3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #1276
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
To be fair, before this movie there was no evidence he was telling the truth either. In fact, the flashback sequences certainly seemed to point otherwise.

I still would have gone with the forced experimentation if I had been the writer, just because I think it makes the Weapon X scenes more powerful that way.
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through. Wolverine has regenerative abilities that enable him to heal from injury or any foreign substance - he couldn't be captured for the procedure to be forced on him because bullets, guns, tranquilliser darts, etc, just don't work. There is no way in hell the procedure could be forced on to someone like him.

The only logical route is that he has to submit to the procedure, to allow it to happen.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1277
Project862006
Banned User

that is true but can wolverine ever go unconscious ?

Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #1278
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
that is true but can wolverine ever go unconscious ?
Well, yes, but not for long enough for all that adamantium to be pumped in.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #1279
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through.
As opposed to the cliche ridden masterpiece we got

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #1280
Hugh'sMrs
Side-Kick

I'll have to go back and reference my "Weapon X" graphic novel but it sure seemed like they found a way to subdue him long enough to apply the adamantium by force.

In X1 Rogue was able to knock him out for a while so it is possible.

X-Maniac, yes it's true that I 'felt' Stryker lied to Logan. That's the conclusion I made from watching that scene. I took into consideration that Stryker was a scumbag who'd do or say anything to get what he wants. If other people want to take his statement as fact, that's their right. Just as some people saw an epic love story with Logan and Jean, we all interprete things differently. It's called an opinion.

– Betty White, during her SNL opening monologue

Last edited by Hugh'sMrs; 05-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #1281
_BB_
Im a GIRL

After watching Star Trek last night and being completely blown away by the plot, the characters, the cgi and basically remembering how a film should be done...I'd like to change my review for this film to a 5/10 and after playing the Wolverine game on saturday I give that my original score of 7/10

Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #1282
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BB_ View Post
After watching Star Trek last night and being completely blown away by the plot, the characters, the cgi and basically remembering how a film should be done...I'd like to change my review for this film to a 5/10 and after playing the Wolverine game on saturday I give that my original score of 7/10
It's funny how the videogame was better than the film. That's a rarity amongst rarities.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #1283
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
It's funny how the videogame was better than the film. That's a rarity amongst rarities.
That says more about the film than the videogame, because the film is almost always better than the game that follows it.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #1284
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Yea but that is usually nothing to do with the film, more to do with the sheer shoddiness of pretty much every single movie tie in game ever created. The Wolverine game was good because it was never originally intended to be a movie game, it was being made anyway. Movie tie in games are always rushed out and not finished so they can be released on time with the movie.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #1285
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
The Wolverine game was good because it was never originally intended to be a movie game, it was being made anyway.
How does that work when the majority of the game follows the XMO storyline?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #1286
chaseter
Bland User

It could be seen as otherwise. Raven was making a Wolverine game and when they got word of the movie, they axed a lot of their original stuff to make it tie in with the movie. What is even more sad is that some of their ideas for their game made it into the movie. I am not lying...that is pathetic.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #1287
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It could be seen as otherwise. Raven was making a Wolverine game and when they got word of the movie, they axed a lot of their original stuff to make it tie in with the movie. What is even more sad is that some of their ideas for their game made it into the movie. I am not lying...that is pathetic.
if it's true, it's not the 1st time a marvel movie was influenced by the characters game. the part in TIH where the hulk rips a car in half to use as weapons was inspired by the hulk game that came out that year. (according to the movie comentery)

do you know which ideas made made it into the movie? like, which movie elements came from the game? and where they minor, or major additions to X-MO:W

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 05-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #1288
chaseter
Bland User

We won't know what was put in the movie from the game until the dvd commentary. The only commentary that the Raven folk have said, that I have seen, was that they thought it was cool that some of their game ideas were used for the actual movie so it really is limitless to the possibilities of what ideas they had were put into the actual movie.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #1289
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

So, you don't even know what ideas, or even how many, were incorporated from the game into the movie, and you're calling it pathetic?!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #1290
chaseter
Bland User

That is probably the reason why the video game is better than the movie.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #1291
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through. Wolverine has regenerative abilities that enable him to heal from injury or any foreign substance - he couldn't be captured for the procedure to be forced on him because bullets, guns, tranquilliser darts, etc, just don't work. There is no way in hell the procedure could be forced on to someone like him.

The only logical route is that he has to submit to the procedure, to allow it to happen.
Well...no, you are in fact quite wrong. It has been shown not only in the comics, but in the movies that Wolverine is quite susceptible to being knocked out. In the Weapon X graphic novel, the one by Barry Windsor-Smith, which was the first telling of Wolverine's involvement at Weapon X, Wolverine was knocked unconscious after being hit with tranquilizers multiple times, though he did need to get beaten up by the three men trying to capture him. Still, he was captured.

In Wolverine's own title Deadpool managed to knock him out by hitting him with a very high potency tranquilizer.

In the first 4-ish Wolverine stand alone Mini, Wolverine is knocked unconscious when hit by poisoned knives.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, Wolverine is by no means unstoppable, and he can certainly be knocked out and taken hostage. Saying that Wolverine can't be kept sedated long enough to pump the adamatium in his is flat out wrong, because it did happen, just go read Weapon X.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #1292
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well...no, you are in fact quite wrong. It has been shown not only in the comics, but in the movies that Wolverine is quite susceptible to being knocked out. In the Weapon X graphic novel, the one by Barry Windsor-Smith, which was the first telling of Wolverine's involvement at Weapon X, Wolverine was knocked unconscious after being hit with tranquilizers multiple times, though he did need to get beaten up by the three men trying to capture him. Still, he was captured.

In Wolverine's own title Deadpool managed to knock him out by hitting him with a very high potency tranquilizer.

In the first 4-ish Wolverine stand alone Mini, Wolverine is knocked unconscious when hit by poisoned knives.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, Wolverine is by no means unstoppable, and he can certainly be knocked out and taken hostage. Saying that Wolverine can't be kept sedated long enough to pump the adamatium in his is flat out wrong, because it did happen, just go read Weapon X.
But we're not talking about the Weapon X comic.

We're talking about a film series in which a bullet knocks Wolverine out for a minute or two, and a film series in which (as seen in the mansion raid in X2) he simply shrugs off the effect of a tranquilliser dart fired into his arm by a soldier.

Given those parameters, I am quite correct in saying he couldn't be knocked out.

The Wolverine movie also says that they are unable to anaesthetise him during the procedure which is consistent with the movieverse.

Even if he were, somehow, to be knocked out for a lengthy period, he'd need to be contained in very strong shackles, which would then make his escape from the tank impossible.

So, my original logic remains intact.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #1293
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
But we're not talking about the Weapon X comic.

We're talking about a film series in which a bullet knocks Wolverine out for a minute or two, and a film series in which (as seen in the mansion raid in X2) he simply shrugs off the effect of a tranquilliser dart fired into his arm by a soldier.

Given those parameters, I am quite correct in saying he couldn't be knocked out.

The Wolverine movie also says that they are unable to anaesthetise him during the procedure which is consistent with the movieverse.

Even if he were, somehow, to be knocked out for a lengthy period, he'd need to be contained in very strong shackles, which would then make his escape from the tank impossible.

So, my original logic remains intact.
Well, no. You're forgetting a crucial thing.

1. he was knocked out for a few minutes when he had an adamantium laced skull. The bullet never entered his brain. I'm sure he'd stay out longer if the bullet entered his brain.

2. Sabretooth knocked Wolverine out in Wolverine: Origins and in X1. The dude can be conked out.

3. You don't shackles too strong, because he doesn't have the adamantium yet. His bone claws may be strong, but I'm sure they could get some strong restraints that he couldn't cut through or rip out.

4. You could have easily say that they have some extremely strong tranquilizers that could knock him out. It's not too hard at all, hell, you could have Deadpool do it and even quote the line from the comics,
"Tranquilizers? You gotta be jokin right...."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, you have a healing factor, but before you go on another monologue and tell us all about it, I just hit you with enough of that stuff to drop three overweight T-Rex's, so just shut up and fall down okay?"

*Wolverine passes out*

Besides that, Weapon X also used multiple ways of mental control to keep Wolverine sedated, and in that case you don't need to worry about the sedative aspect at all.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #1294
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

What comic is that from? Where DP tranqs him?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #1295
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Well, no. You're forgetting a crucial thing.

1. he was knocked out for a few minutes when he had an adamantium laced skull. The bullet never entered his brain. I'm sure he'd stay out longer if the bullet entered his brain.
Perhaps so, that is true.

Quote:
2. Sabretooth knocked Wolverine out in Wolverine: Origins and in X1. The dude can be conked out.
Yes, although that scene where Sabretooth hits him with a tree branch in X1 always seems inconsisent as it knocks him out for what must be a few hours (the flight from Canada to New York), when a bullet only knocks him out for a few minutes in X2. Of course, he remains unconscious in X1 in order to have the drama and mystery of him waking up in the mansion and not knowing where he is or who brought him there.
Quote:
3. You don't shackles too strong, because he doesn't have the adamantium yet. His bone claws may be strong, but I'm sure they could get some strong restraints that he couldn't cut through or rip out.
Okay....but does his physical strength alter when he has adamantium? Would having adamantium allow him to break through restraints that he couldn't before?

Quote:
4. You could have easily say that they have some extremely strong tranquilizers that could knock him out. It's not too hard at all, hell, you could have Deadpool do it and even quote the line from the comics,
"Tranquilizers? You gotta be jokin right...."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, you have a healing factor, but before you go on another monologue and tell us all about it, I just hit you with enough of that stuff to drop three overweight T-Rex's, so just shut up and fall down okay?"

*Wolverine passes out*
That sounds fine, if they were to have gone down the route of a forced procedure.

Quote:
Besides that, Weapon X also used multiple ways of mental control to keep Wolverine sedated, and in that case you don't need to worry about the sedative aspect at all.
Mind control could be an option, if they had involved Kayla or Jason.

But, on the other hand, Wolverine's volunteering for the process does tie in with the direct dialogue in X2. Even if Stryker was lying, he did say Wolverine had volunteered and that's what people seeing that scene will register.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1296
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

What he is saying makes sense, X-Maniac. Logan could've been taken down and have the experiment forced upon him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
What comic is that from? Where DP tranqs him?
^^That. I also want to know.
Is that from the Origins series?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1297
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

but in x2 stryker said he volunteered for the experiment, so it shouldn't have been a forced experiment in this film.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
Old 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #1298
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
What he is saying makes sense, X-Maniac. Logan could've been taken down and have the experiment forced upon him.

^^That. I also want to know.
Is that from the Origins series?
Na it's not from the Origins series.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #1299
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
but in x2 stryker said he volunteered for the experiment, so it shouldn't have been a forced experiment in this film.
I know. Just saying that he could've been taken down. Not should.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #1300
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
To me, Stryker was lying to Logan to get him back on his side.

Closed Thread