The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #26
Rac
Deadite

Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I wonder how Edgar's gonna feel about that.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

I would love to see Pixar Ant-Man movie. Although, I am very interested in Edgar Wright's live action movie as well. It seems though Wright's movie has been dragging it's feet with his other projects.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #28
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Well, you guys know that John Carter of Mars is being done by Pixar, right? Who's to say Edgar Wright's Ant-Man cant be done with Pixar as well?

Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #29
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

This is great news.

Yes, I imagine it will be live action. Pixar's employees are not just animation enthusiasts; They are film enthusiasts. Given they're already planning a live action film, and have some sort of a working relationship with Wright,, why wouldn't they do his Ant-Man?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
Old 09-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #30
david icke
Banned User

Edgar Wright has been talking about doing Ant-Man for years now, I always wondered whether he would ever get around to it. He's just done Scott Pilgrim, say that does well and he wants to do a sequel to that, never mind any other projects he's thinking about.
If he's still working for Pixar I think Brad Bird would be perfect for Ant-Man, he could do a very funny movie but still pull out the amazing comicbook action moments.
Maybe an Edgar Wright Ant-Man would be a little too self concious about the fact it was a superhero movie instead of just keeping it simple and smart. If he has been deliberating on it for this long maybe he hasn't got a grip yet on what kind of Ant-Man movie he wants to make.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #31
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Well, you guys know that John Carter of Mars is being done by Pixar, right? Who's to say Edgar Wright's Ant-Man cant be done with Pixar as well?
I forgot about that, so the Pixar version could be live action.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #32
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yes, because nothing will scream Pixar family entertainment like Hank slapping the **** out of Janet Van Dyne.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
This week Entertainment Weekly ran some unsourced bit of fluff in their coverage of the Disney/Marvel deal that said something along the lines of 'Pixar already has their eye on Ant Man.' And of course everybody on the internet simply ran with it. But I knew that didn't sound right, not for the least reason being that Edgar Wright is working on that movie (or was, before Scott Pilgrim vs the World started up). So I dropped Edgar an email asking him to clear this up, and he sure did.

"I am still attached to Ant Man and indeed am still working on a second draft with Joe Cornish. That had to take a back seat while I worked on Scott Pilgrim, but am keen to get back into it once I get into post.

I just spoke to Kevin Feige for the first time since I wrapped and we are meeting this week to discuss the next phase. It's been something that I have worked on for over five years on and off. There's even a treatment I wrote that dates even further back than that.

It's true that the character is not considered one of the Marvel brand leaders and that is precisely what excites me about it. I want to make a film inside the Marvel Universe that is something a little different; a genre film within the superhero genre so to speak.

The news that Pixar is involved is not wholly accurate and a little premature to comment on. I love Pixar's work more than anyone and indeed would love to collaborate with them.

I'm not sure though that they would want to do a 'shrinking' film as a Pixar animation - since Toy Story and A Bug's Life already cover this territory to some extent. Am guessing that someone just speculated on the 'bug' angle and tried to put two and two together.

My spin on Ant Man is very different than a straight superhero origin - and very much live action.

At some point in this century, I intend to stop talking about it and make the damn thing."

There you have it.

SOURCE

Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #34
Rac
Deadite

Good.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #35
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
I had lunch with the cool , young director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and, as you’d imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero
http://twitter.com/smilinstanlee/status/8869158262

Quote:
Dinner last night with @edgarwright on his home turf.
http://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/8803593323

Sounds like it's still a go

Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #36
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/09/...ant-man-movie/

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #37
Spidey-Quad
Side-Kick

Man, reading the replies to the Super Hero Hype Main Page I can't believe the "hate" from DC fans. What did Henry Pym ever do to them? I hope this movie reaches it's potential cause it could really rock. As far as everyone bemoaning "Egg Head" as a villain. Nobody said it has to be him. Use someone else or make a new one. I would love to see Hank take on an enviromental enemy. Like Brand Corp. which A.I.M. is really behind. And as someone else mentioned, Imagine Hank making and ant human size and controlling it! Ant-Man can be huge with the right imaginative writing!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #38
Jordacar
The Endless One

Latest entry in my ongoing series, Superheroes that need movies NOW: ANT MAN
Quote:
Yes, I’m actually serious.

The comic:
Henry Pym started out as just another wacky science hero who could shrink and talk to ants, but soon blossomed into one of the most complex characters in the Marvel U. He’s one of the founding Avengers (along with Iron Man and Thor) and he’s a top scientist with an intellect rivaling Tony Stark and Mr. Fantastic. Later on came Scott Lang, a good-natured ex-con who took up the Ant-Man identity after Pym abandoned it for other super-monikers.

The movie:
Of course, much of the above wouldn’t be covered in a solo movie. More likely, an origin story would be a light-hearted, effects-filled adventure focusing on Hank first discovering the Pym particles that allow him to shrink to ant-size or grow to giant-size at will, developing his patented gadgetry to communicate with ants, and meeting his future wife Janet Van Dyne, aka The Wasp (another founding Avenger). There has also been talk of the film featuring both Hank Pym and Scott Lang.

Suggested director: Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) is already all over this one, see below.

Could it happen?
Edgar Wright first talked about tackling the project way back in 2006, but the project was put on hold when Wright instead made another comic-to-screen adaptation Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. With that film now in the can, it seems Wright has renewed his interest in the project, including meeting with Stan Lee and working on a new draft of the script with writer Joe Cornish.

Wright has explained that since the scientist-turned-superhero is not a priority tentpole, he and Marvel Entertainment’s Kevin Feige are focusing on getting a script that works before they consider filling out the Avengers roster. If Marvel decides to move on this, it could easily get made before the Avengers movie drops in Summer 2012, setting the stage for Ant-Man to join the Marvel movie pantheon alongside Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 AM   #39
w00dy

Yes, this is great news.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #40
FaT_tONle
Banned User

It won't make 2012. Unless they push Avengers back a year for this.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I think Avengers will end up being pushed back anyway. I could be wrong of course.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #42
conan69
Cimmerian

Im starting to sound like a broken record on this subject, but IMHO this movie should have been a priority once they decided they really wanted to make Avengers a reality.

It could have introduced Pym,involved with or working for SHIELD, Janet,Ultron as a form of primitive AI intelligence created by Pym, and prob another character like Hawkeye... well you have a great foundation for the Avengers movie right there!!

Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and CaptA singles films along with Antman... Youve introduced the audience to the characters and you wouldnt have to waste so much time setting up Avengers when that film finally comes around.

Antman really could have been the beginning of the Avengers story and IMHO has the potential to be a REALLY cool scifi movie.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #43
Jordacar
The Endless One

I don't think they'd have to push Avengers back a year to make room for this. Ant-Man isn't Spider-Man. If they start filming this at the start of 2011, they could probably get it out by first quarter 2012, and it would make a nice prelude to Avengers.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #44
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

They're not going to push back Avengers for this, but if Avengers comes out on the expected date set that they have now (the one set before the Thor or Cap films have been released), then I will be surprised. With a project this big and with so much to set up before the film comes out I really have a feeling the 2012 date is subject to change.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #45
conan69
Cimmerian

Agreed. Avengers will most likely be pushed back.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #46
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
I don't think they'd have to push Avengers back a year to make room for this. Ant-Man isn't Spider-Man. If they start filming this at the start of 2011, they could probably get it out by first quarter 2012, and it would make a nice prelude to Avengers.
Yeah, this could easily be a spring release like Watchmen, 300, Clash of the Titans, Sin City etc.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #47
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Honestly I think doing the big 3 as solo movies before Avengers makes more sense.

I mean I like Ant-Man at all, but this seems to be the right plan of action.

- CM Punk
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

I think they should make a Antman movie...AFTER Avenger. Considering they seem to want to include the Scott Land Antman along with Hank in the script Edger talked about a while ago.

We see Hank in the Avengers...and in the Antman movie we see Scott get the powers.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:11 AM   #49
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...3&itemid=13134

Hmm?

Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #50
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Sounds like a load. Wheldon isn't even confirmed and Fillion already has the papers ready to play Pym? Wouldn't shock me but still...

Closed Thread