The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Th Frown Is it pointless to hope for a better script than the first movie?

I just recently sat down and watched Transformers again -- albeit this time with the Rifftrax audio commentary by the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys, which is totally hilarious if you haven't heard it, BTW.

Anyway, although I was entertained by the action and FX in the movie theater, I have come to realize that any scene in the movie that doesn't have actual robot battles in it is totally unwatchable. The acting, script and delivery are just that bad.

So... has there been any indication at all that we could possibly get a better script and a less lamebrained storyline in TF2, or is everyone just automatically assuming it will be more of the same? I'll take any kind of improvement at all, whether is be different writers, actors or whatever.

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Default Re: Is it pointless to hope for a better script than the first movie?

I hope, but since I know I'm never going to get a Transformers film where the most important part- the Transformers themselves- are a focus, I'm just hoping Shia and the rest of the human characters don't hog up the screen more than they did in the first.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chibi Kiriyama View Post
I hope, but since I know I'm never going to get a Transformers film where the most important part- the Transformers themselves- are a focus, I'm just hoping Shia and the rest of the human characters don't hog up the screen more than they did in the first.
ithink in 50 years when CGI will be cheaper they will be able to make a movie with robots as the focus.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #4
bunk
superhero fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard View Post
I just recently sat down and watched Transformers again -- albeit this time with the Rifftrax audio commentary by the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys, which is totally hilarious if you haven't heard it, BTW.

Anyway, although I was entertained by the action and FX in the movie theater, I have come to realize that any scene in the movie that doesn't have actual robot battles in it is totally unwatchable. The acting, script and delivery are just that bad.

So... has there been any indication at all that we could possibly get a better script and a less lamebrained storyline in TF2, or is everyone just automatically assuming it will be more of the same? I'll take any kind of improvement at all, whether is be different writers, actors or whatever.
There's no reason to think Bay will be interested in making a completely different movie from the first. Still, depending on the tone of the sequel it may not lend itself to the comedy and supporting character meandering quite as much. You'll notice The Island for instance, doesn't have the same amount of comedy as TF and has much more focus on main characters.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

The writers stated in an interview not too long ago, that they wanted TF2 to have the same vibe as TF1;in the humor department that is, so no i'm not expected any complex type story, but the same 'wham bam thank you mam' type movie we got the first time around, and thankfully Anthony Anderson is no where in sight this time around.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Tonicky
NHK Conspiracy

All I know is Shia is going to say No no no again.
The writer said something about more robots and less storylines

Tonicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
Sweetchuck
Side-Kick

I too just rewatched TF1 after not seeing it since I bought the HD-DVD a year or so ago. Shia Lebouf acts like an idiot and does his best to hog the screen when he's on it. Its hard to watch him act. And I hesitate to call it "acting" cause he really overdoes it. He for me is easily the worst part of the film. And I honestly thought that the blonde austrailian computer geek girl was just as hot as tatoo chick. I mean Megan Fox. She just wasnt wearing come-****-me clothes. If you put her in the same outfits that Megan was wearing I'd take the Australian chick over Megan "Tatoo Chick" Fox..

Sweetchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Tonicky
NHK Conspiracy

I'd rather Megan Tatoos are awesome

Old 12-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
Tonicky
NHK Conspiracy

Shia gona say No no no again because thats what he dose.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I actually thought Shia was good in the movie, he gave us a character we could relate and when it came time for him to properly act he did very IMO, particularly the Bumblebee capture scene.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Shia's non stop 'babbling' can become very annoying. You can tell he's improving alot of it.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
Tonicky
NHK Conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I actually thought Shia was good in the movie, he gave us a character we could relate and when it came time for him to properly act he did very IMO, particularly the Bumblebee capture scene.
I don't think he was bad he just says No to much.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
storyteller
Side-Kick

I respectfully disagree with all your negative points. I don't see how the non robot scenes were unwatchable. I found them believable and funny. Maybe thats just not your cup of tea. To me the acting was fine and I thought i saw normal people who get tossed into a sci fi situation. Shia also is one of the actors who can control the scene and not just seem there. But hey you cant like everyone.

Anyway, the script for the first one didnt really need to be better then it was. Sam and co were all regular people. Regular people do normal stuff and respond differently. I think the script will be better just because the Transformers are taking a more active direction in the movie(in the first we followed sam and we observed the transformers through his eyes, now the transformers have been established).

Also if by bad script you mean not complex, then what exactly would you have added to the last one.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
I respectfully disagree with all your negative points. I don't see how the non robot scenes were unwatchable. I found them believable and funny. Maybe thats just not your cup of tea. To me the acting was fine and I thought i saw normal people who get tossed into a sci fi situation. Shia also is one of the actors who can control the scene and not just seem there. But hey you cant like everyone.

Anyway, the script for the first one didnt really need to be better then it was. Sam and co were all regular people. Regular people do normal stuff and respond differently. I think the script will be better just because the Transformers are taking a more active direction in the movie(in the first we followed sam and we observed the transformers through his eyes, now the transformers have been established).

Also if by bad script you mean not complex, then what exactly would you have added to the last one.

More robot action. Less pointless backstory with inane dialog. More coherent action sequences.

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #15
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

As long as it's as fun as the first one, that's all I care about.

It's Transformers, come on...

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #16
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

With teh Bay involved don't get your hopes up.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #17
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

I honestly feel that Bay gets too much hate.

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 AM   #18
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

I think he is an awesome action director, but theres only so much cheesy music and fluttering American flags I can take.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #19
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

I liked how most of the humans (and robots for that matter) acted like they had some type of mental condition. It reminded me of Invader Zim.

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

There is an extra screen-writer this time isnt there, so maybe that will mean the script will be more coherent. Though I didnt have much of a problem with the first movies script.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
Darthkush
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard View Post

I'm assuming more of the same...unfortunately. Also, unfortunately, nobody will care and it will make more than the first one. As an Transformer fan, it's very disconcerting how comic characters get much better respect from filmmakers and they get very little. sigh.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #22
storyteller
Side-Kick

What was so incoherent about the last film?

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #23
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Shia pretty much sums up my thoughts of the script.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
dark_b
Side-Kick

i like the epic NOOOOO

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #25
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

The script wasn't THAT bad.

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote