The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 09-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Rorschach2012
$

Default The Future Solo Superman Movies Thread

A place to discuss a potential solo Superman sequel.

Maybe there won't even be another solo Superman movie in this universe.
But if there is...

I think Batman v Superman will feature Lex and Doomsday as the villains
and I think Justice League may feature Brainiac as the villain, with Darkseid being the villain of Justice League 2.

If that's the case, Metallo and Parasite would be the next best option for a solo Superman movie.

If Brainiac isn't the villain of Justice League, I really would like to see a solo Superman film with Brainiac as the villain. Supergirl would also ideally be introduced in the next solo Superman film. Jimmy Olsen would be a nice addition as well, it seems weird they didn't use him in Man of Steel. Conner Kent would be another awesome character to introduce at some point.

Lex and Brainiac vs Supergirl and Superman would be my ideal Superman sequel.

But yeah I really hope they do more solo Superman films in this universe, even if they aren't directed by Snyder

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
WBwins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Future Solo Superman Movies Thread

Superman 5D
Lord Vyndtyx as a villain

WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #3
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Sam Raimi's Superman & The Legion Of Superheroes?

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

HOT RUMOR: Warners Looking To Put 'Legion Of Superheroes' Into Development!
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mayimbe
With Guardians Of The Galaxy on the cusp of earning $300 million domestically and becoming this year's top box office hit, what is DC's counter-strategy? Do they have their own version of a hero team in space? The answer is YES!

According to sources, Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film.

Is Legion Of Superheroes part of the unannounced nine upcoming DC films Warners is planning? Not sure. With Guardians Of The Galaxy officially making more money domestically than Man Of Steel it's probably under strong consideration. Post Guardians Of The Galaxy, studios are hot for space properties. Disney not only has Guardians Of The Galaxy, but the rumored Inhumans under the Marvel banner. Let's also not forget the upcoming Star Wars films. Fox got Avatar sequels in the pipeline and Paramount got the upcoming Interstellar.

Created by Otto Binder, The Legion Of Superheroes is a superhero team set in the 30th and 31st centuries. The Legion first made their appearance in Adventure Comics #247 which debuted in April of 1958.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
A place to discuss a potential solo Superman sequel.

Maybe there won't even be another solo Superman movie in this universe.
But if there is...

I think Batman v Superman will feature Lex and Doomsday as the villains
and I think Justice League may feature Brainiac as the villain, with Darkseid being the villain of Justice League 2.

If that's the case, Metallo and Parasite would be the next best option for a solo Superman movie.

If Brainiac isn't the villain of Justice League, I really would like to see a solo Superman film with Brainiac as the villain. Supergirl would also ideally be introduced in the next solo Superman film. Jimmy Olsen would be a nice addition as well, it seems weird they didn't use him in Man of Steel. Conner Kent would be another awesome character to introduce at some point.

Lex and Brainiac vs Supergirl and Superman would be my ideal Superman sequel.

But yeah I really hope they do more solo Superman films in this universe, even if they aren't directed by Snyder

Dude,

I think it's too soon to pull out Doomsday for B v S,

I think the best villain has been sadly overlooked - Bizarro ! If you think Bizarro isn't a worthy villain, then check out Tom Taylor's evil Superman arc in Earth 2.

Plus Bizarro gives so many options about Superman having to confront himself, and maybe aspects of his personality that the writers can mess around with - that Bizarro's not actually evil, but twisted so that he only destroys, rather than protects

If I were put in charge of WB today it would go like this.....

B v S, Lex Luthor and Metallo

MOS 2 Brainiac and Luthor

JL part 1, Start with Apokoliptan bad guys and finish with Darkseid
JL part 2, Darkseid ! he should be tough enough to engage the whole JL

MOS 3 Doomsday , Lex Luthor and Bizarro, with Bizarro being the clone of Superman that Luthor creates to replace the fallen Superman
(basically a modified version of the animated film Superman: Doomsday).

Just IMO of course, and sadly WB haven't returned my calls, so I'm not going to be in charge any time soon.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
WBwins
Side-Kick

My Choice would be Lord Vyndtyxthe Devilgod from 5D

Heres my plot idea for MOS 2
The Earth is about to explode.To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an allpowerful Devil god.If he completes 10 trials,he wins the game and the Devilgod heals the planet.If he looses,The Devilgod gets his soul and the earth is destroyed.

Basically Superman meets the Hunger games

Last edited by WBwins; 12-01-2014 at 05:25 AM.
WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #6
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

I would love to see Lobo in a Superman film, he would play off of Superman well.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote