The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #51
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Default Re: The Finished/Theatrical Version Of WOLVERINE Has Been Seen!!

Wow, wasn't expecting this.

However, That's just one person's opinion. I'm still super excited to see the finished version. Can't wait.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #52
chaseter
Bland User

The only thing us fans can hope for now is that they notice that they are making mediocre films and they see the backlash from this as well as X3 and the next movie they make they try to do better. But, I still doubt that and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #53
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
So what you are basically saying is that this movie was never intended to be good? They just though "Ahhh **** it, we'll make a crap movie and the masses will swallow it up!" Errrr...no.

I think there is a big problem with comic book fans being spoilt. Not necessarily here, but all over the place.

To be honest I think we should all be grateful these characters and this universe is getting the movie treatment. When I was a little kid I would of never thought in a million years that the X-Men and Spiderman would be in big budget films when I grew up. So I'm happy to see them up here.

That's not to say the characters should be crapped on. But I don't think they have been crapped on.
I think they cut as many corners as they could and I think they know they delivered a mediocre product. Why else would they feel the need to lie?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 04-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #54
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
The only thing us fans can hope for now is that they notice that they are making mediocre films and they see the backlash from this as well as X3 and the next movie they make they try to do better. But, I still doubt that and I have no reason to believe otherwise.
Even if every single comic book fan in the world went into uprising, I don't think it would make that much difference. Fox will still get their fazouls whether we go and see it or not, that's all they care about.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #55
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting this.

However, That's just one person's opinion. I'm still super excited to see the finished version. Can't wait.
I love you You need to work for a prevention phone line.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #56
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Even if every single comic book fan in the world went into uprising, I don't think it would make that much difference. Fox will still get their fazouls whether we go and see it or not, that's all they care about.
Then you continue to fund them...I'm not.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #57
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

So the finished version is basically the same as the workprint with improved CGI and audio? Can't say I didn't see that coming. I'll only see this in theaters if it's true that an Avatar trailer is attached.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #58
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
I think they cut as many corners as they could and I think they know they delivered a mediocre product. Why else would they feel the need to lie?
Because they knew that a lot of comic book fans were not happy about it.

Seriously, I honestly believe that every single thing that we complain about on here, will not be complained about by general audiences. If I'm wrong, so be it. But I don't think I will be.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #59
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Then you continue to fund them...I'm not.
Yea, because my 20 nicker will make a lot of difference.

I'll continue to fund them? Do me a favour. Even if I robbed a load of their box office take it wouldn't make one jot of difference.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #60
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

"Because they knew that a lot of comic book fans were not happy about it.

Seriously, I honestly believe that every single thing that we complain about on here, will not be complained about by general audiences. If I'm wrong, so be it. But I don't think I will be."

^Very true. Just about every comic book fan I've talked to hated X3, but all of my friends who aren't into comics liked it a lot.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #61
Juggernaut33
Side-Kick

Well, yet another lesson to learn from Fox. I think at this point, the best thing to do is just to ignore the X-Men franchise and anything that Fox produces. Man, they've actually succeded in ****ing up the Wolverine movie. How impressive is that?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #62
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
It's funny to watch the looks on the faces of members of the general audience when you explain some of these fanboy grievances with them.

They look mostly like this:
It does feel good sometimes to not know what the differences are between books and films. I envy them when it comes to comics.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #63
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Victory View Post
^Very true. Just about every comic book fan I've talked to hated X3, but all of my friends who aren't into comics like it a lot.
Exactly man, why do people find that hard to understand?

All of us on here are wannabe critics. The majority of movie goers are not. It really is as simple as that.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #64
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
It does feel good sometimes to not know what the differences are between books and films. I envy them when it comes to comics.
Seriously, I only got into X-Men after I saw the first movie. I'd never read a comic or even seen the animated series before that. I'm still pretty good at separating the comics universe from the movie universe so I'm not as harsh on the movies as some fans are and I usually enjoy both takes on the story. I can understand the disappointment, though.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

After reading this news, the day I see a headline on SHH that reads "Tom Rothman Fired!" is the day I'm a happy man.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #66
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Ofcourse Fox are liars. That reviewer was too nice to the movie, it's not horrible but it aint even coming close to be good either. The first hour I liked in a fun dumb way, the last 40 or so minutes were not cool.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #67
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Ofcourse Fox are liars. That reviewer was too nice to the movie, it's not horrible but it aint even coming close to be good either. The first hour I liked in a fun dumb way, the last 40 or so minutes were not cool.
What do you mean the reviewer was too nice to the movie? Isn't that a matter of opinion? Why would he hold anything back? If he thought it was absolute crap he would of said so.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #68
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.

Quote:
So what you are basically saying is that this movie was never intended to be good? They just though "Ahhh **** it, we'll make a crap movie and the masses will swallow it up!" Errrr...no.

I think there is a big problem with comic book fans being spoilt. Not necessarily here, but all over the place.

To be honest I think we should all be grateful these characters and this universe is getting the movie treatment. When I was a little kid I would of never thought in a million years that the X-Men and Spiderman would be in big budget films when I grew up. So I'm happy to see them up here.

That's not to say the characters should be crapped on. But I don't think they have been crapped on.
The thing is that this movie cost 100 million dollars to make. Frankly it boggles the mind that people would poor that many resources into something and be satisfied with it being a mediocre product. I mean, 100 F***ING million dollars. How much better would my life be with just a 100.000 dollars. Which is 0,1% of that sum. How much better would your life be...

And they spend all this money on obtaining an hour and a half of mediocre entertainment. Now I'm sorry but if you have that kind of money, that could save and improve the lives of 1000 people, then if you don't comit yourself to make that hour and a half or 107 minutes the best f***ing 107 minutes they can POSSIBLY be, then I'm not gonna boycot you, but I ain't gonna cut you ANY slack at all.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #69
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Dude, Why do we need the movies to be so much like the comics? I used to care a lot like, ten years ago, 'cause back then there was a lot of "comics are for kids" mentality, and I believed that a comi movie close to the source material would show people that would never read a comic, why we love them so much. But nowadays, anyone can, and often do, read a comic. Those movies are not there to showcase the comic world to general audiences. They are there to give new entertainment... I now enjoy the differences with the comics, and I found myself really curious about, for example, Deadpool, and what a younger me would have called a "rape" of the character...
We have to calm down... different does not equal bad...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #70
Spider-X
Big damn hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
After reading this news, the day I see a headline on SHH that reads "Tom Rothman Fired!" is the day I'm a happy man.
amen to that!

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #71
J.Howlett

Agreed Spidey.

Not to mention, Logan's memory loss as depicted in this film totally contradicts what's heavily implied in X2...

So sad this had to happen to Hugh because he and Liev bring it in the film. It's everything around them that's the problem....

Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #72
BMM
Side-Kick

I’m not surprised. Fox has been in damage control mode since the leak occurred, as any studio would be.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #73
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader View Post
The thing is that this movie cost 100 million dollars to make. Frankly it boggles the mind that people would poor that many resources into something and be satisfied with it being a mediocre product. I mean, 100 F***ING million dollars. How much better would my life be with just a 100.000 dollars. Which is 0,1% of that sum. How much better would your life be...

And they spend all this money on obtaining an hour and a half of mediocre entertainment. Now I'm sorry but if you have that kind of money, that could save and improve the lives of 1000 people, then if you don't comit yourself to make that hour and a half or 107 minutes the best f***ing 107 minutes they can POSSIBLY be, then I'm not gonna boycot you, but I ain't gonna cut you ANY slack at all.
In your opinion it's mediocre.

I don't think they set out to purposely make it mediocre.

And even if they did, it's gonna make a lot of money anyway regardless.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #74
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
What do you mean the reviewer was too nice to the movie? Isn't that a matter of opinion? Why would he hold anything back? If he thought it was absolute crap he would of said so.
Obviously all of this is just opinion. I'm not taking back what I said though. I'm happy that you are looking forward to the finished special effects and ADR but I'm not. I watched the flick and wondered why it was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Agreed Spidey.

Not to mention, Logan's memory loss as depicted in this film totally contradicts what's heavily implied in X2...

So sad this had to happen to Hugh because he and Liev bring it in the film. It's everything around them that's the problem....
They are excellent but they are sattled with terrible dialogue.

I'm the last person who should be saying this because I'm not on the, every comicbook movie should be dark, bandwagon but this movie should have been darker and more violent. I understand the X-Men movies having a (for lack of a better word) lighter tone but Wolverine's orgins should be played darker/more serious than this flick played it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #75
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader View Post

In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, Fox's co-president of production, Alex Young, states its the priciest X-Men film yet. I don't know if I believe that, given The Last Stand's reported budget (whichever one that may be). He could simply be talking up the film. I would say I believe him because he has no reason to lie, but...

Last edited by BMM; 04-23-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Closed Thread