The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #76
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: 2 Writers in Negotiations for Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't see why Downey has to be young to play IM. I think all the physical stuff (testing the suit without the armor) is done & any real armor stuff can be done with a stunt actor. While Downey does the Stark stuff.
I am not talking about playing Iron Man... I am talking about playing Iron Man for IM2/3 and Avengers... he was signed for only four films... They aren't making a film every year... he'll be in his late 40's by IM3. That will be all for Stark... although I wouldn't rule out a cameo or two beyond all of that.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #77
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Marvel should not let Avi near ANY of these films...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #78
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Is he still at Marvel? I thought he quit.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #79
Chewy
REDACTED

He's been pushed out - he quit rather than falling any farther down the chain than he already had. He's still on in a "producer" role though, I believe, which really means nothing.

The Cap film Avi had been pushing for years before that, though, was a film that was set 1/4 in WWII and was mostly a "fish out of water story". Thank god Avi was kicked out when he was and not 3 years later, because otherwise that'd be the Cap flick we'd have.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 AM   #80
CFE
This is a job for...

Thinking about it, I do kind of like the idea of Cap's solo film both taking place fully in WWII and ending in that time...

It's sort of like a cinematic parallel to the timeline of the comics:

Cap film = 40s
Avengers film = 60s

Because when Captain America was brought back by Lee in the 60s, there was a sense of pathos that Cap wouldn't have had...had he been allowed to continue his adventures beyond WWII (excluding those 50s stories anyway).

It would make Cap's solo film his own...his own world, his own story...his own adventure. And then to have him reappear in the 'Avengers' film and hurtle him into present day that abruptly rather than tag it to the end of the solo film would bolster a sense of Legend behind Rogers.

As for more WWII adventures than the film might allow...well...that's what an animated DTV or TV series tie-in is for

One thing though...leave Stark out of "Captain America" ... I'm fully aware of his importance to the creation of the team, but not everyone's solo film needs to have RDJ tagging along...that goes for "Thor" to. What, is Tony gonna show up all of a sudden in Asgard???

-----

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
CFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #81
Rage
Valar Morghulis

I've always liked the idea of the whole film being a flashback/rememberance like Band of Brothers. You start it out with someone interviewing soldiers about Captain America and a specific mission (his final one) There should be a couple of soldiers remaining alive. They start recounting how inspirational he was and what a hero he was etc...

The voices ask one of them to start from the beginning.

And we get our first flashback of Steve's origin with his buddy's in NYC and how he wants into the army etc...

The movie can just play out from there on in. Introduce Bucky and the Red Skull etc... etc... etc...

In the end, after Cap is presumed dead we flash forward to the surviving soldiers being interviewed again talking about how he was the bravest man they had ever seen etc...It was the most selfless thing a man could do...etc..

They are all crying and visibly upset by the memory of Cap dying.

Then the voice (which is Samual Jackson's) asks the soldier if he could please come with him. They exit the room and head through this military style complex to a lab where we see Captain America laying on a table with all kinds of scientists standing around him.

We close in on the old veterans face as he visably gasps for air when he sees what he thinks is the perfeclty preserved corpse of Captain America. He begins to cry and says to the still unrevealed Samual L. Jackson that this is the man he knew as Captain America. The man asks if he can go down to the body and properly say his last respects, when we pull back to reveal Sam Jackson

Fury: Mr. Barnes, sir, that is not a corpes, this man is very much alive.

Cut to black. End credits.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #82
Rage
Valar Morghulis

That is the "Ultimates" take on it where Bucky survives to be an old man and not become Winter Soldier. If you want a more 616 version....replace Bucky with one of Steves buddy's from NYC in the first act as the surviving veteran. I think that the Bucky story line has more depth and heart though.

Rage