The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Conspiracies? Fun or Frightening?
Fun 3 37.50%
Frightening 3 37.50%
Ignorance is Bliss 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #451
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Well it looks like you're taking one tiny aspect of Operation Northwoods out of context, which is fine and kind of expected. I mean it's glaringly obvious that people try to downplay these things because of the horrifying implications, because if you allow for the possibility that this plan actually existed, well how could you ever go on trusting the military or the government? So you downplay it, focus on one thing and ignore the rest, and for what? Peace of mind? I don't know, you tell me.

They were talking about attacking their own country, murdering American citizens, and making it seem like it was a terrorist attack in order to get public support and set up pretext for their actions. If you don't see how that would affect everyone in some way, especially seeing that we are now living in what's called a "post 9/11 world", then I don't know what to tell you.

For whatever reason, that's easier to take in now that it happened 40 years ago and was stopped, and it also helps that most people don't even know about it or care to know about it. So the reaction is exactly what you just did. Shrug of the shoulders and who cares?

Last edited by Bob ROARman!; 09-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Bob ROARman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #452
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

The kinds of conspiracies and cover ups we really should be concerned about.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #453
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
how does the killing of Cuban immigrants affect some SUV driving soccer mom?
*walks in*

If she's Cuban, dawg.

*walks outs*

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #454
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
The kinds of conspiracies and cover ups we really should be concerned about.

This is why I tell no one to join the U.S. military, because you can be manipulated. The US has way too high of a record for unaccounted accidents, civilian deaths, coverups, deliberate lies, Iraq and Vietnam being the best examples. But also others like Panama, the Falklands, Pakistan, the Phillipines, Imperial Russia etc. This is just a transparent, let alone honest organization to the people it is supposed to be serving. If it does report, it does not circulate its facts enough by any means. This has been how it's existed since at least the Mexican War. Americans think this is new with the military-industrial complex, but it's really been there very close to the beginning.

Last edited by 8wid; 09-10-2010 at 11:16 PM.
8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #455
BlackLantern
Banned User

<---I served for 4.5 years and I am extremely offended by that statement, but I and others defend your right to have that opinion

BlackLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #456
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
<---I served for 4.5 years and I am extremely offended by that statement, but I and others defend your right to have that opinion
Well you could always prove me wrong .

Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #457
HenryJ
Banned User

I think one of the more pressing conspiracies is - what happened to Frederick Valentich, and why won't anyone in the Australian government submit to comment on the accident, even thirty years later?

HenryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #458
BlackLantern
Banned User

30 years...damn...

Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #459
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryJ View Post
I think one of the more pressing conspiracies is - what happened to Frederick Valentich, and why won't anyone in the Australian government submit to comment on the accident, even thirty years later?
He's on Nibiru waiting to return in 2012 probably.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #460
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick

Quote:
But how do you actually argue against that with mountains of evidence going against you? The Tillman story was just a single very publicized example of it. Like, how do you feel that cannot be true just because it's offensive to you because if that's true, it means you got fooled. A lot of people in your position cannot accept this. Believe me, you're not alone, but it's blatant that you guys really don't fight for us. You fight for corporations, not for our rights.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #461
VampElvis
Pimbot Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
Well you could always prove me wrong .
1. The claim was he is offended not that you are incorrect so your repsonse is irrelevant to the statement.
2. YOU put forth the statement therefore YOU have the burden of proof. Prove yourself correct if you feel it necessary.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #462
BlackLantern
Banned User

thanks, Vamp....I served because I wanted to, because I was a bit idealistic and I believed in something....I gave of my time, what the **** have you done other than sit behind a ****ing keyboard and wax philosophically about the evils of the world

Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #463
8wid
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ROARman! View Post
But how do you actually argue against that with mountains of evidence going against you? The Tillman story was just a single very publicized example of it. Like, how do you feel that cannot be true just because it's offensive to you because if that's true, it means you got fooled. A lot of people in your position cannot accept this. Believe me, you're not alone, but it's blatant that you guys really don't fight for us. You fight for corporations, not for our rights.
This is much more true today, with the exception in maybe the War in Afghanistan. And before that, not since the Korean War has there been a real need to American involvement in foreign affairs. Although even Osama Bin Laden cites his major reason for plotting 9/11 revolve around the U.S. in Saudi Arabia.

First off I am not personally criticizing your service in the military, so stop taking it so personally because I really don't want to do so because lower rank personnel are victims of the same leadership, we all got fooled, and it wasn't just the U.S. in the last few wars. I'm doing so for the institution of military as a whole, and not on a personal level, but formally. There are certain aspects to our lives we can't control and that become uncontrollable circumstances. And your service is at all worthless Black Lantern because you had the intention of making a difference, even though depending on which front you were serving on was already not going to have the full positive effects you have may have been hoping for, because just something that can't be done through military nature alone. And rightly so, was part of a larger poorly administered plan for occupation.

But just look at the number of wars the US has been in that are never discussed in the media or were ever initiated with a formal declaration of war, which means the Federal government can just keep going in without having to worry about the legal technicalities and can be made unaccountable.

Just look at this list and see how many wars the US has been involved in it its history and then the reason behind them and you'll the majority are completely unnecessary and usually for territorial gain, spiting groups of that won't agree with American interests when they take power, etc.

Now there are many wonderful things the U.S. military does like setting up a protectorate around Haiti that does not require armed entrance, and many humanitarian causes such as those in Pakistan more recently.

This video is nice to see to these days.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Wy5Cm3_Do

And the CIA has done alot of the government's s*** too.

And plus I should have explained that I tell no one to join the U.S. military because the two current conflicts are not actively reported on publicly, and there is a danger you could disappear in a covered up military accident or be made literally scripted into into a movie star without you knowing it or agreeing with it. Jessica Lynch was.

But if you need more evidence that the U.S. military has manipulated interests that would benefit a military-industrial complex than I can do that too.

Last edited by 8wid; 09-11-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #464
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

You gotta love Freemasons...

http://www.freemason.org/aboutUs/index.htm

Sounds good...then this crap...

http://www.freemason.org/becomeMember/index.htm

Yeah, I don't trust steps 2 through 4. Not only that, I ain't paying money for your little hooligan games.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #465
BlackLantern
Banned User

the only thing that seems reasonable is that they don't solicit membership....they won't come banging on your door at 7am...asking if you have a moment for Jesus Christ

Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #466
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
You know it happens though. I left after my CO raped another officer and got nothing for it. You have to have seen some of that type of crap. The military is worse than the cops when it comes to saving face at the expense of anything else.

That said, I like how people think the US is the worst at this. Actually we're probably...no scratch that, we're certainly the least offensive at this type of nonsense. Even the "we love to rape little african" girls UN troops make us look like saints in comparison.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?
moraldeficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #467
BlackLantern
Banned User

I know what happens....I know the military handles things "in house" and that they don't think they should answer to anyone but their own higher ups, who just want things handled quietly

Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #468
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
the only thing that seems reasonable is that they don't solicit membership....they won't come banging on your door at 7am...asking if you have a moment for Jesus Christ
So everything else u no agree with?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #469
BlackLantern
Banned User

there's what the Freemasons say and then there is what they really mean

Old 10-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #470
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
there's what the Freemasons say and then there is what they really mean
And what they really mean is nothing good.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #471
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal! View Post
And what they really mean is nothing good.
that's the popular theory

Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #472
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXHbgpoI80

Ron Paul mentions NWO at rally in 2007.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #473
BlackLantern
Banned User

oh noez!!!! here come the FEMA camps and anal probes

Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #474
Bob ROARman!
Side-Kick

Thank god for people like you BlackLantern. The world wouldn't be where it is today without countless people such as yourself.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #475
BlackLantern
Banned User

who takes Ron Paul seriously?? is he ever going to acheive a higher office than what he has now?? every 4 years you get this swell of people that support him and come Election Day, what happens?