The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #51
[A]
Banned User

Default Re: THOR (July 16, 2010)

What you people think about the way it should be shot..? Should it look a bit different (tint, camera lenses, whatever)?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #52
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

It's going to be great seeing how this film ties into the Avengers.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #53
[A]
Banned User

It's gonna be a fun 2-3 year period, indeed

Old 01-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #54
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekhyron View Post
What you people think about the way it should be shot..? Should it look a bit different (tint, camera lenses, whatever)?
I like the approach they used in Beowulf;

A golden tint to create warm lighting and hues for the fire-lit interiors (also possibly to give a air of magic to Asgard by giving the surroundings and everyone in them a 'golden glow'):-

And cold, stark lighting for the exteriors:-

Of course, and I'm thinking about certain shots in the Lord of the Rings movies here, I'd dearly love to see a range of shots of massive, snow covered mountains, like the examples below in the movie:-

Imagine if that was Thor standing there on the cliff above^^^^^.

Also, I would geekasm at a shot that looked like this:-

Of course, with Branagh at the helm, you know this movie's cinematography is gonna be gorgeous.

All in all, I'd say basically, I'm hoping for a mix of LOTR, The 13th Warrior and Beowulf.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #55
[A]
Banned User

^ That's a good reply

..haven't seen Beowulf yet, though

Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #56
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Thanks; I always think it's nice to have visuals.

Anyways, Beaowulf - I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #57
[A]
Banned User

I will check it out when I get back to my bunker.

Anyway, just thought of something: when are Thor, Cap and the rest of the gang getting their own private Idaho, I mean, sub-forums..?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #58
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

No idea; we've just been discussing that here:-

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...282612&page=59

Old 01-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #59
[A]
Banned User

They deserve their own place

I mean.. Dragonball and GI Joe got their own places

Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #60
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Anyway, anyone else think they need to get the ball rolling on Thor and QUICK? It is a movie that will need a lot of effects shots and they dont want to be in TIH situation again were the trailer comes out only a few months before the movie.
I agree, but a lot can be done in 15 months. The most important part of a fantasy film like this (after creating the perfect script which thankfully they have) is getting the look and feel right. That's what they are spending their time doing right now. If this film looks and feels epic and majestic (LOTR/Beowulf/300) then it will be a HUGE draw.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #61
broblacksteel
Side-Kick

as of right now thor is scheduled to begin in may/june (IM2 starts around march).... thor should finish around sept/oct. Keep in mind spfx can/will be done while the shoot is going on (a super bowl trailer is a must!!).

Whoever is cast as thor should have 3-4mths to bulk up..... those pics from SB are exactly what i think thor will look like, epic, grand, etc.

If marvel is gonna rule the next 2-3 yrs (IM2, THOR, CAP, AVENGERS) where the hell will D.C. fit in? (G.L. is the only one in pre-prod...) We wont see another Bat/Sup til 2011/12...

Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #62
[A]
Banned User

3-4 months to bulk up..? I don't know--even the guys from 300 had like 6 months..

Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #63
broblacksteel
Side-Kick

that's an exaggeration, the guys from 300 had 3mths and kept lifting during the shoot (2-3mths) Thor will continue to lift and train during the shoot i'm sure.... i wonder if kenneth/marvel will want a triple hhh thor shape or a slightly bigger gerard butler/300 shaped thor...

Old 01-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #64
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Damn, next year. I'm starting to think that it's not gonna happen by next year.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #65
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broblacksteel View Post
that's an exaggeration, the guys from 300 had 3mths and kept lifting during the shoot (2-3mths) Thor will continue to lift and train during the shoot i'm sure.... i wonder if kenneth/marvel will want a triple hhh thor shape or a slightly bigger gerard butler/300 shaped thor...
Well, he's not gonna get a HHH Thor shape unless he casts a wrestler, body-builder or invent a time machine that enables an actual actor to go back 2 years and start hammering the weights.

The best he can hope for is a beefed up actor; Although, everyone keeps talking about the shape of Butler in 300, but it could be said that he was bigger than average to begin with (at least, he was in Tomb Raider 2) - I'm wondering how much time it took for an more averagely built guy like James Spader to get in the shape he was in for 'Supernova'?

How long did it take Gyllenhaal to get in shape for PoP?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #66
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERBENITEZ View Post
I like the approach they used in Beowulf;

A golden tint to create warm lighting and hues for the fire-lit interiors (also possibly to give a air of magic to Asgard by giving the surroundings and everyone in them a 'golden glow'):-

And cold, stark lighting for the exteriors:-

Of course, and I'm thinking about certain shots in the Lord of the Rings movies here, I'd dearly love to see a range of shots of massive, snow covered mountains, like the examples below in the movie:-

Imagine if that was Thor standing there on the cliff above^^^^^.

Also, I would geekasm at a shot that looked like this:-

Of course, with Branagh at the helm, you know this movie's cinematography is gonna be gorgeous.

All in all, I'd say basically, I'm hoping for a mix of LOTR, The 13th Warrior and Beowulf.
That type of stuff is the shots and cinematography they do need in a Thor movie I agree, it needs to look epic and like a place were gods reside. These pics are perfect, as are Beowulf and LOTR and even Narnia for references.

Quote:
Thanks; I always think it's nice to have visuals.

Anyways, Beaowulf - I wholeheartedly recommend it.
I love Beowulf, think its an awesome epic fantasy movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I agree, but a lot can be done in 15 months. The most important part of a fantasy film like this (after creating the perfect script which thankfully they have) is getting the look and feel right. That's what they are spending their time doing right now. If this film looks and feels epic and majestic (LOTR/Beowulf/300) then it will be a HUGE draw.
I know what you mean, but the fact that the marketing for Hulk started to late for the movie to make much money is something that you'd Marvel have learned from, especially when it hit them were it hurt most, in the pocket.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #67
[A]
Banned User

off-topic but.. who's that in your avvy, SB? I remember watching -and loving - that show as a kid

Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #68
Marz69
Side-Kick

Quote:
Love the visuals. I want lots of SNOW. And some giants too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broblacksteel View Post
4 months for Butler, not 3.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #69
Marz69
Side-Kick

Quote:
A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.
I wanted Blake only for the lesson, although preferring Thor to remember so that his emotional transformation is learned by a dramatic change in lifestyle as opposed to not by being someone else & not remembering.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Since the original script has Thor learning the lesson by being made mortal during his time, then Blake would seem to be a persona (like Kent). Because Thor will not need to learn humility 2X (via the mortal Thor & Blake). It's redundant. So maybe it's a name he uses as he hides himself as in Highlander.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #70
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, he's not gonna get a HHH Thor shape unless he casts a wrestler, body-builder or invent a time machine that enables an actual actor to go back 2 years and start hammering the weights.

The best he can hope for is a beefed up actor; Although, everyone keeps talking about the shape of Butler in 300, but it could be said that he was bigger than average to begin with (at least, he was in Tomb Raider 2) - I'm wondering how much time it took for an more averagely built guy like James Spader to get in the shape he was in for 'Supernova'?

How long did it take Gyllenhaal to get in shape for PoP?

Skarsgaurd is cetainly bigger then Average and easily fits the bill.

He looks the part and is an actor with decent chops from what I have seen. Look man if a guy like Robert Downey can get ripped for Iron Man, then you should beleive that given time the right actor can embody Thor, and it doesn't have to be the Daniel Cudmore type.

There are actors out there that have that frame that are not wrestlers, do some keep in shape sure they do.

Matt Daemon looks pretty dangerous in the Borne series, and pretty meager in say Oceans, Brad Pit and Norton were evil looking and dangerous ripped don't mess with me in movies like Fight Club, and American History X respectivly.... but rather meager looking in other roles.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #71
Hooded Justice
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewySpider View Post
Ultimates I & II were great. Except when Hulk talked about being horny, the Pyms beat each other with toasters, and Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch felt each other up

I can't see anything Shakespearean about AngHulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
This makes me so angry every time I read something like this:

There was nothing "Shakespearean" or "psychological" or "deep" about Ang Lee's abortion of a "Hulk" movie. It was nonsensical, aimless, souless, clueless, dull, randomly campy, and all around garbage. Oh, and on top of that, it had ZERO respect for the source material.

Please don't compare Marvel Studio/Kenneth Branagh's Thor (which has not even been made yet) to that awful waste of celluloid that was Ang Lee's Hulk. Marvel Studios has yet to make a bad film involving one of their characters; and Branagh is about as good a choice for the Thor character as I can think of.
In your opinion, there was nothing Shakespearean, or psychological, or deep about Ang Lee's Hulk. In my opinion, it was filled with Shakespearean psychological complexity and depth, and that's why I hated it. I wanted to enjoy it, not study it.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #72
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Well, in my opinion, Ang Lee's Hulk suffered from a lack of editing- or bad choices in dialogue, choose your poison- and a curious need to explain the Hulk's origins repeatedly and in various formats throughout the entire film. But this can be discussed another time, perhaps...

Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #73
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Holy **** SB... you have me geeking out over Thor just by your description of how the film should be depicted. Kick-ass... and the avy too. Well done sir...

Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #74
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

oops... wrong forum...

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #75
Still A ThorFan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
No.

Well, i think Branagh can play Loki.

I hope you're joking. Look at KB and look at Loki? How could he possibly pull off the part in his current age and physical condition? In the script Loki is described as darkly handsome so that rules him out, and people please stop with this "Oh, he might play Thor. He might be Odin." He is not. It says "small speaking role." And I don't think Marvel would let him do that anyway, so use your brains.

Thor: As strong as thee monster? NAY! I BE STRONGER!
Closed Thread