The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #26
escobar2248
Geek

Default Re: Is it pointless to hope for a better script than the first movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard

More robot action. Less pointless backstory with inane dialog. More coherent action sequences.
I can't really see why 40 robots wouldn't = more action, carnage and robot destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Fisher

I honestly feel that Bay gets too much hate.
Especially on here. It's a bandwagon effect.

A couple users that have 5,000+ posts say that they hate something and new member feel compelled to have the same opinion because they feel it will make them "fit in" faster. Just like....high school, LOL. 90% of the clowns that are on here that bash him are the same ones that would act like girls at a Jonas Bros concert if they saw him in real life, lol.

Every film that Bay has done has been VERY entertaining, at least to me. I thought that he delivered on the first film. Especially since the guy never really even knew what a TF was a year before filming.

Last edited by escobar2248; 12-30-2008 at 05:55 PM.
escobar2248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #27
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Plus...Spielberg has always said Bay was his first choice...

so why don't anyone bash Spielberg?

LightningFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #28
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar2248 View Post
I can't really see why 40 robots wouldn't = more action, carnage and robot destruction.

Especially on here. It's a bandwagon effect.

A couple users that have 5,000+ posts say that they hate something and new member feel compelled to have the same opinion because they feel it will make them "fit in" faster. Just like....high school, LOL. 90% of the clowns that are on here that bash him are the same ones that would act like girls at a Jonas Bros concert if they saw him in real life, lol.

Every film that Bay has done has been VERY entertaining, at least to me. I thought that he delivered on the first film. Especially since the guy never really even knew what a TF was a year before filming.
You can't be serious

Sure, Bay has made some films that look pretty to the eye (until you get motion sickness), however they all lack depth. Usually the plot is paper thin, and the characters are two dimensional. Heck, he prides himself on teh explosions The reason he gets hate here from some posters is because when we, the old school fans, found out Bay was behind this film we instantly knew he would butcher what we loved about Transformers, we predicted what would happen and we were right, we got a crazy kid running around for a whole movie, a bunch of useless government babble, and an army recruiting advert. Oh yeah and a light sprinkling of robots. They should have called the movie The Humans featuring Transformers. Plus after all that Bay in his condisending way takes a stab at the fans like we are morons. Transformers isn't just about robots smashing the **** out of each other, they all had unique personalities, flaws, and dilemmas what we could relate to, it showed that we were not so different to them. People cried when Optimus Prime died in the animated movie, I can't see people crying if/when Bay decides to kill off Optimus Flame. The only positive that came from the Bay movie was brought on by the fans, and that was the decision of having Peter Cullen reprise his roll of Optimus, ugh imagine if we got someone else. My only hope for TF2 is that Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger give us more depth this time around, they are getting better at writing stories but their character development in screen plays needs much work.

I just can't do it anymore :facepalm

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #29
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post

I was constantly bashing him in the old thread, because he's been around longer and should know better. but, alas, no one wanted to hear it.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #30
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post

Because he is an executive producer aka Mr Moneybags

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 12-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #31
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

So we only bash the director because of his lacking-of drama/depth in his movies...but not the guy who chose Bay?

I need to write these rules down.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #32
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Bay is the one with creative control, if a movie is crap it's because of him, not the guy behind the desk. As shallow as his movies are they still make heaps of money and that's exactly what Spielberg wants, so really he has done the right job.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 12-31-2008, 01:22 AM   #33
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
You can't be serious

Sure, Bay has made some films that look pretty to the eye (until you get motion sickness), however they all lack depth. Usually the plot is paper thin, and the characters are two dimensional. Heck, he prides himself on teh explosions The reason he gets hate here from some posters is because when we, the old school fans, found out Bay was behind this film we instantly knew he would butcher what we loved about Transformers, we predicted what would happen and we were right, we got a crazy kid running around for a whole movie, a bunch of useless government babble, and an army recruiting advert. Oh yeah and a light sprinkling of robots. They should have called the movie The Humans featuring Transformers. Plus after all that Bay in his condisending way takes a stab at the fans like we are morons. Transformers isn't just about robots smashing the **** out of each other, they all had unique personalities, flaws, and dilemmas what we could relate to, it showed that we were not so different to them. People cried when Optimus Prime died in the animated movie, I can't see people crying if/when Bay decides to kill off Optimus Flame. The only positive that came from the Bay movie was brought on by the fans, and that was the decision of having Peter Cullen reprise his roll of Optimus, ugh imagine if we got someone else. My only hope for TF2 is that Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger give us more depth this time around, they are getting better at writing stories but their character development in screen plays needs much work.

I just can't do it anymore :facepalm
Ehren Kruger, apparently, has an encyclopedic knowledge of TF. He's also a very good writer, so I think it will be better.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #34
protocida
Side-Kick

According to USA Today, the movie will be centered in Sam and Mikaela. Sam discovers something about the Transformer's origin (Maybe when he touches the Allspark) and their story on Earth (Problably in Egypt). That knowledge makes him a target to the Decepticons, that must capture him, and not kill him, as they we're trying to do in the last movie. In order to save Sam, Optimus Prime and the Autobots unite with a special team created by the government, and formed by Lennox, Epps, Graham, among other, to attack the Decepticons and destroy them. How the Fallen get's involved in the story, no one knows.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #35
sandmjuggalos
SAM R I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Ehren Kruger, apparently, has an encyclopedic knowledge of TF. He's also a very good writer, so I think it will be better.
Let's hope and pray....

Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #36
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bay is the one with creative control, if a movie is crap it's because of him, not the guy behind the desk. As shallow as his movies are they still make heaps of money and that's exactly what Spielberg wants, so really he has done the right job.
So if the director is to blame...regarding Spider-Man 3, how come a lot of people blame Arad and not Raimi for the awful film?

Double standards or no?

Old 01-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #37
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I have no idea, that's something you need to take up with the Spider-man 3 fans I guess

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 01-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #38
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

The reason fans were pissed off at Avi Arad was because he forced Raimi to include Venom. Raimi was still the one in main control, he was the one that decided to include a cheesy jazz dance number.
I completely agree with Avangarde, Bay is a great, great action director. But I don't think he has a clue on how to realistically develope characters or he is unable to write a story that doesn't some how include those bad ass marines and what not. AWESOME!!!!

Please tell me they have got rid of that blonde girl who is strangely enough, smarter than every boffin that works for the US government. She can't act to save her life and the whole character is just stupid anyway. It's typical Bay, the woman genius has to be absolutely gorgeous.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #39
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

What's wrong with a beautiful genius? Lol. But yes, Bay took her and Anthony Anderson's character out of the sequel.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #40
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Good, I hated them in the first one.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #41
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Maybe Bay is learning?

I myself didn't mind the character; Anderson has always been funny in any film he's in, imo.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #42
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Yea Anderson wasn't so bad, but that blonde bird done my head in.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #43
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

What was funny about the blonde woman was that her accent was so thick, it sounded fake for the longest.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #44
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ That's because she was surrounded by Americans. It makes it stick out more.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #45
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Transformers are more advanced than humans.

Yet they need Shia to run around like a babbling fool in order to save the world from Megatron...

I just hope that the Transformers aren't 2nd fiddle goofballs in the sequel. They are noble (Autobots) and dastardly (Decepticons) beings who shouldn't come across as comic relief.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #46
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

Optimus wanted to take care of the Allspark himself, knowing he could not take out Megatron himself. It was Sam's idea to kill the Allspark and Megatron. Hence to keep the story of the Autobots still with Sam. Otherwise...Optimus would be dead and the rest of the Autobots would have left in different directions in the country.

I could see Bumblebee live in Paris however...

Old 01-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #47
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sure, Bay has made some films that look pretty to the eye (until you get motion sickness), however they all lack depth. Usually the plot is paper thin, and the characters are two dimensional. Heck, he prides himself on teh explosions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #48
Ratcrawler
Side-Kick

For the record, I thought Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was waaaaay worse than Transformers and blame sPielberg. As crazy as Sam Witwickey was, at least he never sword fought a fake Ukrainian psychic standing on 2 jeeps which he later vine-swung faster than and commanded an army of monkeys.

And personally, I prefer a crazy leading man over an overly-relatable, bland, boring one

Green Goblin: Yeah. He told me you're gay.

MARVEL/DC: HAPPY HOUR
Ratcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #49
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
The reason fans were pissed off at Avi Arad was because he forced Raimi to include Venom. Raimi was still the one in main control, he was the one that decided to include a cheesy jazz dance number.
I completely agree with Avangarde, Bay is a great, great action director. But I don't think he has a clue on how to realistically develope characters or he is unable to write a story that doesn't some how include those bad ass marines and what not. AWESOME!!!!

Please tell me they have got rid of that blonde girl who is strangely enough, smarter than every boffin that works for the US government. She can't act to save her life and the whole character is just stupid anyway. It's typical Bay, the woman genius has to be absolutely gorgeous.
Aha

Bay didn't write Transformers the movie, nor did he write any of his films
ppl need to start realizing this...

especially the people that critique his story elements and lack of thought provoking scripts...

no one says the same thing about the Farley Bros and their comedies(i assume it's them that made something about mary and etc), but when it comes to this man that has made about 6 huge summer action movies and succeeded )and not failed at something like Benjamin Button or American beauty).., he gets called a failure...tsk tsk

success is defined by what your goals are...

funny enough the retort being bay succeeds at making bad movies hawr hawr

that being said

apart from the island, just about all of bay's movies have been more successful then say Superman returns...which failed at being a relevant, engaging superman film...
Transformers on the on the other hand...

lets just say my 10 year old brother loved the show, and he really loved the bay movie.

my 30year old aunt finds the show childish and pointless...and guess what?
she feels the about the movie.

success is defined by what you are trying to do...

I would have loved for it to be Terminator 2, but it didn't need to be.
(terminator 3 did tho)

-end

on a side note

it would be so effin easy to finally stick it to all his naysayers by just "picking" a strong substance driven script(and if he can't i'm sure he has people around him who can...me for one) and just do what most these overrated minimalist filmmakers do and put the camera down on the tripod in front of the table and let the strong actors read the script...
I love that people think he can't do that...yet praise singer for it time and time again...then when it came time for singer to apply some sort of visual direction to a film(u know step out from behind a good story and actually earn his keep as a director, visual translator to the audience) he just delivered the same tired old singeresque experience minus the good script...Superman returns 30years too late..

one day soon bay will stop wanting to make oodles of money, he won't care about being a cultural icon in the action genre(for better or worse), and he'll make a "good" movie
one day soon, just to prove he can.

peace.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #50
LightningFlash
Side-Kick

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Sorry, I just watched that one Oreo commercial with the Mannings.