3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #251
nightwing06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Wolverine is definitely one of the most interesting characters from Marvel Comics,
over 100 years old but looks 30-35,incredible healing factor,cant get drunk,
and oh those Admantium claws.His origin and history in comics,is also interesting.
So thats why X-men Origins:Wolverine is a letdown.
Hugh Jackman is still great as Wolverine/Logan and has charisma and then some.
Character development is really low,i thought the flick would hang on to the Marvel Origin story for a bit,
but it quickly brings us to Logans association with William Stryker and the Weapon X program
The romance with Silver Fox works aside from Wolverine her character is
the most developed in the film ,Will i Am was cool as John Wraith
Wolverine
boxing Kevin Durand as Frederick J. Dukes / The Blob was funny.
Liev Schreiber was ok as Victor Creed / Sabretooth,but they basically turn his character into a Jason/Freddy type
How many times have wee seen a film about an elite group,they disband,
and the evil one goes after,the good one with the conscious???
Ryan Reynolds did the best he could with his very very limited screen
time as Wade Wilson / Deadpool.
Was it really necessary to put Cyclops in this??
Gambits accent comes and goes and they dont do much with his character
People dont mind watching a long movie as long
as its entertaining and interesting.So 20 minutes more for character development would have been ok by me.
I swear one scene was borrowed directly from Spider-Man 3
Non comic fans will likely praise this as a cool action flick,
but fans of Wolverine and characters connected to him will leave the theatre dissapointed
scale of 1-10 a 5

Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #252
CelticPredator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
I have not seen this yet, but I'm fairly excited to.

I have almost had it with internet fan boys, who ***** about every little thing. Whoever is judging this movie over the leaked UNFINISHED film is an idiot, and just WANTS to hate it. No way you want to like this movie if you're making your final opinion over an unfinished copy.

That's like me uploading a half-assed unfinished drawing, and having people judge it.

I'm not saying this movie is sure to be great, I hope it is, but I'm sick of the *****ing already.
Special effects DO NOT make a movie. So stop whining about whining. Thats worse.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #253
RootBeerMaster
Superhero:RootBeerMaster

Shock Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

This Movie was Awsome, it was a truly entertaing and funny movie.

Did it have probablem? yes but it was still a Great movie

Was it has Good has The Dark Kngiht or Iornman, no those movies reached extreamly high stands, most movies will never leave up too, so why tear this movie down because of that.

Wolverine was 20 time better then X-3 witch just sucked. it did have a few redeming qualites, but in general x-3 was a 2 with redeming qualites that made it a 3 or 4. Wolverine was around a 7.5 litte bit better than a 7 but not quite an 8. Wolverine was also better than Watchmen, Superman Returns, Spider-man 3 and Hulk.

I Now don't like theifs cause they really don't know what a good movie is, since they can't seem to watch a finished version.

Thing I didn't like:

What I didn't like about it was Gambit didn't have his Cajan accent, but Talyor more then make up for it with his Charm, Charismatic personlaity, and style that is Gambit. And that Gambit wasn't in it that much, but I let that go since it is Wolveirne's movie anyway.

Wolverine didn't trash the weapon x facility has much has I though he should have.

These are my biggest complaints

Things I like about the movie:

I Liked Super Mega Deadpool at the end and wolverine and sabertooth working together because Sabertooth want to personally kill wolverine. I thought it was a great concept and a great addition to the movies, so what if that doens't happen in the comics.

I liked Deadpool big mouth, before he becomes Super Mega Deadpool.

I personally liked the change that gambit's eyes weren't red all time, they just turned red when he uses his powers.

I liked John Wraith, and Agent Zero throught the movie. How they were used and the way that they were used.

The Bathroom Scene was very funny.

I like the suprise of how it's not the metal that make him loses his memoriy but special bullet in his head.

It had lots of action Scenes, and it's plot pretty good and much much more intresting then x-men, I personally like the plot of this movie. think this movie was just has good as x-men, maybe a little better, I half and half on that.

It's a decent and enjoyable move worth watching worth getting when it comes out on DVD.
I just don't get why fanboy have to have everthing a certain way or it's a bad movie.

HULK: I don't battle I Smash and if you talk to me again Hammerface I SMASH you.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #254
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Some spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.

The Weapon X bonding scene just left me...going "umm...that's it?" It had none of the emotional weight we got out of the comics, or even the 10 second flashback scene in X2. I was also very disappointed with how Logan lost his memory in this one. I would have much preferred that he had been partially mindwiped during the bonding process, leaving him the way he was in the comics; able to remember some things about his past but not much.
I think this is one of the plot holes between the movies, I'm watching the first x-men and Jean grey says Wolverine doesn't remember his life before it happened referring to the experiment and he has flashbacks of the experiment and escaping in the first 2 movies. I think in the original movies it was implied that he loses his memory before the experiment but they had to change it for this movie so they could have the ending. If he could remember the experiment and escaping then why cant he remember anything else unless he's memory was wiped before the experiment. I mean why can he flashback to the experiment and the escape but cant remember anything else that happened for the second half of the wolverine movie?

Last edited by DJ Fate; 05-01-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #255
E.Brock
In shape for the kill

the CGI had its moments but overall was sub par, embarrassingly so at times, and the dialogue was inexcusibly bad, it's like the writers read a book of "cliche asinine things to say in an 80s action movie" and then just copy/pasted it into their screenplay. I know they were rushed, but still - it felt like a bad TV show, not a multi-million dollar film. Will I am / Wraith was particularly bad.

I could go on for pages and pages about all the stupid things that happen in the movie (Cyclops's optic blasts do NOT produce heat in anyway, it's purely concussive. How are you going to block, then RETURN, a Cyclops laser blast by simply crossing your claws in front of you? Especially with obvious gaps? How does Weapon XI/Deadpool have 3 ft long unbreakable swords in his arms, and yet still be able to bend at the elbow when they're retracted? Why would getting shot in the head with an adamantium bullet somehow erase all your memories? Does adamantium break adamantium? If so, why didn't Wolvie's claws cut right through Deadpool's swords? How did they fool Wolvie into thinking his girlfriend was dead just by slowing down her heartbeat and pouring some blood on her? He didn't actually check for wounds?

On the other side of things…Hugh Jackman will and forever be the #1 Wolverine…He loves the character and you can tell by his performance on screen. There were parts were I actually thought Wolverine litterally was ripped out of the comics as is and put on screen. Also Liev Schreiber KICKED ASS as Sabretooth. He was the saving grace of the movie in some ways, as he was the only villain you cared about. In my opinon he is one of the best comic to film adaptations we have had on screen so far. He was menacing, intimidating and very visceral. Any parts with him and Hugh more then delivered to the fans. My favorite scene in the movie was also the most dissapointing. The whole adamantium bonding sequence was incredible and you will geek out whether you like it or not….on the downside it wasn't nearly as good as it could of been. They cut it wayyyyy to short and it didn't stay as accurate as it should have. I wanted to see something along the lines of the flash back in x2 but I guess the plot and bone claws dismissed that idea.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #256
J.Howlett

DJ,

Because they screwed up with this film. It should've been done the way it was implied in X-Men and X2. There was a way to craft the story to where he could lose his memory during the experiment and still have a full, emotional character story of Logan....

Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #257
Paloogin
Side-Kick

Another thing I remembered today that bugged me:
Right at the end, when Professor X was whisking the children away in his helicopter, we saw Gambit watching them go. There was a close up and everything. That moment was begging for him to have a cool one liner. Begging for it. Just have him shake his head and say "kids" or something, to make him seem more cool and enigmatic, like he's too cool for Xavier's school. Would have taken him from regular cool to Gambit cool.

Just a thought.

When God gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #258
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
DJ,

Because they screwed up with this film. It should've been done the way it was implied in X-Men and X2. There was a way to craft the story to where he could lose his memory during the experiment and still have a full, emotional character story of Logan....
True but then they wouldn't have room for a sequel and possible 3rd movie, the x-men movies are the only active comic book franchise for FOX. Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Elektra all seem dead in the water.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #259
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Brock View Post
the CGI had its moments but overall was sub par, embarrassingly so at times, and the dialogue was inexcusibly bad, it's like the writers read a book of "cliche asinine things to say in an 80s action movie" and then just copy/pasted it into their screenplay. I know they were rushed, but still - it felt like a bad TV show, not a multi-million dollar film. Will I am / Wraith was particularly bad.

I could go on for pages and pages about all the stupid things that happen in the movie (Cyclops's optic blasts do NOT produce heat in anyway, it's purely concussive. How are you going to block, then RETURN, a Cyclops laser blast by simply crossing your claws in front of you? Especially with obvious gaps? How does Weapon XI/Deadpool have 3 ft long unbreakable swords in his arms, and yet still be able to bend at the elbow when they're retracted? Why would getting shot in the head with an adamantium bullet somehow erase all your memories? Does adamantium break adamantium? If so, why didn't Wolvie's claws cut right through Deadpool's swords? How did they fool Wolvie into thinking his girlfriend was dead just by slowing down her heartbeat and pouring some blood on her? He didn't actually check for wounds?

On the other side of things…Hugh Jackman will and forever be the #1 Wolverine…He loves the character and you can tell by his performance on screen. There were parts were I actually thought Wolverine litterally was ripped out of the comics as is and put on screen. Also Liev Schreiber KICKED ASS as Sabretooth. He was the saving grace of the movie in some ways, as he was the only villain you cared about. In my opinon he is one of the best comic to film adaptations we have had on screen so far. He was menacing, intimidating and very visceral. Any parts with him and Hugh more then delivered to the fans. My favorite scene in the movie was also the most dissapointing. The whole adamantium bonding sequence was incredible and you will geek out whether you like it or not….on the downside it wasn't nearly as good as it could of been. They cut it wayyyyy to short and it didn't stay as accurate as it should have. I wanted to see something along the lines of the flash back in x2 but I guess the plot and bone claws dismissed that idea.
If you found the woman you loved in the woods a bloodied mess, with no pulse, would you check for wounds, or would you be so emotionally distraught at the thought that the woman you loved was brutally murdered that checking for wounds wouldn't cross your mind? That argument is completely lame.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #260
J.Howlett

DJ,

Wrong. Have the final sequence of the film be his memory loss due to the experiment...and go right into the Japan storyline, along with Creed and Stryker still hunting Logan. Or something to that affect.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #261
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
DJ,

Wrong. Have the final sequence of the film be his memory loss due to the experiment...and go right into the Japan storyline, along with Creed and Stryker still hunting Logan. Or something to that affect.
The only problem i see with that is he would have to lose his memory again before xmen 1, or else he should remember who sabretooth and stryker are. And they never explain why sabretooth doesn't know who wolverine is in the first one. I just figured since sabretooth is over a hundred years old he develops alzheimer in the 15 years between the wolverine movie and x-men 1. I think after wolverine loses his memory they can do the japan story and just not have any of the past come back. It's like a new wolverine adventure, kinda like when he goes to japan in the animated series and takes on the silver samurai

Old 05-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #262
Karelia
We Are Groot

I'd give this movie a 7/10. I thought the beginning war scenes were awesome. And Liev as Sabretooth was great. This movie needed about 30+ minutes to really make it better. It jumped around way too much. The action was pretty great, but the some of the CGI was not-so great (Like when Wolverine is in the bathroom and pops his claws out, you could really tell how CGI they were in that scene.) Ryan Rynolds was awesome as Wade Wilson, and I hope he gets a spin-off, he had everyone in the theater laughing. (I also got the Deadpool end-credit scene where he says "shhh") I enjoyed this movie, I don't think as much as X-1 or X-2, but IMO, it's alot better than X-3.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #263
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
If you found the woman you loved in the woods a bloodied mess, with no pulse, would you check for wounds, or would you be so emotionally distraught at the thought that the woman you loved was brutally murdered that checking for wounds wouldn't cross your mind? That argument is completely lame.
It's also lame to think that he would let the body there to rot.
After his fight with Victor, would he even think to bury her, have a funeral?
With his senses, would he not notice the smell of blood, being fake
or someone elses. I also find it lame that Sliverfox would not just
use her power to convince Stryker to let her sister go.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #264
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Fate View Post
I think this is one of the plot holes between the movies, I'm watching the first x-men and Jean grey says Wolverine doesn't remember his life before it happened referring to the experiment and he has flashbacks of the experiment and escaping in the first 2 movies. I think in the original movies it was implied that he loses his memory before the experiment but they had to change it for this movie so they could have the ending. If he could remember the experiment and escaping then why cant he remember anything else unless he's memory was wiped before the experiment. I mean why can he flashback to the experiment and the escape but cant remember anything else that happened for the second half of the wolverine movie?
Plot holes aside, I just think it makes that scene much more intense and meaningful if they erase his memory then.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #265
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Did anybody see the ending where wade wilson says who the hell are you to the weapon XI showing that weapon XI was not Wade Wilson at all but just perhaps a clone

Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #266
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Did anybody see the ending where wade wilson says who the hell are you to the weapon XI showing that weapon XI was not Wade Wilson at all but just perhaps a clone
No. I just saw head saying ''shhh'' on youtube. Does Wade see the head or full body?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #267
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's a deadpool ending but that's not how it happens.

Deadpool's arm reaches for his severed head and then he whispers "Shhh" to the audicence.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #268
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
Special effects DO NOT make a movie. So stop whining about whining. Thats worse.
I totally disagree...Hellboy is one of my all time favorites, same with Lord of the Rings...but if the special effects were not good...I just wouldn't have gotten into it as much. The special effects ADD to atmosphere, which is important.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #269
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
It's also lame to think that he would let the body there to rot.
After his fight with Victor, would he even think to bury her, have a funeral?
With his senses, would he not notice the smell of blood, being fake
or someone elses. I also find it lame that Sliverfox would not just
use her power to convince Stryker to let her sister go.
She died during the day. He doesn't find Creed until night.

We don't know what happened in between that time. He very well may have contacted the police, or what have you. Stryker obviously had his connections, and it wouldn't have been an issue for him to deal with.

But the point is, what Wolverine does with the body is not important to the story. It's not needed to be known.

Complaining about that is just grasping at straws, anything and everything you can find to try to make the movie look bad. It is not a valid complaint.

Stryker also knows her power. It's also not unreasonable to assume he'd take measures to make sure she never touched him.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #270
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

My Review:

WARNING: THIS IS SPOILER HEAVY. DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

An alright action-picture but too many jampacked cameos, underused characters, and messing with Deadpool's and Wolverine's mythology and canon doesn't get a 4 star or 5 star rating out of me.

Much like "Indiana Jones 4" of last year, I was anticipating this movie alot, and the final product is product of screenwriter negligence. The whole movie feels too bloated (much like what "X3") felt like. Too many actors onscreen and not enough time or patience to keep them all moving and doing things.

While I thought Jackman, Schrieber, Reynolds, Kitsch, and the others handled their roles well it's sad to see that we only get to see Wade Wilson but Deadpool is turned into a bleached-skinned, baldheaded, Baraka-blade-wielding, sewn-shut supervillain. HE'S THE MERC WITH THE MOUTH! He's supposed to be a jocular wisecracker but only in the beginning do we get this.

Dominic Monaghan's (of "LOST" and "Lord of the Rings" fame) Bradley/Bolt only has three scenes and whole character feels like a, "Why was he in this?"

Kevin Durand's Fred Dukes/Blob also is cool to see from a fan's-perspective but seeing the gelatinous, flaccid redneck just proves to be a "Get from Site A to Site B" informant. Only twice do we get to see the magnitude of his immoveable and inpenetrable power---then he is gone with hopes of seeing in a future sequel, though I doubt it. Goes from musclebound mohawked redneck to a redneck with an eating disorder. Huh? No mutation?

Kitsch's Gambit proves only to be an ally for Wolvie but *SPOILER* we don't see him join the X-Men when Professor X shows up.

Then, there's Wolverine and Sabretooth. The rivalry, the savagery, the brotherhood and friendship between them is handled well by the two actors, but when *SPOILER* Victor Creed/Sabretooth comes and kills Logan's or James Howlett's girlfriend Silverfox, suddenly the woman who was responsible for James volunteering to join the Weapon X Program and then become Wolverine, reappears at the end, all a part of an elaborate governmental scheme.

She is the basis for everything in Wolverine's life. She and Yuriko (aka Lady Deathstryke) along with Mariko whom Wolvie fathered a son with named Daken which in Japanese means "bastard dog" or "mongrel."

To have her come back to me, least in the movie, seemed a bit forced, rushed, and too much of "paint by the numbers."

But this review might sound like I am completely remonstrating or censuring the movie. I am not. I am merely pointing out the disappointments I had with it. Overall, the origin story is handled well, the two main actors are handled well, Danny Huston's Stryker is equally as good as Brian Cox's, and the action scenes are alot of fun. For an opening to the popcorn summer moviegoing season, we have our first sure-fire box-office smash, even if it feels flawed and uneven.

I'd give it a C+ or a 7/10.

Oh, and I got the Stryker ending where he gets arrested. I want to see the Deadpool ending though. Is it up online somewhere?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #271
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
There's a deadpool ending but that's not how it happens.

Deadpool's arm reaches for his severed head and then he whispers "Shhh" to the audicence.
LOL ok, i was on wikipedia 30 minutes ago and it said there were three different endings and the wade wilson saying who the hell are you to the weapon XI was one of them, i just checked now and now it says theres only 2 endings. the deadpool or the wolverine one. further proof that wikipedia is not always the most reliable source. i saw the wolverine ending at my theatre and was disappointed with that one. i wanted to see the deapool one

Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #272
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

i really wanted to like this film, i really did, and first 15 minutes or so i was really getting into it- and then thats it. why make Logan go through all of that AND THEN wipe his memory? now hes just a guy walking around cuz hes mad he doesnt remember anything, not a guy who doesn't know about himself and what he does know has turned him into a cold weapon looking for peace and redemption. and its one thing have cameos for the sake of cameos, but its another to try and force importance of a character (Cyclops, Gambit) to a plot when theyre only needed for to push a story beat. there plenty more that bothered me, but if they havent been brought up already here, they will.

i need to watch some X2 or Iron Man to wash the Holy Crap of me.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4

Last edited by javi1024; 05-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #273
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Not much needs to be said about how bad this movie was. I mean, there were SO many hints to it being a bad movie from the get-go with Sabretooth revealed to be his brother, and all the cameos of the other characters.

They should've focused solely on the Weapon X program. The most extreme thing about this character's origin, is when his bones become laced with Adamantium. But here, it's like "ah, well that stung a bit, let's move on shall we?". They made that scene, and that part of his origin so miniscule and unimportant. There was no emotionality to it.

Story was pure garbage, and since I don't try to know TOO much about a movie prior to its release? I didn't know about Weapon XI at the end aka Deadpool. Had I known that prior to the movie release, again it would've been a HUGE sign saying "DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE!".

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the love child of Spider-Man 3 and X3 after a failed abortion. I gave it a 1, but only because that is the lowest the poll would allow me to vote.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #274
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

people here on the hype are freakin exagerrating..

i saw it last night and it was awesome.

8.5 out of 10

Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #275
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post
people here on the hype are freakin exagerrating..

i saw it last night and it was awesome.

8.5 out of 10
so you like the bastardization of the classic story of one of comic's most popular characters?

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
Closed Thread