4 1 5.26%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #101
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Default Re: Riddick sequels still coming?

Yea definitely. There is a lot of potential with the Riddick character. I would love to see a film of Escape from Butcher Bay. Was that set before Pitch Black or in between PB and COR? I can't remember now.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #102
Gilpesh
Banned User

Before Pitch Black... cause Johns gets that injury that gets him addicted to pain killers.

Gilpesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #103
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Ohh yea, now I remember. Johns is a bad ass as well. It's a shame he is dead really. Cole Hauser was brilliant.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #104
Gilpesh
Banned User

I think that's what made Pitch Black so great.... you really didn't know who was going to live. But then again, the history that they seem to setup a lot of history between Riddick and Johns... means that they could Temple of Doom a couple of stories about how they've met in the past before ending up in Pitch Black.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #105
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomics View Post
Ya, I tend to agree though I liked the first two F/F movies I dispised the 3rd one. I though XXX was okay,but it lacked anything new and exciting except for the opening sequence.
I thought he was good in I think its called the Knockaround guys were he plays a thug. I think he needs to stick to those type of roles imo,I sortof enjoyed Babylon AD,but as someone said the studio messed it up to some degree...
I did'nt really enjoy Riddick all that much it just lacked that feel of Pitch Black. It got to full of itself imo,and maybe like one guy said they had too big of a budget...got cgi happy and stuff. They should of made it more like the first in making it a dark movie,and keeping Riddick the anti-hero. It just did'nt hit the spot.
As of now I'm not sure I would want another one the way they finished the last..Really what are they gonna do now hes ruler of the Underverse?
They should of done the second one like a Bladerunner movie think it would of worked better..
I believe the plan for the 2nd movie was Riddick taking the Necromonger army into the Underverse to bring back Jack/Kyra to the world of the living, then the 3rd movie would have dealt with Furya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
out of Diesel's three franchises, I think he SHOULD continue on with this one. At least he has that new Riddick game coming out.
Agreed, totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I think that's what made Pitch Black so great.... you really didn't know who was going to live. But then again, the history that they seem to setup a lot of history between Riddick and Johns... means that they could Temple of Doom a couple of stories about how they've met in the past before ending up in Pitch Black.
I wouldnt mind a prequel bringing John's back at all, really cool character as well.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #106
Rac
Deadite

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/p...=picks;title;1
Quote:
GS: The current state of a third movie in the Riddick series seems a little uncertain to the casual fan right now. How does that affect the writing and story explored in the new Dark Athena content? Does it sort of give you guys more room to explore this fiction, or does that change anything about how you've approached this game?

VD: Good question. Maybe we're too tight-lipped about the next Chronicles of Riddick film, and I think circa the release of [Dark Athena] that's probably when you'll start hearing more about the next Riddick film. It is underway and I almost think it's a coincidence that we haven't heard anything, that there hasn't been a lot of public stuff on the Riddick movie.

GS: So it hasn't affected the way you've explored the story in Dark Athena at all, or at least the writing team on the game?

VD: No, one of the important things we did early on in the process was really, really, really try to get every developer, every person working, every graphics designer working on this game to understand the mythology of the film and the IP as a whole. So there were bibles being created that talked about what can exist in this universe and what can't exist in this universe. So I'm actually proud about the fact that everyone is a Chronicles of Riddick expert on the game side. I think that adds something special to the game, and it definitely alleviates any concerns about where the story goes in the game. Because I feel like they've all committed so much to the franchise that everything they do only enhances the universe.

But it's interesting that you've made that comment. Maybe we've been too tight-lipped about the movie, and you'll probably hear a lot more about it as this game is released. I think we were so adamant about knocking this game out of the park that we've been doing a lot of late hours--the overtime's on the game at the moment while [Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick screenwriter] David Twohy is finishing up the next script.
I'm excited!

Pitch Black and TCOR are hitting Blu-ray on March 31st. No word on Dark Fury. :/

Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #107
Eelectro 2
Side-Kick

no, we dont' need a prequel for these movies. pitch black is the only 'prequel' story that we need. i certainly hope a 3rd movie comes out, i really enjoy the first 2 films, i just wouldnt' be too excited to hear about the necromongers coming back, they were kinda bland characters (the whole big army idea is overused)

Eelectro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #108
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

How bout the third movie a sequel to Chronicles and the fourth (if possible) to be a prison escape prequel?

Forgot to mention how excited I got over the news of a possible sequel! I love that Furion bad ass!

In space, no one can hear you scream.

The Forever War
WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #109
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

how are they gonna solve Riddick now being Lord marshall of the Necro's?. I loved that movie & Storyline but how thier gonna get out of it is beyond me.

Steve

Old 04-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #110
Retroman
Side-Kick

Vin says that Twohy is almost done with the script.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/03...iddick-sequel/

With Fast & Furious unexpected big opening i don't think it should be long before they officialy announce this.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #111
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Screw the movies... just make more of the games...

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #112
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN O STEEL View Post
how are they gonna solve Riddick now being Lord marshall of the Necro's?. I loved that movie & Storyline but how thier gonna get out of it is beyond me.
That's what the next movie will deal with.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #113
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
That's what the next movie will deal with.
I believe the plan for the next one was Riddick was going to take the army into the Underverse to bring back Kyra. Hope they have kept this story, sounds interesting.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #114
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

So the Underverse is like limbo or something? Or is it actually THE afterlife sorta thing?

I always thought it was just a different dimension, like a parallel universe or something. Not the place where people go when they die.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #115
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
So the Underverse is like limbo or something? Or is it actually THE afterlife sorta thing?

I always thought it was just a different dimension, like a parallel universe or something. Not the place where people go when they die.

Yeah I always thought of it more as some sort of different dimension rather than an actual afterlife (Underverse - a universe under ours).. But I suppose the afterlife could just be a different dimension you 'soul' happens to go to when you die or maybe only necros go there I don't know. But if the idea is that Riddick will enter the afterlife to save Kyra then the idea that it's actually just a different dimension makes sense.

I enjoyed Pitch Black and I also enjoyed Chronicles, although I can see why people might not like Chronicles as they do feel like different films. But I think it's an interesting and cool universe and would like to see it developed more. The idea of Riddick go to Underverse to save Kyra does sound pretty cool... Hopfully they can perhaps get the tone somewhere in between Chronicles and Riddick (which would work for me), given that the idea of Underverse/afterlife is quite a dark one...

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #116
Soapy
It's happening again...

So here is my opinion on any future Riddick sequels. To give some perspective on my opinion, this is how I have experienced the franchise...

1. The Chronicles of Riddick. I saw this one first. I thought the Riddick character was pretty cool and I thought the film itself was boring and overblown at worst and okay at best.

2. Escape From Butcher Bay. Riddick is still cool, and this is by a wide margin my favorite part of the whole franchise.

3. Pitch Black. In anticipation of Assault on Dark Athena I eagerly watched the movie that started all this. I liked it a lot better than the Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick is predictably badass, but even though I liked the movie, I feel it was pretty medicore. Not bad, but not great either. I feel like a little exposition here and there would have gone a long way in improving this one.

So that brings me to my thoughts on the future... if they do more sequels, I would prefer it if they pretended like The Chronicles of Riddick never happened. After experiencing Escape From Butcher Bay and Pitch Black, I can safely say that's certainly what I'll be doing. I definately prefer the human Riddick who got his eyeshine in a gross prison surgery to the super-powered alien Riddick. I really, really hope that this new movie will be a prequel based on Butcher Bay.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #117
Gilpesh
Banned User

I prefer, that they don't do anything even close to what you're suggesting.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #118
Soapy
It's happening again...

You didn't care for Escape From Butcher Bay?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #119
Gilpesh
Banned User

I did care for Butcher Bay. That's why I don't want it as a movie. And I loved the Director's Cut of Chronicles of Riddick.

Also, there is no need to make a bad decision such as going over the same territory again and ignoring two movies just cuz.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #120
Soapy
It's happening again...

That's a fair point. I just see The Chronicles of Riddick as the "black sheep" of the series and I would probably hate it if they continued down that path. It just feels so different from everything else. I mean, for example...where exactly are the Elementals and Necrobastards during Pitch Black? Not even one reference of the Underverse? TCoR and Pitch Black/Butcher Bay feel like they take place in two completely different fictional universes. To me it just sort of feels like if the sequel to Alien was patterned after Star Wars or something.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #121
Gilpesh
Banned User

Yes. Because in a horrible prison like Butcher Bay where tomorrow isn't guaranteed... they should talk about politics and other stuff like that... makes for a great action game.
And everyone while running for their life from crazy monsters that live in the dark... they should pause and say to the camera, "Damn, these things are worse then Necromongers!"

Or you could see Pitch Black as the Hobbit. And Chronicles of Riddick as the Lord of the Rings. Or did you think it was a bit of a ripoff that the sequel to the Hobbit had no setup in the actual Hobbit besides a stupid ring.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #122
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Yes. Because in a horrible prison like Butcher Bay where tomorrow isn't guaranteed... they should talk about politics and other stuff like that... makes for a great action game.
And everyone while running for their life from crazy monsters that live in the dark... they should pause and say to the camera, "Damn, these things are worse then Necromongers!"
You know, it is possible to foreshadow things for sequels or expand the viewers perception of the world without beating them over the head with it. Also, I know it's easy to be dismissive and not address the topic at hand but snide comments are pretty unnecessary, in my opinion.

Having said that, I lol'd at the bolded portion.

Quote:
Or you could see Pitch Black as the Hobbit. And Chronicles of Riddick as the Lord of the Rings. Or did you think it was a bit of a ripoff that the sequel to the Hobbit had no setup in the actual Hobbit besides a stupid ring.
There are a couple of problems with comparing The Chronicles of Riddick to Lord of The Rings.

A. For starters...you're comparing The Chronicles of Riddick to Lord of The Rings.
B. The key difference here aside from quality is that The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings very clearly are part of the same universe. Going from Hobbit to LoTR you feel like what you're reading is just a natural and logical progression of what has come before. You get to see the world from a more in-depth perspective and nothing in it feels out of place. The same could be said going from Pitch Black to TCoR...with one caveat; Almost everything in TCoR feels out of place and none of it feels like a natural or logical continuation of Pitch Black.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #123
Gilpesh
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamar141 View Post
You know, it is possible to foreshadow things for sequels or expand the viewers perception of the world without beating them over the head with it. Also, I know it's easy to be dismissive and not address the topic at hand but snide comments are pretty unnecessary, in my opinion.
You mean like saying, "Screw that whole interesting thing where they took Riddick out of his element and introduced him to the universe... let's just do the same thing over and over again and ignore that movie"?

Also. It isn't quite as possible to foreshadow things for a sequel... when you make a one-off movie.

Quote:
A. For starters...you're comparing The Chronicles of Riddick to Lord of The Rings.

Quote:
B. The key difference here aside from quality is that The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings very clearly are part of the same universe. Going from Hobbit to LoTR you feel like what you're reading is just a natural and logical progression of what has come before. You get to see the world from a more in-depth perspective and nothing in it feels out of place.
So that neat little ring that turns the person invisible in the Hobbit... is logically, of course, the most powerful weapon in the entire world which a great evil has been looking for ages?

(forget that he actually had to retcon things to make them work)

Quote:
The same could be said going from Pitch Black to TCoR...with one caveat; Almost everything in TCoR feels out of place and none of it feels like a natural or logical continuation of Pitch Black.
Wait... the dude that is running from the entire universe... is naturally out of his element once he is thrust into the middle of events in a crazy war in what seems to be a completely illogical move?

That's just crazy talk.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #124
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:

Space politics? What kind of politics should interest the audience if it happens in outer space? It doesn't look like Earth is even important in that future. It didn't work well in Star Wars, so it relied on the action and drama to carry it.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #125
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
Vin says that Twohy is almost done with the script.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/03...iddick-sequel/

With Fast & Furious unexpected big opening i don't think it should be long before they officialy announce this.
Cool!

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote