The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Conspiracies? Fun or Frightening?
Fun 4 40.00%
Frightening 4 40.00%
Ignorance is Bliss 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #726
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,841
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Well, Parker Wayne ruined the fun...


Anyone up for discussing NWO to begin the year?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #727
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,241
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post

you have to be serious you.

What have I dooooooooooooooooooooone.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #728
SentinelMind
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North FL
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

the other thread was deleted so what did I miss? PM ok?

SentinelMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #729
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,459
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

I always thought the Moon landing was a huge conspiracy, then Mythbusters pretty much debunked all of it in one of their episodes.

I think people are always going to try and find strange things about historical and life changing events. It's inevitable.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #730
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I always thought the Moon landing was a huge conspiracy, then Mythbusters pretty much debunked all of it in one of their episodes.

I think people are always going to try and find strange things about historical and life changing events. It's inevitable.
Isn't i weird how no other country has ever successfully attempted (or at least publicly announced) going to the Moon, only the USA? Wasn't Russian technology ahead of ours at the time (putting the first man in space).

Isn't it weird how NASA/USA has never tried sending a man to the moon in over 40 years?

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #731
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
Isn't it weird how NASA/USA has never tried sending a man to the moon in over 40 years?
Actually, no. It isn't, all things considered.

Doctor Evo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #732
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
Actually, no. It isn't, all things considered.
I am guessing if China or Russia was going to land a man on the moon or mars in the next few years the USA would all of a sudden get interested again in Space travel.

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #733
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Why Dr. Evo? Look how popular that show Cosmos is. Exploring the universe...getting a huge step into advancing discovery into this great galaxy. How did we get here? How was the universe made? Can moon support life or alternate energy?


And we just give that up 40 years ago? Strange. It's weird NASA said we can't even go back to the moon at all because its too dangerous....

Cosmic rays are so dangerous and so poorly understood that people are unlikely to get to Mars or even back to the moon until better ways are found to protect astronauts, experts said on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...39657820080331

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #734
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I am guessing if China or Russia was going to land a man on the moon or mars in the next few years the USA would all of a sudden get interested again in Space travel.
You'd think Soviet Union or Russia would have tried in last 40 years, right? Why let the Americans have all the fun?

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #735
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
You'd think Soviet Union or Russia would have tried in last 40 years, right? Why let the Americans have all the fun?
It's expensive and basically when you look for things to cut in the budget it's an easy target. That being said when push comes to shove and somebody threatens your superiority, it becomes a case of my penis is bigger then your penis time(budget gets thrown out of the window).

Only reason US had any motivation basically in the 60s to do something great was not because they felt it was something that would be great for the country on it's own merits, it was to one up the Russians who were the first country to get a satellite in space. Once the US trumped the Russians, they soon lost interest which intern made the US lose interest as well.

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #736
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Why did the Russians lose interest? They've never been there once. No other country has been there, reportedly.

You believe landing on the moon and doing more exploration, testing...has no merit in itself? Yet we have all these programs about wonders of the universe, untapped potential..maybe business opportunities for wealthy adventurers....and there's just no merit to touch the closest celestial body in the universe? Nothing...

You really think its budget problems that's limiting our will expand and study the universe?

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #737
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
Why did the Russians lose interest? They've never been there once. No other country has been there, reportedly.
1. They lost the first to have a man on the moon race

2. Budget, starting around the late 60s/early 70s Russians were living on borrowed time when it came to their economy collapsing. Expensive projects sort of take a backseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
You really think its budget problems that's limiting our will expand and study the universe?
I don't think it's as much buudget problems as it is when you looking for things to cut for a budget it's an easy target. As I said if the US ever felt threatened by another country landing a man on Mars, I am guessing they would easily find the money to fiance a mission to mars and have a guy on the planet in 2 years

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #738
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
It's expensive and basically when you look for things to cut in the budget it's an easy target. That being said when push comes to shove and somebody threatens your superiority, it becomes a case of my penis is bigger then your penis time(budget gets thrown out of the window).

Only reason US had any motivation basically in the 60s to do something great was not because they felt it was something that would be great for the country on it's own merits, it was to one up the Russians who were the first country to get a satellite in space. Once the US trumped the Russians, they soon lost interest which intern made the US lose interest as well.
This pretty much nailed it. Going to the moon was less about scientific advancement in its own right than it was about competition with the Soviet Union after WWII and during the Cold War, and it was insanely expensive and impractical.

Doctor Evo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #739
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Ok, I'm glad all those 6 attempts by Americans under President Nixon's first term were all successful with no casualties. No one would anticipate dramatic loss of interest by entire world in exploring the universe after that. Not the military, business community, consortium of countries....it just ..died..and that was it.

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #740
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,820
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

This is one reason I am very happy that we have China. China will be on the moon in ten years, give or take a few years. And they're doing it for one reason, to show how big China is. They're going there come hell or high water.

I hope that China planting that red flag on the Moon will wake Americans up, and get them back into space. What better way to show up China than going to Mars?

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #741
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
This pretty much nailed it. Going to the moon was less about scientific advancement in its own right than it was about competition with the Soviet Union after WWII and during the Cold War, and it was insanely expensive and impractical.
And what did it really prove in the end? That the US got the better group of German scientists then the Russians. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I hope that China planting that red flag on the Moon will wake Americans up, and get them back into space. What better way to show up China than going to Mars?
Personally I would be buttholes and go grab the US flag and bring it home as a souvenir.

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #742
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
Ok, I'm glad all those 6 attempts by Americans under President Nixon's first term were all successful with no casualties. No one would anticipate dramatic loss of interest by entire world in exploring the universe after that. Not the military, business community, consortium of countries....it just ..died..and that was it.
Ignoring the awkward non sequitur, there's cost/benefit to be considered here. What would a manned mission to the moon accomplish which cannot be accomplished by other means? The former is a proposition which would necessarily be far more expensive than the latter, with diminished returns.

Your incredulity does not change the reality of the situation.

Doctor Evo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #743
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,820
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

A German scientist who ironically got (a lot of) his ideas from an American scientist.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #744
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
A German scientist who ironically got (a lot of) his ideas from an American scientist.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #745
Persistence
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 596
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
Ignoring the awkward non sequitur, there's cost/benefit to be considered here. What would a manned mission to the moon accomplish which cannot be accomplished by other means? The former is a proposition which would necessarily be far more expensive than the latter, with diminished returns.

Your incredulity does not change the reality of the situation.
I agree it makes more sense to send unmanned exploration units than manned ones. After all, with all the radiation and hazards out there, sending manned mission is very dangerous endeavor..many scientists thought there was less than 1% chance of success a mere year before Neil Armstrong's account. Just glad we were able to pull it off 6 times in late 60-early 70s without a hitch. President Richard Nixon should be given credit for his great vision and leadership. It just seems strange for 40 years no one has any appetite to send another human being....its now the 21st century. Hopefully the Chinese can pull something off and its not just political huffing.

Persistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #746
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,820
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

I am glad the first satellite and human being sent into space were the result of Sergei Korolev's work, and not a Nazi war criminal's. Even if most people have no idea who Korolev is.

Or Yuri Gagarin for that matter.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #747
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
I agree it makes more sense to send unmanned exploration units than manned ones. After all, with all the radiation and hazards out there, sending manned mission is very dangerous endeavor..many scientists thought there was less than 1% chance of success a mere year before Neil Armstrong's account. Just glad we were able to pull it off 6 times in late 60-early 70s without a hitch. President Richard Nixon should be given credit for his great vision and leadership. It just seems strange for 40 years no one has any appetite to send another human being....its now the 21st century. Hopefully the Chinese can pull something off and its not just political huffing.
Actually in theory Newt Gingrich's Moonbase made some sense if people are looking for an alternate source of energy. The Moon has alot of Helium 3 on it and if you mined it, one shuttle load could be enough electricity for about a year in the US.

I actually believe that's China's goal for going to the moon(other then showing off their penis)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


If showing off your might won't get the US in space, potential profit is the next most likely reason they will go.


Last edited by SV Fan; 06-21-2014 at 11:27 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #748
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,143
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups


__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #749
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,294
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Actually in theory Newt Gingrich's Moonbase made some sense if people are looking for an alternate source of energy. The Moon has alot of Helium 3 on it and if you mined it, one shuttle load could be enough electricity for about a year in the US.

I actually believe that's China's goal for going to the moon(other then showing off their penis)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


If showing off your might won't get the US in space, potential profit is the next most likely reason they will go.
The Museum of Natural Science here in Houston has had a piece of the moon project as part of their educational outreach that talks about just that....They've had it since 92...weird that nothing has been done to move towards that type of energy.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #750
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,155
Default Re: Discussion: Conspiracies and Cover Ups

Speaking of conspiracies I just found this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

which has a quote in it about

Quote:
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
Why do we ignore this? The treaty was made in 1797 and many of our founding fathers were part of it. Shouldn't this be a debate settler

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.