The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #26
Lobo
Sith Fisto

Default Re: Bizarro Superman

I love Bizarro, and actually wanted a version of him in a sequel to SR. That's not happening, though.

Bizarro is awesome, but a movie like this would flop, however, the script does seem like it would be a fun read.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/

Last edited by Lobo; 04-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #27
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

He would be fantastic as a secondary or even third villain in a film, but not as the main focus.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #28
Lobo
Sith Fisto

My idea had a Bizarro/Brainiac team up.

Judging by whjt I see all over the net, I'm willing to almost bet cash on Brainiac as the villain in the next Superman movie.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 04-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
The Guard
Side-Kick

I wrote a treatment once for a Superman intro film that featured Bizarro. He wasn't alternate universe or otherwordly other than metaphorically. Bizzaro was Lex's "plot" of sorts. Except Lex wasn't a bad guy, just a sort of "ends justify the means" type. He was genuinely well meaning, and tried to clone Superman (through a fledgling project called "Cadmus", under the guise of trying to help Superman find out where he came from) to make use of the kind of power Superman was displaying on a world scale after Superman declined to work with/for him, and it went horribly, horribly wrong, resulting in Bizarro, one of those "has Superman gone rogue?" plots, and leading Superman to essentially cause Lex to be labeled as a "villain" by the end of the movie. That began Lex's gradual slide to the "dark side". I think that's the way to use Bizarro. As a pawn, as an element/character that makes Superman realize what the stakes are with his existence, his powers, and his very identity as a symbol in the larger world. It was basically designed to show the kind of responsibility Superman has, how people viewed his powers/stature, etc. I think that would be phenomenal. I would very much like to write that script someday.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #30
SuperDaniel
Banned User

This is one of the worst ideas i've ever read...It is going to be worse than Batman & Robin and the final nail in the Superman coffin when it comes to Hollywood.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #31
Lobo
Sith Fisto

It's not going anywhere. It'll never get made, so there's no reason for you to get upset.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
SuperDaniel
Banned User

I wouldn't be so sure. After all, they made Superman Returns, Batman & Robin and Catwoman...

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #33
Lobo
Sith Fisto

Even if you hated SR it is a better film than the latter two by an immeasurable amount.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 04-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
protocida
Side-Kick

I Liked it.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #35
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

any1 have this script?
id dig on a copy of it.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #36
Changeling
Banned User

Yeah me too. I bet itll leak in a few months

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #37
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

lets hope so

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #38
Lord Blackbolt
Side-Kick

WB has to make a Superman related movie soon or they'll lose the right? They might just make this...you never know. I don't know of any other script being written at the moment.

Lord Blackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #39
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I'd have me some Bizarro over more frigging Lex, tired of this never ending dull battle now.

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #40
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well i doubt think this bizarro idea that been floating around for a few months would be the best way to go about things if the next film ends up being a last chance for wb if things cant be worked out with the families or if things go more south in the future with the copyright/trademark rights on superman.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #41
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

I know it's been mentioned before, but I'd love to see this as a DCU animated movie. I think it could be really good.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #42
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I would take this bizarro idea and have it as a animated film. With this being possibly the last chance at a 100% superman from wb it would be silly for them to do a bizarro film over a full superman as superman film as i was saying.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #43
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Only Alan Moore ever wrote Bizarro right. You really have to think it through to do the opposite. Grant Morrison's Bizarros are just incomprehensible because he thinks it through so much. (as is his text speak, wut?)

Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #44
GreenKToo
In the fire

I couldn't suppot this. Maybe as an animated DvD film I could, but not as a feature film.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 09-01-2009 at 11:26 AM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #45
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

That was the most ridiculous script I ever read.
I want to punch the guy or girl who wrote this nonsense....

It's a bunch of conincidences!
1. Superman JUST HAPPENS to get hit by the replicator (lame idea btw)
2. Lois JUST HAPPENS to travel to the exact same spot where Bizzaro was buried
3. Zod and Ursa JUST HAPPEN to be on a ship looking for him...

Also, Bizzaro was an imperfect clone of Superman created by Lex Luthor

It sounds to jokey and not serious at all. Remake Batman Forever why don't you?

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #46
Frodo
Side-Kick

The only way I'd use Bizarro in a Superman film is if he were portrayed as he was in Smallville. There he was throughly evil, intellegent, even more powerful then Superman. Then he would be a true threat to as opposed to a silly character villian/hero speaking backwards.

Frodo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 AM   #47
Spidey Snooch
...to the MF'n nooch...

I recently finished All-star Superman and I really like that version of Bizarro (or Bizarros, as the case may be). They don't have to be the main villain in the movie, just a trial for him to face, or perhaps an army for Brainiac. I think The Burly Brawl from The Matrix Reloaded should be the inspiration for "Superman vs. The Bizarros". With much less kung fu, of course. They don't even have to be powerful! He could destroy them with one punch, or heat ray or super breath. Or, have them "re-form" and come back for more, highlighting the futlility of it. Just have waves and waves of them keep Superman spinning in circles while Brainiac is doing something evil...or something.

I'm not a monster,
I'm just ahead of the curve.
Joker- The Dark Knight
Spidey Snooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #48
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman View Post
The original Bizarro was created with the duplicator ray. The clone Bizarro didn't come about until the Post-Crisis era.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El Fan
The original Bizarro was created with the duplicator ray. The clone Bizarro didn't come about until the Post-Crisis era.
Actually, you're both correct. As pointed out on Wiki...
Quote:
The original Teen Bizarro is created during a laboratory accident. A scientist demonstrating his newly invented "duplicating ray" to Superboy, tests the device on a radium pellet and a jewel. However, the duplicated radium was non-radioactive and the jewel melted. The scientist then stumbles and knocks the machine, inadvertently creating an imperfect Superboy. Although the scientist insists the duplicate is not alive, the creature nonetheless escapes from the lab. Bizarro wants to be accepted, but his appearance and his childlike erratic behavior scares people, especially since he has little control over his super-strength. He is befriended by a blind girl, shortly before Superboy realizes the glowing-blue remains of the machine would act as kryptonite to the doppelganger. During the confrontation, Bizarro flies straight towards Superboy, having realized that the shockwave from his destruction would cure the girl's blindness. Strangely, Teen-Bizarro later appears in a Legion of Super-Heroes story set in the Legion's future time. The later Adult Bizarro is created by Lex Luthor, who re-created the "duplicating ray" and uses it on Superman hoping to use the duplicate in an attack on Superman. Bizarro does not cooperate and instead tries to emulate Superman. Unfortunately, his attempts to match his original's heroics are clumsy and destructive. Bizarro uses the Imperfect Duplication Ray on himself and creates a New Bizarro who has Superman's looks and Bizarro's mentality. New Bizarro asks for Lois Lane's hand in marriage and prevents Superman from filling Lois in on the plot that fails anyway. In a later story, Jimmy Olsen becomes a Normal-looking Bizarro with a Bizarro mentality and exposure to Blue Kryptonite resets his mentality to Jimmy normal.
So basically, Byrne referred back to pre-COIE and fused the first half of Adult Bizarro's origin with the second half of Teen Bizarro's when he wrote MOS.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #50
SuperAl
Superman's back!

just angers me that they would even consider making a Bizarro movie instead of a Superman movie

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote