The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Default Re: Clive Barker

Thanks for posting that. I hope we hear something soon about how he's doing.

tzarinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #52
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by :eek: View Post
Clive's 22 January comment on his health:
Dear Friends, I've had some medical issues that have recently forced me away from my beloved desk and into the hospital... But do not worry... I will be home soon and back to causing trouble! My apologies for being off the radar!
All of my love,
Clive XOXO
Hope he gets better.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #53
Patty
this is an OUTRAGE!

Clive Barker's "Cabal" was one of the reasons my sons first name is Midian.

Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty View Post
Clive Barker's "Cabal" was one of the reasons my sons first name is Midian.
That's very cool. Have you been able to meet Clive to tell him?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #55
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Clive's twitter

From Twitter: "My friends, Clive here. I'm at home now after a while in hospital, thanks to a nearly fatal case of Toxic Shock brought on by a visit to my dentist. Apparently this is not uncommon. In my case the dental work unloaded such a sp...illage of poisonous bacteria into my blood that my whole system crashed, putting me into a coma. I spent several days in Intensive Care, with a machine breathing for me. Later, my Doctors said that they had not anticipated a happy ending until I started to fight, repeatedly pulling out the tubes that I was constantly gagging on. After a few days of nightmarish delusions I woke up to my life again, tired, twenty pounds lighter but happy to be back from a very dark place. And here in the world I intend to stay. I've books to write, films to make and paintings to paint. I seem to have come home with my sight clearer somehow, and my sense of purpose intensified. Thank you all for your messages your prayers and love. What better reason to wake to life than knowing I have such friends? Again, thank you. My love to you always. Clive."
02/07

"Dearest friends,the incredible wave of love and empathy which so many of you sent my way through the Twitter tree are a huge source of strength and right now. I have no words to adequately thank you. I gain strength from all your kindness.And from the sense that you're there, ready for the stories I still have to tell and the paintings I still have to paint. Again,thank you. My love to you all. Clive" 02/08

Old 02-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #56
HellBound

The hellbound heart is a great book.

HellBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #57
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBound View Post
The hellbound heart is a great book.

If you're just now getting into Barker, you should read The Damnation Game next. Just a recommendation.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #58
BlakeK80

I just recently played Jericho for the Xbox360. It was trashed in the Media but i thought it was a decent horror/shooter game

BlakeK80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #59
Figs
Banned User

I hope Barker does a book signing tour someday again. Not only do I want to meet him but I have something he might want. I came across a copy of Everville, but it's an uncorrected proof with a note written inside by Timothy Leary.

I was thinking of selling it, but I have no idea how much to sell it for.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #60
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Contact him on Twitter, he's very receptive. https://twitter.com/#!/RealCliveBarker
Or Phil and Sarah on either twitter or facebook or http://www.clivebarker.info/. That's a pretty cool find. Where did you get it?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #61
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzarinna View Post
Contact him on Twitter, he's very receptive. https://twitter.com/#!/RealCliveBarker
Or Phil and Sarah on either twitter or facebook or http://www.clivebarker.info/. That's a pretty cool find. Where did you get it?

I got it from a friend who wouldn't tell me where she got it. Thanks for the links.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #62
:eek:
Side-Kick

First interview with Clive after the accident in January:

http://www.clivebarker.info/intsrevel29.html

:eek: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #63
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Ugh, I don't want to read the whole thing, it freaks me out.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #64
Figs
Banned User

Anyone else read his third book in the Abarat series?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #65
tzarinna
С новым годом!

There's screenings of the Cabal Cut listed on http://www.occupymidian.com/, you can also request a screening in your area: per Facebook Ryan- If you want a screening in your town, have the event coordinator or Theater owner contact Russell Cherrington. Look at the events section or www.occupymidian.com to see when and where there are current screenings, and keep in mind that Russell has to fly to every screening personally.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #66
tzarinna
С новым годом!

On facebook-

Clive Barker: Revelations
Delighted to be able to share the full wraparound artwork for the 25th anniversary edition of Weaveworld - by Richard A. Kirk: http://www.clivebarker.info/bookswip.html#weave25

Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #67
Figs
Banned User

I already own that book, hardbound. Damn I'm so tempted to rebuy it since it would be brand new.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #68
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Clive is on facebook, deviant art and tumbler. I would post links but Clive tends to post some pretty hardcore pictures that are NSFW.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #69
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzarinna View Post
Clive is on facebook, deviant art and tumbler. I would post links but Clive tends to post some pretty hardcore pictures that are NSFW.
Nice! Just "liked" his page on Facebook.

So how was the extra footage in Nightbreed that you just saw recently?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #70
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Nice! Just "liked" his page on Facebook.

So how was the extra footage in Nightbreed that you just saw recently?

You didn't friend him?

It was pretty impressive, I can't imagine having to go through all of that footage. The ending is of course different. Apparently, each screening there might be even more added, so everyone may experience something different. They're adding more screenings that haven't been put up on http://www.occupymidian.com just yet, like Texas.

I wonder what other treasures Clive has hidden in his home that he has completely forgotten, like the Third book of the Art?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #71
Maximus One
Oddball

Could somebody pm me the links to like his page on Facebook n all that? When I do a such for Clive Barker just like 30 people come up and then only his Wikipedia page. Any help is appreciated guys

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #72
tzarinna
С новым годом!

More screenings for Cabal Cut announced.

23 SEPT 12
SLASH FILM FESTIVAL VIENNA, AT

28 SEPT 12
DERBY QUAD DERBY, UK

29 SEPT 12
CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE CARDIFF, UK

30 SEPT 12
UNIVERSITY OF WINCHESTER
Tickets via Ticketweb
Tickets via PayPal
WINCHESTER, UK

5 OCT 12
GRIMM UP NORTH MANCHESTER, UK

12 OCT 12
SITGIES INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL BARCELONA, SP

27 OCT 12
HORRORTHON DUBLIN, IR

2 NOV 12
WEEKEND OF HORRORS GERMANY

3 NOV 12
NIGHT VISIONS HELSINKI

9 NOV 12
ABERTOIR HORROR FESTIVAL ABERYSTHWYTH, UK

17 NOV 12
MONDO MEXICO

23 NOV 12
ELECTRIC CINEMA BIRMINGHAM, UK

25 NOV 12
PARIS INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL

Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #73
tzarinna
С новым годом!

HELLRAISER : ORIGINS We opened the box !

Old 09-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #74
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Hellraiser Concept Art from Possible Reboot.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #75
Baramos
Side-Kick

I've seen Hellraiser and several of his other movies, but the Clive Barker creation I've always liked the most is the video game Clive Barker's Undying. It's a PC game from, I think, 1999. It was pretty hardcore and difficult, had a great story, and was one of the few video games I have found genuinely terrifying.

Quote:
The game begins in 1923, after World War I veteran Patrick Galloway receives an urgent letter from his friend Jeremiah Covenant. Covenant, well aware of Galloway's reputation for dealing with occult matters, is in failing health and raves about a curse that has destroyed his entire family. Galloway travels to the Covenant estate on the coast of Ireland to visit his friend, who relates an outlandish tale of supernatural terrors.

Jeremiah Covenant is one of five children, along with his siblings Ambrose, Lizbeth, and twins Aaron and Bethany. As children, the Covenants found a strange occult book in their father's library and performed a ritual found within at an ancient set of standing stones located on an island on their family's extensive estate. This seemingly childish game however, brought the wrath of evil forces upon the family. After reaching adulthood, the Covenants fell one by one into madness and then death, eventually leaving Jeremiah as the only survivor. The power of the curse, however, has reanimated his fallen brothers and sisters as monsters of pure evil; they have been haunting Jeremiah and he fears that he will soon follow where they have gone.

Galloway decides to honor his friend's wishes by trying to stop whatever was set in motion long ago at the ancient stones where the ritual was performed. Through the Covenants' journals and Galloway's own memories, the player learns more about the nature of the curse and the creature behind it: The Undying King, a powerful demonic presence threatening to destroy the reality we inhabit.
While attempting to prevent the Undying King from entering our world, Patrick must face off against the four undead Covenant siblings as well as Otto Keisinger, an evil rival who simply wants to gain power from the demonic forces.
It also had some great weapons. The Tibetan War Cannon, Scythe of the Celt, and flaming shotgun shells were pretty sweet...

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote