The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #126
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: The under performance of WATCHMEN is proof why Marvel should not do THE ULTIMATES

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It didn't do that well. Critics generally disliked it, and it didn't do as successful as the marketing machine pushed it.
I wouldn't say generally disliked. It's got a 64% on RT, so I'd put that about lukewarm. It was more than 50/50 on like and dislike.

However, going back to my earlier sentiments, I think we can all agree that Marvel will not do an straight adaptation of The Ultimates, but I do think that it would be a very good idea to draw upon some of the ideas that the Ultimates put into play. Mostly it's in terms of stylistic choices, but I thought a few story ideas were done very well, particularly the Skrulls.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote