The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #26
Landfill
Side-Kick

Default Re: WB Will Produce More Superhero Films, But When?

last i heard about superman is brandon rouths staying in shape to start filming at the beginning of 09. is there other news about it?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #27
jj9126
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landfill View Post
last i heard about superman is brandon rouths staying in shape to start filming at the beginning of 09. is there other news about it?
Routh is about as "in the loop" as we are.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #28
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landfill View Post
this would be good if he would said it last week or even last month.
but this a loooooooooong time ago.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I dunno guys. We're hearing an awful lot of rumors about G.L. and Supermax but nothing M.O.S. related.
If W.B. has plans to make it, it would be wise to say so.
I really wouldn't put that much stalk into Green Arrow happening. Not yet anyway.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #30
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I really wouldn't put that much stalk into Green Arrow happening. Not yet anyway.
i think this is now your 3rd post about this. ohhhhhhhhhhhh you have some new info
did they tell you that they want to make GL but not very fast? they want to take time with it ?

i guess you will also say that there is no new info about MOS and that you think its over

Old 08-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #31
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Maybe Superman is over, but at WB they have not released any release schedule about their sh movies.

At this point we can only speculate about the silence, but maybe the reality is better than we think.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #32
Landfill
Side-Kick

i was hoping they would have a release date for the next superman and batman films. well since batman is doing so well they could have done it like iron man did it and released a date for the sequel the next monday after the initial release.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #33
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Nolan has yet to decide wheter he'll complete a Bat Trilogy or not, and he will hopefully undo the 3rd Installment Curse once and for all if he does. I think news on that front will be leaking out next year.

As for Supes...Who knows. Gotta wait another month I guess.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #34
Landfill
Side-Kick

i have a feeling nolan will be back for a 3rd film but not for awhile. id say at least 4 years. but i do hope we get a superman movie for 2010 if anything.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #35
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Nolan has yet to decide wheter he'll complete a Bat Trilogy or not, and he will hopefully undo the 3rd Installment Curse once and for all if he does. I think news on that front will be leaking out next year.
Agreed, I think about half a year passed before Nolan committed to doing another Batman film after BB. So I would imagine the timeframe would be around the same.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #36
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

In the meanwhile they can introduce some new characters like Flash and Wonder Woman and hopefully the SR sequel.
Reguarding Nolan's franchise, IMO at this point Batman is ready for the JL's step. We don't need another sequel.
IMO they should only put the Batman/Bale cameos in all their new sh movie (MOS included), and then do a JLA movie with Routh and Bale.
The perfect final step would be a "Dark Night Returns" movie made by Snyder.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #37
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Personally, I would prefer a 3rd Batman movie before JL, directed by Nolan as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #38
GreenKToo
In the fire

Its hard for me to imagine Nolan NOT making a 3rd Batman film with the amount of money you just know W.B. will offer him.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #39
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Personally, I would prefer a 3rd Batman movie before JL, directed by Nolan as well.
WB feels the same way, that's why an offer to helm the 3rd one is now on the table for Nolan. The ball is in his court now. WB wants to milk Nolan for as long as they can and get as many Batman films out of him as possible (which will probably be just one more anyway). Before they move onto something much more riskier and complex as a JLA film.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #40
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its hard for me to imagine Nolan NOT making a 3rd Batman film with the amount of money you just know W.B. will offer him.
Agreed, plus the amount of creative freedom WB gave to him. WB could have easily panicked over Nolan's interpretations of the Joker and Two-Face and over the film's overall dark and complex story. But they completely stayed out of his way and they trusted him. And then his film delivered for the studio. So not only will Nolan be receiving a fat paycheck but also he will continue to be working under extremely favorable working conditions. The studio trusts him and he has delivered. I would say they have an excellent working relationship right now which is key.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #41
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ita-KalEl View Post
IMO in the article there are a lot of lines pro SR:

"But given that it unites Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, the studio is trying to figure out how such the pic (cast with younger actors) would affect its existing Batman and Superman franchises -- and whether the script respects how the characters play off each other in the DC universe."

We know that in the GL movie there is Clark Kent, so at WB, they probably have the plan to release a JLA movie within few years and Superman is part of the project. By now there isn't any reason to think that they want a rebooted Superman for the JLA movie.

If the want to release more movies based on the DC comics character, I bet on the fact that we are going to see more Superman movies. There is still hope for a 2010 release.

...or it could mean they don't have all the specs on a reboot done so they don't want to do SUperman in JLA and THEN have a reboot that would be limited by what was done with Superman in JLA, including casting.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
if there are leaks about GL then why are they no for MOS?
because IMO there is noone working on superman now.
I bet there are 'people working' on Superman, but more in the pitch stage instead of actual script writing. Imagine a pitch that gets accepted by the end of the year, then work on an actual script, then preproduction and casting phase, maybe by the summer. Then production. Perhaps 2011- 3 years away. BTW, definitely a reboot.

Also, if CLark Kent is in the GL scirpt, perhaps it's the first of a set of crossovers that will lead into JLA- with a new Superman as well. Then when Nolan is done w/ Batman, you can introduce a new Batman that can go into a JLA film.

Last edited by mego joe; 08-17-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #43
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
WB feels the same way, that's why an offer to helm the 3rd one is now on the table for Nolan. The ball is in his court now. WB wants to milk Nolan for as long as they can and get as many Batman films out of him as possible (which will probably be just one more anyway). Before they move onto something much more riskier and complex as a JLA film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Agreed, plus the amount of creative freedom WB gave to him. WB could have easily panicked over Nolan's interpretations of the Joker and Two-Face and over the film's overall dark and complex story. But they completely stayed out of his way and they trusted him. And then his film delivered for the studio. So not only will Nolan be receiving a fat paycheck but also he will continue to be working under extremely favorable working conditions. The studio trusts him and he has delivered. I would say they have an excellent working relationship right now which is key.
Quote:
Quote:
Well...Nolan almost didn't end up directing Dark Knight. Imagine that.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #44
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Quote:
It's not about money...It's about sending a "message"...

I imagine Nolan will only come back if he feels he still has something to say about Batman. And I hope he feels that way. I really do

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #45
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
It's not about money...It's about sending a "message"...

I imagine Nolan will only come back if he feels he still has something to say about Batman. And I hope he feels that way. I really do
Well he didnt offer closure in TDK, and to me Nolan doesnt seem like the kind that would not finish a story.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #46
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

I still can't think that Superman isn't in the WB'plans.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 AM   #47
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Well...Nolan almost didn't end up directing Dark Knight. Imagine that.
I know, he himself said at one point he didnt want to do a sequel to BB, thank god he was convinced otherwise.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #48
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I know, he himself said at one point he didnt want to do a sequel to BB, thank god he was convinced otherwise.
He was going to take a producer credit on the project.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Hopefully, we will get some Superman reboot news here soon.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 08-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #50
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
He was going to take a producer credit on the project.
Yeah I remember that, I REALLY hope he does a 3rd movie now, but how they will top TDK, i just dont know.

Closed Thread