The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Who should the villain be?
Ultra-Humanite 2 2.02%
Lex Luthor 59 59.60%
Prankster 0 0%
Toyman 2 2.02%
Mister Mxyzptlk 1 1.01%
Brainiac 62 62.63%
Metallo 30 30.30%
General Zod 10 10.10%
Composite Superman 0 0%
Parasite 10 10.10%
Darkseid 18 18.18%
Mongul 6 6.06%
Eradicator 3 3.03%
Cyborg Superman 2 2.02%
Doomsday 12 12.12%
Gog 1 1.01%
Not Sure 2 2.02%
They should'nt reboot 5 5.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #76
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: For The Reboot, who should the Villain/Villains be?

Lex will be the new smart villain. He will finally be smart.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #77
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I agree with dark b, this mentality of the "we'll do it in the sequel" is just wrong. At this point if they do a reboot it will only have one chance to succeed, thats why you can't put in luthor again with a villain as the muscle. It has to be a big threat to even warrent the idea of a sequel. Look what happend with SR. If brainiac is used for the first movie it can be top'd for a sequel.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #78
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I agree with dark b, this mentality of the "we'll do it in the sequel" is just wrong. At this point if they do a reboot it will only have one chance to succeed, thats why you can't put in luthor again with a villain as the muscle. It has to be a big threat to even warrent the idea of a sequel. Look what happend with SR. If brainiac is used for the first movie it can be top'd for a sequel.
yeah.
ok i am not an expert but you need to give people the ultimate movie.
of course it will not be the best superman movie but you need to try to make it.

''no more holding back''

can you imagine that the writters of TF would say '' yeah i knwo that fans were angry that there was not fight between OP and megatron.we are waiting for the sequel. we had to introduce those robots and it would nto make sense for them to fight. it will end everythign with their epic battle''.

mu hahah. who said you will
get a sequel bryn singer? looks like you arent getting it you could make a badass movie wiht emotions. but nooooooooooo you had to be a smart ass right?????????????????? you had to hold back. the same for WB. you had to bullsh... us with some ''compeling love story'' and a lot of action right?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #79
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

To me Metallo isn't holding back as I really, really like him. I would dig Brainiac too but I'd perfer Metallo because his introduction on the Animated series is one of my favorite of the series.

Just defending my opinion because some people seem to think that I'm not picking him because I like him.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #80
dark_b
Side-Kick

respect that.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #81
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

For me I really just don't like metallo. He has a good concept but he comes off with a terminator vibe and they really haven't been able to come up with a design that strays away from that. IMO with metallo you get more of luthor and for a first movie I really think they need to not include him at all or have a brief appearence. I would not be against him in a sequel but i just don't see him as a villain that has potential to be more than just a henchman. Than again I'm not the writer so who knows.

I think brainiac provides an opportunity to explore his origin if they don't want to go into a full blown origin story, or if they do.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #82
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT View Post
Every superhero has a villain that taxes him/her, but that's no reason to keep hashing it in each cinematic offering.

Don't be afraid of something that hasn't been done before.
Lex Luthor is a rather unique villain.

He isn't a villain that you simply can use every once and a while. He is a core part of Superman's cast alongside Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Ma & Pa Kent. It just isn't complete without Lex.

He isn't like Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, the Roman, Two-Face, and the Joker in the Batman movies or Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Sandman, and Venom in the Spider-Man movies or Iron Monger in Iron Man or the Abomination in the Incredible Hulk where you just simply use them and once the movie is over you speculate on who they're going to use next.

Lex Luthor must be used in all Superman movies as either the key villain, the guy behind villains such as Bizarro, Parasite, and Metallo, or some sort of presence such as working with Superman to defeat Zod (like he did Last Son) or being manipulated by Darkseid or Brainiac (like he did in the DCAU).

Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #83
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I agree that Lex should be in every movie. But it HAS to have alien super powered villains; the sci fi angle is such a huge sell and could be so badass! The money shots from ontages of the aliens arriving to Earth...

*dreams of market potential*

R.I.P. Heath
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #84
That-Guy
Banned User

How about Ultraman? Just kidding... although if they ever do make a JLA movie... I'd love to see the Crime Syndicate. But not the lameass original one... I want the one from JLA: Earth 2. THOSE were some truly evil badasses.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #85
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

First film: Lex Luthor and Metallo with Brainiac responsible for the destruction of Krypton.
Second film: Brainiac, Parasite and Lex Luthor
Third film: Darkseid, Doomsday, Lex Luthor

I think Lex should be in all the films kind of pulling the strings to everything.

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #86
broblacksteel
Side-Kick

plain and simple during the intro/credits....PLEASE use a voice over explaining supes origin (home planet, explosion, earth, child/adulthood etc) for the first 5-7mins.... THEN BOOM right into superman in the middle of a battle with a lesser character...(one he can actually hit!)

Then after beating him, get into the story... whatever it may be (luther in jail or a NEW threat emerging etc.)

BTW i like the idea of Darkseid monitoring earth at the end of the movie, or construction workers, making a phone call to lex corp saying "sir we have uncovered something in the mines/underground".... or course it could be a capsule containing doomsday..... just a thought...

Last edited by broblacksteel; 09-03-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #87
COMPO
Side-Kick

I think it should be:

First film: Lex Luthor and Metallo
Second film: Luthor on his own
Third Film: Luthor and Brainiac and an evil Superman
Fourth film: Doomsday and Darksied (Luthor small role)
Fifth film: Doomsday again

Old 09-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #88
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
yeah this was Singers idea of first movie and look where we are.

i odnt htink that people wnat to see a dead superman or a grandpa superman at he end of the first movie. but you need to make the first movie like its your last. go with everything you have. if not doomsday then darkside.
or like maybe brainiac.
again this is the last chance for a new superman . we already had LL in the 80's. and we have enough of LL on smallville. the technology is there and the money will be there. why not make doomsday or brainiac ?
Never suggested either, dont know what you are on about.

Metallo and Lex are more than enough of a threat for the first movie, as I said earlier a cameo from a lesser Superman villain like Black Rock, Replikon or Ruin would more than satisfy.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #89
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Yeah, I'd say Luthor doesn't HAVE to be in all Superman movies, but most of them, yes. Because let's face it, how many times have we seen Luthor actually die? Well, comic deaths aside( I know of at least two) it doesn't happen much because Superman is not gonna kill him, is not gonna go "I don't have to save you either" and he's a pretty resourcefull guy. I could see them not using Luthor if he's been injailed, or if Darkseid is the main villain (though that's not to say Darkseid negates any possibility of Luthor being in). Being that this is a Reboot, well, i'd be surprised if they don't give Luthor at least a hint.

That said, It's be interesting if they went with some off-the beaten-path choices, like Livewire. I'd really like to see that!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #90
marcvader
Lurker #1

Hey guys, not a big follower of Supes but would love to see an entertaining movie. Hope whoever does the reboot hits it out of the park. As far as his adversaries suggested by most of you guys ie. Brainiac, Metallo, can these guys give him a fight physically. That's what i feel has been missing. I'd like to see someone he could get physical with and not just do amazing things in certain situations. Do these villains fit the bill?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #91
VenomsMom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
Yeah, I'd say Luthor doesn't HAVE to be in all Superman movies, but most of them, yes. Because let's face it, how many times have we seen Luthor actually die? Well, comic deaths aside( I know of at least two) it doesn't happen much because Superman is not gonna kill him, is not gonna go "I don't have to save you either" and he's a pretty resourcefull guy. I could see them not using Luthor if he's been injailed, or if Darkseid is the main villain (though that's not to say Darkseid negates any possibility of Luthor being in). Being that this is a Reboot, well, i'd be surprised if they don't give Luthor at least a hint.

That said, It's be interesting if they went with some off-the beaten-path choices, like Livewire. I'd really like to see that!
In SR he sure was going to kill Lex Kitty and those goons by tossing them into space. LOL

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #92
sdc10
Side-Kick

Just a quick question....is Darkseid pronounced dark side? or dark seed?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #93
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

"Dark Side."

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #94
Holiday
'Bout that action

Would any of yall wanna see Lobo in a Superman movie? I think if it were a darker movie he could be badass. Have Josh Brolin play him.

Anyways for the next film I wanna see Lex established and use Metallo as a minor villian and Parasite as the main villian.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #95
That-Guy
Banned User

Yeah, I think Parasite could make for an interesting villain in a film. Visually, I think he'd look more interesting than Metallo.

You guys may have a point about saving Brainy for part 2 or 3 because he's definitely a "on a grander scale" kinda bad guy... not necessarily something you want to include in the first installment.

Then again, Batman Begins had Ra's as the villain, and I've always considered him to be Batman "biggest" enemy because he represents a global threat whereas the Joker, Two-Face, etc. are really only concerned with Gotham.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #96
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I liken brainiac to Ra's as well and firmly believe he should be in this film. Having luthor and a henchmen is not bringing anything new to the film and will be SR + a villain that he can punch. Do brainiac hint at luthor for the sequel, I think thats the best thing for the audience. I also like parasite better than metallo just cause he is visually better than him. They have no choice but to go big in this film and I think this is a problem with fans belief in saving people for a sequel, their might not be a sequel if this movie doesn't deliver.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #97
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPO View Post
I think it should be:

First film: Lex Luthor and Metallo
Second film: Luthor on his own
Third Film: Luthor and Brainiac and an evil Superman
Fourth film: Doomsday and Darksied (Luthor small role)
Fifth film: Doomsday again
That would be boring and it was already done with SR and it would be a financial disaster for WB. You up the ante in sequels.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #98
Magneto

i think there should be three then vs and then Justice League

Old 09-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #99
That-Guy
Banned User

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #100
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

the dreaded Spide Squirel...no the public is not ready for that kind of hard core stuff on the big blue screen.