3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #301
GambitXremy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I think the movie was a 7 out of 10. it was better then X3.. i think we can all agree on that

Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #302
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Am I the only person that thinks Wolverine in these films is too nice? They call him an animal all the time, but only has X2 and 1 scene in X1 shown us this animal. He does nothing truly mean or feral in this movie that was unprovoked. Victor was the vicious one. All Logan did was whine and say we're not animals.

There is no animal in this Logan. Just the word animal appears in the script. This Wolverine feels too nice to me, and it has been a problem in all the X-Men films (sans perhaps X2).

Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #303
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitXremy View Post
I think the movie was a 7 out of 10. it was better then X3.. i think we can all agree on that
My husband does and he's not a real big fan. He was happy with this. He loved Wade Wilson's handiwork here:

Might have a new Deadpool fan in the making .....

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #304
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Am I the only person that thinks Wolverine in these films is too nice?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
My husband does and he's not a real big fan. He was happy with this. He loved Wade Wilson's handiwork here:

Might have a new Deadpool fan in the making .....
I thought Reynolds as Wade Wilson was fantastic.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #305
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniktsnakt View Post
"Engage."

:facepalm

That deserves two face palms.

Reynolds and Liev and Jackman's (charisma) naked ass save the movie from being complete crap.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #306
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No.
Glad I'm not alone on this

I'm not asking for an R-rated Wolverine...but a Wolverine that perhaps kills someone whom is not trying to kill him and actually needs tamed would be nice. Not this Wolviclops "animal" the films have given us. I mean, in these films, he organizes the team consistantly...THAT IS NOT WOLVERINE!!! That's Cyclops. Wolverine doesn't give or take orders well.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #307
Project862006
Banned User

i agree he is just o nice Brian singer really should of directed but he was doing Valkyrie this quote fro ma mtv.com review sums it up for everybody

"The hero — Logan, the snarly Wolverine — is of course familiar from the three “X-Men” movies; but Hugh Jackman, with his blinding smile, heroic hair and generally ripped charisma, plays him as less of a brooder this time out: He’s more fun, and funnier, too. And some of the new mutants he encounters here are so vibrant, you can almost see their spin-off franchises unreeling in your mind as you watch."

the bolded statement sums it up how badly they did not get the wolverine character what so ever

Old 05-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #308
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
While I can understand the frustration, because sometimes in the X-films he would throw out lines of dilaogue and do acts that shout out "Cyclops" instead, in this movie it was appropriate. One of the things Claremont & Miller did when they added depth to Wolverine way back when was this struggle of who he is: a man or a beast.

Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.

Last edited by trustyside-kick; 05-01-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #309
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I think X3 had tons more heart, soul and emotion. There were memorable, emotionally-driven scenes in X3 (Jean in the infirmary, Jean vs Xavier, the funeral, Wolverine marches up to Phoenix) and some nice character moments (Beast meets Jimmy and sees his own humanity, Rogue talks to Wolverine before going to get the cure, Bobby and Kitty before/during the skating scene).

I didn't find any of that kind of emotion and soul in Wolverine. In that respect it's worse.

But somehow Wolverine feels a little more polished, it feels a more quality movie in some ways, even though it is just a fun action movie with no emotional depth at all.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #310
Project862006
Banned User

i agree he is just so nice Brian singer really should of directed but he was doing Valkyrie this quote from a mtv.com review sums it up for everybody

"The hero — Logan, the snarly Wolverine — is of course familiar from the three “X-Men” movies; but Hugh Jackman, with his blinding smile, heroic hair and generally ripped charisma, plays him as less of a brooder this time out: He’s more fun, and funnier, too. And some of the new mutants he encounters here are so vibrant, you can almost see their spin-off franchises unreeling in your mind as you watch."

the bolded statement sums it up how badly they did not get the wolverine character what so ever

Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #311
Spider-X
Big damn hero

I saw the movie last night...and as of right now, I stand (and it hurts to say this) disappointed. I will be watching it again tonight with some friends. I'll be leveling the final verdict after that...but as of this moment I'm not too happy.

On a side note: Stryker had some really terrible lines. and the whole "we'll have to use Adamantium bullets" just took might right out of the movie for awhile...that's just...yeesh.

~ Malcom Reynolds

Do you like movie reviews, trailers, etc? If so, might I recommend my oh-so-tasteful movie blog: Reel Hero
More to come...eventually
Old 05-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #312
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #313
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
Nope, I agree. Looking at the video game clip from Timstuff, THAT is the savage, animalistic Wolverine we always threatend with. What we got, was pretty much Connor McLoud.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #314
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

LOL! That was pretty damn good.

At least they got Deadpool right!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #315
GambitXremy
Side-Kick

I like the scene at the end where wolverine doesn't remember who silverfox is or was... that was pretty heart felt.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #316
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like the scene at the end where wolverine doesn't remember who silverfox is or was... that was pretty heart felt.
I agree, it took a complete memory wipe for him to become the real wolverine

Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #317
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Glad I'm not alone on this

I'm not asking for an R-rated Wolverine...but a Wolverine that perhaps kills someone whom is not trying to kill him and actually needs tamed would be nice. Not this Wolviclops "animal" the films have given us. I mean, in these films, he organizes the team consistantly...THAT IS NOT WOLVERINE!!! That's Cyclops. Wolverine doesn't give or take orders well.
Jackman said he thought Wolverine had become too nice in the movies and that he wanted this movie to showcase his darker side to the extent that you could believe this man is the same troubled man we find cage fighting at the beginning X-Men. Unfortunately, I don't think the movie accomplishes this. This isn't the Wolverine that is likely to engage in a cage fight at the beginning of X-Men. That Wolverine would kick this Wolverine's butt. This is the Wolverine that is more likely to congratulate the fur-ball on a job well done at the end of The Last Stand. Granted, I think Wolverine has become increasingly "light" with each installment, so I can hardly say this is something limited to this movie. I do think, however, this increasing tameness leads to the kind of criticism found in Ebert's review in which he basically declares Wolverine a boring comic book character. The truth is, Wolverine isn't a boring comic book character, but he is becoming a boring movie character. The more Wolverine loses his edge, the more he loses the appeal of what makes him interesting in the first place. Personally, I found secondary characters like Gambit and Wade Wilson more entertaining than Wolverine this go around.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #318
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Why did wolverine decide on moving to Canada? It's not like he needs free medicare.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #319
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Fate View Post
Why did wolverine decide on moving to Canada? It's not like he needs free medicare.
HAHAHA

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #320
BMM
Side-Kick

Well, it is his home, so why not?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #321
Project862006
Banned User

wolverine from x1 is the wolverine that we should of got in this film he said next one he wont be producer and i think that's a good thing

please get singer back for sequel gavin hood sucks

Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #322
chaseter
Bland User

Singer's approach to show us his claws up close and using practical effects was better than most of the mediocre CGI shots.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #323
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Well, it is his home, so why not?
I guess they never say what he is at the start of the movie, but he fights in all the American wars, then when he leaves the group he moves to Canada and changes his names from James to Logan. I think in the comic books he was always Canadian.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #324
BMM
Side-Kick

Eh, I don't think Hood was the problem.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #325
marty mcfly
Nobody calls me chicken

Meh. I thought it was pretty good until Logan decides to go through with the Weapon X experiment. From then on, it all went down hill.

And with
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stryker controlling Deadpool through a computer...

That was a little weak. I just feel like the awe and excitement of these movies is gone because they try to pack too much stuff in.

I mean they show all the mutants in the trailers and that was pretty much it for them... they weren't in any other scenes. Just a waste

Closed Thread