|12-20-2008, 08:14 PM||#1|
Founding Partner, SCDP
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 783 Park Ave, Apt. 17B, New York, NY
Your Anticipated Shows for 2009
Check the link to see when your favourite shows are returning and read about new midseason shows.
The Futon Critic's List of Shows
01) AMC's Mad Men: Season Three
- 1963? 1964? It doesn't matter what year the season spans, as long as Matthew Wiener is back the best drama on television should keep it's title. Keep an eye on AMC. Mad Men was just the begnining; FX's pilot scripts aren't appealing at all, while AMC seems to be attracting the best.
02) FX's Damages: Season Two
- They're keeping the same format of switching between two time periods which ratchets up the speculation. Ellen is working undercover for the FBI going after Patty Hewes, while using Hewes & (Shayes) Associates resources to find out who killed her fiancee. William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden join the show to make this one of the superior casts of the decade. Ted Danson is still hanging around and so is Ray Fiske....
03) Fox's 24: Season Seven
- Jack spent 20 months in China and we've been waiting 20 month between seasons. Redemption was a nice taste making you want the season to take place in Sangala. CTU is closed, there is a female president, Tony is back from the dead and a domestic terrorist, Jon Voight is the villain but sadly isn't biting anyone on the arm. They planned out the entire season and the writer's strike gave them extra time to fine tune things. This will either redeem 24 or kill it.
04) FX's It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Season Four
- It hasn't aired in Canada yet, hoping it starts in January.
05) AMC's Breaking Bad: Season Two
- Bryan Cranston won the Emmy asand FX must be kicking themselves for passing on this just like HBO did for passing on Mad Men.
06) AMC's The Prisoner: Mini-Series
- Ian McKellan as Number Two and Jim Caviezel as Number Six in a motion picture like production for the The Prisoner for the 21st century. Shot in Africa to help give it a distinct look of nothing that is seen on television.
07) Fox's Sit Down, Shut Up: Season One
- Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Henry Winkler together again. The characters may look poorly drawn but there should be plenty of laughs so it doesn't matter. South Park is ugly as well and ten time funnier than anything on Fox.
08) Fox's Boldy Going Nowhere: Season One
- The Always Sunny Gang writing what goes on a spaceship between missions. Tony Hale plays the android who feels superior to the crew. It would've been probably better on FX (and not risk being canceled on Fox) but I can't wait for the spring to see this.
09) Untitled Amy Poehler Project: Season One
- First it was The Office spinoff. Then it wasn't. Then they cast Rashida Jones after (Poehler and Aziz Ansari). With very little details it may show up in the spring or fall. If NBC is still around in the fall.
10) Rescue Me: Season Five
- After another death early in season four it seemed like this show was done (and then they killed another longtime character in the season finale...) They claim this is there best work and 9/11 will once again be brought into the series.
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season Seven
- Production is underway and will probably be back in the fall. Should be pretty, pretty, pretty, good with the arc following Larry work on a movie with Woody Allen. Inspired by Larry working with Woody Allen. Leon needs to be back though.
The Unusuals: Season One
- Rescue Me meets NYPD with Amber Tamblyn. Might be enough for me to actually watch a show on ABC that isn't called Scrubs.
Scrubs: Season Eight
- The preview on ABC's site made the show seem like it has new life. Plus there will be two episodes every Tuesday. I just hope it ends and doesn't become another That 70's Show when some of the original cast leaves and the show continues on.
East Bound & Down: Season One
- Another Will Ferrell sports project. Adam McKay and Ferrell are just executive producers while Danny McBride is a former MLB pitcher who goes back to his old high school to teach gym after his career crashed. Andrew Daly also stars.
South Park: Season Thirteen
- Unlucky 13? The world still needs a show that goes after everyone and can be made in less than 48 hours. And Cartman. And Butters. And Randy Marsh.
MAD MEN SEASON 6
2 HOUR PREMIERE - APRIL 7
"Are you alone?"