The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #26
S_H_F_4839
Hulk Smash

Default Re: Captain America the new mission

How about Cap versus american nazis?

I mean Cap fought so hard against this ideal in WW2, and then wake up in the modern times and we have groups like the arrayan brotherhood and such, that are essentially american nazis, I would like to see captain america have to come to terms with that change as part of the movie.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #27
Fantasyartist
Side-Kick

My opinion is that Nazism is like SOOO 20th century- why not someone like Flag Smasher?!

Terry

Fantasyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #28
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_H_F_4839 View Post
How about Cap versus american nazis?

I mean Cap fought so hard against this ideal in WW2, and then wake up in the modern times and we have groups like the arrayan brotherhood and such, that are essentially american nazis, I would like to see captain america have to come to terms with that change as part of the movie.
i liek this idea, the hate monger could be hitler survuived, or a clone, or a bastard son beleiving in "the dream of an old man" and was the startr of neo nazism, so cap decides not to just adjust but totake down the founder as a symbol of americas superiority over nazi beleife or something like that

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #29
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

I would like to see a scenario where some US Security contractors (ala Blackwater) are employed to augment the Secret Service. This is a repeat of an old post I made, but it is relvnt to this discussion:

Quote:
... with all the current real-world issues around the use of para-military contractors (ala blackwater), the story could be that someone has made inroads with several influential senators, the state department, and the DOD to get government security contracts... They get authorization to set up a training facility in VA (near DC), and then there is a mysterious attempt on the president's life. The Secret Service takes lots of casualties, and the President's security has to be augmented. The security contractors in question are brought it with fancy armored vehicles and advanced weapons to soup up Presidential security. Cap smells something fishy about all of this, but Fury says that situation is outside of their charter. Cap says that he doesn't have a charter, and is there to protect the U.S. He catches onto the plot and is able to interfere as they make their move, trying to kidnap the president. The contractors turn out to be AIM or Hydra, who forcibly occupy the Pentagon and set a perimeter with hunderds of hostages (including the Secretary of Defense).

They have some kind of WMD... and with the high value hostages, they are ready to name the entire US as a ransom. It could be Strucker as the head of the faux security corporation (really a HYDRA operation) and a version of the Death spore would be his WMD (a variation of which has given him longevity). Cap manages to infitrate and free the hostages, and opens a window of opportunity for the military to strike. There is a lot of chaos, gun-fire, etc... Cap defeats Strucker causing HYDRA to retreat since this particular "head" has been neutralized.
Red Skull could be used rather than Strucker... and in either case, Crossbones should be in there. All kinds of ideas could be fleshed out...

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #30
huayausa
Banned User

Good work !
Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished!

Last edited by huayausa; 11-19-2009 at 02:44 AM.
huayausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #31
S_H_F_4839
Hulk Smash

if they make a sequel in modern continuity, I would like to see red skull fall into the background, he is still a presence working behind the scenes through his daughter syn, I would like to see syn faustus and zola all working together to try and revive the red skull her chief merc should be crossbones and he could be the one giving aim its orders.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #32
some guy
Blackagar Boltagon

I'd like to see Cap take on the Sleepers.

some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #33
Dr. Sid Jawtug
Banned User

I don't know what would be a good villain for Cap in any sequels but I would love to see MODOK in a movie.

Dr. Sid Jawtug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #34
CASTER
Side-Kick

I seriously think MARVEL is planning a INVADERS spin off movie once CAP goes Box Office!! Thats why the cameos, as for a sequel... gotta say CROSSBONES great villain for a sequel, and maybe at the end of CAP 2, we get SUPER PATRIOT (US AGENT) ready for CAP 3! WENTWORTH MILLER would make an awesome US AGENT by the way!

FLAG SMASHER would be cool to put in a sequel too, kudos!

CASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
Madelow
Newbie First Class

Hello all: I like the idea of Baron Zemo, but seeing Namor & the android Torch might be even more interesting. Namor is interesting enough to deserve his own movie, imho. Best regards, Madelow.

Madelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #36
Madelow
Newbie First Class

Hello all: I truly had not considered the possibility of an Invaders film. I'm all for it! Keep Cap in all Avengers sequels, though. Best regards, Madelow.

Madelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #37
sabetoonth
Who?

im sorry but thatd be bpring as hell, id rather see him take on Hate monger, Protocide, etc

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:43 AM   #38
some guy
Blackagar Boltagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez7990 View Post
It will be nice to see.Yes i think want to a movie about Steve Rogers before he becomes Captain America.
__________________________________________________ _________
B&B Ballina
Yes, let's see the pre-WW2 adventures of Steve Rogers, 90 lbs. skinny art student.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #39
some guy
Blackagar Boltagon

double post

Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #40
Captain America
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
What do you think his movie will be?

He'll get unfrozen in Avengers.
That's I'm hoping for, If he ends up getting frozen at the end First Avenger, That provides a potentiality very exciting climax for the end of the first film, and a (what would be) a highly hyped opening for the Avengers, because the audience will want to know what happened to Cap.

Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #41
rede123
Banned User

Marvel says that they are going to make this movie set in the present day with the movie being only flashbacks, but they also said that they were planning to do 2 more cap movies, well if that so i would prefer if the 1st was caps origin, however they said the Invaders would appear in the 2nd part of the film, the the 1st should be set in the middle of Caps adventures in WWII , the 2nd should be a Prequel set in his first adventure and the 3rd should end with him being frozen in the end.
They should also make a Invaders spin off set after First avenger: captain America 1 and before Captain America 3, since the 1st would be the biggining of his adventures with the invaders.

rede123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #42
cryptic name
No Limits

i think the first flick is enough for the WWII setting. i'm much more interested in seeing Cap in a modern setting as a man out of his time. a few WWII flashbacks could be cool, but i'd rather see contemporary stories with AIM or HYDRA as antagonists

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #43
Madeline87st

a lot of posters think a cap sequel should take place in the modern day who should his opponents be?

Madeline87st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
FVD
Jolly Loves You

If Syn and Crossbones were to appear in Cap 2, then what about Baron Zemo? Cap 3?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #45
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

AIM. Hydra was done in TFA and with Skull disappearing at the end of CAFTA, I think it opens him up for a potential Avengers villian (even if they go past 3) After HYDRA, I think Sin/Crossbones would be a good fit. I think Crossbones could be used in conjunction with AIM as well. Plus, it's MODOK, he might be a bit goofy for a main villian in a feature length film, but that's what is great about it.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #46
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I would put the movie in modern day and have it be all about Steve struggling with his new life. Since his old life is back in the past, and everyone he knew then is dead or dying, should he give up trying to be Steve Rogers and just become Captain America? Live life as a super soldier/SHIELD agent? Or should he try having a normal life as Steve Rogers? Rebuild, try to be an artist like he was before the war and before the serum? This idea would be represented by Rogers being atracted to both SHIELD agent Sharon Carter (who knows Captain America) and civilian Stain Glass artist Bernie Rosenthal (who knows Steve Rogers). He life struggle would also be shown in other ways, not just girl trouble. Which should he chose?

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I was thinking maybe even have Sin be the new enemy in a Cap sequel. Then you can play up Cap still adjusting to modern life, with some of the issues you've stated above, while his past is in essence coming back to haunt him and he has plenty of of time to hit stuff with his shield.

I am sure I'm interpreting your idea wrong Artistsean, but you would still have Cap do actual Super-Soldiery stuff right? To me when I read your suggestion it makes me picture a character study with him sitting in a circle of strangers discussing his mini identity crisis of whether he is steve or cap, which, I don't think would work. At all.

Though, as a completely unassociated from the MCU short would be interesting. Sort of like The Sunset Limited.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 05-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #48
Silvermoth
Avenger

That would be cool. I would love to see Sin and the Serpent Squad.

I always pictured Captain America 2 would be about Red White and Black though. That would be cool and it's a great way to bring the Falcon in.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Of coarse he would still be Captain America. He wouldn't be trying to not be Captain America, just also trying to see if his life as Steve Rogers is still relevant. Should he still be Steve Rogers and have a life outside of Captain America. Or should he just forget about Steve Rogers and be Captain America. I love you idea for bringing his past to haunt him. The Red Skull's daughter, or descendant comes back to destroy him. He would still hit stuff as Captain America, and be super heroic, but would also have a personal story going on too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Thanks. So glad you guys like the idea. To flesh it out a little further, and to further make the choice hard I would also include in the cast his friends from the apartment when he was dating Bernie Rosenthal, Josh Cooper, Mike Farrell, and Anna Kapplehaum as part of his civilian life as Steve Rogers. And I would include Sharon Carter and Agent Samuel Wilson. Give him a good supporting cast of friends in both lives.
And I wouldn't have Steve actually dating both, I don't see him doing that. He would hold off until he made a choice and then date one of them.
Maybe include a cameo by RDJ as Tony Stark who could joke about how Cap could date them both, to Cap's shock. Or maybe include Hawkeye in the film as a SHIELD agent Cap is friends with from the Avengers, maybe.

And then there would be the major story arc of the villain taking over New York or whatever. Baron Zemo or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #50
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dman27 View Post
a lot of posters think a cap sequel should take place in the modern day who should his opponents be?
It has to be a modern iteration of HYDRA, it's too good an opportunity for Steve to realize his old enemies are still around. You could have Baron Zemo affiliated with them somehow, and that way you could have flashbacks of Steve's interactions with the original Zemo in WWII. You could also have supporting roles for Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury. And probably introduce Carol Danvers or Sharon Carter.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote