The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #151
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: The Official Gran Turismo Thread

I dunno I do just fine with a small table I use in front of me with my Logitech wheel. I spent 300 on my computer chair, and I love it it's so relaxing lol.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #152
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I dunno I do just fine with a small table I use in front of me with my Logitech wheel. I spent 300 on my computer chair, and I love it it's so relaxing lol.
Hey, if your setup works, it works. And that's one reason why I bought my wheel stand. I have an AMAZING chair that I use to watch movies or play games in, but didn't have any kind of table or desk to mount my wheel, so I bought the stand.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #153
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Yea im gonna check in to that stand.

Right now i have a small wooden TV Dinner tray that i have my wheel attached to but its not very sturdy and i dont know if its just the position of the wheel and pedals, but at about the hour mark, i start getting uncomfortable and most of the time when i play these games ill do full races(ie 73 laps in F1 2010) so i need the max comfort. The chair im using is just a standard office chair.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #154
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Oh yea you gotta use what is best for you. I have the Serta "memory foam" computer chair, and it is fluffy and nice lol. Though I do find the table to be sometimes cumbersome, maybe someday I would get a better setup.

But if your getting unconformable, then you may need to find something else.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #155
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

A clarification and some tidbits:

Quote:
Sony has debunked claims that damage in Gran Turismo 5 is unlocked, telling IGN that the feature "occurs right from the beginning."

Since Polyphony's long in development driving simulator released last week there's been confusion about how damage works in Gran Turismo 5, with its implementation disappointing some while an online video has suggested than it's more extensive than is immediately apparent.

Sony has since clarified to IGN how damage works in the game. "Damage occurs to cars right from the beginning," Sony said in a statement, "it is not "unlocked."

Confusion seems to have stemmed from its differing implementation across the game's extensive garage, a point that Sony further clarified. "Standard models have minor deformation and scratches," said Sony, "Premium cars have greater visible level of damage, and Premium racing models have the highest level of damage."
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1137446p1.html

Quote:

Kazunori Yamauchi has been fielding questions from fans on Twitter over the past few hours. The tweets are in Japanese, but with a little help from Google and medhi_san, we can get a pretty good idea of what he’s talking about. Here’s the highlights:
  • Flexible camera angles and “dynamic and wide-area lighting needs” are to blame for the sometimes blocky shadows. Yamauchi admits they are a problem and wants to improve them.
  • Yamauchi appears to consider the possibility of removing the in-game HUD (heads-up-display features) at some point in the future.
  • To unlock the Red Bull X1, you’ll need to complete the “Sebastian Vettel Challenge”, which appears at Level 30.
  • Online “lounge” functionality and other features will be added “one by one”.
  • Polyphony Digital continues to work on fully supporting the Logitech G25 and G27, though Yamauchi admits he would like a “new steering device soon”…
  • Mechanical damage options will be implemented in a new update for GT5 coming “early December”.
  • As you may know, many players noticed that GT5’s face-tracking functionality only worked in Arcade mode. According to Yamauchi, it’s not available in GT mode due to memory issues with the PS3.
  • In-game rewards (such as the monetary prize in GT5 Prologue) for your performance in online events is something Polyphony Digital is considering, and may be implemented in a future update.
  • Gran Turismo 5’s official, 2-disc sound-track will be released soon.
  • Yamauchi wanted to implement a “free roam” gameplay mode in GT5, where players could drive around, respecting speed limits and obeying traffic laws, and even exit the car to walk around and explore the environment on foot.
  • The YouTube replay upload feature had to be pulled from the final version of the game because it took a very long time to render and it consumed too much memory. Yamauchi is still considering it, however.
As always, it is refreshing and exciting to see Yamauchi’s interactions with fans via Twitter. Let’s hope the medium continues to be a valuable open line into Polyphony Digital as GT5 to evolves!
http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-on-...-updates-more/

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII

Last edited by KALEL114; 11-30-2010 at 03:14 PM.
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #156
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Hmmm, I guess I have not been measuring what levels of damage I've had. But maybe I'm just wrecking more now that it's harder lol.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #157
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

I just finished up all the Beginner Series. I was having trouble finding the right car for the European Classic Car Championship and World Classic Car Series. I wanted to find one car to complete both and finally found one. I got a 1961 Jaguar E-Type and bumped it up to 350hp and lowered the weight to 1135kg. If anyone is having a problem finding the right car, just let me know and I can let you borrow it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Really love the Kart Racing.

IIII
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #158
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Well I was racing the Supercar Challenge (NŁrburgring) with a Special '62 that I pumped up to 805hp and decided to try something. I thought I would try cutting through turns 14 and 15. It will work, however, you must slow down a little or.....

Needless to say, I got the Rollover Trophy. I still managed 3rd palce and took 1st place in the next race.

IIII
Old 12-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #159
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Major update today. 1.05 features include:

・Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.
・Online Dealership
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
・Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here again the results from your online play will c*mulate within [GT Life].
・Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
・Race Information Display
[Race Information Display] is now available in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
・Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
・Personal BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
・Car Name Change
The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to “Red Bull X2010″.
・Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
[Important Note:]
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

IIII
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #160
Superhero 101
DESI

Went to best buy today and played gt5 and was really disappointed by the graphics I cOuld not believe I was playing gt5 i think prologue has better graphics really disappointed in polyphony

Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #161
Superhero 101
DESI

I am confused According to Sony GT5 sold 5.5 million units but according to VGchartz the game has sold about 4.12 million so who is right?

Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #162
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
I am confused According to Sony GT5 sold 5.5 million units but according to VGchartz the game has sold about 4.12 million so who is right?
Always go by the manufacturer over VGchartz. VGCharts estimates their numbers and they tend to underestimate Sonys. They have the PS3/360 gap as being about 4.5 million when recent reports had it closer to 3 million

Last edited by Havok83; 12-30-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #163
Superhero 101
DESI

Oh thanks for clearing that up Havok

Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #164
L.A.
Side-Kick

Just pick up GT5 for free at best buy after a price match for my PS3

L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #165
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Great price lol. Enjoy the game. I have been having a lot of fun with it. So much to do in it, so it will keep you busy for a while.

IIII
Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #166
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Gran Turismo 6 has been confirmed for a release this year for the PS3.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #167
Travesty
TEOL

Nice, can't wait to hear that it's canceled, and is now being revamped for PS4, just in time to play it in 2020.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #168
Superhero 101
DESI

My only concern is if it actually launches on time and not get delayed

Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #169
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I would hope a sequel shows serious improvement on the presentation aspect.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #170
Absolution
Newbie First Class

Man I still cant beat Daytona! I will probably forget about it when GS6 comes out luckily lol.

Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #171
Superhero 101
DESI

So gran turismo 6 reveal coming soon? Hope it's on ps3 and not ps4 unless its like gran turismo 6 prologue on ps3 and then gran turismo 6 on ps4 and maybe a gran turismo on vita with cross play functionality

Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #172
Havok83
Side-Kick

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...oliday-on-ps3/

well GT6 was officially unveiled for PS3 today. Never cared for the series but I know alot do

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #173
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I just hope this time around it is more fun.
I don't want to be forced to buy a crappy Mazda MX-5 or Yaris to finish a class.
The license system is outdated.

Less repetitive cars would be nice, do we really need 50 Nissans but only 2-3 Aston Martins, who's really going to race all them Nissans?!

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote