The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: Where does most TDK's negative feedback come from?
People who hate Batman. 8 4.57%
People who hate Heath Ledger. 5 2.86%
Purists. 10 5.71%
Burton fans. 20 11.43%
Kids. 4 2.29%
Eyecandy seekers. 1 0.57%
unsophisticatists. 2 1.14%
Hollywood elitists. 6 3.43%
People who think realism is boring. 13 7.43%
People who think its conservative. (Controversial) 4 2.29%
People who think all superhero movies should follow the same format. 19 10.86%
It makes people feel special. 39 22.29%
Other. 44 25.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #126
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Good God at the hate for this film !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Are you serious? Better then TDK? There are only a few on that list that are just as GOOD as TDK.
Better? Wow, I can see I've wasted my time here.
You win!
That's the best thing about the world I live in....different people, are allowed to have different opinions. Isn't that cool? I'm actually allowed to like or hate something that you don't feel the same way about.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #127
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Oh, pardon me for thinking you were a fanboy, when you're clearly on a TDK forum, and stating that no movie in the past 10 years is better then TDK. And I'm also sorry for assuming you were implying that I didn't know what I was talking about, when you asked if I watched the same TDK as you. How could I get that mixed up?
So, because I happen to be on the Batman board I have to be a fanboy? I don't get that.

I NEVER stated such a thing... I asked Sam Fisher, not you, to name ten films he thought were better then TDK. I also never implyed you didn't know that your talking about, I just couldn't believe what you were telling me. How could I get that mixed up? I'll tell you... you read WAY too much into what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Fisher View Post
Where was I blaming Bale for anything? All I said was his Batman voice was terrible. You act like I'm losing sleep over it.
I didn't mean YOU personaly. You guys should losen up a little. And why did you go the negative route? Why didn't you ask me the reason why I don't have a problem with the voice now? Wasn't that the point of your post?

Last edited by Alex Logan; 10-19-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #128
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

Um, you're clearly acting like a fanboy with comments like these.

Quote:
Are you serious? Better then TDK? There are only a few on that list that are just as GOOD as TDK.

Better? Wow, I can see I've wasted my time here.

You think TDK is the best film in the past 10 years? Fine. But that does not mean that everyone else has to share YOUR opinion. Why even bother responding if it's a waste of time to you?

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #129
Ipodman
Love Tension

Every movie has the good points to praise and the bad points to hate...

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #130
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow-Guardian View Post
Also, most guys and girls there are just bored, they don't really mean TDK sucks. Don't judge something you don't fully understand.
No... A LOT of people on IMDB are just dick heads. Simple as that. It's known throughout the whole internet as a cess pool.

And no I don't think TDK is a masterpiece.

My definition of a master piece is something without a single flaw. TDK has flaws. That might be hard for some of you to accept, but it's the truth.

Off the top of my head right now the only film I can think of as a bonafide masterpiece of recent times is Saving Private Ryan. Obviously there is more, but that springs to mind instantly. ****, I might go watch that now actually

Last edited by Ace of Knaves; 10-19-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #131
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
No... A LOT of people on IMDB are just dick heads. Simple as that. It's known throughout the whole internet as a cess pool.

And no I don't think TDK is a masterpiece.

My definition of a master piece is something without a single flaw. TDK has flaws. That might be hard for some of you to accept, but it's the truth.

Off the top of my head right now the only film I can think of as a bonafide masterpiece of recent times is Saving Private Ryan. Obviously there is more, but that springs to mind instantly. ****, I might go watch that now actually

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #132
Travesty
TEOL

^LOL. I'm confused why your response was the theme to Jurassic Park?

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #133
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Because I'm epic.

No I don't know either. I do love that theme tune though.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #134
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

JP = IMO, speilberg's masterpiece...lolz

Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #135
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Okay, let's clear a few things up.

Quote:
Um, you're clearly acting like a fanboy with comments like these.
I see your point and I understand why you might think so, but believe me nothing could be farther from the truth and I'll prove it.

If I was acting like a "fanboy" I'd take the high "holier than thou" road and foolishly praise TDK by saying thing like this:

"TDK is the BEST movie ever!"

"Everything any anything that come before TDK can't compare to it's greatness!"

No movie made after TDK will EVER live up to the greatness that THE GOD Chris Nolan has delivered to us!"

"YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR THINKING TDK IS NOT THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!"

Now, did I say ANY of that? No, I did not. I never said YOU HAD to agree with me. I never said you couldn't have your own opinions. I never said you or anyone else DIDN'T know what you were talking about. And I never called ANYONE an idiot.

What I did do is take the middle ground and say there are MANY films just as good as TDK. If anything, you and Mr. Travesty are acting like fanboys by declaring those ten films to be greater then TDK. Sounds like someone is baised.

Quote:
You think TDK is the best film in the past 10 years? Fine. But that does not mean that everyone else has to share YOUR opinion. Why even bother responding if it's a waste of time to you?
I also never said I thought TDK was the best film in ten years, I asked you to list ten films that were better. Why? Because everything the two of you said didn't make sense to me. What do I do when something doesn't make sense? Ask questions and do research. Why do I do that? Because I want to be more then I am, I want to learn and evolve. And most of all, I want to open my mind to perspective of others.

What a concept huh? Profound right?

I tell you something else I did over the past three days to help myself LEARN something. I asked EVERYONE I know to think of ONE "movie" in the past ten years that THEY thought was better than TDK. Friends, family, coworkers, ect. Do you know they said? They listed many great films, but not ONE that THEY thought was better. You want a couple of the respones?

"I loved the Joker. What that Heath guy did was amazing!"

"Even if you were to take away Batman's costume and the Joker makeup you could make the film about anyone and you would still have the best "good vs evil" story I've seen."

I must have asked around 20 or 30 people and not even one thought there's been a better "movie" in the past ten years. Sounds like someone is baised.

The reason I said "I'm wasting my time here." is because I thought the two of you were baised against TDK.

Now, you can believe the calm and rational explanation that I just gave you or...

You can believe that I'm a raging fanboy running around pushing my ideas on everyone and calling them idiots when they don't agree.

The choice is yours.

Last edited by Alex Logan; 10-19-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #136
Sam Fisher
Heavy Meddle

Why would you think we were biased against it? Travesty answered your question exactly{even if you wanted "me" to answer it}, and yet you still responded with "oh I see I wasted my time here". You asked me what 10 films were better than TDK, so I "assumed" you thought very highly of it. You may not think you were acting like one, but you were. True, you did not say TDK was the best film in the past 10 years, but from your responses, it sure seemed liked it.

So why don't we get back on topic here, shall we? Because there's really no point in debating this.

I TRUST IN THE SPIDER-MAN REBOOT

Last edited by Sam Fisher; 10-19-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Sam Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #137
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
I see your point and I understand why you might think so, but believe me nothing could be farther from the truth and I'll prove it.

If I was acting like a "fanboy" I'd take the high "holier than thou" road and foolishly praise TDK by saying thing like this:

"TDK is the BEST movie ever!"

"Everything any anything that come before TDK can't compare to it's greatness!"

No movie made after TDK will EVER live up to the greatness that THE GOD Chris Nolan has delivered to us!"

"YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR THINKING TDK IS NOT THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!"

Now, did I say ANY of that? No, I did not.
Then why did you quote El Payso, who said, "TDK is a masterpiece. So much I don't mind to find a couple of details in it that I would want to improve. But it's a masterpiece.", to which you replied, "Agreed, I would love to see what films the haters think are good." ? You basically said that it was a "masterpiece", and that there is no film better....and I don't care for your "just as good" excuse, because the way you're coming off doesn't sound like that at all. I apologize if you are, but again, that's not how it sounds in the slightest.

Quote:
And I never called ANYONE an idiot.
When you say things like, "I don't know why I waste my time on this", then it makes it seem like anything we just said is ridiculous, and basically sounding like we were idiots for thinking that other films could/are better then TDK. If you didn't mean that, then my bad, but it's kind of hard to understand that, when it's basically there in black and white, with no explanation, until now.

Quote:
What I did do is take the middle ground and say there are MANY films just as good as TDK. If anything, you and Mr. Travesty are acting like fanboys by declaring those ten films to be greater then TDK. Sounds like someone is baised.
How are we fanboys if we're saying there are better movies out there? And I don't see how you could say most films are just as good, do you have a rating scale form 1 to 2? It's either bad or good? It just doesn't make sense, when you're trying to say you're not defending the movie as much as you are. I don't care that you like it so much, but it's just strange that any movie made in the past 10 years isn't better then TDK, it can only be just as good.

Quote:
I also never said I thought TDK was the best film in ten years, I asked you to list ten films that were better. Why? Because everything the two of you said didn't make sense to me.
The first thing I said, was my list, so I don't know why you're trying to pull me into that?

Quote:
The reason I said "I'm wasting my time here." is because I thought the two of you were baised against TDK.
How did you get that from us? We both said we think the movie is good, just not as good as people make it out to be, and yes, we both think there are a lot of other movies in the past 10 years that are batter then TDK. I'm sure if I go around to 20-30 people, and ask them to name 10 movies that they thought were better, I'm sure I could come up with a good list form multiple amount of people, but this still wouldn't change my opinion on what I think about the movie. So, I don't really care what 20-30 people, that I don't know, had to say about the movie. The movie broke box office records, I'm very aware that a lot of people enjoyed it enough to pay to go see it multiple times(myself including), but it still doesn't change the fact.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #138
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

People at IMDB are trolls anyway, not everyone has to love The Dark Knight so everyone has their opinions but some do give idiotic reasons to hate the movie.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #139
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

whoever asked about moves that are better than TDK...well...

the dark knight was epic, but just so you know, requiem for a dream is better.
so there is a film made in the last 10 years thats better.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #140
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Requiem for a Dream, if you ever want to severely depress yourself then watch that movie.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #141
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Requiem for a Dream, if you ever want to severely depress yourself then watch that movie.
Hehe, it is a very good movie, but I remember I had to go for a walk after I watched that movie, just to get my mind away form what I just watched....but that was kind of the point of the movie.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #142
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Hehe, it is a very good movie, but I remember I had to go for a walk after I watched that movie, just to get my mind away form what I just watched....but that was kind of the point of the movie.
Yep...not all great movies are made to be watched over and over in a short period of time. Schindler's List is a fantastic movie....but I don't plan fun weekends around watching it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #143
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Quote:

it's a good movie, IMO, araonfsky's best.

Quote:
I remember after I saw that I didnt want so much as a sip of wine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Yep...not all great movies are made to be watched over and over in a short period of time. Schindler's List is a fantastic movie....but I don't plan fun weekends around watching it.
well im reading the novel now...i swear, the way selby writes it...soo hard.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #144
SurgeonGirl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Agreed. Pan's Labrinth.

TDK? It was decent, fun, and dark. Basically a psychology major's dream.

SurgeonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #145
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Then take a long shower afterwords.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #146
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Then take a long shower afterwords.
o_O

Do showers cheer you up?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #147
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
o_O

Do showers cheer you up?
No, but they make you clean after watching such a dirty feelling film.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #148
Visceral
Side-Kick

Everyone is entitled to be an *******.

Personally I can't understand why people wouldn't like the film its perfect, but whenever there is an outstanding emotion for something. In this case love. there is a reverse reaction.

I remember when the pokemon fad was going around and I saw a news report for a bunch of hate sites devoted to destroying pokemon.

I don't think I get that, but I understand it exists.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #149
Ipodman
Love Tension

I can accept (or learn to accept) anything nowadays.... with the few exceptions every now and then... Dragonball Evolution

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #150
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The IMDB boards are full of retards, nobody should take anything they say there seriously.

That being said, disliking TDK doesn't make one a troll or hater. I loved the TDK but I do hate most of the overbarring fans and it isn't even my favorite comicbook movie let along best flick of the past 10 years. But anybody who thinks that are intitled to their opinions.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 10-21-2009 at 02:54 AM.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote