3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #326
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Fate View Post
I guess they never say what he is at the start of the movie, but he fights in all the American wars, then when he leaves the group he moves to Canada and changes his names from James to Logan. I think in the comic books he was always Canadian.
The opening scene notes he is living in Canada when he is a boy and first discovers his mutation. I believe he and Victor are fighting in the wars because the wars are supposed to suit their nature, not necessarily their nationality.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #327
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
The opening scene notes he is living in Canada when he is a boy and first discovers his mutation. I believe he and Victor are fighting in the wars because it supposed to suit their nature, not necessarily their nationality.
I missed that or was too drunk in the theatre at the starting of the movie. The running joke seemed like he was saying im Canadien like he wasn't before especially when stryker tells him what he can do for his country. What a waste of a joke.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #328
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

The obviously spent 10's of millions of tax payers dollars on the project, facilities and equipment and he has to type words into a computer?? Your telling me they couldn't get something were he can control with voice commands?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #329
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post

If I had to sum this up, in one word it would be...

Mediocre.

This is a film that is ruled by mediocrity. In fact, It's infuriating for it.
Overall, it's not horrible, but the whole movie reeks of a missed opportunity.

Exactly!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #330
Nell2ThaIzzay

the hypocracy regarding these movies is amazing. despite fighting in 4 wars, jaded to the point that he casually storms normandy with a cigar in his mouth, and gets in viscious fights, moreso than any other x flick, all because he is blinded by rage, fury, and revenge, hes not an animal because hes provoked. but x2 is him being an animal because of the mansion scene. . . cuz we all know that he wasnt provoked in that scene...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #331
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
the hypocracy regarding these movies is amazing. despite fighting in 4 wars, jaded to the point that he casually storms normandy with a cigar in his mouth, and gets in viscious fights, moreso than any other x flick, all because he is blinded by rage, fury, and revenge, hes not an animal because hes provoked. but x2 is him being an animal because of the mansion scene. . . cuz we all know that he wasnt provoked in that scene...
I think this is the only movie that really showed his eagerness to fight. Every time he met a new character he had to fight them, that actually reminded me of the Wolverine from the comics. Although it seems to be something that be people are complaining about...

Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #332
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I liked the movie,but it felt rushed.They could of went deeper into some areas which would of made the film alot better.I give it a 7 out of 10.

Like when it shows Wolverine and Sabertooth fighting side by side in all of those different wars,they should of spent like 3 to 5 minutes on each war with some dialogue and better camera angles that isn't out of focused.

Gambit's character seemed crappy.The things I didn't like about him:
1.His appearance,he has long hair and looks like Wolverine's kid brother.They should of made him look different from Wolverine.

2.Gambit having cat like super powers also ruined his character.

3.When he threw a card you didn't see the pink orb around it when it flew,it was like his power was wind.

4.Gambit levitating cards also seemed weird.

^I hated seeing Gambit in this movie because of the reasons that I mentioned.They totally blew a great opportunity with that character.

Deadpool was cool,but they should of gave him more screentime.And they should of showed him getting sick and Stryker using Wolverines healing factor to inject it into Deadpool so he would be cured.And show him becoming deformed and psychotic from being injected with another mutant's power.

So when they put more powers into him,he would really be deformed and psychotic...
Deadpool should of had his mask on for the final fight,it just would of made it more epic,and it would of made sense sense he would of had a jacked up looking face.

He should of also been injected with Agent zero's power so he could be a super marksman.

His new powers as Deadpool:
1.His swords coming out of his arms,adamantium blades,kinda cool.

2.Optic blasts seemed too much.

3.Teleportation,very nice.

4.Super healing,cool.

Kinda wished they would of showed Cyclops in a better way.Like show how Stryker could even find him.Like maybe some bullies are picking on Scott and when they knock him down his glasses come off and Scott's optic beam takes out half the school.

-Blob was cool,just wish he was bigger and was big from the beginning.

-Agent Zero was cool how he is a super marksman,just hate how they also gave him catlike powers where he can leap over really high obstacles.

-Wraith,he was ok.

-Sabertooth,was awesome.

Hated how Wolverine's girlfriend was a fake,that she was working for Stryker,and hated that they didn't get someone hotter to play her.They should of made Stryker kill her by sending Agent Zero,making Wolverine go after Stryker.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #333
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

Just got back. I rated it a 6 out of 10, but there's probably a margin of error of +/- 1 considering I haven't really let it cool down yet.

Basically, it had some good moments, and I found it entertaining with some serviceable action, but considering what it had to live up to, I think it failed.

Would've been a lot better if it would've possibly stayed a bit longer in certain moments... so to speak. Elaborated on some stuff.
I don't see why Logan and Victor's relationship and their "breakup" couldn't have been given some more time. They're brothers, they've looked after each other for 150 years (or something like that)... slowly Victor has grown more violent and dark... that problem really should've been given some more time.

Effects wise I didn't really think it felt up to snuff. Wolverine's metal claws looked abysmal at points... I mean, like something from Roger Rabbit... and the attempt to make Patrick Stewart look younger just looked weird.
Wire work also didn't seem very impressive.

All in all: Meh.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #334
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
The obviously spent 10's of millions of tax payers dollars on the project, facilities and equipment and he has to type words into a computer?? Your telling me they couldn't get something were he can control with voice commands?
Err, over 15 years before X-Men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
2.Gambit having cat like super powers also ruined his character.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I used to believe that a superhuman agility was part of his mutant ability (I think it's mentioned in that basketball game they play right before meeting Omega Red, X-Men 4, when they agree to play without powers)

Old 05-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #335
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Err, over 15 years before X-Men...
Don't give me the its 1980 they don't have technology for voice command equipment when they are filling a human with undestructable metal and controlling the mind of a dead person with text prompts : )

Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #336
acedrake
Side-Kick

Awsome movie!!!! Great funny moments and outstanding fight scenes. Love the part when
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Remmy is talking trash behind wolvy and wolvy just elbows him in the face. It was precious!!!!

In any event. I had a blast. Dont understand the hate or the over analyzation of a comic book property or the want of someone other than the main character to have a meaty part. Even so all the really mutants that needed some kick arse time got it. Remmy was awsome unleasing his powers. Wade was OH MY GOD awsome. I got the Wade ending. Loved it!!! ANy ways, my opinion. Loved this movie wayyyyyy better than BB. BB was too much of a snorefest and that bat voice......wow. BUT!!! This is the wolverine forum, so I expect that wolvy fans will be reading this and not the haters. If you havent, go see this movie and enjoy it for what it is. A darn fun romp.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #337
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

You are intitled to your opinion.

I'm not a big fan of Batman Begins but this movie was nowhere near as good as Batman Begins to me. It's not even as good as the horribly aged X-men, a movie I never loved by the way.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #338
bunk
superhero fan

I'm still debating on whether to see this or not. I'd like to be able to talk about it I guess.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #339
DJ Fate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
I'm still debating on whether to see this or not. I'd like to be able to talk about it I guess.
you should see it bunk, so then you can say seeing it was bunk

Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #340
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

How did the adamantium bond only to his bones and nothing else in his body?

Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #341
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
you should see it bunk, so then you can say seeing it was bunk

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #342
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowfx View Post
How did the adamantium bond only to his bones and nothing else in his body?
They pierced to the bones, and inject it...

Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #343
danielisthor
Side-Kick

Went to the 12:01 showing last night and after nitpicking (the movie -vs- the comic)whole thing to my wife then sleeping on it, I'm giving it an 8. It could of been better but I enjoyed it.

I can only assume that eventually Wade will find his head and re-attach it and then open up his lips.

I'm guessing #2 will be staged in Japan or Madripoor.

My wife doesn't believe the crap with the adamantium bullet either......

Holly Noelle Hanna born 12/14/2009 @5:32pm. 7lb 3oz 18 3/4" in length making me a very happy new daddy.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #344
acedrake
Side-Kick

Actually
Wade did find his head and then he looks at you and says "Shhhhhhhh" :-D braking the 4th wall Genius I say

I am going to see it again tomorrow. See if I can catch the other ending plus I want to see it again. Cant wait for the dvd.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #345
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

My friend went to the midnight premiere and didn't like it. He said there were a few cheers, but at least a good fourth of the theater left.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #346
Rick Roll'd
Side-Kick

Oh Silver fox is white? I could have sworn she was a native american. Huh well that adds to alot of what makes this movie bad. But i will say creed was awesome.

reading the script to gi joe was" like having an eggbeater jammed up your butt with a wild man on the crank"
Old 05-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #347
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
Awsome movie!!!! Great funny moments and outstanding fight scenes. Love the part when
Remmy is talking trash behind wolvy and wolvy just elbows him in the face. It was precious!!!!

In any event. I had a blast. Dont understand the hate or the over analyzation of a comic book property or the want of someone other than the main character to have a meaty part. Even so all the really mutants that needed some kick arse time got it. Remmy was awsome unleasing his powers. Wade was OH MY GOD awsome. I got the Wade ending. Loved it!!! ANy ways, my opinion. Loved this movie wayyyyyy better than BB. BB was too much of a snorefest and that bat voice......wow. BUT!!! This is the wolverine forum, so I expect that wolvy fans will be reading this and not the haters. If you havent, go see this movie and enjoy it for what it is. A darn fun romp.

I'm a Wolverine fan and I've been waiting for a long time for a GREAT SOLO Wolverine film.

The film I saw last night was a waste of time and it was a mediocre, unbalanced waste. I wanted this film to be good....but it wasn't.

I heard bad things and it was disappointing to see the direction Fox ended up taking with this film.

Rothman manipulated and suckered Jackman, Benioff and Hood into making crap.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #348
Dark Knight
Banned User

Which Hugh Jackman movie is the worst Van Helsing, Australia, The Fountain, or X Men Origins??

Last edited by Dark Knight; 05-01-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #349
Psionic Force
Side-Kick

I liked it ALOT! Some surprises I was not expecting .... way above expectations

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #350
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

When Wolverine got shot in the head, did it make sense that the adamantium healed?

Closed Thread