The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #76
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: The Finished/Theatrical Version Of WOLVERINE Has Been Seen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
In your opinion it's mediocre.

I don't think they set out to purposely make it mediocre.

And even if they did, it's gonna make a lot of money anyway regardless.
Alot of bad movies make money and alot of good ones don't. Thus is the nature of the boxoffice. I didn't like Orgins (5.5 out of 10) as much as Watchmen (9.0/10) but I'm sure it is going to do better boxoffice wise, that doesn't make it a good movie to me though. But boxoffice is fun to watch and to talk about in my opinion so I'll be talking about it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-23-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #77
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

Quote:
In your opinion it's mediocre.

I don't think they set out to purposely make it mediocre.

And even if they did, it's gonna make a lot of money anyway regardless.

Sadly, yes. X-Men Origins: Magneto will probably be Schindler's List mixed with xXx.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #78
TNC9852002
Banned User

It seems like people are less interested in the movie and just more interested in using this backlash for getting back at Rothman for telling a lie about the workprint differences in the final film so that the integrity of said film wouldn't go straight down the media crapper, which would affect the company, the actors, and everyone else who worked on it, which is the real issue that people haven't thought about. He was wrong for doing what he did, but at least he had a halfway decent reason to do so. It's his reputation that's really making this situation what it is. Imagine if Christopher Nolan told a lie about TDK...

Hey, people are entitled to their opinions and I'm not backing away from what I've said. I always like to wait on confirmation before I go around spewing obscenities at people who, will never even read them, making them pointless, but now that this is...pretty much over..

I'm wondering, when will we be able to just sit down and just maturely look at the situation the way that it is? You mean to tell me that this film that we've been following for 2 years has all been worth giving a big **** you to FOX just because of these recent events? I don't want that. Not over a silly lie about an extra 10 minutes.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #79
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.

I'm confused. We were talking about the overall quality of the movie that was supposedly higher that that of the workprint because of all the work that was still to be done (besides the extra ten minutes). Everybody lied, not just Rothman. Everybody acted like oh, it's a completely different movie. Well it's not.

Not that I blame them, I mean what else could they do. Except lie.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #80
LadyVader
Smile like you mean it.

double post

Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #81
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Victory View Post
Sadly, yes. X-Men Origins: Magneto will probably be Schindler's List mixed with xXx.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #82
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader View Post
I'm confused. We were talking about the overall quality of the movie that was supposedly higher that that of the workprint because of all the work that was still to be done (besides the extra ten minutes). Everybody lied, not just Rothman. Everybody acted like oh, it's a completely different movie. Well it's not.

Well me and Chase proved Rothman was lying about a week ago, it's old hat. And it didn't surprise me.

But I personally, my opinion, was that the workprint was enjoyable. So if I enjoyed the unfinished version, I will enjoy the finished version.

The only thing that I wanted to see added in was some more details about Wade Wilson, why he got experimented on. It looks like Reynolds was lying when he said he has cancer in this, which is a shame, I thought he was better than that.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #83
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVader View Post

You're exaggerating a bit there.

The only times where there was talk about a "completely different movie" was left mostly in the hands of the speculating fans, many, like me, were obviously getting their information falsely as well.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #84
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
You're exaggerating a bit there.

..and if you were talking to me, well I was talking in general after reading the first few pages.
Nope.With a few certain posters on here TNC, they did act like those rumoured 10-11 minutes could alter the film greatly.Go look back in past pages of most of the current threads that have the most traffic, you'll see.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #85
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Obviously all of this is just opinion. I'm not taking back what I said though. I'm happy that you are looking forward to the finished special effects and ADR but I'm not. I watched the flick and wondered why it was made.

They are excellent but they are sattled with terrible dialogue.

I'm the last person who should be saying this because I'm not on the, every comicbook movie should be dark, bandwagon but this movie should have been darker and more violent. I understand the X-Men movies having a (for lack of a better word) lighter tone but Wolverine's orgins should be played darker/more serious than this flick played it.
I'm not trying to change your mind or tell you what to think. You wonder why this flick was made? I wonder why those god awful Fantastic Four movies were made.

And how can people say this wasn't dark? Just in the opening montage
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
there was a horrific scene in Vietnam. There is civilian murders and the story of the film is about people being turned into lab rats.

It has darkness covered for a pg-13 film.

Last edited by danoyse; 04-23-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #86
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Well, that's not good news. I liked the workprint.. but more is always better... usually. lol

Anyone else feel like it's been a while since they saw Wolverine? My mind is in the mode where I'm waiting to buy it on Blu-ray! Yet, it hasn't been in theaters yet! Geez...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #87
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Fixed those spoiler tags for you, Ace.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #88
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I'm not trying to change your mind or tell you what to think. You wonder why this flick was made? I wonder why those god awful Fantastic Four movies were made.

And how can people say this wasn't dark? Just in the opening montage
there was a horrific scene in Vietnam. There is civilian murders and the story of the film is about people being turned into lab rats.

It has darkness covered for a pg-13 film.
It's too bad the movie didn't keep that brillaint opening montage's tone. To bad for me and others ofcourse.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #89
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
Well, that's not good news. I liked the workprint.. but more is always better... usually. lol

Anyone else feel like it's been a while since they saw Wolverine? My mind is in the mode where I'm waiting to buy it on Blu-ray! Yet, it hasn't been in theaters yet! Geez...
LOL, maybe it's good the movie leaked so early. People who liked the workprint are ready to see it again.

I haven't seen it at all yet, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it. I don't really get that worked up over these things.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #90
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Exactly man, why do people find that hard to understand?

All of us on here are wannabe critics. The majority of movie goers are not. It really is as simple as that.
It's a mediocre film. I could care less if they deviated from the source material a little but I can complain if the plot has holes, the dialogue is cheesy, and the characters are flatter than cardboard. They made just a mediocre movie. I don't think that makes me smug or unpleasable. I enjoy well made films more than I do popcorn fodder.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #91
J.Howlett

The workprint is indeed enjoyable (to a point) but there are some fine details that match up pretty well with X-Men and X2 but others (the most important details) that don't match at all...and that kind of kills the idea of this being a prequel to those films. It's an average film at best...a bit better than The Last Stand.

I mean, was it that hard to craft a story of this character using the flashbacks from the the two films?

Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #92
dark_b
Side-Kick

1. facepalm
2. thats how you make 300 millions domestic

Last edited by dark_b; 04-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #93
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

^

Old 04-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #94
calibud
Side-Kick

Quote:
It looks like Reynolds was lying when he said he has cancer in this, which is a shame, I thought he was better than that.

I wouldn't call it lying, necessarily. He probably just used that bit of the comic character as the film character's motivation for being part of the team. And when the script doesn't pad out the backstories for 6+ featured mutants..

Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #95
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The workprint is indeed enjoyable (to a point) but there are some fine details that match up pretty well with X-Men and X2 but others (the most important details) that don't match at all...and that kind of kills the idea of this being a prequel to those films. It's an average film at best...a bit better than The Last Stand.

I mean, was it that hard to craft a story of this character using the flashbacks from the the two films?
What didn't match up? I didn't notice.

I know not everything was explained (like Sabes), but I didn't notice anything that went against the other films. There's still a lot of time in between Wolverine and X1.. so a lot happened.

For example do we have to see Prof X be handicapped in this film? If there's about 10+ years between the movies.. as long as nothing contradicts the trilogy, then it's all good.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #96
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

"I wouldn't call it lying, necessarily. He probably just used that bit of the comic character as the film character's motivation for being part of the team. And when the script doesn't pad out the backstories for 6+ featured mutants.."

^Like I said, the character TV spots have more depth.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #97
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Fixed those spoiler tags for you, Ace.
Ooops sorry danoyse. Thanks for sorting it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
It's too bad the movie didn't keep that brillaint opening montage's tone. To bad for me and others ofcourse.
S'aalll good. Yea the opening montage was great. That and Wade's scenes were my favourites.

I did like the final fight as well, even though it wasn't really my man DP doing the fighting.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #98
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
I know not everything was explained (like Sabes), but I didn't notice anything that went against the other films. There's still a lot of time in between Wolverine and X1.. so a lot happened.
Where is Wolverine being an "animal"? Where is Wolverine doing "terrible things" with Stryker?

Seriously, the biggest problem with this movie is how Wolverine was portrayed. Not Deadpool, not the parade of cameos, but taking comicdom's most famous anti-hero, who had been portrayed as an anti-hero in the previous films, and turning him into a boy scout.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #99
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It's a mediocre film. I could care less if they deviated from the source material a little but I can complain if the plot has holes, the dialogue is cheesy, and the characters are flatter than cardboard. They made just a mediocre movie. I don't think that makes me smug or unpleasable. I enjoy well made films more than I do popcorn fodder.
In your opinion it's mediocre. And I'm not talking about source material.

I'm talking about general audiences not giving one toss about most of the things complained about on here. And they won't.

Character development for example. Every single CAMEO CAMEO character had enough development apart from Wade Wilson.

Cheesy dialogue? Yea there was cheesy dialogue, but there was also some great dialogue. But I suppose that should just be ignored yea?

Plot holes? What plot holes? There isn't massive plot holes in this film. No more so than TDK.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #100
J.Howlett

OoAnd1,

The actual procedure was different in the this film than the flashbacks. Machines implanted him in this film. People did in the flashbacks. His dog tags are different. There aren't military people there, enjoying the festivities, and congratulating themselves on the success of the procedure(champagne all around).

When Logan escapes, its quite clear when he's in the hallway as he looks at his hands that he has no earthly idea what the hell just happened and what the hell are on his hands. It's much more gruesome in the flashback in X2 than this film. This is the memory loss aspect of the entire story that this film totally screws up.

The situation with Cyclops is stupid. He is entirely too close to Logan in the climax for him not to hear Logan's named called when Kayla says...for him not to remember him 15 years later at the beginning of the first film.

The situation with the claws. The X-Ray in X-Men specifically showed the claws were implanted in his forearms. There's no getting around that.

Closed Thread