The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #776
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel MMO

To celebrate Iron man 3 and you'll be play that new armor of his in this as well, here's a new trailer on the armor's you'll receive

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

source: Marvel heroe's youtube
And another long beta weekend starts tonight . but this time around it's open to all beta I hope you all downloaded the patch it's was to fix some problem from monday's run . And enjoy the movie as well.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #777
zenith16
Side-Kick

14 minutes til the servers are up for the long open beta .

Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #778
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Has anyone else been playing the beta?

I've completed the prologue and the first part of the Hell's Kitchen arc. Now I'm stuck at the docks where you have to find Taskmaster and Hood. Did the Q-36 thing with AIM.

Overall, this game isn't that bad. I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust to point and click but I'm finding it manageable. The only problematic thing with the controls is when it lags, it's very difficult to fight. That's almost any game but it's worse here when you have to rely on precisely clicking where you want to go/who you want to attack. I'm often running around circles of enemies that I'm trying to attack because of lag misclicks. But when it' running alright, it's fine.

I started with Iron Man and used the given credits to "buy" Colossus and Black Panther. I pretty much like them in that order (IM > Colossous > Panther) but I'm impressed at how different each one feels. Even Colossus and BP who are both melee feel different and play differently. I'm fairly eager to try new ones when the actual game hits.

What I don't like so far is the voice acting. I know it's an MMO, but the story parts are carried by the voices and I'm not a huge fan of what I've heard so far especially with the villains. Dr. Doom's voice was the biggest disappointment.

I'll play as much as I can in between final project work sessions but I might have to try out the full game when it gets here.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #779
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Has anyone else been playing the beta?

I've completed the prologue and the first part of the Hell's Kitchen arc. Now I'm stuck at the docks where you have to find Taskmaster and Hood. Did the Q-36 thing with AIM.

Overall, this game isn't that bad. I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust to point and click but I'm finding it manageable. The only problematic thing with the controls is when it lags, it's very difficult to fight. That's almost any game but it's worse here when you have to rely on precisely clicking where you want to go/who you want to attack. I'm often running around circles of enemies that I'm trying to attack because of lag misclicks. But when it' running alright, it's fine.

I started with Iron Man and used the given credits to "buy" Colossus and Black Panther. I pretty much like them in that order (IM > Colossous > Panther) but I'm impressed at how different each one feels. Even Colossus and BP who are both melee feel different and play differently. I'm fairly eager to try new ones when the actual game hits.

What I don't like so far is the voice acting. I know it's an MMO, but the story parts are carried by the voices and I'm not a huge fan of what I've heard so far especially with the villains. Dr. Doom's voice was the biggest disappointment.

I'll play as much as I can in between final project work sessions but I might have to try out the full game when it gets here.
welcome umm let's see.
The lag just started yesterday and it's affecting every one. some more then others, but this is common in a beta and it's been reported in the beta forum. We just have to wait for the dev's to fix it, when the next server run is online or when they add their next patch. which cable and a few others will be added as they said on their twitch channel also a page over.

Now the ship yard with task master he's some where on the far end of the ship yard in some large shed or dock house join a team and they should lead you to him. the map rotates so I can't just say north of the map . only the people on the same mission with you that made it that far can help you with it.

The voice actor for Doctor doom seems new from what that video a page over that I put up from youtube shows with all the voice actors.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-05-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #780
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok so the long weekend beta session is over incase you missed this what was said on their twitch channel which was this

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Nice. This was just put up from their twitter

Marvel Heroes@MMMSociety1h
We're streaming #MarvelHeroes again... today at 1pm PDT (in 20 minutes!). Join us for a look at the game: http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes

which now over here's the recorded version of what you just missed.

Marvel Heroes: Official Twitch Channel
Recorded about 1 hour ago 49:31 22

source:Marvel heroes twitchtv

Here's the same video that was just put up on youtube . especial if your one of those that has an issue with watching their twitch channel

part 1

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Marvel Heroes - Official Closed Beta Stream # #5- Q&A with our Art Team

Details on Enhanced costumes in this video.

part 2
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Marvel Heroes - Official Closed Beta Stream #5 - David Brevik Q&A

Marvel Heroes - Official Closed Beta Stream #5 - David Brevik Q&A Marvel Heroes 296 views 18 hours ago Join us once more for another look at Marvel Heroes, featuring some extensive Q&A with David Brevik about Marvel Heroes endgame and many other things! (Skip to about 9m in ...

source: Marvel Heroes youtube channel

Last edited by zenith16; 05-06-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #781
zenith16
Side-Kick

Forking over your cash to play for free

(7 hours ago)
Super-hero, Economy, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes

Free-to-play means you can play for free, right? Not if you've got your sights set on the top founders packs for upcoming games like Marvel Heroes. In a blog on Gamasutra, virtual world economist Ramin Shokrizade explores the trend of these F2P collector-edition equivalents and whether the value justifies the price or if it's all a con to push players into making uninformed purchases before they have enough info.

Shokrizade compares the value of both Marvel Heroes and MechWarrior Tactics founders packs. At $199.99 and $120 respectively, both come with a hefty price tag, but both also claim significantly higher values. Do you really get your money's worth? Because of the replayability inherent in trying each superhero, Shokrizade rated Marvel Heroes as "pricey but reasonable." MechWarrior Tactics, however, received a "poor value" rating due to the tremendous in-game advantage that the founders pack gives.

How will these titles ultimately fare? Shokrizade stated that it all depends on enjoyable player interactions. "[Players] should not have to spend a lot in order to be able to have a positive social experience," he said. "Taking this one step further, if [players] can spend to lower the experience of other players, this will cause a rapid collapse of revenues."

Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #782
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I see a wipe coming this week or next

Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #783
zenith16
Side-Kick

I already mentioned this on the beta forum I'm so close with the crafter with the cores. not yet.... No Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo seriously Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

oh and on topic of free to play still

Features

If It’s Free It’s For Me (Feature)

Steve and Raju find ways to play without charge.
source: EPD.TV/ROTR

seriously. No more wipes DCUO managed to do this why can't this ? I know they're both slightly different but still.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #784
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Leveling crafters is taking much longer than I expected. I only got Forge up to 4 or 5 and I feel like I give him tons of blues and purples.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #785
zenith16
Side-Kick

the fastest way to level them is to feed the artifact's like the doom masks you don't want along with the blues and purples you don't need you on the best stat's you can get from all 3 I mean. I constantly look at those stats before I feed that stuff to them but even so it's taking a while . and now that I'm so close, if the wipe every thing while I'm almost there I'll be very, Very depressed. Especially after having to face some people that made it that far during my first pvp match and having half a beat down. it's hard to recover from man . way too hard. I'm only start now to make them pay for that.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #786
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok So I just picked up an e-mail that tonight beta test will be "over night" tonight to tomorrow morning. Well they have it on their beta forum for the time it ends if you want to check that out for your selves.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #787
zenith16
Side-Kick

4 minutes til it starts. And no one really expects you to play all night ether even thouh this is happening to night. . so please don't alot us do have work and life to deal with.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-07-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #788
zenith16
Side-Kick

new trailer and it's for Thor.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

1:00 Marvel Heroes - Thor, Son of Asgard Trailer Marvel Heroes 3,219 views 1 day ago Behold, the mighty Thor - God of Thunder, Avenger, warrior, hero! Play as Thor in Marvel Heroes, the massively multiplayer online action RPG you've been waiting for! Sign

and it's
Marvel Heroes offers one final open beta weekend and Thor trailer

by MJ Guthrie (5 hours ago)
Betas, Super-hero, Trailers, Video, New Titles, News Items, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes

If you missed last weekend's open beta for Marvel Heroes, you've got one more chance to get in and get your super hero on before the June 4th launch. Gazillion Entertainment has announced the last open beta weekend will take place from Friday, May 10th at 8:00 p.m. EDT to Monday May 13th at 1:00 p.m. EDT. For this round, players will get to choose from their favorite Avengers: Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Black Widow. To get in on the action, just register on the official site.

To celebrate the Avenger-themed final weekend, the studio also released a new trailer highlighting Thor. Check out the Asgardian action after the break.

[Source: Gazillion Entertainment press release] Continue Reading

source: Marvel Heroes youtube channel & Massively

More coverage: Marvel Heroes official site

Last edited by zenith16; 05-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #789
zenith16
Side-Kick

Alright the servers are up now . And tomorrow the last open beta weekend will be done

Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #790
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes Release Imminent, Play It This Weekend

4 hours 23 minutes ago - Diablo creator and Marvel Heroes developer David Brevik offers his first 'state of the game' post for Marvel Heroes. Read More ğ

source:IGN

Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #791
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Finally played the first two missions as Black Widow. Definitely fun.

Not entirely sold on movement and how often you can find yourself picking up **** that doesn't even belong to a hero you have because of it.

Unlocked Storm and Ms. Marvel. I'll give them a go when I hope back on a little later tonight.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #792
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So how is it? Similar to ultimate alliance?
Do you unlock characters pretty often?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #793
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
Finally played the first two missions as Black Widow. Definitely fun.

Not entirely sold on movement and how often you can find yourself picking up **** that doesn't even belong to a hero you have because of it.

Unlocked Storm and Ms. Marvel. I'll give them a go when I hope back on a little later tonight.
I hear Widow is really powerful. Carol is a beast as expected tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
So how is it? Similar to ultimate alliance?
Do you unlock characters pretty often?
Not too similar to UA, more like Diablo. Character drops were rare for me, but I got 5 or 6 so far in 2 months.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #794
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Lol. That Venom fight was...well crazy and there were about seven thousand people piling on him so I never really got to do anything in it.

I couldn't find Taskmaster nor The Hood's hideout so I gave up for the night because I was tired and frustrated.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #795
Nathan

Say, can you rotate the camera or is it fixed? I'd like to zoom the camera close to the action, but if I can't rotate the camera, I'll never see the enemy coming.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #796
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

From what I can tell the camera is not fixed.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #797
Nathan

What do I have to press to rotate it then?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #798
zenith16
Side-Kick

I've finally reached my goal of a level 16 crafter after playing all night and now I'm missing "Esoteric Unstable molecules," to add my core to my armor and weapons. and I've reached max level of 35 too. man what a run. my marvel now cyclops was in demand at the supposed final mission of Doom's castle all this month. I still have to finish up with my other characters but I doubt I'll finish with them in the same way before the coming patch and wipe and add on of cable Torch and the others that will be coming with all that. and now I'll taking a nap and a break . farming for unstables is madness and the Esoteric are the top tiers of the elements . which i have to find the lower versions and their a pain to find cause their not as in abundance as they were when you weren't searching for them.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-11-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #799
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

When farming for mats, would it be better to slaughter much lower level mobs or are there areas that drop specific items?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #800
zenith16
Side-Kick

It's different for every one when i first found artifacts and cores it was on the same week they showed mutant town on their video streams I made it to the purifiers camp and it started for me there. then I started to farm there cause it those were showing up for me there the most til I reached doom.

And on what Nathan asked while you can zoom in on your character as close as you want there is no real rotate of the screen as you want that i've see but if you want to see eniemes coming at you there is a Cree artifact that call ed the optic scanner and it looks like the alien versin of the splinter cell goggles it act like radar for your character so you can see the map's open's up to you and you see other player's around on the map as well as the enemy NPC's

Last edited by zenith16; 05-11-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Closed Thread