The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe World

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #51
Silver Knight
Banned User

Default Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute online

Part 5 was very good andshowed a great insight on the Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow rivalry.

Silver Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #52
MegaGeek
Side-Kick

The animation is fantastic. The story line is great. I cant wait to watch then entire movie when its released. I think its funny that this cartoon is going to be 10x's better then the live action movie.

MegaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #53
Silver Knight
Banned User

So far that seems to be the case.

Silver Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #54
gkokujin
Side-Kick

i haven't been this excited and pleased about an old franchise since i saw speed racer.

I am loving this!!!! is there supposed to be a new animated series coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #55
K.B.
Side-Kick

Finally got to catch episodes 1-3 this afternoon and I freaking LOVE this!!!

This is EXACTLY what the movie SHOULD have been!

As far as episodes vs full length...I dont mind it one bit. You know they are releasing the full length version anyways so it dosen't matter

Old 04-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #56
Johann Krauss
Banned User

Default Re: GI Joe Resolute airing April 25

The fight between Snake eyes and Stormshadow is amazing

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?epis...20b49221340025

Johann Krauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #57
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Holy Shiet!

They better make this into a series or at least a few DTV!

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #58
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

This is great ****, man! It definitely needs more killing! Take that Dark Knight! Snake-Eyes knows how to do the ninja! Him and Gatchaman!

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #59
Gatchamanjp
YO JOE!

That fight between the 2 preeminent Ninja of G.I. Joe, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was amazing.

Gatchamanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #60
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Just watched part 1 on Youtube, and I already like the look and the more mature-themed of this G.I. Joe anime. They even got Cobra Cmdr. right. Can't say the same about the movie, unfortunately.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #61
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Default Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute

Parts 1-10 now up!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?epis...20b49221340025

Part 1
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 2
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 3
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 4
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 5
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 6
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 7
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 8
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 9
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Part 10
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012

Last edited by FCEEVIPER; 04-23-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #62
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Thank you mods!

The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012

Last edited by FCEEVIPER; 04-23-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #63
The Avatar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceeviper View Post
Thank you mods!
Was it that much of an eyesore for you?

The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #64
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Sneak Peek: GI Joe Resolute Finale on Adult Swim
April 23, 2009

Hasbro's GI Joe Resolute web cartoon is gearing up for its finale that will air this weekend during Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

Starting last Friday, two 5-minute GI Joe Resolute segments have debuted at AdultSwim.com every weekday. Kids who grew up watching GI Joe cartoons in the 80s immediately recognize their favorite characters, only in Resolute the bullets are real and absolutely no one is immune from meeting an untimely demise.

Though Electronic Arts has no hand in Resolute, they did pass along a few teaser images from the final 10 minutes that will debut on Cartoon Network this weekend (Saturday night at midnight). Once the complete series completes airing on TV, it will become available in-full at AdultSwim.com.

Once Resolute comes to an end a bigger question begs an answer. Has there been enough interest in Resolute to develop an ongoing adult-targeted GI Joe series to air on Cartoon Network? The potential is there if scribe Warren Ellis had more than an hour to work with. You can help out the cause for an going series by catching up with segments 1-10 at AdultSwim.com.

Click on any image below for a nice high-res version.

The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012

Last edited by FCEEVIPER; 04-23-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #65
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

I'm glad they've made a more adult version of the series. But they need a strong story if they want to keep it up. And I worry what would happen if little kids watched this show.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:06 AM   #66
K.B.
Side-Kick

I am now all caught up and all I have to say is SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP! GIVES US MORE RESOLUTE!!!!!!!!!

This is just astounding stuff...The Snake Eyes/Stormshadow fight alone is one of THE best moments of geekdom in 2009.

Hasbro...forget Sommers and all that crap, you need to make THIS the G.I.Joe movie if you want to make dumptrucks full of cash.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #67
Raiden

Finished all 10 webisodes on YT, and holy crap that's the best GI JOE I've EVER seen. The battles are brutal, the deaths are real (
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I do mourn the death of my favorite character, Storm Shadow
), and they pulled no punches. This is the first time they make GI JOE with adult sensibility, and not a toy commercial for young kids. Quite frankly, I don't think we need a movie now since Resolute is what GI JOE should be, and judging from the abdomination that Sommer is cooking up (stupid CC design, laughable robosuits, lame one-liners), I seriously doubt the movie will be any good when it comes out.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #68
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: G.I. Joe: Resolute

Here's how I feel:

The Pros:

The G.I. Joe team functions like a tactically sound special operations unit. They have a technical support staff, they use the various members of the team with specific areas of expertise on missions regarding those areas instead of just storming enemy bases like regular commandoes, and when facing a major crisis they have simultaneous missions to tackle each aspect of the crisis. Which is kind of how the military would respond to a widespread terrorist attack. I also love how the have Snake Eyes actually fighting like a proper ninja. He slits peoples throats from behind their backs, sets up booby traps, and resorts to head on confrontation when the situation calls for it. In short, his uses guerilla tactics. Which is what real ninjas did.

The Cons:

Cobra. Don't get me wrong. They are a much more menacing and effective organization. But, as characters, they're all really flat and one dimensionally evil. Cobra Commander is no different than his counterpart in the original cartoon: He's a bastard for the sake of being a bastard. It's just, now, he's actually good at it. Personally, I prefer the Cobra Commander of the comics. An emotionally scarred, slightly delusional terrorist leader who organized a terrorist group, not with vague promises of wealth and power, but by an actual philosophy of militant libertarianism. On the same note, Storm Shadow, who in his best interpretations is a well meaning but vengeful man who simply gets caught up with the wrong crowd who manipulate his anger towards more destructive tendencies, is in this a whiny, selfish ******* who hates a guy just because his uncle thought he was slightly better at being a ninja. And Destro is seen with Baroness, acting like you basic sociopathic thug, instead of simply a business associate of Cobra who stayed away from doing hands on dirty work for them when possible. The best villains in the whole thing were Firefly and Zartan, and they had no lines and simply served as generic mercenaries/assassins.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #69
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Here's how I feel:

The Pros:

The G.I. Joe team functions like a tactically sound special operations unit. They have a technical support staff, they use the various members of the team with specific areas of expertise on missions regarding those areas instead of just storming enemy bases like regular commandoes, and when facing a major crisis they have simultaneous missions to tackle each aspect of the crisis. Which is kind of how the military would respond to a widespread terrorist attack. I also love how the have Snake Eyes actually fighting like a proper ninja. He slits peoples throats from behind their backs, sets up booby traps, and resorts to head on confrontation when the situation calls for it. In short, his uses guerilla tactics. Which is what real ninjas did.

The Cons:

Cobra. Don't get me wrong. They are a much more menacing and effective organization. But, as characters, they're all really flat and one dimensionally evil. Cobra Commander is no different than his counterpart in the original cartoon: He's a bastard for the sake of being a bastard. It's just, now, he's actually good at it. Personally, I prefer the Cobra Commander of the comics. An emotionally scarred, slightly delusional terrorist leader who organized a terrorist group, not with vague promises of wealth and power, but by an actual philosophy of militant libertarianism. On the same note, Storm Shadow, who in his best interpretations is a well meaning but vengeful man who simply gets caught up with the wrong crowd who manipulate his anger towards more destructive tendencies, is in this a whiny, selfish ******* who hates a guy just because his uncle thought he was slightly better at being a ninja. And Destro is seen with Baroness, acting like you basic sociopathic thug, instead of simply a business associate of Cobra who stayed away from doing hands on dirty work for them when possible. The best villains in the whole thing were Firefly and Zartan, and they had no lines and simply served as generic mercenaries/assassins.
Well, Zartan did have a line, or rather, a monologue he had with Scarlette like a typical villain who'd rather talk about how great he is instead of shooting the protagonist (parodied by Austin Powers). He was great early on, but unfortunately he was reduced to a stupid villain afterward.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #70
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Here's how I feel:

The Pros:

The Cons:

Actually, Storm Shadow's hatred is understandable. By teaching Snake Eyes that final step, it essentially meant his uncle saw the new guy as his legacy and heir. Snake Eyes would have taken the guy's place as the master of the clan after he died. All of this used to be uncontestedly Storm Shadow's so it's no surprised he's a little sore about it. This was further worsened when he confronted his uncle and the guy basically told him point blank that Snake Eyes would be the sole inheritor of his secrets and Storm Shadow would not get anything. Should that be enough reason to kill? Probably not but it's probably enough motivation. People have done crazy things over pride, jealousy and feelings of betrayal.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #71
deathshead2
Side-Kick

Hey anyone else burst out laughing when Roadblock bounces a rpg off of Destros head?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #72
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Zartan did have a line, or rather, a monologue he had with Scarlette like a typical villain who'd rather talk about how great he is instead of shooting the protagonist (parodied by Austin Powers). He was great early on, but unfortunately he was reduced to a stupid villain afterward.
So when they're seen killing people they're cool, but when they talk they're back to being stupid characters?

even with bare hands.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #73
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
So when they're seen killing people they're cool, but when they talk they're back to being stupid characters?
Villains in movies always like to talk for minutes before they kill the hero, and during their self-indulgence they are usually taken down by someone who saved the day. Zartan became such a villain in Resolute when he did the same to Scarlette and thus gave Duke an opening to save the dame.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #74
Blade X
Side-Kick

As cool and great as this mini series is, I don't want this to bec ome an ongoing "adult" series aimed squarely at adults on ADULT SWIM. However, I would like to see a SLIGHTLY toned down TV-PG rated middle ongoing G.I. JOE series that is both suitable for and appealing to both kids and adults on CARTOON NETWORK. In other words, I want to see an all ages G.I. JOE cartoon that is done in a similar way as the CGI CLONE WARS series is currently being done.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #75
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well this probably won't be a series. It looks like it was basically written as a one off special that they divided up into a bunch of parts.

Its not like how Star Wars clone wars started.

I think a better tone to go for is something like WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN which is made appropriate for kids but its not . . . dumb. And its quite dark and grim at times.

That would be a better tone since Clone Wars stinks up the joint quite often and Asoka is like nails on a chalkboard.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote