1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Riddick sequels still coming?

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/08/25...ddick-sequels/

Quote:
Four years after his character Richard B. Riddick last graced the silver screen, and some years after telling reporters that there would be another Riddick film in his future, Vin Diesel told MTV News that he no longer thinks there will one day be a Riddick sequel.

He now thinks there will be two.

“David Twowy right now is writing the scripts. The only question is whether we take a page from the ‘Lord of the Rings’ guys and try to shoot the two chapters at the same time. There are two more in mind,” he said of Riddick, the Furyan warrior first introduced in the 2000 film “Pitch Black.” “‘The Chronicles of Riddick’ was presented as a three part trilogy that would answer ‘Pitch Black’ in the same way that ‘Lord of the Rings’ answered ‘The Hobbit.’”

Those are lofty goals indeed for a movie that was very poorly received when it opened in 2004, and had a mediocre performance at the domestic box-office (where it made just $57 million). Diesel, though, is undaunted, insisting that the long space between sequels has nothing to do with convincing others to get on board, and everything to do with wanting to get it right. (To be fair, “Riddick” performed well overseas, and also spawned a best-selling video game which many considered to be better than the movie.)

“Everyone knows I love the Riddick character and I’m always working on it,” Diesel asserted. “It just takes five years to make another one because David Twohy and I are so precious about it.”

So where will Riddick go next? After taking the throne of the Necromonger King at the end of the last chapter, is there any doubt?

“Sooner or later we all end up in the Underverse,” he said of where we can expect the next chapter to take place, adding in a Riddick-like voice, “Sooner or later.”
What do you guys think? Is this just wishful thinking by Vin, or are they really gettin made, I hope its the latter, Riddick is an awesome character and I loved the DC of TCOR, thought it was great, so I hope they manage to get these 2 sequels made somehow.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Default Re: Riddick sequels still coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/08/25...ddick-sequels/

What do you guys think? Is this just wishful thinking by Vin, or are they really gettin made, I hope its the latter, Riddick is an awesome character and I loved the DC of TCOR, thought it was great, so I hope they manage to get these 2 sequels made somehow.
I hope they go back to the 'Pitch Black'-vibe. And not the garbage from the spin-off or sequel, or whatever the hell it was. I loved 'Pitch Black', and I can only hope for a sequel to that film, and not 'The Chronicles of Riddick'.

thejon93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

They make 'em, I'll watch 'em.

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
Gilpesh
Banned User

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Awesome news!

Gilpesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Peyton Westlake
Side-Kick

He is an interesting character & franchise. I'd like to see what Twohy has in mind. I'm for it.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
Timstuff
Banned User

I loved Pitch Black, and I thought that Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good (the first act was very weak, but fortunately the movie got a lot better once things got moving). I just hope that they don't bring back Judi Dench's character, because she felt completely out of place.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
Gotham
Side-Kick

I loved Pitch Black and I loved Riddick even more. I'll watch another installment.

Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
KenK
Side-Kick

I would say that it depends on the success of Babylon AD, which I'm not sure has been promoted very well. The first time I even saw the trailer in theaters was when I went to see Tropic Thunder two weeks ago.

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I am probably in the minority, but I preferred The Chronicles of Riddick to Pitch Black. I just thought TCOR was deeper, and had a grander scale. I also appreciate what they attempted to do visually with the CGI. I especially loved the planet Crematoria. I hope that the sequels follow the style and story of TCOR. Which from what Vin said they will.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
Gilpesh
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I am probably in the minority, but I preferred The Chronicles of Riddick to Pitch Black. I just thought TCOR was deeper, and had a grander scale. I also appreciate what they attempted to do visually with the CGI. I especially loved the planet Crematoria. I hope that the sequels follow the style and story of TCOR. Which from what Vin said they will.
Sans forced PG-13 rating.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #11
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

David Twohy already confirmed he's making a third. He said it would be independent and low budget.

P.S.

On the subject of David Twohy: Sign here

Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Sans forced PG-13 rating.

I prefer the Directors Cut, but I didn't despise the PG-13 cut. The Director's Cut mostly differed in terms of additional story of Riddick himself. At this point I would take a PG-13 Riddick sequel as long as they released another Director's Cut. That's probably what will happen anyway. Anyways, the quality is important to me, and an R rating doesn't always guarantee quality. I just really want another Riddick movie.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #13
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Pitch Black was, to me, a generic sci-fi horror whatever...

TCOR was the first time I ever actually liked a bad-boy type character. It was awesome, and I Want more, please.

GL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
Gilpesh
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I prefer the Directors Cut, but I didn't despise the PG-13 cut. The Director's Cut mostly differed in terms of additional story of Riddick himself. At this point I would take a PG-13 Riddick sequel as long as they released another Director's Cut. That's probably what will happen anyway. Anyways, the quality is important to me, and an R rating doesn't always guarantee quality. I just really want another Riddick movie.
Oh, I like both cuts as well, don't get me wrong. But... because it was PG-13 they lost the chance to do more Riddick things... like swear and use a lot of violence. One example, the big guy he fights in the PG-13 version goes down after one stabbing... in the DC, it takes three or four before he goes down.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I liked Pitch Black and I love Riddick. I've been waiting for this to buy the whole Blu-Ray set (first I need a BD-Player)

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #16
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I own Pitch Black on DVD. I've been waiting to find the CoR DC on DVD for a decent price. Since the sequel(s) are independent and cheap, I see them being rated R.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #17
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

It seems like Riddick is being shown on TNT or some other cable channel several times a week.

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #18
RickO'Connell
Banned User

Sequels would be awesome I hope we eventually find out what his B middle name stands for

RickO'Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
Gilpesh
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
I own Pitch Black on DVD. I've been waiting to find the CoR DC on DVD for a decent price. Since the sequel(s) are independent and cheap, I see them being rated R.
I was lucky and picked up the two pack of Pitch Black and the DC of CoR.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #20
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Bastard

Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #21
Gilpesh
Banned User

Quote:
Bastard
I forgot to mention... it was also four years ago. Haha.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #22
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
David Twohy already confirmed he's making a third. He said it would be independent and low budget.

P.S.

On the subject of David Twohy: Sign here

Signed the petition. I think he could do a damn good job with an Alien VS Predator film.

I would definitely check out a new Riddick film! I loved Pitch Black and thought The Chronicles of Riddick was pretty fun.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #23
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I really liked TCOR, and I hope they get to continue the story with more sequels.

I actually saw TCOR before I had ever seen Pitch Black, PB was a good monster movie, by CR was a good sci-fi epic.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 AM   #24
jabbatheridge
Side-Kick

I know my wife would really love a sequel to TCOR, but I think that has more to do with Vin Diesel than the character itself.

I quite enjoyed TCOR, it wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it was still an enjoyable no brainer sci fi romp, I'd go see a sequel.

jabbatheridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 AM   #25
Nivek
Banned User

I'm up for more Riddick movies.

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote