The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Who won't see XO: Wolverine in the theatre?
Me, definetly. I want quality movies and more respect to the source material. 48 62.34%
I don't know yet 6 7.79%
I'll see it, I don't mind Fox and the quality/respect to the material 23 29.87%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #51
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Who WON'T see this movie in the theatre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
He should have more pineapple on that cake
The pineapples hadn't been added yet.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #52
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
The pineapples hadn't been added yet.
The workprint is same as the finished version. Click.

No pineapples spotted anywhere.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #53
JP
Smelly

Yes, I read that earlier today.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #54
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
This is like stealing a piece of cake, eating it, and then telling the person who baked it you didn't like it and won't pay for the slice you stole. And then getting mad at the baker for making a cake you didn't like.

PS: Why did Peter get banned?

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #55
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
There is no broken glass, just different taste buds. Either way, you still stole the cake.
The cake has to have some imperfections. It just depends on whether you not you enjoy it's rich chocolately goodness enough to ignore them.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #56
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

PS: Why did Peter get banned?
Check the reviews thread.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #57
night0205
Side-Kick

he consistently striked out violently against all the negativity...kind of like batman...

night0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #58
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

The poll is unfair.
I'll see it in theaters, but it's not like I don't mind Fox and the quality/respect to the material. I do.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #59
night0205
Side-Kick

I agree, I said they should close the poll...if they wanted to vote on who would see it bring back the old one...

night0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #60
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0205 View Post
he consistently striked out violently against all the negativity...kind of like batman...
You have no idea how much this made me laugh...

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #61
chaseter
Bland User

Yeah that was a great post

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #62
Theweepeople
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Your way of thinking is a bit off. Studios protect their movies whether they are good or bad. It is only a bad movie by your standards anyhow.

Someone stole the film and put it online. Fox and everyone involved were in damage control mode and were encouraging people not to watch it online. You would do the same if you were in their position.
That's not entirely accurate. Movies with blockbuster potential get special full length screenings each year. Bay did this with Transformers 5 months before the film was released in 2007. Paramount had a special screening event of Star Trek a feel weeks ago. Paramount intentionally leaked versions for both of these films to an audience because they were convinced the films would do great.

I'm very happy about this news.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i2b46d200e6140dd0696bfc19df6a62c8

Star Trek is already outselling Wolverine through some advanced ticket sales. There's no way Wolverine holds on to that #1 spot after the second weekend. I predict it will have large dropoff just like X3 and Fantastic four 2.

The news on Wolverine outpacing Iron Man 3 to 1 in ticket sales doesn't bother me. Iron Man made over a hundred 100million during it's first weekend. I'm not sure how these ticket sale trends are calculated but, there's no way in hell Wolverine makes 300million during it's first weekend. The Dark knight made a little over half that amount. Wolverine will most likely make 60 to 80million during it's opening weekend. It will get destroyed by Star Trek and end up making in between what X1 and X2 made.

CBM hack list:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnson, Rob Bowman, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Avi Arad, Pitoff, John Rogers, and Tim Story.
Theweepeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #63
Gmanofsteel
Side-Kick

I'll be seeing it in theaters. A friend had a bootleg copy and showed it to me and I for one enjoyed it. Granted I'm not a comic die-hard when it comes to wolverine so that may be part of the reason, but I'll still see the final cut in theaters when its out.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #64
Theweepeople
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
No its not.

I'm pretty sure its the 200 million (possibly even more) project named "Avatar" helmed by James Cameron.
Rumor has it that Avatar will cost over 300million when it is released. You would think that Fox is on good terms with James due to the lack of budget restraints but, I don't think the relationship will last as a result of a business decision Fox made recently.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-f...glasses-2009-4

This doesn't make much sense because most of the effects in Avatar were made for 3D viewership. I doubt that Cameron is happy about this news.

CBM hack list:

Mark Steven Johnson, Paul WS Anderson, Brett Ratner, Joel Schumacher, Kenneth Johnson, Rob Bowman, Zak Penn, Simon Kinberg, Avi Arad, Pitoff, John Rogers, and Tim Story.
Theweepeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #65
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Fox sure has a good relationship with it's theaters.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #66
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
This is like stealing a piece of cake, eating it, and then telling the person who baked it you didn't like it and won't pay for the slice you stole. And then getting mad at the baker for making a cake you didn't like.

If you ordered the cake and didn't like the taste ,would you get a refund?

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #67
chaseter
Bland User

Fox is like a restaurant that once made delicious food and we all loved it. Then, they started serving crappy food and some left while some others keep going back hoping that their next meal will be good again.

But yeah, if the cake was nasty then I would ask for a refund and tell the baker that it was a nasty piece of cake.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 04-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #68
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
If you're one of the few that didn't watch the leak and is going to choose to pass on the final film, I can respect that.

If you watched the leak, bashed it for a month here and are now choosing to skip the final film ---> YOU ARE A THIEF.

I've already said more than a few times in the Wolverine threads that I won't watch a bootleg or leaked film.

In my previous post I already stated that I will see this in the theatre, mainly because I'm a sucker for seeing action movies on the big screen. I just will most likely be paying for another film's ticket.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #69
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theweepeople View Post
Rumor has it that Avatar will cost over 300million when it is released. You would think that Fox is on good terms with James due to the lack of budget restraints but, I don't think the relationship will last as a result of a business decision Fox made recently.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-f...glasses-2009-4

This doesn't make much sense because most of the effects in Avatar were made for 3D viewership. I doubt that Cameron is happy about this news.

You know what, although I think that sucks for the theatres as well as for the viewers who were looking forward to seeing the new Ice Age in 3-D it almost brings a smile to my face.

Now this is just my guessing and speculation but between Fox cheaping out on providing 3-D glasses and also cheaping out with their films to rent on DVD not allowing the rental of 2-disc films with all the extras...I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of the money they are losing on a lot of these flops they keep having.

Hopefully if they keep producing more flops than hits they'll either eventually finally learn or may just die out in the future.

This is just wishfull thanking on my part.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #70
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I kinda feel the same way. If 2009 is another bad year for Fox then it's going to start a trend and if they are too thick to notice the trend and change their policies then they deserve to fail.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #71
chaseter
Bland User

They already deserve to fail

Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #72
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Fox is like a restaurant that once made delicious food and we all loved it. Then, they started serving crappy food and some left while some others keep going back hoping that their next meal will be good again.

But yeah, if the cake was nasty then I would ask for a refund and tell the baker that it was a nasty piece of cake.
To me (in regards to the X-Men movies) it's more like a restaurant that slightly changed some of the ingredients in it's dishes (Singer's films, to Ratner / Hood), so the dish comes out with a different taste, but overall the food is about just as good as it originally was.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #73
chaseter
Bland User

You can have my table!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #74
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Rothman didn't lie because he was an ass. He lied to protect the movie. If some ******* didn't leak the film Rothman wouldn't have needed to lie at all.
I can sort of understand making excuses for Fox but this is just too out there.

Don't mean to be rude but people like you are the reason why undeserving people get into public office.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #75
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post

That was the plot of Ratatouille, except it was about Disney, and the rat represented Pixar.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote