The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

View Poll Results: Rate X-Men Origins: Wolverine
10 - Excellent 24 5.08%
9 29 6.14%
8 74 15.68%
7 97 20.55%
6 70 14.83%
5 67 14.19%
4 37 7.84%
3 20 4.24%
2 9 1.91%
1 - Poor 45 9.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #1276
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,889
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
To be fair, before this movie there was no evidence he was telling the truth either. In fact, the flashback sequences certainly seemed to point otherwise.

I still would have gone with the forced experimentation if I had been the writer, just because I think it makes the Weapon X scenes more powerful that way.
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through. Wolverine has regenerative abilities that enable him to heal from injury or any foreign substance - he couldn't be captured for the procedure to be forced on him because bullets, guns, tranquilliser darts, etc, just don't work. There is no way in hell the procedure could be forced on to someone like him.

The only logical route is that he has to submit to the procedure, to allow it to happen.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1277
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

that is true but can wolverine ever go unconscious ?

Project862006 is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #1278
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,889
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
that is true but can wolverine ever go unconscious ?
Well, yes, but not for long enough for all that adamantium to be pumped in.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #1279
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,011
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through.
As opposed to the cliche ridden masterpiece we got

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #1280
Hugh'sMrs
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 779
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

I'll have to go back and reference my "Weapon X" graphic novel but it sure seemed like they found a way to subdue him long enough to apply the adamantium by force.

In X1 Rogue was able to knock him out for a while so it is possible.

X-Maniac, yes it's true that I 'felt' Stryker lied to Logan. That's the conclusion I made from watching that scene. I took into consideration that Stryker was a scumbag who'd do or say anything to get what he wants. If other people want to take his statement as fact, that's their right. Just as some people saw an epic love story with Logan and Jean, we all interprete things differently. It's called an opinion.

__________________
"When I first heard about the campaign to get me to host Saturday Night Live, I didn't know what Facebook was. And now that I do know what it is, I have to say it sounds like a huge waste of time."

– Betty White, during her SNL opening monologue

Last edited by Hugh'sMrs; 05-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Hugh'sMrs is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #1281
_BB_
Im a GIRL
 
_BB_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 4,865
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

After watching Star Trek last night and being completely blown away by the plot, the characters, the cgi and basically remembering how a film should be done...I'd like to change my review for this film to a 5/10 and after playing the Wolverine game on saturday I give that my original score of 7/10

_BB_ is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #1282
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BB_ View Post
After watching Star Trek last night and being completely blown away by the plot, the characters, the cgi and basically remembering how a film should be done...I'd like to change my review for this film to a 5/10 and after playing the Wolverine game on saturday I give that my original score of 7/10
It's funny how the videogame was better than the film. That's a rarity amongst rarities.

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #1283
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,144
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
It's funny how the videogame was better than the film. That's a rarity amongst rarities.
That says more about the film than the videogame, because the film is almost always better than the game that follows it.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #1284
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Yea but that is usually nothing to do with the film, more to do with the sheer shoddiness of pretty much every single movie tie in game ever created. The Wolverine game was good because it was never originally intended to be a movie game, it was being made anyway. Movie tie in games are always rushed out and not finished so they can be released on time with the movie.

Ace of Knaves is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #1285
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
The Wolverine game was good because it was never originally intended to be a movie game, it was being made anyway.
How does that work when the majority of the game follows the XMO storyline?

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #1286
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,011
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

It could be seen as otherwise. Raven was making a Wolverine game and when they got word of the movie, they axed a lot of their original stuff to make it tie in with the movie. What is even more sad is that some of their ideas for their game made it into the movie. I am not lying...that is pathetic.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #1287
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,541
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It could be seen as otherwise. Raven was making a Wolverine game and when they got word of the movie, they axed a lot of their original stuff to make it tie in with the movie. What is even more sad is that some of their ideas for their game made it into the movie. I am not lying...that is pathetic.
if it's true, it's not the 1st time a marvel movie was influenced by the characters game. the part in TIH where the hulk rips a car in half to use as weapons was inspired by the hulk game that came out that year. (according to the movie comentery)

do you know which ideas made made it into the movie? like, which movie elements came from the game? and where they minor, or major additions to X-MO:W

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #1288
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,011
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

We won't know what was put in the movie from the game until the dvd commentary. The only commentary that the Raven folk have said, that I have seen, was that they thought it was cool that some of their game ideas were used for the actual movie so it really is limitless to the possibilities of what ideas they had were put into the actual movie.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #1289
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

So, you don't even know what ideas, or even how many, were incorporated from the game into the movie, and you're calling it pathetic?!

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #1290
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,011
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

That is probably the reason why the video game is better than the movie.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #1291
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,453
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If you'd done it that way, it would have been very bad writing on your part. You're not thinking this through. Wolverine has regenerative abilities that enable him to heal from injury or any foreign substance - he couldn't be captured for the procedure to be forced on him because bullets, guns, tranquilliser darts, etc, just don't work. There is no way in hell the procedure could be forced on to someone like him.

The only logical route is that he has to submit to the procedure, to allow it to happen.
Well...no, you are in fact quite wrong. It has been shown not only in the comics, but in the movies that Wolverine is quite susceptible to being knocked out. In the Weapon X graphic novel, the one by Barry Windsor-Smith, which was the first telling of Wolverine's involvement at Weapon X, Wolverine was knocked unconscious after being hit with tranquilizers multiple times, though he did need to get beaten up by the three men trying to capture him. Still, he was captured.

In Wolverine's own title Deadpool managed to knock him out by hitting him with a very high potency tranquilizer.

In the first 4-ish Wolverine stand alone Mini, Wolverine is knocked unconscious when hit by poisoned knives.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, Wolverine is by no means unstoppable, and he can certainly be knocked out and taken hostage. Saying that Wolverine can't be kept sedated long enough to pump the adamatium in his is flat out wrong, because it did happen, just go read Weapon X.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #1292
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,889
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Well...no, you are in fact quite wrong. It has been shown not only in the comics, but in the movies that Wolverine is quite susceptible to being knocked out. In the Weapon X graphic novel, the one by Barry Windsor-Smith, which was the first telling of Wolverine's involvement at Weapon X, Wolverine was knocked unconscious after being hit with tranquilizers multiple times, though he did need to get beaten up by the three men trying to capture him. Still, he was captured.

In Wolverine's own title Deadpool managed to knock him out by hitting him with a very high potency tranquilizer.

In the first 4-ish Wolverine stand alone Mini, Wolverine is knocked unconscious when hit by poisoned knives.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, Wolverine is by no means unstoppable, and he can certainly be knocked out and taken hostage. Saying that Wolverine can't be kept sedated long enough to pump the adamatium in his is flat out wrong, because it did happen, just go read Weapon X.
But we're not talking about the Weapon X comic.

We're talking about a film series in which a bullet knocks Wolverine out for a minute or two, and a film series in which (as seen in the mansion raid in X2) he simply shrugs off the effect of a tranquilliser dart fired into his arm by a soldier.

Given those parameters, I am quite correct in saying he couldn't be knocked out.

The Wolverine movie also says that they are unable to anaesthetise him during the procedure which is consistent with the movieverse.

Even if he were, somehow, to be knocked out for a lengthy period, he'd need to be contained in very strong shackles, which would then make his escape from the tank impossible.

So, my original logic remains intact.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #1293
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,453
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
But we're not talking about the Weapon X comic.

We're talking about a film series in which a bullet knocks Wolverine out for a minute or two, and a film series in which (as seen in the mansion raid in X2) he simply shrugs off the effect of a tranquilliser dart fired into his arm by a soldier.

Given those parameters, I am quite correct in saying he couldn't be knocked out.

The Wolverine movie also says that they are unable to anaesthetise him during the procedure which is consistent with the movieverse.

Even if he were, somehow, to be knocked out for a lengthy period, he'd need to be contained in very strong shackles, which would then make his escape from the tank impossible.

So, my original logic remains intact.
Well, no. You're forgetting a crucial thing.

1. he was knocked out for a few minutes when he had an adamantium laced skull. The bullet never entered his brain. I'm sure he'd stay out longer if the bullet entered his brain.

2. Sabretooth knocked Wolverine out in Wolverine: Origins and in X1. The dude can be conked out.

3. You don't shackles too strong, because he doesn't have the adamantium yet. His bone claws may be strong, but I'm sure they could get some strong restraints that he couldn't cut through or rip out.

4. You could have easily say that they have some extremely strong tranquilizers that could knock him out. It's not too hard at all, hell, you could have Deadpool do it and even quote the line from the comics,
"Tranquilizers? You gotta be jokin right...."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, you have a healing factor, but before you go on another monologue and tell us all about it, I just hit you with enough of that stuff to drop three overweight T-Rex's, so just shut up and fall down okay?"

*Wolverine passes out*

Besides that, Weapon X also used multiple ways of mental control to keep Wolverine sedated, and in that case you don't need to worry about the sedative aspect at all.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #1294
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

What comic is that from? Where DP tranqs him?

Ace of Knaves is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #1295
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,889
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Well, no. You're forgetting a crucial thing.

1. he was knocked out for a few minutes when he had an adamantium laced skull. The bullet never entered his brain. I'm sure he'd stay out longer if the bullet entered his brain.
Perhaps so, that is true.

Quote:
2. Sabretooth knocked Wolverine out in Wolverine: Origins and in X1. The dude can be conked out.
Yes, although that scene where Sabretooth hits him with a tree branch in X1 always seems inconsisent as it knocks him out for what must be a few hours (the flight from Canada to New York), when a bullet only knocks him out for a few minutes in X2. Of course, he remains unconscious in X1 in order to have the drama and mystery of him waking up in the mansion and not knowing where he is or who brought him there.
Quote:
3. You don't shackles too strong, because he doesn't have the adamantium yet. His bone claws may be strong, but I'm sure they could get some strong restraints that he couldn't cut through or rip out.
Okay....but does his physical strength alter when he has adamantium? Would having adamantium allow him to break through restraints that he couldn't before?


Quote:
4. You could have easily say that they have some extremely strong tranquilizers that could knock him out. It's not too hard at all, hell, you could have Deadpool do it and even quote the line from the comics,
"Tranquilizers? You gotta be jokin right...."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, you have a healing factor, but before you go on another monologue and tell us all about it, I just hit you with enough of that stuff to drop three overweight T-Rex's, so just shut up and fall down okay?"

*Wolverine passes out*
That sounds fine, if they were to have gone down the route of a forced procedure.

Quote:
Besides that, Weapon X also used multiple ways of mental control to keep Wolverine sedated, and in that case you don't need to worry about the sedative aspect at all.
Mind control could be an option, if they had involved Kayla or Jason.

But, on the other hand, Wolverine's volunteering for the process does tie in with the direct dialogue in X2. Even if Stryker was lying, he did say Wolverine had volunteered and that's what people seeing that scene will register.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1296
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,366
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

What he is saying makes sense, X-Maniac. Logan could've been taken down and have the experiment forced upon him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
What comic is that from? Where DP tranqs him?
^^That. I also want to know.
Is that from the Origins series?

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1297
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,541
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

but in x2 stryker said he volunteered for the experiment, so it shouldn't have been a forced experiment in this film.

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #1298
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
What he is saying makes sense, X-Maniac. Logan could've been taken down and have the experiment forced upon him.

^^That. I also want to know.
Is that from the Origins series?
Na it's not from the Origins series.

Ace of Knaves is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #1299
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,366
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
but in x2 stryker said he volunteered for the experiment, so it shouldn't have been a forced experiment in this film.
I know. Just saying that he could've been taken down. Not should.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #1300
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,011
Default Re: Rate and Review X-Men Origins: Wolverine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
but in x2 stryker said he volunteered for the experiment, so it shouldn't have been a forced experiment in this film.
To me, Stryker was lying to Logan to get him back on his side.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.