The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Conspiracies? Fun or Frightening?
Fun 4 40.00%
Frightening 4 40.00%
Ignorance is Bliss 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #401
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Actually, a D-Notice is nothing more than a request not to publish. It's unenforceable and still up to the publisher to publish

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #402
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 668
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

It really doesn't matter at this point because the story itself is already out and available to people who actively want to know about it. To me it's almost like an admission of guilt, doesn't really make them look too good. But they were able to get the BBC to step down which would've really put the story out there to people who have absolutely no idea about these things.


Last edited by Bob ROARman!; 02-15-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Bob ROARman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #403
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

It doesn't matter to me because I'm not a UK citizen

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #404
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 668
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Well that's wonderful news for us I guess. Because I'm sure none of this type of stuff happens here, so we don't have to wonder about a foreigner's struggle against their government to stop the lies and red tape BS and maybe make a precedent and take these people down after a DECADE of legal maneuvering. Nope, wouldn't happen here, no need to see how others fare in their fight against it. Out of mind, out of sight.

Bob ROARman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #405
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

I don't give a damn what goes on in my neighbor's apartment. Why should I care about another country?

And what is this "us" and "we" junk?

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #406
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

considering the story is out now, i might follow it to see where it goes...I dont see large scale arrests or resignations though...the world just doesn't work that way

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #407
VampElvis
Pimbot Threadkiller
 
VampElvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ROARman! View Post
Well that's wonderful news for us I guess. Because I'm sure none of this type of stuff happens here, so we don't have to wonder about a foreigner's struggle against their government to stop the lies and red tape BS and maybe make a precedent and take these people down after a DECADE of legal maneuvering. Nope, wouldn't happen here, no need to see how others fare in their fight against it. Out of mind, out of sight.
You'll have to forgive Addendum. He's so concerned with not being concerned with anything outside his personal space that he constantly reads what other people think or say so he can reply and tell us he doesn't care because it doesn't affect him personally. I would say he was prosthelytizing a new religion of selfism.... but that would mean he cared enough try to win people over to his line of thought which we all know, because he has indicated as much on numerous occasions that, he does not.

Sometimes it's funny to watch people react to you, Addendum. Other times I want to throw my monitor at you.

__________________
Spreading Manbearpig awareness...
VampElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #408
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 668
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addendum View Post
I don't give a damn what goes on in my neighbor's apartment. Why should I care about another country?

And what is this "us" and "we" junk?
I'm really not against you here, I know it may sound that way, but I'm not. You are 'right'. People aren't going to care. At least not enough people will. Only if it happens close to them, will they start saying something, and even then, most people aren't going to hold out for 10 years like these people have been doing, and with little to no progress to boot.

We just don't care. And to be honest, that's probably the way to be now. In the past, I've been called someone who has a "defeatist" attitude when saying things like that, but it's the truth. And the outcome of this, as Lantern pointed out, will prove it to be true. The father will probably get the brunt of any "justice" being handed out, the people in authority who lied and abused their power (and innocent children) won't face anything.

We don't like it when things get complicated, we don't like complex problems and complex answers to those problems. This started out as a simple (which isn't even an appropriate word to use in this case) story of a sick and demented father who molested his mentally challenged daughter. Cut and dry, lock up the dad. But once it starts taking on new levels that incorporate a darker and more sinister purpose, that's when people start backing out. And I honestly don't blame them, there's too much to lose and there's not enough people like Robert Green to take the charge for it.

We'll take the simple half-assed solution or lie almost every time over the complicated truth.


Last edited by Bob ROARman!; 02-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Bob ROARman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #409
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampElvis View Post
You'll have to forgive Addendum. He's so concerned with not being concerned with anything outside his personal space that he constantly reads what other people think or say so he can reply and tell us he doesn't care because it doesn't affect him personally. I would say he was prosthelytizing a new religion of selfism.... but that would mean he cared enough try to win people over to his line of thought which we all know, because he has indicated as much on numerous occasions that, he does not.

Sometimes it's funny to watch people react to you, Addendum. Other times I want to throw my monitor at you.
Well, since messageboards are simply an online conversation, one has to read the comments so their comments will make sense. Other than that, if someone thinks I'm an *******, fine. If another person thinks I'm selfish, good.

I also get a good laugh over the reactions as well. If you want to throw your monitor at me, go ahead. That just means you have to buy another, and people wasting their money also makes for a good laugh.

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #410
Paroxysm
Banned User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addendum View Post
Well, since messageboards are simply an online conversation, one has to read the comments so their comments will make sense. Other than that, if someone thinks I'm an *******, fine. If another person thinks I'm selfish, good.

I also get a good laugh over the reactions as well. If you want to throw your monitor at me, go ahead. That just means you have to buy another, and people wasting their money also makes for a good laugh.
I've noticed this. You're like a 10 year old kid hiding behind your monitor, using an internet forum to vent your frustrations. Have fun with that.

Paroxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #411
VampElvis
Pimbot Threadkiller
 
VampElvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

I did the physics and I can't throw it that far so I'm trying to hack your email address and set you up as a member of the Barney, Wiggles, and Disney on Ice fan clubs.

__________________
Spreading Manbearpig awareness...
VampElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #412
Addendum
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 22,139
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I've noticed this. You're like a 10 year old kid hiding behind your monitor, using an internet forum to vent your frustrations. Have fun with that.
I don't recall ever venting, or posting personal information on this site. I do recall several times where I've posted stuff and others have gotten upset over it. And I've laughed and said "so what"

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #413
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ROARman! View Post
I'm really not against you here, I know it may sound that way, but I'm not. You are 'right'. People aren't going to care. At least not enough people will. Only if it happens close to them, will they start saying something, and even then, most people aren't going to hold out for 10 years like these people have been doing, and with little to no progress to boot.

We just don't care. And to be honest, that's probably the way to be now. In the past, I've been called someone who has a "defeatist" attitude when saying things like that, but it's the truth. And the outcome of this, as Lantern pointed out, will prove it to be true. The father will probably get the brunt of any "justice" being handed out, the people in authority who lied and abused their power (and innocent children) won't face anything.

We don't like it when things get complicated, we don't like complex problems and complex answers to those problems. This started out as a simple (which isn't even an appropriate word to use in this case) story of a sick and demented father who molested his mentally challenged daughter. Cut and dry, lock up the dad. But once it starts taking on new levels that incorporate a darker and more sinister purpose, that's when people start backing out. And I honestly don't blame them, there's too much to lose and there's not enough people like Robert Green to take the charge for it.

We'll take the simple half-assed solution or lie almost every time over the complicated truth.
agreed on these.....speaking of abuse, there is a movement here in Connecticut to have repeat domestic abusers under monitoring, similar to sex offenders...this is due to 1 murder suicide and 2 murders in the past 12 months in which the husband/boyfriend was under a restraining order and still went after the victim

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #414
VampElvis
Pimbot Threadkiller
 
VampElvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Oh man, who doesn't love a conspiracy theory?

US Orders Blackout Over North Korean Torpedoing Of Gulf Of Mexico Oil Rig

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1367.htm

Quote:
A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia’s Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a complete media blackout over North Korea’s torpedoing of the giant Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World’s largest offshore drilling contractor Transocean that was built and financed by South Korea’s Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy, and an environmental catastrophe to the United States. Most important to understand about this latest attack by North Korea against its South Korean enemy is that under the existing “laws of war” it was a permissible action as they remain in a state of war against each other due to South Korea’s refusal to sign the 1953 Armistice ending the Korean War.
To the attack itself, these reports continue, the North Korean “cargo vessel” Dai Hong Dan believed to be staffed by 17th Sniper Corps “suicide” troops left Cuba’s Empresa Terminales Mambisas de La Habana (Port of Havana) on April 18th whereupon it “severely deviated” from its intended course for Venezuela’s Puerto Cabello bringing it to within 209 kilometers (130 miles) of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform which was located 80 kilometers (50 miles) off the coast of the US State of Louisiana where it launched an SSC Sang-o Class Mini Submarine (Yugo class) estimated to have an operational range of 321 kilometers (200 miles).
On the night of April 20th the North Korean Mini Submarine manned by these “suicidal” 17th Sniper Corps soldiers attacked the Deepwater Horizon with what are believed to be 2 incendiary torpedoes causing a massive explosion and resulting in 11 workers on this giant oil rig being killed outright. Barely 48 hours later, on April 22nd , this North Korean Mini Submarine committed its final atrocity by exploding itself directly beneath the Deepwater Horizon causing this $1 Billion oil rig to sink beneath the seas and marking 2010’s celebration of Earth Day with one of the largest environmental catastrophes our World has ever seen.
To the reason for North Korea attacking the Deepwater Horizon, these reports say, was to present US President Obama with an “impossible dilemma” prior to the opening of the United Nations Review Conference of the Parties to the Treat on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) set to begin May 3rd in New York.
This “impossible dilemma” facing Obama is indeed real as the decision he is faced with is either to allow the continuation of this massive oil leak catastrophe to continue for months, or immediately stop it by the only known and proven means possible, the detonation of a thermonuclear device.
Russian Navy atomic experts in these reports state that should Obama choose the “nuclear option” the most viable weapon at his disposal is the United States B83 (Mk-83) strategic thermonuclear bomb having a variable yield (Low Kiloton Range to 1,200 Kilotons) which with its 12 foot length and 18 inch diameter, and weighing just over 2,400 pounds, is readily able to be deployed and detonated by a remote controlled mini-sub.
Should Obama choose the “nuclear option” it appears that he would be supported by the International Court of Justice who on July 8, 1996 issued an advisory opinion on the use of nuclear weapons stating that they could not conclude definitively on these weapons use in “extreme circumstances” or “self defense”.
On the other hand, if Obama chooses the “nuclear option” it would leave the UN’s nuclear conference in shambles with every Nation in the World having oil rigs off their coasts demanding an equal right to atomic weapons to protect their environment from catastrophes too, including Iran.
To whatever decision Obama makes it remains a fact that with each passing hour this environmental catastrophe grows worse. And even though Obama has ordered military SWAT teams to protect other oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico from any further attack, and further ordered that all drilling in the Gulf of Mexico be immediately stopped, this massive oil spill has already reached the shores of America and with high waves and more bad weather forecast the likelihood of it being stopped from destroying thousands of miles of US coastland and wildlife appears unstoppable.
And not just to the environmental catastrophe that is unfolding the only devastation to be wrecked upon the United States and South Korea by this North Korean attack as the economic liabilities associated with this disaster are estimated by these Russian reports to be between $500 Billion to $1.5 Trillion, and which only a declaration of this disaster being an “act of war” would free some the World’s largest corporations from bankruptcy.
Important to note too in all of these events was that this was the second attack by North Korea on its South Korean enemy, and US ally, in a month as we had reported on in our March 28th report titled “Obama Orders ‘Immediate Stand-down’ After Deadly North Korean Attack” and which to date neither the Americans or South Korea have retaliated for and giving one senior North Korean party leader the courage to openly state that the North Korean military took “gratifying revenge” on South Korea.
And for those believing that things couldn’t get worse, they couldn’t be more mistaken as new reports coming from Japanese military sources are stating that North Korea is preparing for new launches of its 1,300 kilometer (807 miles) intermediate range ballistic “Rodong” missile which Russian Space Forces experts state is able to “deploy and detonate” an atomic electromagnetic pulse (EMP) device, and which if detonated high in the atmosphere could effectively destroy the American economy for years, if not decades, to come.

__________________
Spreading Manbearpig awareness...
VampElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #415
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,428
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addendum View Post
I don't recall ever venting, or posting personal information on this site. I do recall several times where I've posted stuff and others have gotten upset over it. And I've laughed and said "so what"
You are kidding???? you've done this??????? I'm shocked....

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God'… Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #416
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

I've always wondered what happened to this thread and I am glad it resurfaced because I have a question to ask. I am sure this question might garner a lot of eye roll smilies, dry sarcastic remarks, and etc.

However, I have been reading a lot of different articles and viewing a lot of different independent videos on Youtube. It seems that a lot of individuals are in the belief that a secret society called "The Illuminati" exists.

Apparently this group is behind the deaths of certain celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Tupac, Biggie, Kurt Cobain, and Michael Jackson. Anyone that is deemed a threat to their existence is either removed from life or is destroyed via the media. Now I am not sure if they exist in the fashion that so many people are claiming.

I believe that if such a secret society exists we wouldn't know about it and videos of their "existence", articles, and many other forms of information wouldn't be readily attained. If they do exist I believe it's a gathering of strong elite and rich intellectuals involved in politics, education, and religion. I just don't see them being involved in situations involving celebrities.

But I wanted to know what everyone else thought about it?

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #417
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

maybe because people want to feel celebrities are more important than they really are??

If Marilyn Monroe was "killed", Id be willing to wager the Kennedys had something to do with it...not the Illuminati

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #418
Hobodeluxe
Banned User
 
Hobodeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Here's a conspiracy theory. Out govt works for the top 2% of income earners. the rest of us are just given a lot of lip service as our political power is stripped from us in favor of corporations.

Hobodeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #419
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 19,163
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

^ Now that's getting a little far-fetched, don't you think Hobodeluxe?

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #420
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

we still have people that believe the Earth is flat and that our space program and moon landing are all fakes

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #421
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 19,163
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

^ That flat Earth forum seems composed 25% of true believers and 75% of parody trolls.

Also, they are completely and utterly unable to answer the most rudimentary critique of their "theory".

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #422
Hobodeluxe
Banned User
 
Hobodeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Back and to the left

Hobodeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #423
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Kennedy got whacked because he wanted equal rights for us darkies

at least that's what I heard

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #424
Hobodeluxe
Banned User
 
Hobodeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
Kennedy got whacked because he wanted equal rights for us darkies

at least that's what I heard
it might have been. or it might have been that he was going to end our involvement in Vietnam.

the military industrial complex wanted that war to escalate. LBJ got the message.
Eisenhower tried to warn us and Kennedy.

Hobodeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #425
BlackLantern
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 77,184
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

or that...

sorry hobo. I crack up every time I see your avatar....the whole situation was just sad and hilarious...all at the same time

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.