The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Rate X-Men Origins: Wolverine
10 - Excellent 24 5.08%
9 29 6.14%
8 74 15.68%
7 97 20.55%
6 70 14.83%
5 67 14.19%
4 37 7.84%
3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #351
The Geek Vault
Come at me bro
 
The Geek Vault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hybris
Posts: 5,701
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I actually enjoyed the film a lot more than I thought I was going to. The changes they made either worked or could be switched up to work.

__________________
Conquer Life
The Geek Vault is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #352
gkokujin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a house
Posts: 2,439
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
When Wolverine got shot in the head, did it make sense that the adamantium healed?

errorrrrrrrrrr

errorrrrrrrrrrr

__________________
If you are offended, remain offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #353
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I gotta give it a 7/7.5.../10

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #354
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, but it wasn't anything special either. I'd give it a 7/10.

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #355
Strange
Side-Kick
 
Strange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Returning videotapes
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I give it 8 out of 10. It was a pretty good movie. My biggest problem was Deadpool. I give Wade Wilson a 10/10 and Deadpool a 4/10. Why would they want to ruin such a great character.

__________________
Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?
Strange is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #356
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,884
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
the hypocracy regarding these movies is amazing. despite fighting in 4 wars, jaded to the point that he casually storms normandy with a cigar in his mouth, and gets in viscious fights, moreso than any other x flick, all because he is blinded by rage, fury, and revenge, hes not an animal because hes provoked. but x2 is him being an animal because of the mansion scene. . . cuz we all know that he wasnt provoked in that scene...
This is a prequel, not a sequel. By X2, Wolverine was fighting the animal inside him. However, he released it when the mansion was in danger. Very refreshing to watch. The fact he needed to be provoked in that film and the X-Men films makes sense. This film comes out before he's touched by Xavier or anyone, and even before Kayla tries to make him nicer, when he's in Stryker's group...HE DOES NOTHING ANIMAL LIKE!!! All he does is say we're not animals. I waited the whole movie to see him release it, but he doesn't. Wolverine in this film should have been more vicious than in say X2, where he was clearly more vicious than in this movie.

While the franchise got many character's right, I can't give them any better than a C for Wolverine's treatment throughout the series (including all 4 films). Jackman is certainly not to blame for this. The writing, direction, and producing is.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #357
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is a prequel, not a sequel. By X2, Wolverine was fighting the animal inside him. However, he released it when the mansion was in danger. Very refreshing to watch. The fact he needed to be provoked in that film and the X-Men films makes sense. This film comes out before he's touched by Xavier or anyone, and even before Kayla tries to make him nicer, when he's in Stryker's group...HE DOES NOTHING ANIMAL LIKE!!! All he does is say we're not animals. I waited the whole movie to see him release it, but he doesn't. Wolverine in this film should have been more vicious than in say X2, where he was clearly more vicious than in this movie.

While the franchise got many character's right, I can't give them any better than a C for Wolverine's treatment throughout the series (including all 4 films). Jackman is certainly not to blame for this. The writing, direction, and producing is.

I thought they really nailed Wolverine in X2. I still get chills when he pins that guy to the fridge in the mansion scene.

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #358
danielisthor
Side-Kick
 
danielisthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: -----[]
Posts: 3,569
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
Actually
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wade did find his head and then he looks at you and says "Shhhhhhhh" :-D braking the 4th wall Genius I say


I am going to see it again tomorrow. See if I can catch the other ending plus I want to see it again. Cant wait for the dvd.

Are you effing with me or did that really happen? I don't remember that. If it did, I'll go have to see it again.

__________________
Holly Noelle Hanna born 12/14/2009 @5:32pm. 7lb 3oz 18 3/4" in length making me a very happy new daddy.
danielisthor is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #359
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,135
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I give this film B+ it was better than X3, but it lacked in certain areas that ruined the film .

The Caped Knight is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #360
Crook
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 16,301
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Christ, how is it that I had my expectations WAY low for this flick, and the film still manages to disappoint? What the hell?

This is officially the biggest disappointment I've seen from a comic book film since SM3. Even worse, because in comparison to the other flicks it's just..inconceivably bad. I was completely taken aback by the shoddy effects work. What was the budget for this movie, and who the hell did they hire? Bleh. Acting was actually pretty decent, but the script was horrendous.

And Gavin...oh Gavin. When I first heard he was attached, I was pretty damn excited. I don't know if it was the studio, another case of an indie director being thrust into unfamiliar territory, or a little bit of both. But Gavin did not work as the helmer for this flick. Combined with the lazy writing and laughable directing, it was just a mess. Whose idea was it to rip EVERY single action movie cliche there ever was? I counted at least 9 blatantly stupid moments. And the audience laughed at about half of 'em. Considering these were supposed to be serious scenes with drama and emotion....yeah, not a good sign.

Couldn't believe something could be this bad. Wolverine was a crowd favorite with X1 and X2. Now, like Spidey, I suspect the last film has left a bitter taste in their mouths.

Crook is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #361
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,884
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
I thought they really nailed Wolverine in X2. I still get chills when he pins that guy to the fridge in the mansion scene.
The first half of X1 and X2 do a very good job with Wolverine. However, X3 and this film do a lot with him I feel was wrong.

X1 I felt was even off when he starts coming up with the plan to defeat Magneto. Cyclops is the field leader and strategist, and having Wolverine tell Cyclops what they should do I felt both underminded Cyclops and made Wolverine far too much a team player. At least in X2, he abandons everyone without saying a word to go for Stryker. Makes up for this mistake in X1.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #362
GambitXremy
Side-Kick
 
GambitXremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,082
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

The end scene with deadpool classic....NUFF SAID

GambitXremy is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #363
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick
 
Spidey 2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The NEW gotham!
Posts: 4,708
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Aweseom movie, 8 out of ten...

Really fun and exciting. Was very worth defending all these weeks.

__________________
Crime never wins....
cont. The Shadow
Spidey 2007 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #364
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is a prequel, not a sequel. By X2, Wolverine was fighting the animal inside him. However, he released it when the mansion was in danger. Very refreshing to watch. The fact he needed to be provoked in that film and the X-Men films makes sense. This film comes out before he's touched by Xavier or anyone, and even before Kayla tries to make him nicer, when he's in Stryker's group...HE DOES NOTHING ANIMAL LIKE!!! All he does is say we're not animals. I waited the whole movie to see him release it, but he doesn't. Wolverine in this film should have been more vicious than in say X2, where he was clearly more vicious than in this movie.

While the franchise got many character's right, I can't give them any better than a C for Wolverine's treatment throughout the series (including all 4 films). Jackman is certainly not to blame for this. The writing, direction, and producing is.
lets look at logan compared to other comic movies. the rest of the x men, spidey, hulk, iron man, batman, superman, how many of these guys are so severely consumed by rage that they blindly go on a quest of vengeance, killing anyone and everyone who gets in their way until their bloodlust is satisfied? none. batman comes close, but he doesnt kill. the only one is punisher. freaking punisher. so we look at logans motives and actions, and of all the comic movies out there he is closest to punisher. gives off a pretty good vibe of the animal to me. then, there is the fact that stryker is controlling and manipulative. he manipulates logan to go through weapon x not to help logan but for his own gain. we know from x2 that stryker believes that mutants need to be controlled. that is exactly what stryker is trying to do. control logan. manipulate him. use him. so he continues to tell logan that he is an animal. why? because thats what stryker wants him to be. not because thats what he is. i swear you guys see one comic of logan ripping dudes to shreds and then think thats all there is to him.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #365
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 67,534
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I give it 8 out of 10. It was a pretty good movie. My biggest problem was Deadpool. I give Wade Wilson a 10/10 and Deadpool a 4/10. Why would they want to ruin such a great character.
This is my stance too. Hopefully Deadpool will be corrected in his solo if they ever make it.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #366
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,884
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
lets look at logan compared to other comic movies. the rest of the x men, spidey, hulk, iron man, batman, superman, how many of these guys are so severely consumed by rage that they blindly go on a quest of vengeance, killing anyone and everyone who gets in their way until their bloodlust is satisfied? none. batman comes close, but he doesnt kill. the only one is punisher. freaking punisher. so we look at logans motives and actions, and of all the comic movies out there he is closest to punisher. gives off a pretty good vibe of the animal to me. then, there is the fact that stryker is controlling and manipulative. he manipulates logan to go through weapon x not to help logan but for his own gain. we know from x2 that stryker believes that mutants need to be controlled. that is exactly what stryker is trying to do. control logan. manipulate him. use him. so he continues to tell logan that he is an animal. why? because thats what stryker wants him to be. not because thats what he is. i swear you guys see one comic of logan ripping dudes to shreds and then think thats all there is to him.
Way to generalize at the end there

You act like your the only person who understands Wolverine is more than an animal. That's his central conflict in the comic, of course he is. However, this film doesn't really use that. It's when he joins the X-Men he starts quelling the animal side of him, and this film is BEFORE that. What does he do in Lagos? Nothing before he stops Creed. During the wars they show, sure he fights, but not really viciosuly. He mostly knocks guards out.

Even when he is let loose, he is too nice. He's joking around with everyone and only threatens Duke's after a wasted boxing match. You know how much he is driven by revenge? He let's Creed get away to fight Gambit for no reason, when he can use his sense to find Creed whom was just there. He was far too nice for a prequel.

You're not the only person who comprehends comics when they read them dude, so stop making snyde remarks amd generalizations at the end of posts in order to make your point. It adds nothing to your point.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #367
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Dammit everyone!

That's not Deadpool guys...You guys gotta ease up on the not Deadpool thing because we all know it's not Deadpool...As I've said in other Wolverine threads...It's suped up Wade wilson...The beginning of Deadpool!

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #368
YoungE808
Side-Kick
 
YoungE808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,660
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
errorrrrrrrrrr

errorrrrrrrrrrr
Lol, he's right though he didn't say it. The skin just healed, not the adamantium.

Anyways I thought this movie was great. I got a sneak peek at a review who gave it a 7 so i lowered my expectations a whole lot to the point where I thought it would be Street Fighter level. That may have been what made the movie blow my mind...or maybe it was the fight between Wolvie/Sabes and "The Pool"

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
YoungE808 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #369
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Way to generalize at the end there

You act like your the only person who understands Wolverine is more than an animal. That's his central conflict in the comic, of course he is. However, this film doesn't really use that. It's when he joins the X-Men he starts quelling the animal side of him, and this film is BEFORE that. What does he do in Lagos? Nothing before he stops Creed. During the wars they show, sure he fights, but not really viciosuly. He mostly knocks guards out.

Even when he is let loose, he is too nice. He's joking around with everyone and only threatens Duke's after a wasted boxing match. You know how much he is driven by revenge? He let's Creed get away to fight Gambit for no reason, when he can use his sense to find Creed whom was just there. He was far too nice for a prequel.

You're not the only person who comprehends comics when they read them dude, so stop making snyde remarks amd generalizations at the end of posts in order to make your point. It adds nothing to your point.
Exactly. I hope you don't get infractioned for this because your post sums everything up perfectly.

 
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #370
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,884
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Exactly. I hope you don't get infractioned for this because your post sums everything up perfectly.
I appreciate the compliment

I don't see why I'd get infracted though. I didn't insult anyone.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #371
LastSunrise1981
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I appreciate the compliment

I don't see why I'd get infracted though. I didn't insult anyone.
You were engaged in a debate with Nell and anyone who has a viewpoint different from his they get infractioned. I did quite a bit and I never insulted anyone myself.

I've found myself debating with Nell and without any insults hurled at him I receive an infraction or warning while he's allowed be to be rude, hurl insults, and make generalizations about fans.

But that's another topic. On the subject of this film? It had the right idea and the concept was nice. It was just poorly executed, rushed, and the continuity of the film ruined past concepts that the previous X-Men established in my opinion. One key issue I had was how watered down everything was, how everything was built up and ultimately resulted in a let down.

I know you mentioned how we never see Logan's animalistic side? Well, we've never really seen Logan or Victor really become vicious. It's one of the main reasons Fox sucks at creating what fans want to see. When Victor and Logan fight it should be bloody, brutal, gritty, realistic, and we should see flesh being torn and we should hear bones being broken. It should be a fight between two animals that dont show mercy to one another.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think this film would've garnered a much higher rating from me if they kept the X2 flashbacks of Weapon X. Those images were how I pictured Logan's experiment and the fact that they watered it down in this film shows how out of touch with the comics, the fans, and with violence/realism they are.

 
Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #372
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,006
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I saw it tonight....really good....give it a 7.5. `

C. Lee is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #373
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 38,884
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
You were engaged in a debate with Nell and anyone who has a viewpoint different from his they get infractioned. I did quite a bit and I never insulted anyone myself.

I've found myself debating with Nell and without any insults hurled at him I receive an infraction or warning while he's allowed be to be rude, hurl insults, and make generalizations about fans.

But that's another topic. On the subject of this film? It had the right idea and the concept was nice. It was just poorly executed, rushed, and the continuity of the film ruined past concepts that the previous X-Men established in my opinion. One key issue I had was how watered down everything was, how everything was built up and ultimately resulted in a let down.

I know you mentioned how we never see Logan's animalistic side? Well, we've never really seen Logan or Victor really become vicious. It's one of the main reasons Fox sucks at creating what fans want to see. When Victor and Logan fight it should be bloody, brutal, gritty, realistic, and we should see flesh being torn and we should hear bones being broken. It should be a fight between two animals that dont show mercy to one another.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think this film would've garnered a much higher rating from me if they kept the X2 flashbacks of Weapon X. Those images were how I pictured Logan's experiment and the fact that they watered it down in this film shows how out of touch with the comics, the fans, and with violence/realism they are.
Completely agreed. That was one of the more disappointing parts of the movie. X2 gave me the impression he went through this bloody battle to get out of there, and what we got was brief and unsatisfying. Also once he has the adamantium, Victor just gets rediculously owned. He can't even put up a fight now. I mean, his bones are adamantium, but his organs, skin and such aren't. So much more could have been done. We definately agree.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I also think not having him lose his memory til at the end way after the experiment was a bad choice. He should have lost it during the experiment. Not via deus ex machina.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #374
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman
 
Ziggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The T-dot!
Posts: 6,803
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I saw it tonight....really good....give it a 7.5. `
Nice Lee...!

__________________
Beware of Cookies bearing Fortune -Fortune from Fortune Cookie

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!


Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Ziggyman is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #375
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,006
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
Nice Lee...!
I go to the movies to have fun and escape.....this was a fun escapist pleasure. Was it perfect....no, that's why I give it a 7.5......but it was great fun. I haven't read an XMAN comic since the 80's.....so his origin story is fine with me. I've never read a comic with Deadpool in it....so I had no problem with the character in the movie.

I didn't go there to nitpick it to death or to reinforce my side on some internet war about it's quality. I went to see another sci fi comic book based action adventure kick-ass movie. I did...and I had fun.

C. Lee is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.