Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #626
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel MMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Ok so I ordered one of the premium pack with my prepaid credit card and the stupid site went and canceled it as soon as I Ordered. I tried re buying it since it did that and it keep saying you can only buy one per pack. I requested an answer from their billing support. so far this is really stupid. I'm gonna wait but if they keep my money with that screw up there's gonna be trouble.
That sucks ...I hope they work this out quickly for you. What pack did you get?

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #627
zenith16
Side-Kick

well I was hoping i'd just surprise people. But I'll leave one hint it has the marvel now Rocket Raccoon in it. I have a letter back from them they said since it was canceled my money may not have been taken from my card . that doesn't explain why it's not letting me repurchase that pack though. they said I might want to try or buy another credit card. It look's like it'll be a bit before I join you. though I have some fact checking to do first. Oh marvel why do you keep failing me?

Last edited by zenith16; 01-28-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #628
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

They brought back the bonus currency for a little while for the Founder's Program. I have read on other boards of a lot of people complaining that they wanted some more time.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...unders-program

I upgraded to the Ultimate Pack and have no regrets. I've enjoyed the limited closed Beta and I can see myself playing for a long while. Bonus cash will go to new character releases....hoping to finish out the Fantastic 4 and get Psylocke and Beast!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #629
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
They brought back the bonus currency for a little while for the Founder's Program. I have read on other boards of a lot of people complaining that they wanted some more time.

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...unders-program

I upgraded to the Ultimate Pack and have no regrets. I've enjoyed the limited closed Beta and I can see myself playing for a long while. Bonus cash will go to new character releases....hoping to finish out the Fantastic 4 and get Psylocke and Beast!
how does it play? Is it really as reminiscent of MuA as it looks or is there alot more to it

Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #630
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I cannot talk about content in the closed beta b/c of the nondisclosure agreement however I'll tell you what I can; i.e. information that can be gained from watching the gameplay videos that have been released.

I think it plays more like the Diablo games than the MUA games. Both are similar to eachother in perspective but Diablo has a much more open world feel, w/ side objectives and maps that change over time so you don't play the same board very often, while the MUA games were very linear. The graphics of MH seems better than MUA. The moves of MH, like MUA, are rooted in the source material so they will naturally be similar. That said, in MUA2 you could only have 4 special moves while in Marvel Heroes you have more b/c you have mapped keys like most MMOs. MUA offered one alternate costume while MH offers many. MUA allowed you to control a team of 4 (you and 3 bots) while MH focuses on perfecting your specific character and any teammates you have around you are other players.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #631
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I cannot talk about content in the closed beta b/c of the nondisclosure agreement however I'll tell you what I can; i.e. information that can be gained from watching the gameplay videos that have been released.

I think it plays more like the Diablo games than the MUA games. Both are similar to eachother in perspective but Diablo has a much more open world feel, w/ side objectives and maps that change over time so you don't play the same board very often, while the MUA games were very linear. The graphics of MH seems better than MUA. The moves of MH, like MUA, are rooted in the source material so they will naturally be similar. That said, in MUA2 you could only have 4 special moves while in Marvel Heroes you have more b/c you have mapped keys like most MMOs. MUA offered one alternate costume while MH offers many. MUA allowed you to control a team of 4 (you and 3 bots) while MH focuses on perfecting your specific character and any teammates you have around you are other players.
Actually, the MUA and XML game characters had 4 costumes each. Just sayin'.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #632
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I am totally stoked for this game. I NEED it.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #633
zenith16
Side-Kick

new video up on the making of the characters.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

source: marvel's youtube page

Old 02-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #634
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

^^ That was a cool behind-the-scenes video. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some new costume or something in there but it was not to be.

I did see the Human Torch make a huge flaming circle w/ a 4 in it on the ground and that looked pretty awesome. Looking forward to the launch of this game.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #635
zenith16
Side-Kick

I managed to pay for that pack I'm just waiting for an email for my promo code to be let in the beta so i can join you. I have an invoice via e-mail that showed I paid as well. So I'm just waiting.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #636
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes shared a link

3 hours ago

Curious to hear some details on how Marvel Heroes development is going? David Brevik spoke with Digital Trends about Marvel Heroes, the Closed Beta, and some new gameplay information!

Check out the interview to learn about the new crafting system, how the Marvel Heroes team uses community feedback and much more!

Diablo creator David Brevik is back for more with Marvel Heroes | Digital Trends

www.digitaltrends.com
David Brevik made a huge mark on the gaming industry when he helped to create Diablo. Now he's back with Marvel Heroes, and hopes to do it again.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #637
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

^ Good stuff. I've noticed they really do respond to Beta players feedback.

I really wish they would make some more character announcements but it seems they are buckling down and smothing out the mechanics of the game itself this point. Fingers crossed for Psylocke.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #638
zenith16
Side-Kick

wow I have serious bad luck with this thing. I was on tweeter to day and saw them say to another "tweeter/ poster" that they send in the beta code with in a week after you purchase the pack of your choosing. Of which I have an invoice saying i completed in my e-mail and my account at Marvel Heroes site. so I told them on tweeter. they said they will investigate on their tweeter page too . I've sent in the details to their
costumer support to day as well since I was supposed to have received this . some time ago from the 1th of February.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #639
zenith16
Side-Kick

Ok so I received a letter from them now they said, They only send a beta code to those that purchased the "ultimate pack" now. Since mine was premium that no longer is a part of the beta code requirements. Which means I'll only be let in closer to launch, which is little pointless in testing out this thing and helping them out with finding al the falws before launch. And it's too expensive.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-11-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #640
zenith16
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

source Marvel Heroes twitter.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #641
zenith16
Side-Kick

Brushing up on Marvel Heroes' super-sized beta update

(1 day ago)
Betas, Super-hero, Previews, Free-to-play, Marvel Heroes, Crafting

While we've had several occasions to check out Marvel Heroes' journey through the beta process, Gazillion Entertainment wanted us to know that our previous glimpses are now obsolete. The makers of this superhero action-RPG have implemented a major beta update that has virtually transformed the look, feel, and function of the game.

We spoke with Gazillion about the update, which clearly is a major step toward a finalized release version. The most obvious change to Marvel Heroes is a revamp of its user interface. The UI has been streamlined and modernized, with a crisper look and more color overall. The placeholder minimap has been scrapped and replaced with a new radar that functions in perspective, a friends list is now in place, and new arrow icons float around the edges of your screen to direct you to nearby events. And since loot is quite vital to the appeal of the game, the devs made sure to color-code all of the icons so that telling item rarity is an instant and effortless process.

There are a few more surprises that were announced today, so hit the jump and we'll walk you through them! Continue Reading

Source: Massively & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 02-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #642
zenith16
Side-Kick

Register for a chance to win an Ultimate Pack!

February 15th, 2013
Between now and 2/27/13 we are going to be giving away an Ultimate Pack EVERY DAY to a lucky registered user!

CONTINUE READING

source:MarvelHeroes.com

Old 02-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #643
zenith16
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

source:Marvel Heroes twitter, via Curse Networks twitter.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #644
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

^ Awesome trailer! Wolverine's part was pretty funny.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mGTQmown_o&feature=youtu.be

Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #645
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I wish these guys would quit piddling around and give us a release date so I can start saving my pennies.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #646
Nathan

Saving for what? It'll be free to play.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #647
ApolloChrist

Hey guys,
New here.

This twitter page is offering a BETA key when it reaches 100 followers.
Only 36 to go!

https://twitter.com/DailyMarvelite

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #648
zenith16
Side-Kick

Thanks. But it only applies to those of us "State side of north America." as they mentioned on their main twitter them selves. I'm sure the others that are eligible will be grateful. So it'll be well worth their time if they make it in or will be happy with the attempt.

Last edited by zenith16; 02-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #649
ApolloChrist

Only 20 followers to go.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #650
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

I got invited to the closed beta and practically played all day. I suppose this is "Diablo-like" but I unfortunately have to play any of those games...for now. I enjoyed it, I played as Scarlet Witch for a while...then discovered I could get Spider-Man in the store!

I hope controller support is being considered for the game, I am awful with keyboard and mouse.

Last edited by Doc Ock; 03-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread