4 1 5.26%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #76
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

Default Re: Riddick sequels still coming?

Another problem with Chronicles was the fight scene on (can't remember but it was where they were gonna be scorched) had no sound.

It just didn't have the same feel as Pitch Black at all to me. It was a crappy action movie with little suspense.

Pitch Black rocks, I just don't know how Twohy ****ed it up.

In space, no one can hear you scream.

The Forever War
WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #77
black_dust
FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponXProject View Post

They had way to much money slapped on the production thats how, Pitch Black was CHEAP simple and very effective

black_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #78
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_dust View Post
They had way to much money slapped on the production thats how, Pitch Black was CHEAP simple and very effective

Way too much money, I guess, can make the director do more than he needs to or originally wanted to which definitely seemed like an issue. Good point.

The Forever War
Old 01-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #79
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

I actually liked the style/visuals of Chronicles and the action.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #80
Octoberist
point blank

I think Chronicles of Riddick took away what made Pitch Black good; the fact that the character of Riddick was a supporting character and unpredictable made him special. By making him a lead character and a hero to the cosmos took away the mystique. It became way too big when the character should have been small.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #81
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I think Chronicles of Riddick took away what made Pitch Black good; the fact that the character of Riddick was a supporting character and unpredictable made him special. By making him a lead character and a hero to the cosmos took away the mystique. It became way too big when the character should have been small.
I think the character worked better that way but also it was how mysterious the character was in Pitch Black. He had too much dialogue in Chronicles. In Pitch Black he was a man of little words and the few he said were mocking and you didn't know if he could be trusted.

What is really sad about Chronicles was that the videogame, Butcher Bay, was much better than the movie. He wasn't a good guy. He was just a character that was hard to figure out.

I can't wait for March 3rd (I think that's the date) when the knew game is released which also comes with Butcher Bay remastered for the 360. Should be sweet. I would like a prison escape sequel if Riddick were to continue on in theatres. Perhaps a prequel of him escaping from prison and then a sequel to Chronicles of what he does with his new "army".

The Forever War
Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #82
Octoberist
point blank

I'm just a smart dude. lol.

Yeah, I liked the fact that you didn't if you could trust Riddick or not in Pitch Black. But in Chronicles, he was still an anti-hero but it was more cut and dry. I didn't like that.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #83
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

I agree.

Hopefully he can revamp some of his career and push for another movie because right now he's hurting. Nobody really likes Vin. There's rumors that he's gay and I think the general audience would have a problem with an action hero being gay. He's done too much of the same character and the only character he made his own is Riddick and that's what I want to see more of. I am surprised he hasn't gotten more "war movie" roles like Saving Private Ryan considering his short film got him started and that was a soldier story.

The Forever War
Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #84
Octoberist
point blank

When Vin became big, I was a fan of his. But I think he pulled a Stallone and went down the wrong path, career wise.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #85
black_dust
FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!

Not doing XXX2 was a mistake, Doing the kids film the Pacifier was a mistake, Babylon AD would have been great if the studio had not ****ed around with the film.

Technically he hasn't done THAT many movies that were main stream so i think if he makes some right film choices he can get back on top

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #86
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah not going to happen.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #87
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponXProject View Post
Another problem with Chronicles was the fight scene on (can't remember but it was where they were gonna be scorched) had no sound.
It just didn't have the same feel as Pitch Black at all to me. It was a crappy action movie with little suspense.

Then I implore you to watch the directos cut, I hated that that scene had no sound also, but they added it back for the DC as well as some new, cool scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
I actually liked the style/visuals of Chronicles and the action.

I did, I thought they did a good job of creating a new and believable universe, not as good as Serenity, but a good start nontheless.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #88
cerealkiller182
Must Get Deadpool Avatar

I dont think skipping XXX2 was a mistake because it was pretty horrible. I dont think The Pacifier was a mistake, he was just trying to widen his appeal. It failed, yes, but the intentions were good.

cerealkiller182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #89
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^He needs to get back on track, its as simple as that, although going back to the F&F and xXx franchise is the wrong place to go IMO. I just hope they are successful so he has a chance of getting another Riddick movie off the ground.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #90
black_dust
FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller182 View Post
I dont think skipping XXX2 was a mistake because it was pretty horrible. I dont think The Pacifier was a mistake, he was just trying to widen his appeal. It failed, yes, but the intentions were good.
well maybe the reason xxx2 was horrid is that Vin wasnt in it, now they are doing a 3rd and he is back.... which really dents the franchise even more!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^No, I didnt watch 2, but even Vin's involvement wouldnt have made me watch that ****.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #92
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I liked CoR more than PB

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #93
black_dust
FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
I liked CoR more than PB
For what reasons?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #94
david icke
Banned User

I watched the director's cut for the first time tonight, I'd only seen the theatrical cut once before so couldn't say what was added tbh.

Not as good as PB but way better than I thought it would be going by reviews that came out at the time. The only thing that I'm not keen on in the movie is the Necromancers, horrible uniforms, ridiculous dialoge, not very good baddies.

I'd like to see a sequel, you never know, it could happen, it could be good, but yeah, it's unlikely it will happen. Hope so though, Riddick is a great character, love that teacup scene.

david icke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #95
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^There were some great moments in COR and I believe a sequel, if they can get it off the ground, could be really good. The COR DC is so much better than the theatrical version.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #96
Terminator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_dust View Post
For what reasons?
Generally more exciting and larger in scope.

I saw the unrated cut and couldn't believe how much I liked it. I skipped seeing it in theaters because I heard it was terrible and I was blown away when my friend bought the DVD.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #97
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by david icke View Post
I watched the director's cut for the first time tonight, I'd only seen the theatrical cut once before so couldn't say what was added tbh.

Not as good as PB but way better than I thought it would be going by reviews that came out at the time. The only thing that I'm not keen on in the movie is the Necromancers, horrible uniforms, ridiculous dialoge, not very good baddies.

I'd like to see a sequel, you never know, it could happen, it could be good, but yeah, it's unlikely it will happen. Hope so though, Riddick is a great character, love that teacup scene.
and that's where we differ. Big time.

the Necromancers uniforms and over-all visuals/speech were one of my favorite parts of the movie. the way the head guy walks down a long path as the giant ships bow towards him. His mask with the many faces. It's all really fantastic looking.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #98
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^He needs to get back on track, its as simple as that, although going back to the F&F and xXx franchise is the wrong place to go IMO. I just hope they are successful so he has a chance of getting another Riddick movie off the ground.
Ya, I tend to agree though I liked the first two F/F movies I dispised the 3rd one. I though XXX was okay,but it lacked anything new and exciting except for the opening sequence.
I thought he was good in I think its called the Knockaround guys were he plays a thug. I think he needs to stick to those type of roles imo,I sortof enjoyed Babylon AD,but as someone said the studio messed it up to some degree...
I did'nt really enjoy Riddick all that much it just lacked that feel of Pitch Black. It got to full of itself imo,and maybe like one guy said they had too big of a budget...got cgi happy and stuff. They should of made it more like the first in making it a dark movie,and keeping Riddick the anti-hero. It just did'nt hit the spot.
As of now I'm not sure I would want another one the way they finished the last..Really what are they gonna do now hes ruler of the Underverse?
They should of done the second one like a Bladerunner movie think it would of worked better..

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #99
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I love everything about the Riddick universe. Pitch Black was a excellent suspense thriller/actioner. COR was a good adventure/actioner with some really great scenes. Someone mentioned the fight scene on Crematoria, I thought it was pretty cool that it went all silent. It's like Riddick is in his zone, the killing zone, just going off on one. Sorta like Joker hanging out of the cop car in TDK. And what can I say about EFBB? Probably one of the best games I have ever played. And to think the graphics on that are better than some 360 and ps3 games today, a truly brilliant game.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #100
Octoberist
point blank

out of Diesel's three franchises, I think he SHOULD continue on with this one. At least he has that new Riddick game coming out.