The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Default Avengers cartoon

so we know one is coming to get the kiddies excited about the avengers before the movie, how would you like to see it done? what look would you like it to have? what stories would you like to see adapted?

Last edited by lixdexia; 03-23-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Gatchamanjp
YO JOE!

Default Re: Avengers cartoon

I want to hear Captain America use their battle cry...Avengers Assemble, when fighting, The Wrecking Crew, The Masters Of Evil, Kang, Ultron and of course include...Secret Wars.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchamanjp View Post
I want to hear Captain America use their battle cry...Avengers Assemble, when fighting, The Wrecking Crew, The Masters Of Evil, Kang, Ultron and of course include...Secret Wars.
i dunno about secret wars, that was already done in the spider-man cartoon

Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
KingOfMars
feed the dementia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
i dunno about secret wars, that was already done in the spider-man cartoon
and not very well.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
KingOfMars
feed the dementia.

maybe we will see the kree skrull war, and i would like if they included hawkeye, scarlet witch and vision, and have hank pym switch identities every season.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfMars View Post
maybe we will see the kree skrull war, and i would like if they included hawkeye, scarlet witch and vision, and have hank pym switch identities every season.
deff want to see hawkeye, i'm still mad he wasn't in ultimate avengers 2

Old 03-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
KingOfMars
feed the dementia.

Quote:
deff want to see hawkeye, i'm still mad he wasn't in ultimate avengers 2
me too, but they probably would have used the ultimate version.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

Kang the Conqueror is a must, and an appearance of Doctor Doom would be pleasant.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Kang the Conqueror is a must, and an appearance of Doctor Doom would be pleasant.
would they have the rights to doc doom? isn't he tied up by that fantastic four cartoon? i know alot of batman characters and black manta weren't allowed in justice league unlimited because they didn't have the animation rights to them.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

Well I really don't expect to see Doom, but I'm just saying what I want to see.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #11
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Well I really don't expect to see Doom, but I'm just saying what I want to see.
ah. personally i'd like to see hank developing ultron throughout the first season and have him (ultron) turn evil, attack, and create vision in a big 3-part finale

Last edited by lixdexia; 03-24-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #12
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

Quote:
ah. personally i'd like to see hank developing ultron throughout the first season and have him turn evil, attack, and create vision in a big 3-part finale
I'd love to see that.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick

It would be great to see but I will not hold my breadth.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #14
November Rain
Single Mother

are there any good avenger stories, i just don't get them as a group...

Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
would they have the rights to doc doom? isn't he tied up by that fantastic four cartoon? i know alot of batman characters and black manta weren't allowed in justice league unlimited because they didn't have the animation rights to them.
manta was in the legion storyline ofJLU but he was renamed devil ray

Old 03-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #16
Mutagen
Quietly Infectious User

I'd rather not see Doom, then have him in some other form taking credit for the original character. That's just me though.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dman27 View Post
manta was in the legion storyline ofJLU but he was renamed devil ray
i know. they had to re-name him devil ray and change up his design a little because they didn't have the rights to black manta.
Quote:
I'd rather not see Doom, then have him in some other form taking credit for the original character. That's just me though.
same

Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #18
Mogwai
Fanboy

the character designs are really stylized. hopefully this show can last as long as JLU did.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #19
Duskbyday
Side-Kick

I bet this show will survive and be better than the 1990's avengers series.

To face their fate, their terrifying hour!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
the character designs are really stylized. hopefully this show can last as long as JLU did.
thor and the hulk look really cool, the others not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskbyday View Post
I bet this show will survive and be better than the 1990's avengers series.
heh, that doesn't take much

Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
Mogwai
Fanboy

^^yeah, really!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #22
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Some interesting tidbits on AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES from Chris Yost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Yost
Right now, Iím the head writer of animated series called, "Avengers: Earthís Mightiest Heroes". And it is in production right now. Weíre 19 episodes deep into a 26 episode order and itís going to be amazing. Pretty much every single day I freak out about how much I love the show. Itís the Avengers. And itís not crazy armored Avengers. Or itís not Teen Avengers. Itís the Avengers you know and love and have always wanted to see. Itís Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man, Wasp, Captain America, Hawkeye. Itís the Avengers. The premise of the show is literally, Avengers, go. There isnít any crazy twist like theyíre in an alternate reality or in the Negative Zone or some bizarre thing. "There is 40 years worth of Avengersí stories, start telling them."

[On when the show was going to launch] Itís a little up in the air right now because itís probably going to launch the same time that the feature film does, which right now I believe is slated for 2012. But since 2012 is the end of the world, who knows?
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20785

A lot of good news from that little snippet, mainly *Hawkeye*(!)

Old 04-19-2009, 01:28 AM   #23
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Hawkeye is a favorite character of many writers, and only was missing from the two ULTIMATE AVENGERS films due to the short run times of both. I have little doubt he would show up before long in an Avengers show.

Yost usually knows his stuff, but hopefully he can take it up to another level if he wants to match the standards set by JLU. Basically, every episode has to feel like X-MEN KINGBREAKER #4.

By default, though, unlike the X-Men, this show only has to surpass AVENGERS: UNITED THEY STAND from 1999, which is a very low bar. Hey, this stuff matters. WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN had to stack up to the 1990's X-MEN and the 21st century X-MEN: EVOLUTION. This new AVENGERS show in 2012 doesn't have nearly as large a shadow to overcome.

My biggest pondering, besides whether Thor will actually be of decent power level for once (he was a bit of a puss in ULTIMATE AVENGERS, and did little more than take punches in HULK VS. THOR), and how they explain keeping Hulk around for long. Historically Hulk founded the team, but didn't stay very long; gone in canon in AVENGERS #2, although the Joe Casey "Year One" style Avengers mini from 2004 or so helped pad that out a bit more. I will be curious how they justify keeping him around.

Frankly, though, I often tired of the "dumb Hulk on the run from the military" angle to the character as I have been shown it about a million times, so it might be interesting seeing Hulk, well, NOT be that for a change. I mean, I enjoyed the Pantheon era in INCREDIBLE HULK, albeit that was "Smart Hulk". It would be fun if Hulk in this show had more than one personality; I imagine Fred Tatasciore would use his "Beast" voice for "Smart Hulk" if he had to. Much as Steve Blum is "Wolverine for life" as far as recent animation is concerned, I am sure Fred is considered "Hulk for life", which suit me fine. I am curious how they will cast the rest of the Avengers.

Thor was voiced by Dave Boat in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS films, and he's reprising the role in that kiddie Marvel Super Heroes thing coming on CARTOON NETWORK, but I am not sure if he will voice Thor in other stuff. Matthew Wolf just played Thor in HULK VS. THOR and may be returning for some other stuff. The Yost/Kyle team usually like to reprise or reuse the same actors they know are good or like or whatever. Michael Adamthwaite played Thor in a cameo in NEXT AVENGERS (he may be "best" known for playing my man Colossus in X-MEN EVOLUTION and Namor in FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES), and he was fine.

Justin Gross played Captain America in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS but many thought he sounded too "young" so I kind of doubt he would be recast, but who knows. I could imagine Grey DeLise asked to reprise her role of Wasp from those DTV's, though.

Hank Pym hasn't shown up in animation very often in the 21st century. Nolan North played him in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS films and is a popular actor in the current Marvel TV-verse. If they wanted to reuse his actor from MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE, they could go with Jerry Houser. John Payne II played Pym in a guest stint in FANTASTIC FOUR: WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES but he's from Canada's Ocean Group troupe, so he is unlikely.

My "dream voice" for Iron Man would be Robert Hays, who played the character for the 1994-1996 era IRON MAN show (as well as in guest appearances in INCREDIBLE HULK, SPIDER-MAN and FANTASTIC FOUR shows of that era) and to this day is my de-facto Iron Man voice. Marc Worden played Iron Man in three of Lion's Gates' DTV's for Marvel, so he could be considered the most "experienced" actor to have played Stark in animation right now. Tom Kane played an elder Stark in NEXT AVENGERS and he's a dark horse candidate (especially as he also played Century and HOMER in that 90's IRON MAN show, too).

There was a preview teaser for this show that popped up on YouTube late last year for maybe a week before being zapped; the character designs looked better in motion, although Iron Man's helmet is still a little funky. Said teaser animation also confirmed Kang in his classic Kirby outfit.

Last edited by Dread; 04-19-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #24
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

captain america's the best looking char in that pic. hope the show turns out really good.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 04-26-2009, 06:02 AM   #25
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Matt Wolffe was the better Thor. So I hope he's Thor here. I don't care for ultimate Thor, and Hulk VS. was basically a very good interpretation of 616 Thor.

We know Kang will be a villain since he was in the short promo video that Marvel had up on their website before taking it down.

Besides that, the video also seems to hint that Iron Man is not just the founder of the Avengers BUT the LEADER as well.

This is very interesting. I know fans are used to Cap being Avengers leader. And Cap is on this team. But when you look at Wolverine and The X-men, I don't think this is a coincidence. Iron Man is now one of Marvel's top franchise characters with the live action movies. So why not make him Avengers leader. Of course that was a promo vid and things could change vastly in a couple years, so we shall see.

I recall Yost saying they want to use like all the classic Avengers villains. So besides Kang that means Ultron, Grim Reaper, Masters of Evil, Zemo, Wrecking Crew, and Korvac are probably all pretty good bets. So with Ultron they should figure out ways to work in Vision, Wonder Man, etc.

I like this lineup, especially Hulk being in there. The main reason being is that we don't get to see Hulk as a hero often enough, this is a good way to do it.

- CM Punk
Closed Thread