The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
K.B.
Side-Kick
 
K.B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Posts: 4,050
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

It didnt even feel like Hood was directing it excpet for in a few spots here and there (like the opening credits sequence). For the most part it just felt like unused fotage from X3.

-The claws looked bad in a lot of parts. Like they were cartoonishly oversized.

- Him clanging them together to make sparks. That was soo cheesy lol

Quote:
Creed: "We can't just let you walk away!"
Logan[gives him a dirty look and walks away]
Creed: "Jimmy!!"
This is exactly what I meant by piss poor script. They can't let him walk away yet thats EXACTLY what they do. This isnt the only instance where crap like this happens either.

Wraith tells Logan not to make fun of Freds weight so what does he do? Makes a ton of fat jokes and gets no reaction until he says something not even remotly close to a fat joke. WTF?

-Explaining everyones codename :They actually put forth effort to explain/mwention everyones codename ...why?

- Weapon Zero should have just been called Neo

-Wolverine being the "best there is": At what? Watching people do stuff? thats al he does just stand around and watch. And Sabes wants to be better then him why? He can't stand around like a lump?

__________________
I know nothing has even been filmed yet but Keir Gilchrist would have made a WAY better Peter Parker/Spider-Man than Andrew Garfield. There I said it!!!
K.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #27
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,519
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goopman25 View Post
Marvel sold the character rights to Fox giving Fox permission to do whatever to the x-characters.
Yes. They had to. At the time Marvey was either still, or had just gotten over being bankrupt. They didnt' have the resources to make the movie themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay
Most of the complaints that people have in regards to the story are about elements from Marvel comics...

What people don't understand is that, yes, it's rather true to the comics.
I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. I didn't mind the movie, but saying it was true to the comics is verryyyyy far off. There's very little true to the comics in this adaptation.

Wolverine and Sabretooth have never been confirmed as brothers (though I liked that idea), Silver Fox wasn't a lover of Logan in the 70's, Stryker was never involved in the bonding process, Wolverine never volunteered for the bonding process, Gambit isn't 10 years older than the original class of X-men, Gambit was never involved with Weapon X, Blob was never involved with Weapon X, Wolverine was not experimented on to add to the creation of Weapon 11, Weapon X was supposed to be the ultimate weapon, Wolverine was captured and experimented on, Wolverine was mindwiped during the procedure.....

I could go on for a while. Point being, it's not close to the comics.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
Neptune
Uchiha!
 
Neptune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: out awesoming all over the place
Posts: 2,847
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I liked the explanation for Gambit's codename

__________________
Deadpool:"Logan, buddy. We missed you. Weapon X just hasn't been the same without you. Nobody calls me bub anymore."

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #29
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,268
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

*Wolverine's demanor
*The story
*The Dialogue
*The unnecessary character additions
*The fact that "Batman Begins" and its influence is quite apparent
*The way that the weapon x scenes were crap in comparison to the x1/x2 flashbacks
*The fact that his memory loss is turned into a crappy detail.
*Bone Claws. Should never have been brought in

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #30
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,519
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
*Wolverine's demanor
*The story
*The Dialogue
*The unnecessary character additions
*The fact that "Batman Begins" and its influence is quite apparent
*The way that the weapon x scenes were crap in comparison to the x1/x2 flashbacks
*The fact that his memory loss is turned into a crappy detail.
*Bone Claws. Should never have been brought in
What are you talking about? There have been talks of a Wolverine spin off since X1. In fact, it's why they wrote Origin to begin with. In the hardcover for the book, they mention one of the reasons for doing the Origin is because they wanted to give Wolverine one before the movies did.

The only thing BB has in common with Wolverine is that it's an Origin story. It would be like me saying that Superman: The Movie obviously influenced BB because it's an origin story

They're not comparable. Besides that, BB was a better movie.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,472
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
-The ending. The entire thing. From Stryker letting Wolverine walk out, to Wolverine sparing Sabretooth to avoid being "an animal", to Wolverine fighting on a reactor, to Wolverine deflecting beams with his claws, to the adamantium bullets, etc. I could go on for hours about everything wrong with the finale from the lousy backdrop in the final battle to Stryker typing in commands for Deadpool. It was just a complete and utter mess.

-The invulnerable Wolverine. There was no tension to the film at all. Wolverine gets shot in the head by Agent Zero and he reacts like he just got some spit balls shot at him.

-Weapon X being a small part of the film. It really took away from Wolverine's past to skim over that and make it just a small part of Weapon XI.

-The shortness of the opening scenes. This is supposedly an origin movie but it skims over the first 100 years or so of his life. We never learn why he's the best there is at what he does or what the basis for his relationships with guys like Stryker are.

-Wolverine not really reacting to Wraith's death at all. It's not even brought up at the end. Wolverine acts like all Sabretooth did was fake kill Silverfox so it's okay to let him go.

-Wolverine being too much of a nice guy. Wolverine felt more like Hugh then ever before. This wasn't Wolverine.

-The Special Effects all have a very fake-ish feel to them. I never once felt impressed by how they looked.

-The Blob shouldn't have been in the movie at all.
I forgot to put this complaint in my post. I'd like to add that, in my opinion, I never felt that Wolverine was well done in the movies somewhat. The first movie was the closest and best portrayal but it's all down here from there.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,161
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
(I'm talking about the leaked verison, hopefully I don't get an infraction now that the flick is out)

Bad/chliched dialogue

Plot holed filled storyline

It had no heart or soul

The bad claw effects (which according to reviews and T.V spots were the final effects)

Will I Am is a terrible actor

The Blob scene was terrible

The bullet can make you lose your memory thing

The explaination of his Wolverine code name

The end villian being lame

Stryker being lamer in this flick than he was in X2.

Gambit was poorly portrayed.

The direction: The director watched far too many cheesy action flicks.
Gambit was poorly portrayed, but that wasnt Taylors fault or anything(no not blaming you for saying that, just pointing it out)

__________________
'' As beautiful as Aphrodite, as wise as
Athena, swifter than Hermes, and
Stronger than Hercules.''
DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #33
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,472
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
Gambit was poorly portrayed, but that wasnt Taylors fault or anything(no not blaming you for saying that, just pointing it out)
I'm not really blaming him.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #34
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,268
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
What are you talking about? There have been talks of a Wolverine spin off since X1. In fact, it's why they wrote Origin to begin with. In the hardcover for the book, they mention one of the reasons for doing the Origin is because they wanted to give Wolverine one before the movies did.

The only thing BB has in common with Wolverine is that it's an Origin story. It would be like me saying that Superman: The Movie obviously influenced BB because it's an origin story

They're not comparable. Besides that, BB was a better movie.
I just felt they were trying to rip off the style of BB...i know theyve always wanted a solo film...i just feel the one they did was trying to be BB in alot of ways (no, not realism before you try to tell me more things i already know), just like the daredevil movie trying to be sm1...hell the logan/creed/stryker prison scene reminded me of ducard and bruce....you may feel differently...i dont.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #35
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 68,710
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I liked the explanation for Gambit's codename
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
Gambit was poorly portrayed, but that wasnt Taylors fault or anything(no not blaming you for saying that, just pointing it out)
I disagree. I thought he was particularly well done. The fight scenes were really good and true to the character.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #36
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,519
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
I just felt they were trying to rip off the style of BB...i know theyve always wanted a solo film...i just feel the one they did was trying to be BB in alot of ways (no, not realism before you try to tell me more things i already know), just like the daredevil movie trying to be sm1...hell the logan/creed/stryker prison scene reminded me of ducard and bruce....you may feel differently...i dont.
Hmm, I hadn't looked at it that way before. And there is the whole thing with Stryker where he turns out to be the the mastermind of everything, but it's not really comparable to Ras since Stryker was never friends with Logan (despite calling him that.)

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #37
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,472
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I never thought about it that way The Batman...interesting.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #38
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

A few more points to raise (positive and negative)....

1) If the procedure had mindwiped Wolverine, then the movie would have ended there, because he'd have no memory of - and therefore care nothing about - the people who featured in the rest of the film. In order for him to continue to be involved with Kayla, Sabretooth and Stryker, he had to keep his memory of them.

2) The adamantium bullet was obviously like the silver bullet used to kill a werewolf, and in that respect a nice mythological touch even though it raises the issue of Wolverine having holes (or could it be just dents?) in his adamantium skull. The film was full of mythological touches - a Frankenstein's monster made from other mutants, a magical metal that came to earth from the stars, Kayla's story of the legend of the wolverine.... I didn't mind those things, it did give it a quality of some ancient myth, even if it lacked heart and soul.

3) Kayla and Emma are obviously not proper sisters, they must be half-sisters or one must be adopted. I hope x-Men: First Class tidies this up by saying Emma was an orphan raised by a native American family or something....

4) I'm sure that was a decapitated wolverine head that Logan saw when he sensed Sabretooth was in the area, not a bear's head as people keep saying. There is such an animal as a wolverine, and it does look like a small bear.

5) I found it to have less heart, soul and emotion than X3 though in other ways it feels more polished than X3.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #39
The Spawn
Better Than You
 
The Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hell
Posts: 19,507
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I didn't know he could use his staff to be a helicopter.

__________________
You all laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh because you're all the same
The Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #40
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Not writing near fast enough
Posts: 68,710
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Why couldn't they have used a carbodium bullet, or whatever the heck they just used on Daken (I know I;m not spelling that right...). At the very least it shouldhave been an adamantium bullet plus a little something extra to make it seem more than just a regular bullet.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction. There's pictures!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #41
The Spawn
Better Than You
 
The Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hell
Posts: 19,507
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Why wasn't Agent Zero wielding the gun with the adamantium bullets during the bonding process?*








*Other than the fact that the movie wouldn't have reached the third act.

__________________
You all laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh because you're all the same
The Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #42
The Spawn
Better Than You
 
The Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hell
Posts: 19,507
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Why wasn't Agent Zero wielding the gun with the adamantium bullets during the bonding process?*








*Other than the fact that the movie wouldn't have reached the third act.

__________________
You all laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh because you're all the same
The Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #43
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,415
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I thought some of the effects were poor.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #44
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,519
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
A few more points to raise (positive and negative)....

1) If the procedure had mindwiped Wolverine, then the movie would have ended there, because he'd have no memory of - and therefore care nothing about - the people who featured in the rest of the film. In order for him to continue to be involved with Kayla, Sabretooth and Stryker, he had to keep his memory of them.
Wrong. If he was mindwiped like the comics, then he would have remembered some things about his past but not others. He still remembered the killing of Silver Fox after the mindwipe, as well as fighting with Cap in WWII, among other things.

It would have been easy to explain. During the procedure explain that they are also mindwiping him. Wolverine fights the mindwipe and emerges going nuts. Since the mindwipe wasn't complete he would have some memories but not all.
Quote:
2) The adamantium bullet was obviously like the silver bullet used to kill a werewolf, and in that respect a nice mythological touch even though it raises the issue of Wolverine having holes (or could it be just dents?) in his adamantium skull. The film was full of mythological touches - a Frankenstein's monster made from other mutants, a magical metal that came to earth from the stars, Kayla's story of the legend of the wolverine.... I didn't mind those things, it did give it a quality of some ancient myth, even if it lacked heart and soul.
I'm sorry, but you're really reaching with the bullet. The creators wanted something to make Wolverine loose his memory, and they went about it in a bad way. An adamantium bullet wouldn't pierce his adamantium skull, it would have just ricocheted off.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,690
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I didn't like the shots of wolverine screaming to the sky, they're getting old!

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #46
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Wrong. If he was mindwiped like the comics, then he would have remembered some things about his past but not others. He still remembered the killing of Silver Fox after the mindwipe, as well as fighting with Cap in WWII, among other things.

It would have been easy to explain. During the procedure explain that they are also mindwiping him. Wolverine fights the mindwipe and emerges going nuts. Since the mindwipe wasn't complete he would have some memories but not all.
That all sounds a bit contrived to me, even if it is in the comics that way. He'd have to conveniently remember the people who featured in the rest of the movie. Sorry, don't buy it. Especially as X1 indicated that he couldn't remember anything about the previous 15 years.


Quote:
I'm sorry, but you're really reaching with the bullet. The creators wanted something to make Wolverine loose his memory, and they went about it in a bad way. An adamantium bullet wouldn't pierce his adamantium skull, it would have just ricocheted off.
Isn't it the case that only diamond can cut diamond? If so, i can see a similar principle applying. I didn't mind this. I have problems with the movie, but this isn't among them and is only going to be an issue for comie book purists or X2-worshippers.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #47
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,268
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Hmm, I hadn't looked at it that way before. And there is the whole thing with Stryker where he turns out to be the the mastermind of everything, but it's not really comparable to Ras since Stryker was never friends with Logan (despite calling him that.)

IMO, It's more of a spiritual ripping off, besides the stryker intro scene....

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #48
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,273
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

No character devolpment/ Small run-time

Barkapool (They should of used Bradley, would of been a bigger surprise)

The 'Forget Me' Bullets

The shortness of the childhood/war scenes

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #49
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,930
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I also think some of the origins were pointless, i mean like the jacket thing. >_> I mean its like if Batman Begins used 5-10 minutes of the movie to show Batman developing his jerk attitude or watching Dirty Harry and thus saying: hey that voice is badass, ill copy that when i fight and fear the criminals. =P

__________________
"I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!"
Thoughts & Rambles
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #50
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.
 
gap5ewl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North America
Posts: 5,165
Default Re: What didnt you like about the film?

I HATED what they did to Silverfox. In the comics, she was part of the Weapon X program and a member of Team X. But in the movie, she's just Wolverine's girlfriend who gets killed in the end..lame.

__________________
"Whenever someone calls me ugly, I get super sad and hug them, because I know how tough life is for the visually impaired"-Will Ferrel.
gap5ewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.