The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #76
marcvader
Lurker #1

Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

How about wanting an amazing movie that ties into others? Is that an impossible task?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #77
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

No, but I care about the former faaaaar more then the latter. The fact that an amazing director like Wright is interested in a full Ant Man film excites me far more then how it ties into Avengers. After IM2 I think Marvel needs to step back a bit and make the films they are making work on their own because they seemed to have moved to far in the other direction.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 12-04-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #78
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

On the LA Times chat with Feige, he said Wright is working on the next draft, and should go into production sometime after The Avengers.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #79
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
No, but I care about the former faaaaar more then the latter. The fact that an amazing director like Wright is interested in a full Ant Man film excites me far more then how it ties into Avengers. After IM2 I think Marvel needs to step back a bit and make the films they are making work on their own because they seemed to have moved to far in the other direction.
That from what I recall was the stated plan with the Marvel films. After they jump the Avengers hurdle, they are going to do more modestly budgeted films with their lesser known characters.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:38 AM   #80
Stripesy Strip
Eat That, Jimmy Olsen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I felt that way watching Incredible Hulk too. With the whole "needing Hulk's blood to create super-soldiers" it felt like an infomercial for Captain America. Hell Tim Roth turned into Cap at some point in the movie.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #81
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

from
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=26922
Quote:
RUMOR: Alan Tudyk To Play Ant-Man?

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/articles/26922.jpeg[/IMG]

An anonymous scooper has given me word that Alan Tudyk of Firefly is locked in to play the role of Ant-Man in a solo film and a cameo in The Avengers, as well as some interesting stuff about heroes The Wasp and Wonder Man...
NOTE: I am not in anyway reporting this as fact. I thought I would share this email that I have been pushing back posting for close to a month just to see what your opinions were on the possibility of these casting choices.

About two weeks back I received an email from an anonymous scooper going by the name of Mister Orange(Reservoir Dogs?) claiming to be close to the production of Edgar Wright's adaption of the comic character Ant-Man. In another email unfortunately and accidentally deleted by me, Mister Orange goes on to say he is concept artist on the film and did not answer any more of my questions do to fear of saying too much.
[IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/10143/Antman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.**************.com/images/users/uploads/10143/AlanTudyk.jpg[/IMG]
Hi Mister Orange here, I am close to the production of director Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie. Now as you may have heard it was jokingly reported by The Avengers director Joss Whedon that star of his show Firefly, Actor Nathan Fillion would be Ant-Man. But I have news on the contrary, In fact another Firefly star Alan Tudyk is not only locked in for a solo film for the character, but will briefly appear in The Avengers as the character's scientist counter part Hank Pym Along with wife and fellow super hero Janet Van Dyne(both whose transformation into Ant-Man and Wasp will be shown as the after the credits scene in The Avengers). Both characters will be in the process of creating Ultron(who is set up for the villein role in the solo film). The solo film will start filming directly after The Avengers with a cameo from Wonder Man, A role that is actually being largely considered for Fillion.
sounds like BS. But if true i wouldn't complain

Old 12-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #82
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
from
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=26922
sounds like BS. But if true i wouldn't complain
Fake. Scott Lang is the main char of Wright's Ant-Man.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #83
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanreturns View Post
Fake. Scott Lang is the main char of Wright's Ant-Man.
source? i haven't heard anything to suggest Lang is the MAIN character. If anything i vaguely remember something along the lines of 50/50 with Pym. But that would have been several drafts ago before there would have been such a cohesive plan for this film universe

Old 12-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #84
Spidey-Quad
Side-Kick

SR, that was thrown out with the 1st draft. Steve is 100% correct

Old 12-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #85
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
lol they shouldnt call the movie Ant Man IMO. No one is going to randomly see a movie named Ant Man. Unless Scott Lang is Ant Man in it. If Hank Pym Ant Man is in it then they should name it "Pym" or something like that xD
So... People wouldn't randomly see a movie called Ant-Man but they'd see one called Pym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Wasn't it Colin Powell who said: "A good idea today is better than a great idea tomorrow"? Even if he produces a stunning Ant Man flick in 5 or 10 years time, it's going to be out of alignment with the current Avengers-connected films, so it will be in vain and won't matter in the end.
No matter who said it, it's not true.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #86
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I love Wright but i'm not excited at all about this one. I personally don't understand why Ant-Man is getting so much press and publicity.

As a comic book fan hes a decent character. He's not very marketable, nor popular though. I also don't think shrinking or growing as a power will translate on the big screen very well. I think it would look hokey on film. Controlling ants?, even worse.

I like the "spy thriller" idea. Mainly because you would have to alter the cannon quite a bit to make it work on film IMO. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

I think they should just make him a "support" guy in the Avengers as their tech guy, along with his wife. Maybe even have him as a Shield scientist assigned to them. That would explain the "spy tech" type talk.

There are some characters that shouldn't and probably can't carry their own movie. Without some changes Ant Man is probably one of them.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #87
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I love Wright's idea of doing fight scenes with the shrinking dynamic, since he maintains his strength- jumping around people, shrinking & punching, growing & punching- it could be really cool to see.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #88
bored
One Sexy Lemur

The "e-mail" sounds like crap, but damn would it be cool. Also, Fillion as Wonder Man would be fun (and including him and Ultron in a film would be a step closer to Vision).

G D
H S
T
Y
Old 12-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #89
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I love Wright but i'm not excited at all about this one. I personally don't understand why Ant-Man is getting so much press and publicity.

As a comic book fan hes a decent character. He's not very marketable, nor popular though. I also don't think shrinking or growing as a power will translate on the big screen very well. I think it would look hokey on film. Controlling ants?, even worse.

I like the "spy thriller" idea. Mainly because you would have to alter the cannon quite a bit to make it work on film IMO. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

I think they should just make him a "support" guy in the Avengers as their tech guy, along with his wife. Maybe even have him as a Shield scientist assigned to them. That would explain the "spy tech" type talk.

There are some characters that shouldn't and probably can't carry their own movie. Without some changes Ant Man is probably one of them.
If you know Henry Pym, you won't think shrinking and growing is his only power. His brain is his superpower like Tony Stark meaning that his power is all self-made. Tony is more of an applied physics-math/engineer guy, Pym is a biochemist par excellence and also theoretical physics. So if they can't call Reed Richards on the phone, Hank Pym is next best all-around scientist.

Marvel obviously won't have the Fantastic Four movie license for some time, Ant Man is the next best fantasy science franchise.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #90
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
If you know Henry Pym, you won't think shrinking and growing is his only power. His brain is his superpower like Tony Stark meaning that his power is all self-made. Tony is more of an applied physics-math/engineer guy, Pym is a biochemist par excellence and also theoretical physics. So if they can't call Reed Richards on the phone, Hank Pym is next best all-around scientist.

Marvel obviously won't have the Fantastic Four movie license for some time, Ant Man is the next best fantasy science franchise.

I understand that. I do know thats not his only ability, but it is the most known and obvious ones from the comic. Once I've thought about it more i'm not so against the idea.

If they don't play up the shrinking/growing and insect control it could be a good movie. Thats why I said "without some changes".

Wrights a talent and the "super spy" angle the script seems to be at sounds like a good direction.

I'll keep a more open mind about it.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #91
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Posted: May 1st, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I mentioned Doctor Strange and we know that Edgar Wright is writing Ant-Man and has turned in a draft. You guys are obviously doing The Avengers next year, but this is obviously a beast that needs to be fed especially with your partnership with Disney. When do you think you guys will announce what is coming up in 2013 or 2014?

Feige: It probably won’t be too long from now as we are figuring that out now. Clearly, if you look at the Iron Man, Spider-Man, and the X-Men films, two or three years between sequels is usually what we like to do. You don’t know if you are making sequels till the movies come out or not. So I will say that there is flux in what the release schedule could be for 2013, 2014, and maybe 2015. Then we hope to…I’m meeting with Edgar Wright tomorrow morning. It is the longest…I said to Edgar, “You didn’t realize it was like 5 years ago or maybe more than that that we met at Comic Con?” But he has the best draft yet and I think we could be in shape to do it. It’s a luxury that it has been allowed to live and breathe like that. It’s not where it was just racing to a release date. Iron Man 3 is for sure. We are actively putting it together right now. What happens beyond that? We will see. But for the first time…frankly, when we did Iron Man and Hulk we had two movies in development – Iron Man and Hulk. Now, there is more of a selection. So we can go, “What scripts are we feeling good about? What properties do we now feel that we want to bring into the forefront?”
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-inte...strange/88459/

Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #92
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

I think if they don't go crazy on the growing-shrinking CGI stuff and focus more on Pym's (or faux-Fantastic Four) gadgets some cost would be save to have a 100 million dollar or less budget movie that goes along with the slightly less earning/profit potential of Ant Man movie franchise.

Have either a promising young or a veteran actor who is willing to have small paycheck, then Marvel will have another character driven film. Essentially that's what keep Thor up amid what all the critics said about its "hasty" storyline.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #93
EditNinja
Side-Kick

Everybrody loves Adrien!
C'mon, it's gotta have a good serving of comedy throughout, and still be a a cool movie. Edgar Wright's the man!

I love all comic book movies - even the crappy ones.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #94
marcvader
Lurker #1

Hey, that's cool edit ninja but I don't get a Hank Pym vibe from him but who am I to judge and Brody is a very good actor.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #95
EditNinja
Side-Kick

^Thanks, marcvader. I sort of agree with you but I just used Brody 'cause (I think) he's publicly put his hand up to play Ant-Man.
I'll probably cut a fan-trailer using him anyway.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #96
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditNinja View Post

Everybrody loves Adrien!
C'mon, it's gotta have a good serving of comedy throughout, and still be a a cool movie. Edgar Wright's the man!

awesome!!! make it happen marvel!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #97
lopli

Ant Man is one of the few Marvel characters I know almost nothing about. I would like to learn more about him, I should definitely brush up on my history. But I just hope if they make an Ant Man movie they make it so that both comic book dorks and the general public can enjoy it, sort of like how Thor was.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #98
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EditNinja View Post

Everybrody loves Adrien!
Is that M.A.N.T.I.S.?

Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #99
EditNinja
Side-Kick

^ with a few colour mods, yep, that's MANTIS!

Oh, and I'm dropping Brody from my eventual edit - will probably use Patrick (Nite-Owl) Wilson.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #100
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Would have never thought of using MANTIS but you made it work, looks cool.

Closed Thread