Side-Kick

Default Re: Iron Man: The End

Sounds interesting. I will

SpideyZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 AM   #3
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I will, Marvel's been doing this with several of there characters, Fantastic Four, Hulk to name a couple, so I'm interested in what they have in store for the story.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Genixx
Side-Kick

i got it. was disappointed in it. ...didnt like the new iron man armor he designed for his replacement. the concept for it was cool..but, design need work. :stark

Genixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #5
oldsboy20
Side-Kick

I thought the story was good. Telling how Tony Stark has to come to grips with getting older and realizing he can't be Iron Man forever. Then getting knocked around in that suit all those years really took a toll on his body. I don't usually follow the Iron Man comics but who was his wife and has she been in the regular comics before? I would have like to have heard what happened to some of his rouges like The Mandarin and what happened to Rhodey (Stark names the big jump building after him but that's it) and Pepper. Yeah I was a bit disappointed about the replacement's armor too. Didn't look very futuristic and could have been allot better looking. I guess I was expecting something that would top the current armor. Would've have liked some big off the wall battle at the end but oh well. Decent story but could have been a lot more.

oldsboy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I enjoyed the story, yeah I agree the armor could have been more high tech, but it still looked good.
As for who Stark's wife is, that is Bethany Cabe, she was very important in Iron Man's history during the 80's, she was Stark's chief of Security among other duties and was always believed by many Iron Man fans to be Tony's true love, it was fitting that after all the women in Stark's life he would finally be with Bethany.
I too wish they would have spent a little more time on what happened to Iron Man's rogues gallery but maybe the writers felt it would clutter the story, it was nice to see a upgraded Crimson Dynamo.
All in all I would give it a B+, a nice end for Tony Stark and it peeked my interest in the new Iron Man.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 AM   #7
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

I liked it, but I was expecting something much more epic than a one-shot; how much respect should an A-lister like IM receive? At least as much IMO as X-men and the F4!! as nice as it was it should've been EPIC

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote