The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
JonathanKNathan
Banned User

Default Re: Morrison's Multiversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUD_SILENT_MAN View Post
Cyclops becoming an actual character for once is a bad thing?
For further reference on why this is true, see everything X-Men-related since Messiah Complex. A horrific personality is worse than no personality at all.

JonathanKNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #27
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I dunno, I guess I'd rather see Scott act like his First Class incarnation than his uber dick like incarnation.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
JonathanKNathan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I dunno, I guess I'd rather see Scott act like his First Class incarnation than his uber dick like incarnation.
Well me too, but I'd also rather see him act like cardboard than his uberdick incarnation. I think I'd rather see him dead, honestly. You know whose characterization doesn't get screwed up? Uncle Ben's, that's who.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #29
Max Shrek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
New X-Men? Critically acclaimed. #1 chart-topper for months upon months. And frakzillions of people -- I'd say around 50% of the fanbase, easy -- hated it. Hell, off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone other than myself who really loved it.
Ooh, ooh, me, me!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #30
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanKNathan View Post
You know whose characterization doesn't get screwed up? Uncle Ben's, that's who.
Thank god he's still the only comic book character who the "dead means dead" rule applies to. The more dead he stays, the less likely he is to get screwed up.

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #31
CBG
Side-Kick

Eh. I'll follow.

CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #32
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The worst part is that he was so good right before that. In Astonishing X-Men, that gambit with the gun, followed by that wry, slightly cocky "X-Men don't shoot people"? Classic. That was like Cyclops mixed with Han Solo and it worked perfectly. Dude's been a leader and the best of his class for his entire life--he should be a little bit cocky and have a roguish charm about him. But no, instead we get Scott the dick, ordering secret death squads around and declaring himself the uncrowned king of all mutants everywhere by way of some imagined moral superiority.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #33
BrianWilly
Disciple of Whedon

In-depth Morrison interview.
Quote:
We know about the Charlton Earth-4 and the Shazam Earth-5, what other Earths will we see?

One is without designation yet. It’s with all of the nineties characters because I really miss those guys, like Connor Hawke. It’s kind of version where they first had Earth-2 and Earth-2 was the older guys from the Golden Age. This is those guys but they’re not the main heroes. There’s a whole younger generation of heroes – kind of media brats almost. There’s a comic about them.
I will buy this until it bleeds. And then I will buy it some more.

I am a Starship Ranger!
I'm gonna do everything I can to always be a Starship Ranger; it's everything I am!
BrianWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #34
yenaled
3X2(9YZ)4A

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #35
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

Sweet, I hope we get the non-nerfed versions of those characters. I would live on that world.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #36
JonathanKNathan
Banned User

I'm glad Morrison is doing this, and I'm pretty sure I've literally had conversations with people to the effect of, "Wouldn't it be great if Grant Morrison wrote a Kyle Rayner/Connor Hawke/Wally West/etc JLA book?" But at the same time, isn't this just giving DC an excuse to never give a **** about the characters again?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #37
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

No more than it's giving them excuses to never give a f*** about the Charlton characters or the Captain Marvel family again.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #38
JonathanKNathan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
No more than it's giving them excuses to never give a f*** about the Charlton characters or the Captain Marvel family again.
And they didn't really need one anyway, point taken.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #39
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I just hope Morrison does right by Captain Atom. Lord knows the guy could use a break right about now, even if it is just an alterna-verse copy of him.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

Rise thread!

Looks like we're getting some news about this at Comic Con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Cool
So what can we expect from DC Comics at San Diego? Well, in a reversal of recent convention policy, announcements. Lots of them.

Including all ten artists to be announced on Grant Morrison’s upcoming massive multiverse comic.

Though I hear that Yanick Paquette is one. David Finch is another. As is Frank Quitely.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #41
Drz
Real Hero

Was this gonna have a Nazi Batman, or just Nazi Superman & Supergirl? I'm probably mostly interested in Superdemon, Aquaman & Doc Fate tho!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #42
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

I forgot all about this thing. I'm still kind of interested in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WompuM View Post
Wow. This sounds.... hmm. What's the relationship between Moore and Morrison? Can grant really pitch his own Watchmen without alienation Moore even more?
God, I know this is a really old post, and I bet Womp doesn't even remember, but in case he does, I'm kind of curious what exactly you meant here

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #43
fifthfiend
M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I always thought the best characterization for Scott was basically totally repressed, tightly wound ******* who's so tightly wound because he knows that if he ever unwound he'd turn into the kind of ******* he is now.

fifthfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #44
fifthfiend
M4J3ST1C L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Like to my mind if you write the absolutely perfect, ideal Cyclops, then absolutely nobody likes him, including himself, but everyone who isn't an idiot realizes that without him the team falls apart and then everybody dies. Which still doesn't make anyone actually like him any better.

fifthfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #45
Kurosawa
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Got this off Newsarama,

Sounds great. I hope he covers the pulp heroes earth and the "Halloween" earth.
Looking forward to the Marvel Family Earth a lot. Not so crazy about the Charlton Earth, as one of the things about Watchmen that I found relieving is that they did it with other characters and therefore didn't smear Ditko's characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Scott's had so much bad characterization over the years that that basically is his proper characterization at this point.
As far as I'm concerned, Jean has been dead since Uncanny XMen #137 and Cyclops hasn't been seen since #138. They have ruined both characters beyond repair. And I am a huge Cyclops fan.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #46
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Looking forward to the Marvel Family Earth a lot. Not so crazy about the Charlton Earth, as one of the things about Watchmen that I found relieving is that they did it with other characters and therefore didn't smear Ditko's characters.
Morrison writes an excellent Captain Marvel so it will be nice to have a proper Marvel Family back and I know that Morrison won't shy away from things like Uncle Marvel and Hoppy.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #47
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

This is great news! I remember hearing about this on a podcast I listened to like over a year ago and just kind of forgot about it. Good to see that it's still going to come to fruition. I've become a big Morrison fan through his Seven Soldiers of Victory and his amazing Batman run. I'm very much looking forward to see how this project turns out.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
SpideyInATree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #48
Drz
Real Hero

Frank Quitely was just confirmed as an artist for one of the Multiversity issues. Morrison is thinking Multiversity might come next summer.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #49
Cain
Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Morrison writes an excellent Captain Marvel so it will be nice to have a proper Marvel Family back and I know that Morrison won't shy away from things like Uncle Marvel and Hoppy.

My dream has been that when he got done with Batman he'd fix the **** outta the convoluted mess that is the New Earth DCU Marvel family in a new book. Forget the multiverse redeem them in the canon lol though I do look forward to this book though.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #50
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
My dream has been that when he got done with Batman he'd fix the **** outta the convoluted mess that is the New Earth DCU Marvel family in a new book. Forget the multiverse redeem them in the canon lol though I do look forward to this book though.
Haha Cain it's so funny that you posted this RIGHT now! Guess what Morrison just said in Comic Con?:
Quote:
Any chance Morrison might take on the Marvel (Shazam) family? Morrison said that one of the Multiversity titles will be a 38-pager called "Thunder World," and contains "everything I wanted to say about those characters."
38 pages doesn't seem too bad, right?