The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #51
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

^ Also, when Galloway refers to Optimus as scrap metal, Sideswipe's blade can come smashing into the ground in front of him and Sideswipe says something like, "Show some respect."

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #52
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,406
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
That's one thing that I thought TF1 did better than ROTF. Where I thought all of the Autobots there had a chance to shine, and hopefully they get back to that in TF3.
They did that in the first film, and the fanboys complained there weren't enough robots in the film. They add more robots in this one, and the fanboys complain they don't get enough screen time. You can't have it both ways. The more characters in a film, the less screen time each one gets.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #53
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,679
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Less characters and more screentime.

Always.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #54
Silent_Dave
I am the danger.
 
Silent_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where do you live?
Posts: 461
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal'Akai View Post
They did that in the first film, and the fanboys complained there weren't enough robots in the film. They add more robots in this one, and the fanboys complain they don't get enough screen time. You can't have it both ways. The more characters in a film, the less screen time each one gets.
Exactly. I prefer the small handful of characters in the first film, over the 30 or 40-so characters in ROTF.

__________________
R.I.P. Gustavo Fring
R.I.P. Mike Ehrmantraut
R.I.P. Hank Schrader
R.I.P. Walter White
Silent_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #55
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,679
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

For TF3 - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jolt, Arcee, Wheelie, Skids, Mudflaps, Prowl and Breakaway.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #56
El_Citrus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here.
Posts: 2,506
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
For TF3 - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jolt, Arcee, Wheelie, Skids, Mudflaps, Prowl and Breakaway.
I'd say keep Jolt, have him be an apprentice to Ratchet, pleeease have Megatron kill the Twins, and possibly include Prowl, but even that might be a bit much. The original four, Sideswipe, Arcee, and Jolt would be more than enough (I don't really count Wheelie)

El_Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #57
WarBlade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,383
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
For TF3 - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Jolt, Arcee, Wheelie, Skids, Mudflaps, Prowl and Breakaway.
Too many.
  • Skidmark and Flaps can die. Seriously.
  • Arcee should never have seen the light of day IMO.
  • And I can't really see why so many people are dribbling over Prowl, although that's probably because of Barricade.
  • Breakaway? I had to look up this character. No.
  • Wheelie... Mikaela gets a blue monkey humping her leg. I think I can live with that.

I'd keep Jolt though and Sunstreaker is the only thing missing from the real twin package deal.

WarBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #58
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Optimus
Bumblebee
Ironhide
Ratchet
Sideswipe
Jolt
Prowl
Wheeljack
Hot Rod
Ultra Magnus
and if they can get Casey Kasem to do the voice, Cliffjumper.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #59
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBlade View Post
Too many.
  • Skidmark and Flaps can die. Seriously.
  • Arcee should never have seen the light of day IMO.
  • And I can't really see why so many people are dribbling over Prowl, although that's probably because of Barricade.
  • Breakaway? I had to look up this character. No.
  • Wheelie... Mikaela gets a blue monkey humping her leg. I think I can live with that.
I'd keep Jolt though and Sunstreaker is the only thing missing from the real twin package deal.
Skidmark and Flaps. That's a good one.

I don't mind Arcee

People want Prowl because he is one of the greatest and most popular characters in TF. He's cool.

I have no idea who Breakaway is either.

I like Wheelie.

The original plan was to have Sideswipe and Sunstreaker instead of Skids and Mudflap, but Bay changed it. Even though I thought the Twins were funny, it was still a big mistake.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #60
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,054
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
The original plan was to have Sideswipe and Sunstreaker instead of Skids and Mudflap, but Bay changed it. Even though I thought the Twins were funny, it was still a big mistake.
It truly was a huge mistake.

At least Bay didn't kill him off. I have a feeling Bay finds him relatable (similar cocky personality) .

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #61
WarBlade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,383
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I have a feeling Bay finds him relatable (similar cocky personality) .
That's an interesting observation actually. I wonder if Sunstreaker was left out due to concerns about how close to the bone he might have been as a ramped up reflection of Bay's personality or something?

WarBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #62
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
The original plan was to have Sideswipe and Sunstreaker instead of Skids and Mudflap, but Bay changed it. Even though I thought the Twins were funny, it was still a big mistake.
Thing is I'd rather have the twins behave like idiots and do the comedy relief rather than see Sideswipe and Sunstreaker ridiculed and portrayed in this fashion. At least this gives us a chance (...by the 5th movie maybe, when someone can take over and show something other than explosions) to see an accurate portrayal of Sides and Sun (because we only got a line portraying Sideswipe's personality. Which is nothing really).
They could have been portrayed well and handled a subtle comedy relief role under a more... mature director. But Bay would have thrown them down the gutter of sex jokes and stereotypes. But the twins... who gives a damn about them? And so we got a chance to see extreme humor without worrying about their characters. That part were they were calling Leo a pussy was hilarious!

So at least we got a serious, although short take on Sideswipe. Damn, he was good!


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-06-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #63
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,322
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal'Akai View Post
They did that in the first film, and the fanboys complained there weren't enough robots in the film. They add more robots in this one, and the fanboys complain they don't get enough screen time. You can't have it both ways. The more characters in a film, the less screen time each one gets.
I was never one of the people who complained that there weren't enough robots in TF1 so I can't really comment on that. I agree with the points you're making though. As far as ROTF is concerned, I do think that a scene or two that featured just the Autobots would've gone a long way in characterizing the non-Optimus-Bumblebee-Skids-Mudflap ones.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #64
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,054
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBlade View Post
That's an interesting observation actually. I wonder if Sunstreaker was left out due to concerns about how close to the bone he might have been as a ramped up reflection of Bay's personality or something?
Hmm you might be on to something. Maybe Sunstreaker was taken out by Bay because he hits close to home.

Sunstreaker (Michael Bay) description:

Quote:
"His sociopathic tendencies, combined with his incredible vanity and arrogance, usually result in tension between himself and the other Autobots. He is generally unwilling to help those who are having trouble keeping up, and is quite audible when it comes to complaining about the shortcomings of everyone else."

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #65
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Thing is I'd rather have the twins behave like idiots and do the comedy relief rather than see Sideswipe and Sunstreaker ridiculed and portrayed in this fashion. At least this gives us a chance (...by the 5th movie maybe, when someone can take over and show something other than explosions) to see an accurate portrayal of Sides and Sun (because we only got a line portraying Sideswipe's personality. Which is nothing really).
They could have been portrayed well and handled an subtle comedy relief under a more... mature director. But Bay would have thrown them down the gutter of sex jokes and stereotypes. But the twins... who gives a damn about them? And so we got a chance to see extreme humor without worrying about their characters. That part were they were calling Leo a pussy was awesome!

So at least we got a serious, although short take on Sideswipe. Damn, he was good!
I doubt they would've portrayed Sideswipe and Sunstreaker that way. That's probably why they created the Twins. So that they could do all that stupid stuff and fans wouldn't complain that they ****ed up Side and Sun.

"This is what's called blending in like a ninja." That line gets me every time I watch the movie.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #66
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,322
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

On the topic of new Autobots in TF3, even though I agree that less is more, Hasbro is probably going to want 5-6 new ones just for the sake of selling more toys.

Prowl and Wheeljack are the ones that I want the most. I'd love to see Mirage as well, but I think his chances are pretty slim. Though maybe the fact that he's one of the Autobots that some version of has appeared in the most TF series could help him.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #67
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

I think Hot Rod is likely, too. If they can get the rights to the name, that is. He's very popular and toys of him sell a lot.

I believe Orci said that Hot Rod, Prowl and Wheeljack were considered for the first film, but they decided to cut them out.

I'd like to see Mirage, too. I've always liked him.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #68
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Prowl is tiny. And wheeljack has an ugly name...
I dont remember much from G1 so i dont know how cool they were, but i wouldnt want another bot as tiny as Jazz. He could barely do anything in battle. And we already have wheelie for infiltration and stuff like that.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #69
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,698
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Prowl isn't tiny. He's a police car. Where are you getting that?

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #70
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,054
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Prowl is tiny. And wheeljack has an ugly name...
I dont remember much from G1 so i dont know how cool they were, but i wouldnt want another bot as tiny as Jazz. He could barely do anything in battle. And we already have wheelie for infiltration and stuff like that.
Your dismissing Wheeljack because of his name. XD

He is a pretty cool character as he is one of the smartest Autobots out there. Especially when it comes to creating weapons. While Ironhide might be the weapons specialist in the movie verse Wheeljack can be introduced so he can create stronger Cybertronian weapons for the Prime and the gang.

Plus he is pretty visually distinctive when it comes to his head. While many bots share common features Wheeljack actually sticks out.

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #71
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Prowl isn't tiny. He's a police car. Where are you getting that?
Ah crap... who was that little red autobot then?
So how's Prowl anyway?

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #72
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,322
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I think Hot Rod is likely, too. If they can get the rights to the name, that is. He's very popular and toys of him sell a lot.

I believe Orci said that Hot Rod, Prowl and Wheeljack were considered for the first film, but they decided to cut them out.

I'd like to see Mirage, too. I've always liked him.
That's what give me some hope that they'll show up eventually since the production is aware of them.

Mirage would be cool simply because it would be interesting to have an Autobot not entirely devoted to the cause.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #73
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Ah crap... who was that little red autobot then?
So how's Prowl anyway?
I was thinking of Cliffjumper!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #74
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,322
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Ah crap... who was that little red autobot then?
So how's Prowl anyway?
I think you may be thinking of Cliffjumper. Who in G1 looked pretty much like a red Bumblebee.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #75
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,322
Default Re: The SIDESWIPE thread

I was thinking, but would fans disapprove if they decided to introduce Sunstreaker in TF3 but omitted the whole brother angle with Sideswipe?

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.