The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Who should the villain be?
Ultra-Humanite 2 2.02%
Lex Luthor 59 59.60%
Prankster 0 0%
Toyman 2 2.02%
Mister Mxyzptlk 1 1.01%
Brainiac 62 62.63%
Metallo 30 30.30%
General Zod 10 10.10%
Composite Superman 0 0%
Parasite 10 10.10%
Darkseid 18 18.18%
Mongul 6 6.06%
Eradicator 3 3.03%
Cyborg Superman 2 2.02%
Doomsday 12 12.12%
Gog 1 1.01%
Not Sure 2 2.02%
They should'nt reboot 5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #26
That-Guy
Banned User

Default Re: For The Reboot, who should the Villain/Villains be?

Brainiac as the main villain, with Lex in more of a supporting, behind-the-scenes villain role. And maybe the Eradicator device could be introduced but not as the actual Krypton Man character yet... just the machine.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #27
Magneto

Lex or Brainiac could be the lead villain, id be fine either way

Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
SuperDaniel
Banned User

^I think they should just mix the Eradicator with Braniac and make it the same character. I kinda want Braniac to be a small device first like the Eradicator and then later arrange himself a robotic body.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:18 AM   #29
Magneto

that'd be great, but they'd have to work the character just right

Old 09-01-2008, 12:24 AM   #30
That-Guy
Banned User

I'd rather they keep Brainy and Eradicator seperate, just because I love both characters and I think that they each could be interesting and work well in a film, particularly because Eradicator eventually becomes a hero and I'd love to see them do that arc (I'd kill for a solo Eradicator movie, though I doubt it would ever happen).

I'd also like to cast a vote for NEVER have Mister Mxyzptlk in a film because I f**king hate him).

Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #31
Magneto

well i really want to see Lex with Braniac and maybe Metallo, but regardless i'm sure they'll use Lex

Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #32
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
I'd rather they keep Brainy and Eradicator seperate, just because I love both characters and I think that they each could be interesting and work well in a film, particularly because Eradicator eventually becomes a hero and I'd love to see them do that arc (I'd kill for a solo Eradicator movie, though I doubt it would ever happen).

I'd also like to cast a vote for NEVER have Mister Mxyzptlk in a film because I f**king hate him).
In TAS, Brainiac and the eradicator are basically the same character. Have you ever read Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?

Old 09-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #33
That-Guy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
In TAS, Brainiac and the eradicator are basically the same character. Have you ever read Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?
Sadly no... I've heard that it would give me a newfound respect for Mxy, but until I get around to it, I still hate him.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 AM   #34
SuperDaniel
Banned User

You're missing out. One of the greatest Superman stories ever.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #35
Cousin Itt
Side-Kick

I would only want to see Zod and his crew if they threw Parasite in there to make it more interesting.

As for this film though... I would love to see a Luthor Brainiac team.

- Unknown
Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #36
Magneto

that's my pick also

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 AM   #37
Mentok
Side-Kick

Ultra-Humanite in the form of a giant Ant.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #38
Nightwing
The Next Batman

We've seen too much of Brainiac in the Smallville show so I dont think he'll make an appearance as the main villain. Same with plans for Doomsday to feature in Season 8 so i cant see him being there either...the way Smallville is panning out they're lining it up for a Justice League series or film and I can see Doomsday being the main villain for that..

The ultimate villain that i would love to see (played by Michael Duncan Clarke) would be Darkseid...

That visually on screen with the Omega Blast would be awesome and when it boils down to it these two are destined to fight forever...Luthor has been done in all the films and yes he could feature as trying to manipulate Darkseid to his own gain but Darkseid would be the villain to put on the big screen

Avatar requests? PM me...I'll see what I can do.

Show some support to a budding writer

Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #39
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I voted Brainiac, Luthor, Metallo, and Parasite. Obviously it would be too much to put all of them in (unless there's just a quick scene where he takes one of them down.... i.e. the Scarecrow scene in TDK). But I do hope that these are four that they choose from. IMO, these four are among the best 5 Superman villains.... the other being Doomsday of course. But I do not want to see Doomsday in a film.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #40
SuperDaniel
Banned User

^That on Smallville wasn't really the Brainiac i want to see...You cannot compare a TV show with a big-budget movie. That would be like saying we cant use Metallo because he appeared in the Superboy shows and Lois & Clark.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #41
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

I wanna see Lex Luthor plus another villain. Brainiac being the top choice, and Parasite being close by. But I personally wouldn't put Brainiac AND Metallo. Either one or the other, because I can't see Metallo as a bit player.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #42
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Brainiac should be the main villain and Luthor should be lurking/plotting in the shadows kinda like being part of the audience.

Brainiac as done by Gary Frank would be killer. More like an entity. A "brain". Plus, he looks freakin' scary. Maybe make him more mobile.
And maybe kinda combine him with Metallo or Metallo be his servant/henchmen.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #43
Hulkfan2008!
Side-Kick

trilogy

Superman: Man of Steel
Braniac, lex luthor
(can anyone post a recent pic of braniac ? i saw him in a comic and thought that the look he had there would near perfect for a movie.)

Superman: Doomsday
lex luthor, doomsday

Superman: Rebirth
bizzaro, metallo, lex luthor

Woe thee who dare harm an innocent in his presence, for even God won't spare you from his retribution.

Last edited by Hulkfan2008!; 09-01-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #44
batman44
Go Speed GO

If they're doing an origin film, I'll like to see Lex Luther, Intergang, and Metallo.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #45
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

Granny Goodness should totally be the villain, played by John Travolta..... LMAO!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #46
SuperDaniel
Banned User

How about...A GIANT SPIDER?

Old 09-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #47
COMPO
Side-Kick

I'd go with Luthor and Metello uno if they do an origin cos my idea is that Lex has Team Luthor help the Police gith crime but he charges them a small fee and sometimes stages some of the emergencies to get more money out of them and also to get more people in the city to love him.

Superman comes along and not only makes Team Luthor look obsolete, he's doing it for free. So LexCorp has been studying Kryptonite and its affects on plants and animals, Lex wants to do it on people and see what they can do with it. One of his old Luthor agents had was killed during one of Superman's heroics and Lex builds him into Metallo to get rid of Superman so he can save the city from now on and be the hero of Metropolis.

Metallo and Superman fight with Superman weakened he's easily beaten. Metallo goes mad with power afterwards thinking he should be in charge and not Luthor and goes after Luthor to take over.

Superman wakes up after Metallo goes away from him so he doesnt feel the affects. He starts looking for Metallo and fights him fast so he can't open his rib cage revealing the Krpyontie inside. Superman agaion is weakened and uses long distance attacks to beat Metallo but not before Lex blows Metallos head off with the detonator he put in his head.

Lex picks up the Kryptonite knowing it now weakens Superman he moves towards him but doesn't kill him... he just lets Superman know he knows how to kill him and holds it over Superman that one day he'll be the one to kill him.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #48
Magneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkfan2008! View Post
trilogy

Superman: Man of Steel
Braniac, lex luthor
(can anyone post a recent pic of braniac ? i saw him in a comic and thought that the look he had there would near perfect for a movie.)

Superman: Doomsday
lex luthor, doomsday

Superman: Rebirth
bizzaro, metallo, lex luthor
that all sounds good but i'd like for luther to die or go to jail or something in the second one

Old 09-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #49
COMPO
Side-Kick

Luthor should always be in a Superman film but he doesnt have to be a big role either a cameo like him being on the news or a mention so we know he's always there i mean hes the CEO of the large company he's gonna be in the foreground even if he is in the background.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #50
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Enough with Luthor and Kryptonite. Give him a couple scenes and all the other villain screen time to Brainiac already.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Closed Thread