The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #126
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread

That sorta reminds me of Jack as Joker putting on a glasses and says "You wouldn't hit a man with a glasses huh would you?"

Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #127
BLU8
Night time sharpens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
The Joker Justice League Design (or more accurately Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker flashback design) is the ultimate animated Joker design. Period.
Amen to that! It really is the perfect Joker, IMO. It's looks so terrifying and evil! Throw in Mark Hamill's unbeatable voicework, & it's the ultimate Joker!

I must say, with the exceptions of The Scarecrow & Mr. Freeze, I disliked most of TNBA character re-designs. Especially The Joker. I thought he looked pretty stupid with the black eyes. But his BTAS look was awesome!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #128
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I hated the TNBA Riddler redesign. Why would you go from a suit to a leotard?! You'd just look dumb...

Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #129
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

Riddler did indeed have it the worst. Not only was he wearing a leotard, but he was bald, and not only that he was never used throughout the new season with the exception of cameos. He did appear in the TNBA styled comics though. It's a really good design. The TNBA head of the BTAS body.

This is what he SHOULD have looked like in TNBA. It seems that the bast designs are when they put the BTAS and TNBA designs together.

However Penguin's TNBA design is perfect in my eyes though...I don't think that his deformaties were ever mentioned in BTAS so they were really irrelavent to his character. His real "deformaty" which keeps him from joining high class society is simply that he is a criminal...and in the BTAS world it seemed like he was one of Gotham's worst (he appeared the most only second to Joker and the both of them have no origin stories meaning that the two have been thorns in Batman's side for quite some time now.)

Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #130
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Yeah. A shame they didnīt use that design and made episodes featuring him. I read somwhere that a Riddler episode was to complex to make, that is why he only had a few episodes in his repertory.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #131
zmystico
Side-Kick

IDK, I was just thinking about BTAS, so I was hoping there would be a thread on here about it lol...right now I'm listening to "Like A Dog Chasing Cars" from TDK soundtrack. Almost got him was a really good episode, I remember Croc saying "I threw a rock at him" and everyone having "that look" on their faces LMAO! I really can't think of a better superhero cartoon series for ANY superhero better than BTAS. Iron Man's was short and honestly kinda boring, Spider-Man's was alright, I thought X-Men was drawn out too long and just hard to get into. I too didn't care much for the "batman in my basement" episode, but I vaguely remember an episode that Batman & Gordon were celebrating a sort of "anniversary", I believe the episode was about Gordon sitting in a coffee shop recalling how he either first met Batman and at the end Batman shows up and has coffee with him and pays for it. It was one of those "trip down memory lane" episodes.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #132
Two-Face=Badass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmystico View Post
I really can't think of a better superhero cartoon series for ANY superhero better than BTAS.
Justice League Unlimited blow BTAS out of the water, and this is coming from a guy who LOVES BTAS.

-Mal and Zoe, Firefly
Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #133
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yeah ok

Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #134
Temple Fugate
is right on time.

mmmmmmmm giggity

Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #135
Two-Face=Badass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Yeah ok
You think BTAS is better than JLU?

-Mal and Zoe, Firefly
Old 04-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #136
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

I'd say in terms of story telling (obviously the newer ones have superior technical aspects) BTAS, STAS, and JLU are on equal footing. The only incarnation I wasn't too crazy about was the original JL, that show just never wowed me much.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #137
Temple Fugate
is right on time.

BTAS > the world

Old 04-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #138
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face=Badass View Post
Yes.

- The Joker
Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #139
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

I love JLU, especially for the Cadmus arc in season 2, but I think I'll always prefer BTAS. To pitch in my two cents on the redesigns, I hate the revamped versions of Catwoman (she looked even less human than The Joker), Poison Ivy, The Riddler, and The Joker, but I do like the retooled Mr. Freeze, Penguin (so much more in line with how this version behaved), Scarecrow, and especially Mad Hatter (it's a shame this Hatter never got his own episode, it's a freaky little design).

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #140
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

Mad Hatter was the main villain of "Animal Act". It was the Nightwing and Batman team up episode...seeing those two side by side again reminded me of the original series...

It also seemed that by TNBA Batman was shutting the criminals down as they were really strapped for cash. Joker especially (went to Metropolis to get money from Lex) then returning a month later broke in Joker's millions.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #141
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Animal Act, eh? Okay then, I wish they'd made him the main villain in a memorable episode.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 04-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #142
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

My Superman TAS thread, for those of you that liked it...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=311323

Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #143
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick

Does anyone else find the series finale(s) kind of dissapointing? I mean, the last ep of Volume 3 doesn't even have Batman in it, and Judgment Day, while the ep itself was ok, it just didn't feel like a proper send off to a great cartoon. Then again, maybe it's better we got that instead of some cliche filled drivel for a finale.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #144
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

The thing with the Batman episodes was that most of them were standalone episodes, whereas in Justice League Unlimited we got more continuity based plot. It did have some sort of continuity though, but not as prominent as JLU.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #145
Grommers
Side-Kick

Yeah BTAS was like a new story line each week, so I didn't expect a big send off.

Batman Beyond had a decent continuity.

I really wish they had more episodes of this though, they really lacked Riddler & Hugo episodes .

Scarecrow I loved throughout, didn't like his re-design, still doesnt make sense and takes the torment away from him, instead of being former smart dude that nobody understands...he's just well, messed in the head.

I know "the batman" did a lot on hugo strange, and I really enjoyed it, would of liked to see it more in B:TAS.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #146
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick

I liked that episode he was in, where he tries to sell Batman's ID to Two Face, Penguin, and Joker. Pretty much any episode where all the big villains were together were awesome.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 AM   #147
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
I do. In fact, I think the quality of the shows "declined" with each one (BTAS>STAS>BB>JL). I hate to even use the word "declined" because they're all astonishingly good shows in their own ways, vastly trumping the majority of other animation. I'm forced to split hairs in my distinctions.

The shows became more epic. More fan-service. More "adult," but only in a superficial sense, i.e. "Darkseid - man, that's some dark s***!" The sophistication and maturity of themes dwindled, and were at their strongest during BTAS. Take "I Am The Knight" - to have an episode of a "children's cartoon" where the hero spends most of the episode tormented over his failures, blaming himself for the near-death of his friend, reflecting on what it means to be a hero - that's thoughtful stuff, not seen before or (IMO) since, in mainstream animation. Even the humorous episodes of BTAS are funnier than half of the so-called "comedy" on television.

Maybe it's just my tastes. I enjoy a good, methodically-paced noir tale over a high-octane space adventure. Batman also always seemed more character-driven, Justice League being plot-driven.

But again, everything Timm, Dini & Co produced has been fried gold.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #148
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

i wish they would bring back TAS...perhaps as a 6 part miniseries (maybe hr long episodes?) and show where the characters went after the series ended. make it a more pg-13 rated show, considering the people who followed the show so closely are more grown up now. it could show barbara being paralyzed and becoming Oracle, the Hush story, even bring in cassandra cain as the new bat-girl.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #149
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

I'd be happy if they just did more BTAS/TNBA DTV movies. PG-13 style like BBROTJ.

That would be awesome.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #150
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Yes I do.

Closed Thread