The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #276
marcvader
Lurker #1

Default Re: THOR (July 16, 2010)

Oh, I hate it as well. I'm old school but I guess I'm of the "If you can't beat them join them" school of thought. It get's used so much around here that I've started to use it too.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #277
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I'm probably one of the most guilty offenders, being that I'm an old-school Captain Britain/Excalibur fan.

Sorry.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #278
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1 View Post
^What he said^

Thor will destroy a generic Nolan sci-fi flick. Even if it's a good film (I'm thinking Serenity meets The Prestige) it still won't draw in general audiences. The Prestige was an October release but the Nolan/Bale/Jackman draw didn't generate any box office. TDK has NO effect here, unless Heath Ledger is resurrected to star in the sc-fi flick.
But TDK made 1 billion so if they will use "from the director of The Dark Knight"... A lot of people will know who made that sci-fi flick.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #279
Evil Twin
Side-Kick

It could also mean that WB is very skeptical about Marvel meeting their announced dates and is positioning themselves to take advantage of any delays.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #280
BlackLantern
Banned User

Marvel Studios (as an entity) is just getting their legs under them....Im not being a naysayer I just don't think the date they've announced is going to stick

Old 02-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #281
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
It could also mean that WB is very skeptical about Marvel meeting their announced dates and is positioning themselves to take advantage of any delays.
That's not the first time I've read that same thought and I have to ask - in what way is WB in any position to judge if Marvel will make the date (they aren't following Marvel's internal developments), and is not Thor further along than Inception? Branagh was hired 5 months ago and spent those five months fine tuning the story/script and is now casting the lead, whereas WB just purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago, if that.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #282
Evil Twin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewySpider View Post
That's not the first time I've read that same thought and I have to ask - in what way is WB in any position to judge if Marvel will make the date (they aren't following Marvel's internal developments), and is not Thor further along than Inception? Branagh was hired 5 months ago and spent those five months fine tuning the story/script and is now casting the lead, whereas WB just purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago, if that.
WB publicly announced that they purchased Inception's script a couple of weeks ago. It's perfectly feasible that they've had the script for months. It's also perfectly feasible that it's going to be an idea driven science fiction movie rather than a special effects-fest and the timeframe they've set up is more than feasible. It's not like WB has no experience making pictures, They've made thousands, Marvel's made two.

Also, Hollywood is a company town. I'm pretty sure every studio knows what everyone else is doing, which actors are talking to whom, which special effects companies are tied up, what the financing situation is looking like, etc.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #283
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1 View Post
Thor will destroy a generic Nolan sci-fi flick. Even if it's a good film (I'm thinking Serenity meets The Prestige) it still won't draw in general audiences. The Prestige was an October release but the Nolan/Bale/Jackman draw didn't generate any box office. TDK has NO effect here, unless Heath Ledger is resurrected to star in the sc-fi flick.
I don't really care about which film will "win" out of Thor and Inception. I'm not of that Marvel VS DC/WB mentality. The way I see it, it just means July 16th will be one hell of a day for movies, and I can't wait to do a double-bill.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #284
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Indeed, and that's the way it should be, imo.

Why draw lines in the sand? Just enjoy all of these movies, regardless of what comic company they come from.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #285
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Indeed, and that's the way it should be, imo.

Why draw lines in the sand? Just enjoy all of these movies, regardless of what comic company they come from.
I don't get it either

Old 02-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #286
marcvader
Lurker #1

"Can't we all just get along?" Rodney King

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #287
Marz69
Side-Kick

I think WB is playing "chicken". I think they've been watching the goings on with Thor. They're concerned about the possible sucess of Thor and what that means for The Avengers and any others such as Cap, Ant man etc. But now with this casting call for a young Thor , WB sees a crack. If Marvel holds their ground, I can see WB moving their date.

Either way, I'm seeing Thor when it comes out.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #288
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That's just YJ1's schtick much like Advanced Dark/Blades Shades. They are very territorial about the Marvel based flicks.

- CM Punk
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #289
BlackLantern
Banned User

Will one of them pee on something.....since we're talking about territory?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #290
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz69 View Post
I think WB is playing "chicken". I think they've been watching the goings on with Thor. They're concerned about the possible sucess of Thor and what that means for The Avengers and any others such as Cap, Ant man etc. But now with this casting call for a young Thor , WB sees a crack. If Marvel holds their ground, I can see WB moving their date.

Either way, I'm seeing Thor when it comes out.
Agreed! Plus when it comes to superheroes, WB is Marvel's biggest competition. I think depending on the buzz of Thor, you will see if WB stays or moves. I honestly don't think Thor will be released on its planned date. Heck, they don't even have any actors at all..........though I'm still waiting on some guy named Skarsgard to get the nod.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 02-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #291
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

is there a patriotic spin to the Thor story? maybe it can be pushed up to july 4th weekend

but seriously.. since marvel films controls this, they can adjust timing as needed, especially if the production doesn't ramp up like planned, or other delays..

i'm hoping Sif is a babe..

Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #292
BlackLantern
Banned User

I knew this would get pushed

Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #293
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=320961

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Closed Thread