The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #101
EditNinja
Side-Kick

Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Thanks, I'll get back to work on it soon...

I love all comic book movies - even the crappy ones.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #102
EditNinja
Side-Kick

Quick poster for a new fan-vid I'm working on:

Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #103
EditNinja
Side-Kick

Ant-Man Movie Trailer [Fanedit]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5vyL7F7t4

Footage & Soundbites from Splice [2009], Takers [2010], Lakeview Terrace, The Mentalist, V -The Series, M.A.N.T.I.S., Iron Man 2, The Flash, Transformers 2, Mission Impossible 3, Hollywoodland, Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Honey I Blew Up The Kid, Spartan, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the trailers for 'Wrecked' and 'Gun Hill Road'.

Music By Brand X - 'Road To Mayhem'

Inspired by popular fancasts and news that Marvel Studios have appointed Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim Vs The World) to direct this lesser-known superhero, featuring Henry (Hank) Pym (Patrick Wilson), Janet Van Dyne (Morena Baccarin), Scott Lang (Adrien Brody) - I've just added other Marvel Studios cameos. I've been wanting to do this trailer for a while, and had no way of depicting a possible Ant-Man suit till I saw the M.A.N.T.I.S. DVD set advertised in a DVD catalogue.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #104
Lord
All Mighty

Update
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/118/1183724p1.html
Quote:
Marvel's Ant-Man is one of those titles seemingly stuck in Development Hell. Is the movie happening? Is it not happening?

Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish told Comic-Con that Hank Pym's movie is definitely "on."

"We turned in a new draft [of Ant-Man] on Monday," Wright revealed during the panel for the very fun, very awesome Attack The Block. He acknowledged that the project has taken some time to develop, as both he and Block writer-director Cornish have made 3 films since they started working on the script.

"But we're very excited about it," Wright commented. "We have some concept art and we really enjoy working on it."

If everything works out with this current draft, audiences could see an Ant-Man movie sometime in 2014.
I was expecting it to be released by 2013 but since i really want to see this there's no problem in waiting one more year

Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #105
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I was hoping for a 2013 release but oh well

Old 07-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #106
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

As I said in another thread (but it's more relevant here):

He seems to have been turning in a final draft for years though. I'm sure Wright thought earlier drafts were his last one, but then he had to revise them. He probably tells himself "okay, this one really is the final draft this time!"

Ant-Man won't be ready for 2014. He should stop working on these other projects and get a move on, or Marvel should pass it onto a different director/ writer who will fast track the project. Wright could be working on this for a decade with no real movement, only to give up in the end and hand it to someone else. It would all have been a waste of time.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #107
gkokujin
Side-Kick

hmmm...so its no longer Scott Lang, its Hank Pym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #108
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Wright could be working on this for a decade with no real movement, only to give up in the end and hand it to someone else. It would all have been a waste of time.
Or he could make it and it could be good. Or they could hand it to someone who does an awful job.

Better late than never (or ****).

Old 07-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #109
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

It's probably the most anticipated Marvel movie for me, except Avengers of course, since they announced it in 08

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #110
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

My ideas:

Ant-Man:

I believe the villain should be Wonder-Man.
At the end Wonder-Man could become good(Or die)
Introduce AIM (No Modok....yet?)

Or you could just do Ulysses Claw but meh.

Introduce the concept of Ultron

Avengers 2:
Ultron as Villain, creates Vision using Wonder-Mans brain pattern.

If not in 2 then 3 But I'd like the Vision to be introduced earlier since he'd need time to develop and I'd like a future film with him as a main Avenger.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #111
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

maybe wright is taking so long because whedon is gonna use pym as a cameo. so wright needs to make some changes.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #112
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

This movie is going into some serious development hell.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #113
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
My ideas:

Ant-Man:

I believe the villain should be Wonder-Man.
At the end Wonder-Man could become good(Or die)
Introduce AIM (No Modok....yet?)

Or you could just do Ulysses Claw but meh.

Introduce the concept of Ultron

Avengers 2:
Ultron as Villain, creates Vision using Wonder-Mans brain pattern.

If not in 2 then 3 But I'd like the Vision to be introduced earlier since he'd need time to develop and I'd like a future film with him as a main Avenger.
Wonder Man shouldn't be the villain and doesn't even really have a connection to Ant-Man. Why should he die either as a possibility, otherwise that leaves him unredeemed. He should be in the Avengers instead. And the only reason Ultron uses Wonder Man's brain patterns is because they are available and to preserve them. However, there is the whole Grim Reaper (Eric Williams) connection. He is the real driving force behind Wonder Man as a baddie, and he ought to feature in the Wonder Man story.

For Ant-Man, the villain should be Whirlwind at least, with Ultron being introduced, but only as a robot at the time and not a full-on villain until maybe towards the end. Then Ultron, like Loki, can gain tremendous power and take on the entire Avengers for Avengers 2.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #114
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think AIM with Modok should be the villains in Ant-Man movie. Also He should start off as Ant-Man but soon after discover his able to change to Giant-Man and swith between the two like he does at the moment.

At the end Pym could create Ultron leading on to him being a villain the potential Ant-Man or Avengers sequel.

Hank Pym should be Ant-Man and the story line should include his first wife Maria and Janets father who Hank could work for being killed by AIM instead of the Soviets to get his newly discovered Pym Particles.

Pym is recruited by Shield to help bring down AIM a off shot of Hydra. He teams up with Janet out for revenge for here fathers death. They become Ant-Man and Wasp.

Bill Foster can make an apperance as Pyms best friend and colleague. Scott Lang can be a Shield agent with Agent Coulson who are Hank Pyms handlers. With Lang taking the Pyms formula at the end of the movie to help fight Hydra.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #115
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
This movie is going into some serious development hell.
No, it's coming *out* of development hell.
It's been in development hell since 2006. Right now is the closest this film has *ever* been to actually getting shot.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #116
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I just don't think this project is getting off the ground. It's been five years. Scott Pilgrim flopped. Wright is going to have to make something sooner or later and it isn't going to be Ant-Man.

- CM Punk
Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #117
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Marvel should give this to someone else other than Wright if he's going to take this long. He doesn't seem very efficient or productive as a film maker.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #118
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Marvel should give this to someone else other than Wright if he's going to take this long. He doesn't seem very efficient or productive as a film maker.
What's the rush? I doubt there's anybody who could take the concept of Ant-Man and turn it into an interesting movie but Edgar Wright. Hell, almost half the people I've seen mention their wanting to see the movie is because of Wright.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #119
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

The hell is up with you people? I thought you guys were film geeks too, you should know Edgar Wright is a ****ing powerhouse behind the camera that almost everyone in Hollywood respects and loves. His films don't make much money? Yeah, but everyone knows his movies are ace, including Feige who has repeatedly said that Edgar can take his time. It's not like a Hollywood AND cult favorite director isn't gonna be in demand because one of his (very well-made) movies flopped, like "oh man, Wright excels at his job but his movie didn't make much- he's BOX OFFICE POISON!" Feige has shown this. This actually sounds reminiscent of another scenario where a flopped movie's director was hired- Serenity, anyone?

Hell, Wright has stated this movie is his next project and once he focuses his attention there it will get done. Both Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz had first drafts an unusually long amount of years before they even picked up a camera for them.

And yeah, the only reason I'm excited for Ant-Man (Marvel making it has me interested, not excited) is that Wright is at the helm. He can take another decade and I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Last edited by Son of Coul; 08-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #120
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think it's very convenient that Ant-Man is tied up in development. For all his positive qualities, Ant-Man is redundant in the Avengers, but not including him is an affront to some fans... being a founding Avenger is often his claim to fame. But with it tied up, there's no need to worry about him being included. Wright can 'take his time' as far as Feige is concerned. It's nice, and interesting.

That said, I hope he's a scientist and not a secret agent though, at least if its Hank, and it really should be Hank. And I hope Jan is more effective than she's often portrayed.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #121
Rac
Deadite

Let Edgar take his time. We've had enough of rushed projects (Iron Man 2, Cap, etc.).

Feige himself said Ant-Man is not a priority, and that's the reason they've let it breath.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 AM   #122
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I just don't think this project is getting off the ground. It's been five years. Scott Pilgrim flopped. Wright is going to have to make something sooner or later and it isn't going to be Ant-Man.
I agree

They need to hire someone new and not Edgar Wright.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #123
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

I wouldn't write Scott Pilgrim off.
Yes, it did poorly at the box office, and the mainstream critics were pretty meh; but among geekdom and indie filmdom, the movie is already attaining something of a cult movie status. Even though the big boys shied away from it, the bloggers and indiesphere gushed and ranked it high on their Top 10 lists for 2010.

Like most of Wright's stuff, it's more of a cult movie. And I'm sure that's exactly the direction he wants to take Ant-Man; I'm just not so sure that's the direction that Feige wants for the character.

But to be perfectly honest, as a solo project, I don't think you *can* play Ant-Man with a straight face. It doesn't need to be a broad farce, but I think if Wright applies the right blend of subtle parody and homage to the film, like he has his other "genre studies," this really could be another great cult flick.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #124
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I wouldn't write Scott Pilgrim off.
Yes, it did poorly at the box office, and the mainstream critics were pretty meh; but among geekdom and indie filmdom, the movie is already attaining something of a cult movie status. Even though the big boys shied away from it, the bloggers and indiesphere gushed and ranked it high on their Top 10 lists for 2010.

Like most of Wright's stuff, it's more of a cult movie. And I'm sure that's exactly the direction he wants to take Ant-Man; I'm just not so sure that's the direction that Feige wants for the character.

But to be perfectly honest, as a solo project, I don't think you *can* play Ant-Man with a straight face. It doesn't need to be a broad farce, but I think if Wright applies the right blend of subtle parody and homage to the film, like he has his other "genre studies," this really could be another great cult flick.
The mainstream critics weren't that indifferent, it got an 81% on RT at least. Which was better than I expected when I went to check just now.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #125
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Ultron should be the villain. This will in no way hinder him from being the villain in an Avengers movie. I'd say feature ALL the Ant-Man, with Lang and O'Grady as criminals who steal pym's stuff and get into hijinks. You can still have Whirlwind as a henchman, but you gotta have a personal mastermind villain, and the only one Pym has is Ultron. You could, and maybe should, sub out Paladin for Whirlwind, as Paladin doubles as a romantic foil and early action foe. Throw in Bill Foster as supporting cast, and you've got a very nice group of people.

But I think Wright is going to do his own thing with Ant-Man, which is cool, but I'm not sure he's as in love with the source material as he was on Scott Pilgrim.

Closed Thread