3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #276
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
She died during the day. He doesn't find Creed until night.

We don't know what happened in between that time. He very well may have contacted the police, or what have you. Stryker obviously had his connections, and it wouldn't have been an issue for him to deal with.

But the point is, what Wolverine does with the body is not important to the story. It's not needed to be known.

Complaining about that is just grasping at straws, anything and everything you can find to try to make the movie look bad. It is not a valid complaint.

Stryker also knows her power. It's also not unreasonable to assume he'd take measures to make sure she never touched him.
It was important to the story to know what happened to the body. With the reveal of her being alive, questions like this will reach the viewers mind. Many people have had a problem with it. The reveal scene shows flashbacks of Creed pouring blood on her, was it hard to show how her body was taken or what Wolverine done with it? But they didn't and it's up to us to take guess as what has happened just like the Wade Wilson situation. We don't know if he volunteered(and if so, why?) or was force to be Weapon XI.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #277
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

I saw this film last night at midnight and I have to say, it was awesome. Hugh, once again, kicked ass as WOlverine and the rest ofthe cast members were great. Overall, an awesome movie and I'll write my full review later.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #278
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
so you like the bastardization of the classic story of one of comic's most popular characters?

as if i havent heard this fanboy crap enough.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #279
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
It's also lame to think that he would let the body there to rot.
After his fight with Victor, would he even think to bury her, have a funeral?
With his senses, would he not notice the smell of blood, being fake
or someone elses. I also find it lame that Sliverfox would not just
use her power to convince Stryker to let her sister go.
AHAHAHAHA thanks for pointing out another lame plot hole

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #280
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post

for the record i am NOT a fanboy. i think Wolverine is a cool character who is massively overexposed, but i know a disrespectful unentertaining movie when i see one.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #281
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:

I strongly hate the Wolverine character, because of how he is made out to be some God AMONGST the fanboys just like Batman is over at DC. So I am the furthest thing from a fanboy. But I can still respect the character's origin, and other things that made me USED to like him more.

This movie...was horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
AHAHAHAHA thanks for pointing out another lame plot hole
LMAO! Hilarious. The only way they couldn't explained that was to show him trying to keep his distance with some armed men or something.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #282
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I thought the film was pretty good in spite of most of the complaints I'd been hearing. I was fearing for the worst. I give it an 8/10. It was good, but not Iron Man good or Dark Knight good.

I loved Gambit in it, wished there coudl have been more. Would have loved to se a telepathic conversation between him and the Professor. Why wasn't he invited to go along? Or had he refused? We don't know.

Loved Wade Wison, kinda iffy on Deadpool. It just wasn't the same without the motor mouth running, you know? I would love to know who sticks his head back on, I mean, they are talking about making another film with him right?

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 05-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #283
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
people here on the hype are freakin exagerrating..

i saw it last night and it was awesome.

8.5 out of 10

No one is "exaggerating", it's just individual taste and opinion. I thought it was okay (being generous) but the story and characters were very sub-par. What they did to characters like Deadpool and The Blob, inexcusable...

Old 05-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #284
Jacky
Side-Kick

Kanon, what an awesome review!

"Hardcore fans (or maybe not that hardcore) are going to cry in pain for many, many things, but those who can accept the liberties taken to create this new story, are going to enjoy and recognize the likeness of the original Logan, Sabretooth, Wade Wilson, Silverfox and their relationships in their new incarnations."

Amen to that. I think people should respect the liberties people can (and will) take when making a comic book movie. And people should judge the film by itself, not just in comparison to the source material.

I voted 10/10 by the way, I thought this movie was excellent.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #285
sniktsnakt
SNIKT

I sincerely wish everyone in here to have liked it more than I did. Someone might as well enjoy it. I wish I could have a bit more.

Maybe watching it a second time will help.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #286
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
I strongly hate the Wolverine character, because of how he is made out to be some God AMONGST the fanboys just like Batman is over at DC. So I am the furthest thing from a fanboy. But I can still respect the character's origin, and other things that made me USED to like him more.

This movie...was horrible.

LMAO! Hilarious. The only way they couldn't explained that was to show him trying to keep his distance with some armed men or something.
It was super lame and cliched to death that they went the oh she fake died and is back route when Silverfox could have just touched Logan and made him think she was dead. We could have seen those thoughts in his head that he sees her body and then come to find out that they were all just in his head and now that same person that did that to you wants you to believe that she really loved you. You see how a little script change like that adds tons of dimensions to those characters? Instead, we got a half ***ed scene in which leaves open questions about her still alive body.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #287
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniktsnakt View Post
I sincerely wish everyone in here to have liked it more than I did. Someone might as well enjoy it. I wish I could have a bit more.

Maybe watching it a second time will help.
NOOOOOO. Don't give Fox your money!

I can't believe people are voting 10/10's and 1/10's.............................................. ..........................................

Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #288
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
Amen to that. I think people should respect the liberties people can (and will) take when making a comic book movie. And people should judge the film by itself, not just in comparison to the source material.

No. Simple fact was that aside from all the source material the movie pissed on? It was horrible. Doesn't matter if they try to introduce the characters in a different way and different story. Simple fact is, if they wanted to go the route of Stryker's plan to "make an ultimate soldier" with the Weapon X project, it could've been done better.

Bottom line, is the execution of the ideas was very poor. I can stand and say X3 had some good ideas, but bad execution on how those ideas were carried out. This film suffers from the same problem.

I can write a story about nothing more than a kid and his puppy and the story is nothing more than the puppy gets run over by a car. It can be brilliant or it can be crap. It all depends on how I execute the idea. Everything about this movie, was bad except for the casting choices. The characters themselves were not bad in the story they were in, but aside from Wolverine and Sabretooth? Nothing else was FANTASTIC. And that's what makes this movie so horrible.

Last edited by trustyside-kick; 05-01-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #289
sniktsnakt
SNIKT

Quote:

I can't believe people are voting 10/10's and 1/10's.............................................. ..........................................
I'm actually seriously debating not going. We'll see.

I know; the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it still had major problems. I gave it a 6/10 like you.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #290
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

This film is easily a 6/10 rated film!

Utterly disappointing and executed terribly much like X3, the F4 films, Elektra and Daredevil.

People in here who give it a rating of anything above an 8/10 have no credibility.....period.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #291
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
He wasn't wearing the visor at the end of X1, it was floating infront of his face so he could shoot it on an angle and the beam was HUGE!

But since you're such an expert on optic blasts why don't you explain how dialing the visor creates a smaller or bigger blast? How come the force of the optic blasts doesn't push the glasses/visor off his face. How or why can ruby quartz hold them back?

And by the way, Deadpool doesn't need a visor, the part of his brain that controls the blasts wouldn't be damaged like Cyclops'. He can control the intensity of the blast.
The visor was in front of his face, his beam went into the visor that Jean was holding in the air, the visor modified his beam and he blasted Sabretooth. If he didn't have his visor then he would have obliterated Sabretooth.

Ask Bryan Singer or ask the man that created the character. You know you are wrong with this argument so now you are trying to belittle my knowledge...good effort though

I never said Deadpool needed a visor because this film is DIFFERENT in regards to X1-X3.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #292
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
so you like the bastardization of the classic story of one of comic's most popular characters?

This should have been a SOLO Wolverine film and not another force fed X-Men spinoff which caused this film to be ruined.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #293
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Utterly disappointing and executed terribly much like X3, the F4 films, Elektra and Daredevil.

People in here who give it a rating of anything above an 8/10 have no credibility.....period.
While I gave the film a 5 and don't share the opinions of other peoples posts, saying people don't credibility is a pretty stupid thing to say. Films are subjective, that's the great thing about them and maybe this film was more entertaining for people then it was for us. Everyone loves some films that most people hate or have mixed reactions to.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #294
chaseter
Bland User

This is not a perfect film by far (10/10) nor is this movie a complete disaster with nothing good in it (1/10) so people who vote like that just to vote like that, usually to spite the polar opposite, don't have credibility to me in my opinion. I try to rate movie fairly and I don't go THIZ WAZ AWEZOMEZ 10/10 or I hate Fox, this sucked 1/10...that is lame

Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #295
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is not a perfect film by far (10/10) nor is this movie a complete disaster with nothing good in it (1/10) so people who vote like that just to vote like that, usually to spite the polar opposite, don't have credibility to me in my opinion. I try to rate movie fairly and I don't go THIZ WAZ AWEZOMEZ 10/10 or I hate Fox, this sucked 1/10...that is lame
I agree.

As I said in my review a page or so back, this movie is almost maddening in how mediocre it is. It's not bad enough to hate, but not good enough to be a little bit satisfied.

The most frustrating thing by far is how they could have made such a great movie if they changed just a few things.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #296
BMM
Side-Kick

Edit.

Last edited by BMM; 05-02-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #297
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
Kanon, what an awesome review!

"Hardcore fans (or maybe not that hardcore) are going to cry in pain for many, many things, but those who can accept the liberties taken to create this new story, are going to enjoy and recognize the likeness of the original Logan, Sabretooth, Wade Wilson, Silverfox and their relationships in their new incarnations."

I can easily call this movie-verse and accept that some things will be changed. I didn't see anything that was devastatingly off, except for Brakapool. It still wasn't enough to make me hate it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Says, you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I agree.

As I said in my review a page or so back, this movie is almost maddening in how mediocre it is. It's not bad enough to hate, but not good enough to be a little bit satisfied.

The most frustrating thing by far is how they could have made such a great movie if they changed just a few things.
I would have liked to see some fleshing out of Logans' youth, some of the old team chemistry brought out a little more. We hardly knew some of these guys and then bang, they were gone.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #298
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm glad some people on here have brought up that sheer stupity of a computer controlled villain at the end of the film. When me and my sister watched the leaked version we rolled our eyes at that. And I know nothing about DeadPool so my complaints about the end baddie had nothing to do with it not being like the comicbook.

I just found the end villian to be sucktacular.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #299
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

UGH! I wrote a lengthy review, hit post, and I got an error and lost it

I'll write something detailed later then. I have no time to rewrite that before I leave for work. In short, mediocre and shares many pacing and plot problems X3 and 90% of FOX's comic movies have had. Wasted potential, but with redeeming qualities. However, the blatantly stupid scenes and horrible deus ex machina make this film mediocre.

5.5/10...I gave it a 5 in the poll.

IMO, X3 is better, so this another 4th installment that is worse than the 3rd film before it.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #300
sniktsnakt
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm glad some people on here have brought up that sheer stupity of a computer controlled villain at the end of the film. When me and my sister watched the leaked version we rolled our eyes at that. And I know nothing about DeadPool so my complaints about the end baddie had nothing to do with it not being like the comicbook.

I just found the end villian to be sucktacular.
"Engage."

:facepalm

Closed Thread