Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #776
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel MMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Man, I was really jazzed to try this out over the open beta weekend since I saw Thor's available... and then I found out they shut the servers down. I'm trying to be patient but it's been friggin' hours. I just want to smite some b****es. Is that so much to ask?
so in light of what happened to player's like corp here there has been an extension. It should be in your E-mails. But in case you didn't set up your accounts for that news letter of MH which you should have . this is what it said.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7600/extended.PNG

source: from Marvel heroes

so you can play til tuesday

Last edited by zenith16; 05-13-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #777
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Ugh, no new characters til after launch.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #778
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post

Need the rest of the Fantastic Four and Psylocke and then I'm happy.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 05-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #779
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
for those of us that made it in the private beta we'll still see and test them beefor launch but they won't out at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post

Need the rest of the Fantastic Four and Psylocke and then I'm happy.
we'll see on psylocke so far from what I remember on twitter night crawler and kitty pryde and gambit are more demanded I don't many people calling out for psylocke. it doesn't mean she won't show. but I think if they see enough demand it's more likely she'll show up.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-13-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #780
Tanin
Vladeck

Playing it now..... Feels like Diablo 3 in the Marvel universe.
And I like Diablo 3. So great fun!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #781
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
When Marvel Heroes announced that Squirrel Girl, Emma Frost, Nova, and Luke Cage would be delayed until after the game had launched, it was bad news, depriving the game of three popular heroes and Nova until later.
What is this...."three popular heroes AND NOVA???" Implying that he's *not* a popular hero? GRRRRRRR

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #782
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What is this...."three popular heroes AND NOVA???" Implying that he's *not* a popular hero? GRRRRRRR
lol head to the link that one wasn't me . I do have issue's with sam but . that wasn't me. oh Rick alot of people want you back.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #783
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok so the final open beta is over . I hope all of you were smart enough that any buddies you made you told them to add you as a buddy on the beta forum, cause your buddies list will be long gone with the coming patch/ wipe.

But we'll likely get to test some new characters and we'll get to see the ultimate power's ability's when out characters are at max level and we can add to that ability's strength when we pick up the same character as a drop.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #784
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I miss it already. I got Thor up to level 21 and Hawkeye to 15. Both a lot of fun, although Hawkeye took a bit longer to get used to (going from a tank to very much not a tank is a bit of an adjustment). I loved the mechanics. Yeah, they essentially stole them wholesale from Diablo, but it works really well and still provides for fun gameplay over a decade after Blizzard perfected it. The GUI was really nice, too. Usually MMOs have irritatingly enormous GUIs with an overload of information but this game's was streamlined and allowed me to just sit back and enjoy the game. Crafting was strangely addictive too.

I marked down June 4th on my calendar and I'm looking forward to hopping into the full game. I don't currently intend to spend a single penny on it, but who knows what'll happen down the line? I didn't actually get any character drops during my entire 20 hours or so of the open beta, so I may end up having to buy Thor at some point, if I get too impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
lol head to the link that one wasn't me . I do have issue's with sam but . that wasn't me. oh Rick alot of people want you back.
Rich.

Last edited by TheCorpulent1; 05-14-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #785
slim_summers
Mutant Revolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's because it's new Nova, and he isn't a patch on real Nova. Who I would love to see in the game incidentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I miss it already. I got Thor up to level 21 and Hawkeye to 15. Both a lot of fun, although Hawkeye took a bit longer to get used to (going from a tank to very much not a tank is a bit of an adjustment)
Yepz, I went from Colossus to Cyclops and found something similar..!

Quote:
Who would you like to see Spoons? There's no chance but I would love for them to put Magik and Hank Pym in as playables. Would also like to see Namor there which seems more feasible.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #786
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_summers View Post
Who would you like to see Spoons? There's no chance but I would love for them to put Magik and Hank Pym in as playables. Would also like to see Namor there which seems more feasible.
Beast, Gladiator, Iron Fist, and WonderMan

Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #787
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'd really love to see them make the Vision playable. I hope the fact that he has a role in Avengers Tower doesn't preclude that (although, given the dozens of Thors, Iron Men, Black Widows, etc. I saw running around, that doesn't seem like it should be a problem). And, of course, the Black Knight would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #788
Jennifer Walters
Attorney at Law

Gladiator would be fun.

Don't see him playable in much.

I've honestly wanted him to be an Avenger for the longest.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #789
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

As much as I cite the whole "comics don't need to be realistic" mantra, it would kind of strain my suspension of disbelief for the king of a whole space empire way out on the other side of the galaxy to commute between Earth and his throne just to play hero with some Earthlings that he doesn't particularly care about.

Also, I love your avatar, Bill. I'm glad Gillen picked up America after Vengeance. She's fun.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #790
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Gladiator would be fun.

Don't see him playable in much.

I've honestly wanted him to be an Avenger for the longest.
Yeah, that's why I'm diggin Hickman throwing Hyperion on the team.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #791
Jennifer Walters
Attorney at Law

Thanks Corp! It was great to see she wasn't one of those characters that just falls to the wayside about being awesome in a mini that was kind of ''meh" IMO at least.

Yeah, I suppose Hyperion's a suitable replacement for Gladiator. I'm also digging Smasher too.

I'm gonna need my She Hulk in this though. And some Runaways/Young Avengers could be awesome too. I'm hoping they dare to be as ''out there" with their selections as the Facebook game when it comes to playable heroes.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #792
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh, I loved Vengeance. It was weird and I didn't know what to make of it for several issues, but I came out the other end of it having really enjoyed it.

And yeah, I hope they get to a lot of the lesser-known characters. I saw something on the Gazillion forums that basically said they intended to keep releasing characters over time, so they've gotta burn through all the big names eventually. Hell, most of the really big names are in the starting roster. I'll definitely be interested to see who's shown up like 6 months or a year from release.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #793
Jennifer Walters
Attorney at Law

I mean the Facebook game has like Tigra, Rescue, Black Knight, etc, etc.

And I'd really like the chance to play some of those types of characters in a game, but no way in hell am I going on Facebook to do it.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #794
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator

I haven't played the FB game in ages. I didn't know Dane was on there now. I doubt I'll play it again, but that's nice to know.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #795
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok I picked up an E-mail news letter while I was out . Cable is in the they wiped every thing already. but characters like BP and DD have new costumes too . and you get to try out the new characters as I said. have fun.

Here's the patch notes
Quote:

Ryolnir

Patch Notes: Closed Beta Build 1.0.2447.0 - May 14th, 2013
Please note: these are VERY abbreviated patch notes. A detailed version is coming soon.

We have wiped in-game progress with this new patch and apologize for the inconvenience!

Content Additions

New Playable Character:

• The wild man of Borneo, Cable enters the fight! Cable uses a combination of futuristic weaponry and mental based powers as well as various tactics abilities. Acquire him from the in-game store or as a drop to play as this futuristic warrior!

Ultimate Powers
  • Every hero now has an Ultimate Power! Ultimate Powers are extremely powerful attacks that heroes learn upon reaching level 30. After unlocking, you can level these powers up by finding duplicate “hero tokens” from end game bosses.

Basic Guilds
  • Form a guild with your friends and take down evil together. Guilds will receive their own chat channel, your guild name will be displayed above your heroes’ head and you’ll be able to keep track of all of your guild members through new UI features. Players can purchase the ability to create guilds from War Machine using found credits.

Endgame
Defeating Doctor Doom was only the beginning with new Replayable End Game Missions! Players can receive rare loot be experiencing one or all of three exciting gameplay modes.
  • Daily Missions – Navigate an instance to defeat a super-villain boss. Daily missions can be completed solo or with a group. Difficulty for these missions will scale with the number of players in your group.
  • Group Challenges – The goal of group challenges is to navigate an instance and close three “Energy Rifts,” then defeat the super-villain boss occupying that instance. Each group challenge is designed for a group of five player; these challenges will be extremely difficult to solo.
  • Survival Challenges – The goal of a survival challenge is to overcome waves of enemies that culminate in a super-villain boss. Each wave lasts a set amount of time and, at the end of that time, all remaining enemies vanish. Shortly afterward, the next wave begins and more enemies will appear. The final wave is a boss which has no time limit.

Doop!
  • Doop will now randomly appear throughout the game! If you spot this otherworldly creature, make sure to attack him quickly to find out what your reward will be.

Tabbed Stash
  • Your Stash now has three different sections for all of your loot. General items can be stored in your general Stash section, Hero specific items can be stored in the section associated with your hero, and crafting items can be stored in the crafting section.

New Costumes
  • Black Panther – Tribal Costume
  • Black Panther – Armored Panther Costume
  • Cable – Original Costume
  • Cable – Classic X-Force Costume
  • Cable – Armored Cyborg Costume
  • Daredevil – Armored Costume
  • Daredevil – Secret War Costume
  • Hawkeye – Old Man Logan Costume
  • Rocket Raccoon – Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel NOW!
  • Rocket Raccoon - Original Green Costume
  • Scarlet Witch – Heroes Reborn Costume
  • Wolverine – Leather Fang

Fortune Cards!

These cards can be purchased via the in-game store, from Gambit, or can be acquired as drops from end game bosses. These mysterious cards include a ton of exciting items including pet unlocks, costumes and more.

New Items In The Store

• Crafter Summon
  • Stash Summon
  • Vendor Summon
  • Cosmic Key – Gives Access Daily End Game Missions
  • Stash tab crafting – tab used exclusively for crafting materials
  • Stash tab hero – tab used to store gear specific to, or bound to a specific hero

Changes

PvP Improvements
o Various tuning changes have been made to PVP which should result in longer, more exciting, battles!
o We have lowered the damage that players deal to each other in PVP.
o When you enter the PVP zone, you will be removed from your party.
o During PVP, you can’t make parties with people on the other team, or with people who are not participating in PVP.
o Using your Bodyslider will now take you back to your team’s base.
o The ‘Defender’ (Giant Robot Boss) in your team’s base will now provide a buff to all team members.
o When your team’s ‘Defender’ is under attack, a message will appear.
o Faction missions are now limited so you can only swap factions once an hour.

Balance Changes
  • We have made major balance and tuning on Mobs, Bosses, and Heroes. (More details later!)
  • The level cap has been raised to 60!
  • Per-player damage scaling in instances now looks at all players in the instance.
  • Enemy damage at higher levels has been increased.
  • Lowered radius for number of player-based scaling by 20% and decreased per-player damage scaling for Public Combat Zones.
  • Loot now scales properly depending on enemy level.
  • When switching to another character, their health will be based on the amount of time this character has been inactive.

UI Changes

• The powers tree has been changed to show all power trees at one time.
  • Players will now gain ‘Rested XP’ while logged off or on heroes you aren’t playing!
  • An indicator has been added to the edge of the map that points to far away party members.
  • Separated /say and /local commands so you can either talk to those around you or the entire region.
  • Many new tabs added to the “Help” menu to explain “Crafting,” “Endgame PVE,” “Endgame PVP,” “Tutorial,” and a “Glossary” of our in-game terminology.

Known Major Issues

• Using Spider-Man’s Ultimate Power will crash the client for you and all other players onscreen. This will be fixed soon!
  • You may have a damage over time effect applied to you indefinitely, regardless of changing regions or heroes. We hope to have this patched very soon.
  • There is an intermittent issue in which your inventory will appear to have vanished. This can be fixed upon changing zones.
  • There may be occasional “performance hitches” during gameplay.
  • Options will occasionally be reset on login.
  • The VFX Obscurement feature is currently not functioning correctly.
  • The UI is not correctly displaying rested XP accruing for characters you are not using.
  • Several icons for powers for Cable, Phoenix, and Rocket Raccoon are still placeholder.
  • Tooltips may not match power names, as many power names are changing constantly!
  • Hawkeye’s “Nullifier Arrow” will play VFX indefinitely.
  • Social UI: Friends that are online can show up as offline.
  • Players can no longer attempt to revive if it was interrupted.
  • Bajillion Entertainment instance currently has no enemies inside.
  • Exiting some instances may bring the player to the start of the PCZ mistakenly.
  • Story Notification constantly interrupts Dr Doom Phase 3.
  • Ben Urich may disappear from Avengers Tower after storywarping.
  • You may experience a client crash while fighting in Ruined Projects.
  • Seemingly infinite Raptors will spawn during the Raptor Survey Station instance.
  • Hawkeye’s Wave of Arrows does not function as described.

Last edited by Ryolnir; Today at 02:11 AM.
Ryan 'Ryolnir' Collins

Community Coordinator, Gazillion Entertainment

Last edited by zenith16; 05-14-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #796
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

^Wow, that patch is gonna take forever to d/l

Old 05-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #797
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok since the lot of us have a wait, cause of the huge download, here's what we'll see when it's over and you login. it was just put up an hour ago

Published on 14 May 2013
Join us for a preview of the latest patch for Marvel Heroes - now live on Closed Beta servers - featuring a look at new playable hero, Cable; and endgame content!

Remember, this is an early look at this week's patch - changes are still incoming!

Published on 14 May 2013
Join us for a preview of the latest patch for Marvel Heroes - now live on Closed Beta servers - featuring a look at new playable hero, Cable; new costumes and Ultimate Powers!

Remember, this is an early look at this week's patch - changes are still incoming!

source: Marvel Heroes Youtube

Last edited by zenith16; 05-15-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #798
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

I played this over the open weekend, I only noticed it because it popped up on Steam. For a free game this is amazing and I will be playing it none stop when it comes out. Because it's free I might actually spend some cash on some things because they deserve something for it!

I started with Iron Man because I wanted to fly and he was awesome managed to get him up to 21 I also got the Mark IV and Mark II costumes which looked fantastic! I bought Punisher and Hawkeye with my 2000G got them up to 11 each which was really fun, all the characters are great. I was lucky enough to get two character drops as well which got me very excited. Jean Grey (lvl 4) and Deadpool (lvl 10). Deadpool was amazing, funniest of the bunch. They've gotten some great voices and writers for this.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #799
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Deadpool was a massive letdown for me. Even after I got the explosive bullets, he felt very underpowered.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #800
zenith16
Side-Kick

Did you have any artifact's on him and what ones? Maybe what you needed was the H.a.m.m.e.r. ordnance artifact.

Closed Thread