The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD (the movie)

I still say use 616 Fury in the Cap movie.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #27
Blackman
C'mon Son

not going to happen

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #28
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
I still say use 616 Fury in the Cap movie.
They have already established and plan on continuing to use Sam Jackson (who was the artistic inspiration for the Ultimates Fury) as Nick Fury in several movies....it would be hard, to make in the middle of them having a bald black man as Fury, a seperate movie with a gray haired white man as Fury.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #29
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Then Fury shouldn't be featured at all. The Infinity formula won't work so well for the 1940's. Just to acknowledge fans of the original Fury, I think they can work him in even if it's a cameo or something. Some changes would be required, plus should they return to WW2 or the Cold War they can build off a major character.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #30
Silvermoth
Avenger

I don't mind at all that Nick Fury is black. Sam fits the role excellently. He's shrewd and tough which I would prefer over any subpar white actor that happened to look the part anyday.

Dum Dum Dugan- Ted Levine (I agree he's perfect)
Sharon Carter- Keri Russel
Maria Hill- Rachel Griffiths
Abigail Brand- Sigourney Weaver
Valentina Allegra de Fontaine- Monica Belluci
Daisy Johnson- Bridget Neval
Clay Quartermain- Kevin McKidd
Jasper Sitwell- Michael Weatherly
Jimmy Woo- Daniel Dae Kim
Sam Wilson- Dule Hill
Henry Gyrich- William H Macy (I would prefer him to be less of an obvious villian in a movie, still evil but not the moustache twisting variety)

I'ld love to see a SHIELD film if it was shown like a Paul Greengrass movie with the odd superhero element.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #31
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I wouldn't mind if they had Fury look more like this though (hair with gray in it and stubble):

They could tap into the 70s styled Fury with Fury's personal style, out of uniform, being something like his clothing from the 70s Steranko comics, and purple since Sam like purple.
and maybe have him usually wearing SWAT type gear.

I hope we get something like the Omega Sector from True Lies in the Nick Fury movie

SHIELD logos everywhere, a high tech base of operations with lots of security.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #32
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I would love to see the secret Barbershop SHIELD entrance from the comics in the movies:

and some technology like this:

Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #33
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Ted Levine as Dum Dum Dugan

Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #34
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

If they ever get around doing a Nick Fury movie....Sam will probably be near 70 by then.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #35
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Its in his contract, something they made a big fuss over recently (he nearly didn't return) so now he is signed on for the Marvel movies like Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and a movie of his own.
I think Sam Jackson will make sure they don't put it off.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #36
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Nick Fury with hair and stubble

Old 04-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #37
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Nick Fury with hair and stubble

Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #38
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Doesn't look bad. I say stick with the baldness though. SLJ looks his age with air.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #39
cerealkiller182
Must Get Deadpool Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Honestly, if they cast anyone else I will be very upset

cerealkiller182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #40
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Andrew W. Marlowe (writer of AIR FORCE ONE, creator of CASTLE) based his Nick Fury script on Jim Steranko’s version of Fury. Marlowe wrote his script before Samuel L. Jackson was attached to the role, but he says it would be very easy to tweak it for Jackson.

I hope Marvel don’t adjust it too much for him. Marlowe’s Fury had a very Lee Marvin attitude, and that’s exactly what I want to see. Some dialogue fixes with Jackson in mind are fine and likely necessary - but I actually want the opportunity to see Jackson act again, instead of just playing Samuel L. Jackson. I found him tedious in IRON MAN 2 for that very reason. Jackson was once one of my favourite actors before he descended into self-parody. Take this opportunity for Nicolas J. Fury to really become Nick Fury.

With that in mind I was thinking about some scenes and dialogue I’d love to see in the Nick Fury/S.H.I.E.L.D. movie to bring the character closer to his Jack Kirby and Stan Lee roots. It may seem surprising then that I want to draw some of the following from a series that Lee apparently didn’t like very much, but these scenes from the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson 2002 mini-series are very much quintessential Fury moments for me.

Nick Fury on the state of the country: “When did the *******s start running things? How did they get away with the pissant little rules they make us live by? Why do they use ten words to hint at what just one would say? I feel like I blinked and someone turned the place into the United States of Pussies.”

There’s an amazing scene where five highly trained assassins attempt to ambush Fury inside his penthouse only to find out why this is a very bad idea. It’s two pages of build-up, three pages of brutal carnage, and a final page showing Fury in the aftermath. This scene would translate perfectly to film.

A fight-scene similar to the climactic fight between Fury and Rudi Gargarin could make for an excellent conclusion to the movie. Once again, this allows Jackson to get more down and dirty than he ever has before. I don’t actually expect to see Fury strangle anyone with their own intestines, but a similarly ferocious battle would be great.

Cigars! I want to see Nick Fury light up, again bringing the character back closer to the Kirby and Lee original. A scene like the “The next ******* tells me I can’t smoke one of these, I’m going to put it out in their mother****ing eye” one from Ennis series would be fun too.

There’s a scene from Jonathan Hickman’s SECRET WARRIORS where a waiter in a coffee shop runs through a series of options of what’s available before Fury replies with “Coffee. Hot. In a cup.”

A variant of the scene from DARK REIGN: THE LIST – SECRET WARRIORS where Fury’s adversary has an inventory of things he promised to do for himself, and Nick responds with his own list:
  • Save the Word
  • Punch ______ in the face
  • Have a beer

Another great scene from SECRET WARRIORS happens when Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine meets Nick Fury in a packed restaurant. They talk for a few minutes before she reveals that many of the diners there are actually working for her and they all pull their guns on Fury. Fury then counters that as all the other diners draw their weapons on her and her men.

Even if these specific dialogue exchanges or moments don’t come up, moments with a similar cool-factor or dialogue expressing similar sentiment would be great.

As for who I think could be a viable choice to direct the Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, there are a number of candidates that I think could do a decent job and might be interested in it:
  • Paul Greengrass (BOURNE SUPREMACY, BOURNE ULTIMATUM, GREEN ZONE)
  • Robert Schwentke (FLIGHTPLAN, RED)
  • Florent Emilio Siri (HOSTAGE)
  • Matthew Vaughn (LAYER CAKE, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS)
  • Joe Wright (ATONEMENT, HANNA)
and further down that list:
  • Antoine Fuqua (TEARS OF THE SUN, SHOOTER)
  • F. Gary Gray (LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, worked with Jackson on THE NEGOCIATOR)
  • Doug Liman (BOURNE IDENTITY, MR. & MRS. SMITH, worked with Jackson on JUMPER)
  • Pierre Morel (TAKEN, FROM PARIS WITH LOVE)
  • Phillip Noyce (PATRIOT GAMES, CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER, SALT) - would need a strong script already in place, wouldn't want him to get too involved in that side of the film-making process

Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

A $30 million budget for this movie would be nice.

I think it will be successful.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #42
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm sure they can afford more than $30 million. It would be awesome to give it a Call of Duty with superheroes feel and Monica Belluci as the Countess would rock

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #43
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Have Fury work for Howard Stark at the onset of SHIELD in the late(?) 1960's and over the years take over as the man in charge.

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #44
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

From Another Thread (probably the only way to do a Nick Fury solo action film would be to have a prequel):
Quote:
Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD:
This story is a period movie. It takes place between Captain America 1 and Iron Man 1, during the 60s/70s. Nick Fury is a brash young government agent who is brought into the world of what becomes SHIELD. He is trained and mentored by old war horse, Dum Dum Dugan (one of the original agents who started SHIELD). The movie fills in the gaps and shows just how involved SHIELD and Hydra are in America. Fury becomes one of their best agents. Also featured are Contessa (Fury's love interest), and Abigail Brand (Maybe). In the movie we see Fury loose his eye as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Young Nick Fury (as he grew up in Hell's Kitchen too). If there is no Infinity Formula or slowed aging involved, we can assume Fury is roughly 55-65 years old in The Avengers. Putting him roughly in his 20s in the 1970s. SHIELD would've been established by this time and the subplot could deal with Fury's character learning of its existence and joining. A nice way to get Fury into a show and recast him without angering anyone. He could be portrayed as a young kid who looks up to the Heroes for Hire, explaining why he is so obsessed with the idea of the Avengers initiative.

Old Howard Stark would be in his 50s and Tony would've recently been born. John Slattery (already familiar with television) would be an amazing casting choice to reprise the role if they ever ran into him.
Quote:
I imagine it being set in the 70s, a 20 something Nick Fury would be perfect because he would be so young you wouldn't expect him to be the best SHIELD agent. The group Cap formed in Captain America was the founding of what becomes SHIELD. I would have the old grizzled veteran Dum Dum Dugan mentor young Fury like Hal Jordan's Killawog. He also meets old Howard Stark who has been building weapons for the group since Captain America 1.
Becoming an Agent introduces him to La Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine. Fury's Love interest, but more than that. She could be sort of Fury's competition to be the best agent (not that there is a competition or that he sees it that way).
It fills in the gaps between Cap 1 and Iron Man 1, with fun revelations. Like the arc reactor that Tony Stark used to create his chest thing and power his suit and his repulsar rays is the same tech Hydra used in Cap, also based on the Cosmic Cube which came from Asgard.
I'd love to see this have a very James Bond/70s flare like Steranko's art from his Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD comics.
This could also show what happened to Hydra after Cap disappeared and Fury showed up in Iron Man 1. Where did they go? Are they still around? And the answer is yes, but more hidden. After Red Skull disappeared did Hitler's men keep them around? How did they survive the end of WWII and the defeat of the Nazis? I imagine the villains could range from Armin Zola 9maybe in his robot form now), Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Hate Monger, Flag Smasher, etc. The movie should also have far reaching ramifications on the future of the Marvel movie universe. Some revaluations could be bad and dangerous.
Oh, and they could do the stuff from the comics like the secret entrance is through a barber shop.
This could be a 3 movie deal, eventually Fury looses his eye. gets gray in his hair. Becomes Director of SHIELD.

It would be a fun period movie set in the 70s, fills in the gaps of the Marvel movie universe, and all that.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #45
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Nick Fury movie for 2013!
Really? That soon?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #46
The Batman
The Dark Knight

After watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I really think they should make a solo vehicle for Nick, whether they do a period film or

Show us what happens when Nick gets to Europe and starts taking out HYDRA members

If Fontaine is added to the movie as his love interest, I actually hope they don't change her skin color.

A Nick Fury film could fill out a niche that the MCU hasn't fully explored yet: The world of spies in a universe of superhumans.

Also, it would be cool to see a POC be a lead character in an MCU flick.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #47
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
After watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I really think they should make a solo vehicle for Nick, whether they do a period film or
I agree, I'd rather see a big budget show than a movie. Much like a Widow and Loki movie, I feel there unnecessary. I would propose a 6 part Netflix show, 2 eps for Black Widow, 2 for Hawkeye and 2 for Nick Fury. Interwoven stories, flashbacks etc.
It will quell the thirst for a Black Widow movie, Give Hawkeye more relevance and characterization, and some back story for Fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Show us what happens when Nick gets to Europe and starts taking out HYDRA members
If Fury goes to Europe, I hope he cross’s paths with MI-13, Pete Wisdom, Captain Britain, etc. The Agents of Shield writers hinted that MI-13 could cross over into the ABC. Covert Fury appearance would be a nice way to bring them all together.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #48
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
I agree, I'd rather see a big budget show than a movie. Much like a Widow and Loki movie, I feel there unnecessary. I would propose a 6 part Netflix show, 2 eps for Black Widow, 2 for Hawkeye and 2 for Nick Fury. Interwoven stories, flashbacks etc.
It will quell the thirst for a Black Widow movie, Give Hawkeye more relevance and characterization, and some back story for Fury.

If Fury goes to Europe, I hope he cross’s paths with MI-13, Pete Wisdom, Captain Britain, etc. The Agents of Shield writers hinted that MI-13 could cross over into the ABC. Covert Fury appearance would be a nice way to bring them all together.
Gotta say I love your idea of the Netflix stuff for Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury. Who knows if SLJ, Scar Jo, and Renner would want to do it though.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #49
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post
Gotta say I love your idea of the Netflix stuff for Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury. Who knows if SLJ, Scar Jo, and Renner would want to do it though.
It would certainly be interesting - it'd be amazingly awesome if they somehow managed to replicate the BBC model of Sherlock. Three 90 minute episodes for each character could cover a lot of ground and explore those characters with some really cool storylines.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #50
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I don't see a "Fury" film yet-- but if it did come out, it would be an ensemble.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote