The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #26
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Default Re: THOR (July 16, 2010)

Kenneth Branagh for Fandrall the Dashing.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #27
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Branagh for Fandrall.
Possibly, but only after a strict dietry regimen, one would assume.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Ah! That blonde fellow who's like, "Thor! I'm like your main dude!" (Cloverfield joke)

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #29
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERBENITEZ View Post
Or he could go the other way and put on the pounds to play Volstagg.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #30
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

No seriously, I don't know who they are... pics or they don't exist!

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #31
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Try Google images.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Or he could go the other way and put on the pounds to play Volstagg.
Not a bad deal; basically eat as much as you like because it's 'for a role'.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
Hooded Justice
Banned User

Seriously, whoever picked Kenneth Branagh for this learned no lessons from Hulk. Probably didn't even see it.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #34
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

You object to picking talented directors with experience in filming Medieval-style action?

Oh, and Brian Blessed for Odin.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #35
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
That idea's a slice of fried gold.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #36
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I agree. All these people saying Branagh should play Loki or Blake. I don't know if they have watched anything Branagh has been in since the 90s but his a 48 year old slightly chubby man. The guy is too old and too out of shape for those roles.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #37
Chewy
REDACTED

This article says JMS isn't doing the current rewrite. The article from AICN about a month and a half ago said he had already turned his rewrite in. I don't see where there is any contradiction

Old 01-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #38
Chewy
REDACTED

Also, if the script is still anything like Protosevich's draft, Branagh should play Eiric.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #39
Hooded Justice
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
You object to picking talented directors with experience in filming Medieval-style action?

That was for Shakespeare. Ang Lee tried to turn Stan Lee into Shakespeare, and it didn't work. I fear the same will happen with Thor.

And I can't take Brian Blessed seriously. He makes me laugh every time I even think about him.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #40
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

How about Adrian Brody for Loki?
I know he does mostly serious film but Iron Man and TDK showed us that superhero fimls can be serious. He might have to bulk up a bit but I always saw Loki as this thin seemingly weak looking character who actually wields unspeakable power

Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #41
[A]
Banned User

Quote:
I actually like the Ultimates (vols 1 and 2 only though);

The problem for me is when people see that approach as the only way to go cinematically - ignoring all the years of 616 canon.
Suddenly I'm not all that alone in the Hype

Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #42
Chewy
REDACTED

Ultimates I & II were great. Except when Hulk talked about being horny, the Pyms beat each other with toasters, and Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch felt each other up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
That was for Shakespeare. Ang Lee tried to turn Stan Lee into Shakespeare, and it didn't work. I fear the same will happen with Thor.
I can't see anything Shakespearean about AngHulk

Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #43
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
This makes me so angry every time I read something like this:

There was nothing "Shakespearean" or "psychological" or "deep" about Ang Lee's abortion of a "Hulk" movie. It was nonsensical, aimless, souless, clueless, dull, randomly campy, and all around garbage. Oh, and on top of that, it had ZERO respect for the source material.

Please don't compare Marvel Studio/Kenneth Branagh's Thor (which has not even been made yet) to that awful waste of celluloid that was Ang Lee's Hulk. Marvel Studios has yet to make a bad film involving one of their characters; and Branagh is about as good a choice for the Thor character as I can think of.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #44
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewySpider View Post

1) Ultimates I & II were great. Except when Hulk talked about being horny, the Pyms beat each other with toasters, and Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch felt each other up

2) I can't see anything Shakespearean about AngHulk
1) I agree that Ultimates I & II were excellent. I actually will eat my words that Mark Millar is a total hack. (Although there was some "hacky" material in Ultimates, but I digress.)

I also agree about not being a big fan of the Pym domestic violence angle or the whole Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch storyline. I also didn't like some of the sillier "extreme" (read "hacky") angles that Millar threw in for pure shock value. Examples: Iron Man having a brain tumor, Thor being such an extreme peacenik, every character being a pill-popper, drug user of some variety.

I disagree with you about your dislike of The Hulk's "horniness". This is one of the few Millar "extreme" angles that I did like. I also like that he made The Hulk a cannibal. It just really highlights the "Id" nature of the character and really emphasizes the importance of containing him, and makes it very difficult for the team to recruit him for their missions.

2) I agree completely with you about Ang, if you read my prior post!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #45
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I disagree with you about your dislike of The Hulk's "horniness". This is one of the few Millar "extreme" angles that I did like. I also like that he made The Hulk a cannibal. It just really highlights the "Id" nature of the character and really emphasizes the importance of containing him, and makes it very difficult for the team to recruit him for their missions.
While it worked within the context of the story, it made Hulk into more of a plot device than an actual character.
Quote:
There was nothing "Shakespearean" or "psychological" or "deep" about Ang Lee's abortion of a "Hulk" movie. It was nonsensical, aimless, souless, clueless, dull, randomly campy, and all around garbage. Oh, and on top of that, it had ZERO respect for the source material.

Please don't compare Marvel Studio/Kenneth Branagh's Thor (which has not even been made yet) to that awful waste of celluloid that was Ang Lee's Hulk. Marvel Studios has yet to make a bad film involving one of their characters; and Branagh is about as good a choice for the Thor character as I can think of.
That's some serious hate you've got for AngHulk. I agree with all of it, but it also had a few somewhat redeeming aspects - namely Connelly & Elliot. Somehow Elliott has ended up in two of the worst Marvel flicks. Even guys like Donal Logue are 50/50.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #46
[A]
Banned User

oops sorry--delete

Old 01-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #47
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

You're kidding right? It was more faithful than the latest one, at least were the origin and jumps were concerned.

Anyway, anyone else think they need to get the ball rolling on Thor and QUICK? It is a movie that will need a lot of effects shots and they dont want to be in TIH situation again were the trailer comes out only a few months before the movie.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #48
[A]
Banned User

^ that's what I said. They should be about to start shooting already

Old 01-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #49
WillardNation
Nibiru Warrior

Quote:

Amen to that!

Quote:
I actually like the Ultimates (vols 1 and 2 only though);

The problem for me is when people see that approach as the only way to go cinematically - ignoring all the years of 616 canon.
And that!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #50
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Dooooooood, Ang Lee's Hulk should have been hella more Xtremez.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think Thor should end with a newly Thor-ed up Don Blake about to run into battle against invading Stone Men. Also, it should be called "The Mighy Thor," verily!

Last edited by Obi-Ron; 01-04-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Closed Thread