The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #326
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread

I'm still holding my breath on the Curry recordings to be released.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #327
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I would love that. I mean, from what I read, supposedly he recorded about three episodes worth of dialog. It would be almost criminal for no one to give us a taste.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #328
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

They used very small parts of his stuff in some of the earliest episodes, like "Fear of Victory," and "Dreams in Darkness," but you can't even tell where because he's just credited as an additional voice.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #329
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I think I read that Joker's laugh in Dreams in Darkness was him, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #330
RustyCage
Come what may..

Hamill sometimes does a laugh that's very Curry-esque. I would love to hear Curry's take on Joker - hell I'd even cast him if Hamill really is retiring his run on the character!

Old 10-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #331
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think I read that Joker's laugh in Dreams in Darkness was him, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Really? That laugh was really high pitched.

- The Joker
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #332
RustyCage
Come what may..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZ7fnUvTtg Pretty cool Curry-Joker video, fanmade of course.

I wonder if he'd go for a Pennywise approach or something more original/tweaked?

Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #333
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

All this talk about Curry as The Joker has me thinking how totally different "Christmas With The Joker" would be with him giving the voice.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #334
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I would love that. I mean, from what I read, supposedly he recorded about three episodes worth of dialog. It would be almost criminal for no one to give us a taste.
OMG! I never knew that

That would have been amazing. I agree that Curry should voice the Joker in one of the new animated films. Hell, he should have been the Joker in '89

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #335
~†~§iX~†~
Justified Egomaniac

Funniest moment of the series for me.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:56 AM   #336
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZ7fnUvTtg Pretty cool Curry-Joker video, fanmade of course.

I wonder if he'd go for a Pennywise approach or something more original/tweaked?
I really like it. Maybe DC/WB animation could cast him in the next movie.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #337
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Heard an amateur rapper's song last night that sampled the line "You are out of your mind," from the episode "Pretty Poison". Recognized it immediately.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #338
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Always loved the characterization of most of the villains on this show.

The Joker is my obvious favorite, but I really loved Poison Ivy. I think my favorite characterization of her is in her first appearance in Pretty Poison.

Been rewatching these on DVD and am really digging the commentary on certain episodes.

I love how they talk about getting certain stuff past Standards and Practices. My favorite is the commentary on Heart of Steel Part 2 and how they talked about going all out on destroying the robots.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #339
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

I think HEART OF ICE is probably one of the best cartoons I've seen. Ever.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #340
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
Always loved the characterization of most of the villains on this show.

The Joker is my obvious favorite, but I really loved Poison Ivy. I think my favorite characterization of her is in her first appearance in Pretty Poison.

Been rewatching these on DVD and am really digging the commentary on certain episodes.

I love how they talk about getting certain stuff past Standards and Practices. My favorite is the commentary on Heart of Steel Part 2 and how they talked about going all out on destroying the robots.
Yeah I watch HOS 1&2 few days ago, they talked how there was scenes of Batman vs robort Batman but that didn't make final daft. Timm said Part 2 was better than Part 1, which I agree with.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #341
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

His Silicon Soul became one of my favorite episodes, its just full of Scifi Horror

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #342
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I loved the whole HARDAC storyline. It was like something out of Terminator or something, but somehow it really worked.

- The Joker
Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #343
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I loved the whole HARDAC storyline. It was like something out of Terminator or something, but somehow it really worked.
Loved it, absolutely loved it as well. Batman and Terminator were my 2 favorite things since late 80s and to see such combo was just mind blowing

Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #344
Jordacar
The Endless One

I just rewatched "Be A Clown." Wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. I'm not sure why I found Jordan so annoying the first time around.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #345
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Episodes I watched

Heart Of Steel
Robin's Recking (I liked how Batsuit was something similar to Frank Miller's Year One and there was no yellow emblem. Was that home page to Year One?)
I would say it's a definite nod to Year One and, of course, the earliest depictions of Batman with no yellow ellipse around the Bat-crest. You get the same thing in Mask of the Phantasm in a flashback.

And of course, by the time the show became "The New Batman Adventures" you had Batman in a rendition of that costume.

Personally, my favorite aspect of TAS is Kevin Conroy's voice work. It's not just the quality of it, but what he's doing there and what it tells us about Batman. When Batman is out of costume and alone with Alfred, or Dick or anyone else that knows... his voice is the same as in costume. He doesn't have a voice for when he's Batman, that is his voice. He IS Batman. Bruce Wayne, and the public voice that he uses, is the disguise. It's effing brilliant. It's a shame that Bale and Nolan haven't gone for a similar quality.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #346
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
I just rewatched "Be A Clown." Wasn't nearly as bad as I remember. I'm not sure why I found Jordan so annoying the first time around.
I like that they had it play it safe with the Joker at first. It explains why one of his first episode was Christmas themed, so that all the festive imagery would distract people from the fact that he's trying to kill thousands of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
Personally, my favorite aspect of TAS is Kevin Conroy's voice work. It's not just the quality of it, but what he's doing there and what it tells us about Batman. When Batman is out of costume and alone with Alfred, or Dick or anyone else that knows... his voice is the same as in costume. He doesn't have a voice for when he's Batman, that is his voice. He IS Batman. Bruce Wayne, and the public voice that he uses, is the disguise. It's effing brilliant. It's a shame that Bale and Nolan haven't gone for a similar quality.
His public Bruce Wayne voice was his true voice at first (see Mask of the Phantasm). Which brings up the notion that after years under the cowl, his personality took a big turn.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #347
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
I like that they had it play it safe with the Joker at first. It explains why one of his first episode was Christmas themed, so that all the festive imagery would distract people from the fact that he's trying to kill thousands of people.

His public Bruce Wayne voice was his true voice at first (see Mask of the Phantasm). Which brings up the notion that after years under the cowl, his personality took a big turn.
It's been a minute since I watched Mask of the Phantasm, but I'm sure you're correct.

However, that came well into the series proper being on TV. And I've been watching it alot lately... from the get go they had private Bruce doing the Bat voice while public Bruce was a little higher pitched.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #348
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Kevin Conroy as Batman's voice is just perfect and same with Mark Hamill as The Joker.

I was thrilled when Batman Arkham Asylum game had them two.

I watched Over The Edge (was in Batman Gotham Knight special features) I loved that episode. Imagine if Gordon found out Barbara was Batgirl and blames Batman for getting her killed and hires Bane to kill Batman.I always wondered if Gordon found this out.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #349
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

At the end of the episode, Timm says Gordon does know she's Batgirl, and is perfectly okay with it.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #350
ALP
In The Mountains

Arkham Asylum, Mask of the Phantasm, and Return of the Joker gave the definitive renditions of the Joker for me. As good as Hamill was in the normal TAS, the character himself was constrained because he couldn't kill. But in those three, Dini and Hamill could go full out.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Closed Thread