The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Nibune
Side-Kick

Default Origin of the Transformers

I know there have been comics and such about the origin of the transformers, but every time I try and search for "cannon" material it seems like it neglects something or changes something that was done prior. Ex: Quientissions (however u spell it) versus Primus

Even more disturbign to me I think is after 20 years, they have yet to explain how new Transformers actually come to be, not until Beast Wars did we get a better sense of sparks/protoforms.

But how do the transformers summon a spark to a protoform, and of course another biggie, does it take a male & female to create a new spark?

I curious if anyone knew when creators of Transformers would finally sit down and say, well this is how this happens, because i sympathize with Michael Bay having to trying a piece together the history of the transformers when its been so varied to date.

or does anyone have a take on how new transformers come to be?

Nibune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
lars573
Side-Kick

Default Re: Origin of the Transformers

They never will. Every new continuity they come up with will have new origin. Including Bay's movie.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

I think the closest you're likely to get to a "definitive" origin of the Transformer race is what's covered in DK Publishing's TRANSFORMERS: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE, which essentially follows Dreamwave's "cartoon/comic retcon" model. Granted, that doesn't cover any of the newer continuities. but so many of them already pay homage to elements of the G1 story as it is (even the Allspark of Bay's continuity is basically a pastiche of the Creation Matrix and the Underbase from the original Marvel comic).

http://jochimus.deviantart.com

Last edited by Jochimus; 04-12-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
lars573
Side-Kick

Beast Machines was where the term All-Spark came from. Optimus Primal had a line talking about "Vector Sigma, the All-Spark."

Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Beast Machines was where the term All-Spark came from. Optimus Primal had a line talking about "Vector Sigma, the All-Spark."
I know where the term Allspark came from; my point is that Bay's version of the Allspark, in both its outward appearance and its inherent properties, seems to derive more closely from the Creation Matrix (which imbues life in machines at the sheer will of its custodian, instead of having to resort to shoving a key into an underground supercomputer on Cybertron) and the Underbase (a massive cube of energies so powerful that they're fully capable of destroying life as well as creating it, and which ends up being ejected into space to keep it out of Megatron's hands).

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

In G1 (cartoon) they eventually explained they were robots created by the Quintessons that were used for slave labor and military campaignes. Eventually they went rogue and overthrew the Quintessons. The comic explained that they were created by the "God" Primus after he imprisoned himself in a forming planetoid. He created the Transformers to fight his rival "God" Unicron.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
brianbuck
Side-Kick

At this point, there are so many different storylines, and continuities within those storylines that any definitive origin story is impossible and probably counterproductive.

brianbuck is offline   Reply With Quote