The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #26
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: Official: United Football League

Also, Vick can't play in the league until the Falcons release him. They still have his contractual rights. I do like the concept that they have in that players in the UFL can sign NFL contracts on December 1st if they so desire. Injuries happen all of the time during the season.

They plan on expanding next year. Los Angeles and Hartford are likely.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Yeah I know about Vick but if no NFL team touches him (which still might happen talent rules the nfl) then they will cut him and that's most likely where he will go.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

RAMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #28
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMORE View Post
Yeah I know about Vick but if no NFL team touches him (which still might happen talent rules the nfl) then they will cut him and that's most likely where he will go.
He would probably do well in the UFL. It could be where he serves put his NFL suspension.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #29
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Do you really think they will suspend him he's done his time IMO.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 03-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #30
BlackLantern
Banned User

The commish has to decide if he can play in the NFL.....if I had my way....lifetime ban....playing in the NFL is a privelige, not a right

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #31
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

People kill people and are still playing you can't be serious. Vicks agent hopes to have him in the NFL by August or September

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #32
StorminNorman
Banned User

Exactly. If the Commish prevents Vick from playing football for this, he and his entire League should be outed for hypocrisy. If Leonard Little can play football, Michael Vick should.

StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #33
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman Returns View Post
Exactly. If the Commish prevents Vick from playing football for this, he and his entire League should be outed for hypocrisy. If Leonard Little can play football, Michael Vick should.
a lot of these issues people keep bringing up happened before Goodell became Commissioner.....playing in the NFL is a privelige.....they can choose to have you work for them or not....

Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #34
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
a lot of these issues people keep bringing up happened before Goodell became Commissioner.....playing in the NFL is a privelige.....they can choose to have you work for them or not....
And what I am saying is that if Goodell rules Vick ineligible, then the league rules should be altered so that ANY player engaged in a felony is out of the league. I don't think you can place dog killing as more hideous than DUI, manslaughter or rape. It's all or nothing.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #35
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
And what I am saying is that if Goodell rules Vick ineligible, then the league rules should be altered so that ANY player engaged in a felony is out of the league. I don't think you can place dog killing as more hideous than DUI, manslaughter or rape. It's all or nothing.
I'd agree....but do you grandfather that and just kick everyone out or do you go from Vick forward?....you can't have both

Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #36
StorminNorman
Banned User

I think you would have to make such a stance at the start of your tenure. I don't think you can choose to start with Vick because he is the most recognizable.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #37
BlackLantern
Banned User

didn't he start with Pacman Jones?? lol

Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #38
StorminNorman
Banned User

Pac Man played last year, did he not?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #39
BlackLantern
Banned User

on a very tight leash, and still managed to get suspended....again....is anyone going to bother signing him this off season?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #40
StorminNorman
Banned User

No. I think Vick should be given similar treatment. If Vick should be on probation for his entire career. One more off the field slip up and he gone. I think the NFL should give him a second chance...or at least let allow for a team to give him one.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
No. I think Vick should be given similar treatment. If Vick should be on probation for his entire career. One more off the field slip up and he gone. I think the NFL should give him a second chance...or at least let allow for a team to give him one.
I'd agree....he should have a very small margin for error....I think the NFL is waiting for all the legal issues to be resolved before making any kind of statement or decision

Old 04-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #42
StorminNorman
Banned User

So I went to a Semi Pro Football work out today...

The Emerald Coast Blazin Buffaloes!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #43
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

To try out or just watch?

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #44
StorminNorman
Banned User

To work out.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #45
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Cool. What did you play in High school?

UFL NEWS from UFL Access:

Major United Football League Meeting Upcoming, New Owners to be Unveiled

Coach Jim Haslett will continue the UFL Media Tour in the next two weeks with a series of media appearances in Orlando, and we can expect to see new UFL investors unveiled in the coming weeks as well. The news broke on the UFL-football.com site tonight, capping a major week for the UFL in which they showed significant progress towards kicking off this October.

We had heard rumblings about a major UFL meeting upcoming but wanted to keep it under wraps until the public announcement. Just tonight the UFL site posted a new Commissioner Blog which unveiled the news:

Next week, we are holding our first League-wide Executive Meetings in Orlando, which will also include a Board Meeting and Competition Committee Meeting. Our coaches, coordinators and several of the League’s owners, including some new additions, will be in attendance. (Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement introducing the newest UFL owners.) Following our meetings, we will recap the events on our website so that we continue to keep the fans up-to-date on the latest UFL news.
Per the commissioner we can also expect a newly relaunched official website with a series of interactive features and more content to be unveiled in the next few weeks, which is also great to see for fans of the league. As always UFLAccess.com will be there with all of the news and coverage you have come to expect. We hope to speak to league employees for on the record pieces following the Orlando meetings.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #46
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMORE View Post
Cool. What did you play in High school?
Tackle, though I am hoping to move out to TE here.

Quote:
UFL NEWS from UFL Access:

Major United Football League Meeting Upcoming, New Owners to be Unveiled

Coach Jim Haslett will continue the UFL Media Tour in the next two weeks with a series of media appearances in Orlando, and we can expect to see new UFL investors unveiled in the coming weeks as well. The news broke on the UFL-football.com site tonight, capping a major week for the UFL in which they showed significant progress towards kicking off this October.

We had heard rumblings about a major UFL meeting upcoming but wanted to keep it under wraps until the public announcement. Just tonight the UFL site posted a new Commissioner Blog which unveiled the news:

Next week, we are holding our first League-wide Executive Meetings in Orlando, which will also include a Board Meeting and Competition Committee Meeting. Our coaches, coordinators and several of the League’s owners, including some new additions, will be in attendance. (Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement introducing the newest UFL owners.) Following our meetings, we will recap the events on our website so that we continue to keep the fans up-to-date on the latest UFL news.
Per the commissioner we can also expect a newly relaunched official website with a series of interactive features and more content to be unveiled in the next few weeks, which is also great to see for fans of the league. As always UFLAccess.com will be there with all of the news and coverage you have come to expect. We hope to speak to league employees for on the record pieces following the Orlando meetings.
Sounds good.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #47
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

They attended a Freeagent combine recently too. You should try out for the Orlando team Norman on their website they are taking inquiries.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #48
kotc

I really don't see it lasting.....Not because of the NFL, which is increasingly getting soft, but college football is just way too popular.....They'd have to allow fighting (like hockey) IMO to gain even a decent share of an already saturated market.....But if they did they probably would lose endorsements and the TV deal......

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #49
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Jim Haslett the coach for the Orlando team was on the radio this morning saying Vick should come here because he felt like Orlando and the UFL would help him reestablish himself and not judge...I agree

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #50
StorminNorman
Banned User

I would buy Season Tickets to a Haslett coached, Vick lead Orlando team.