The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #51
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH HUMBBUG! View Post
Well I meant instead of burning to dvd in vob file what about burning in iso file?
Oh, well ive never really dealt with iso files, so id be no help there

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #52
Ion Kenshin
Torch Bearer
 
Ion Kenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Beware my Power. Green Lantern's Light
Posts: 9,160
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

i have question about converting dvd files...i am converting torrents i download and i wanna convert them so i can burn to a dvd what files type should i change it to?

__________________
Ion Kenshin of Earth.
You have the ability to overcome great fear.
Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.
Ion Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #53
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

what format are they in now?

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #54
Ion Kenshin
Torch Bearer
 
Ion Kenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Beware my Power. Green Lantern's Light
Posts: 9,160
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

.avi

__________________
Ion Kenshin of Earth.
You have the ability to overcome great fear.
Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.
Ion Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #55
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

well you could author it to a DVD(vob) but i dont know how to do that. Or there this program i use to convert videos and two of the options on there is DVD Video NTSC Movie (mpg.) and DVD Video PAL Movie (mpg.). Ive never tried it but If you wanna try it, the program is called Any Video Converter
http://www.any-video-converter.com/p...or_video_free/

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #56
Ion Kenshin
Torch Bearer
 
Ion Kenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Beware my Power. Green Lantern's Light
Posts: 9,160
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

yea thats the program i have as well..thanks tho

__________________
Ion Kenshin of Earth.
You have the ability to overcome great fear.
Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.
Ion Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #57
WallCrawl
Side-Kick
 
WallCrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nexus of Time.
Posts: 13,429
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
any good programmes for burning back up dvd's, i just want to clear some files. i was planing to get nero 8 but i've heard nothing but bad things
If you just want to throw some data files onto a DVD in order to get them off your hard drive to save space, some free DVD burning software are:

CDburnerXP (burns DVDs)
InfraRecorder
Burrrn

__________________
Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for
anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
WallCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #58
WallCrawl
Side-Kick
 
WallCrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nexus of Time.
Posts: 13,429
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshinAtrain View Post
i have question about converting dvd files...i am converting torrents i download and i wanna convert them so i can burn to a dvd what files type should i change it to?
I've done this before with AVI's. I use a program called ConvertXtoDVD. It's not freeware though. A few free media converters are:

FormatFactory
MediaCoder
Super

I'm fairly certain that they all can convert files to MPEG-2 (.vob) which is standard DVD format. If you take a retail DVD and pop it into your PC, you'll see an AUDIO_TS folder (which will be empty) and a VIDEO_TS folder which will house all the vob files. So after converting any file to VOB, that's what you should get.

__________________
Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for
anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
WallCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #59
WallCrawl
Side-Kick
 
WallCrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nexus of Time.
Posts: 13,429
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH HUMBBUG! View Post
Well I meant instead of burning to dvd in vob file what about burning in iso file?
From the way I understand it, ISO's are just image containers, so creating an ISO image from an AVI file wouldn't natively convert the AVI into the VOB's needed to be played in a DVD player, you'd just get an .ISO file that when opened or explored contains an AVI file inside. An ISO or IMG file is only playable in a "will only play DVDs and nothing else" DVD player if the ISO contains the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and vob files inside.

I think.

__________________
Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for
anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
WallCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #60
Ion Kenshin
Torch Bearer
 
Ion Kenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Beware my Power. Green Lantern's Light
Posts: 9,160
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

thanx for all the help guys

__________________
Ion Kenshin of Earth.
You have the ability to overcome great fear.
Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.
Ion Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #61
bgates87
Waiting for a train
 
bgates87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,483
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

How about a free C++ compiler, with a decent interface!

Also, here's a great free vector graphics editor, InkScape:

http://www.inkscape.org/

For people who don't want to shell out the big bucks for Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, well... this isn't as good as those programs but it's the closest you'll get without paying.

__________________
http://bgates87.deviantart.com/

Last edited by bgates87; 10-27-2008 at 07:39 PM.
bgates87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,314
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgates87 View Post
How about a free C++ compiler, with a decent interface!

Also, here's a great free vector graphics editor, InkScape:

http://www.inkscape.org/

For people who don't want to shell out the big bucks for Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, well... this isn't as good as those programs but it's the closest you'll get without paying.
Argh! I used to use one and I can't remember it's damn name!

I know Eclipse does Java (and I want to say C++ too). And you can get a free Express version of Visual C++ from Microsoft...


EDIT

Maybe try Codeblocks? http://www.codeblocks.org/

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 10-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #63
Exabyte
Not your Friend
 
Exabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Proxy
Posts: 4,342
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Everything is free to me, I just take it.

__________________
QWgsIHlvdSBkZWNvZGVkIGl0Li4u
Exabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #64
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle
 
Sam Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,742
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Thought I'd give this a bump

__________________
MY DVD COLLECTION http://spideyreloaded.dvdaf.com/owned
R.I.P Spectacular Spider-man 2008 To 2009

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,314
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

I just got a free copy of Parallels Workstation. So I put Xubuntu linux on it. I'm really liking it. Ubuntu has a central software repository. So instead of going out and downloading and installing software packages, I just run a command from the terminal and it goes out and does the work for me.

I'm really thinking about switching operating systems next month over the President's Day weekend.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #66
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,562
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

ok i'm trying to recall a software I used to have that I want to redownload.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't freeware, but I used it for creating pages for my website. I'd basically format everything on the page how I wanted, and it would generate the html code for me to input.

I know basic html code, but I would prefer a software that can generate it for me like mentioned above. Does anyone know what software I'm referring to or can suggest one that is similar?

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #67
SuperZer0
______________
 
SuperZer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,521
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
ok i'm trying to recall a software I used to have that I want to redownload.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't freeware, but I used it for creating pages for my website. I'd basically format everything on the page how I wanted, and it would generate the html code for me to input.

I know basic html code, but I would prefer a software that can generate it for me like mentioned above. Does anyone know what software I'm referring to or can suggest one that is similar?
I think the software you're referring to is Adobe Dreamweaver.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/

__________________
__________________
SuperZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 AM   #68
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,562
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZer0 View Post
I think the software you're referring to is Adobe Dreamweaver.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/
thanks. i'll look into Dreamweaver and see if this is it.

i was thinking it might be called GoLive or something similar, but dreamweaver does sound familiar.

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 AM   #69
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,314
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Adobe used to make GoLive. But Dreamweaver is their product now.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #70
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,621
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Is Fiirefox is good as a web browser on Windows Vista?

__________________
"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." - The Dark Knight.

Avatar by Kane.
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #71
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,562
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Is Fiirefox is good as a web browser on Windows Vista?
im not sure about Firefox, but I use Opera on Vista with no problems

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #72
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,314
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Firefox works fine on Vista. Much, much, better then IE. The only browser I'll use when I have a choice.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #73
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,454
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brownstone View Post
a vob. file, that should look like this

if you do burn one like this and youre using nero, burn it as a file dvd and make sure the vob, ifo, bup files are in a folder named VIDEO_TS, dont make another folder inside this one. then just put the folder in nero and burn it like that.

or are you talking about files like avi and mpg?
Wow, i didn't even know this thread existed! Mac user here-

I've been working all week in trying to crack my problem:

I have some dvds that i bought, but are in PAL format and want to convert them to NTSC so i can watch them on my tv's dvd player. I got them to my HD and made them region 0, but they're still in PAL format, so i used 'isky converter' to convert the VOB files into .MOV files, so that the free program 'JES Deinterlacer' could recognise the file and i used it to convert the file from PAL to NTSC.It resulted in a good conversion-with mild decease in video quality. So now i need to convert the file BACK to VOB so that DVD2One can burn it to dvd for me...i heard 'Toast' could have done all this for me, but this thread is about FREE software.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #74
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

What's the proper program for turning avi vids into avatars i.e. gifs/



Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #75
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,314
Default Re: The SHH! Guide to Free Powerful Software! New And Improved!

I'd like to know that too. Nothing I've found makes creating animated gifs easy.

And nothing I've found is good or free.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.