The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
They didn't need to spend 150 million bucks on this turd. If they had 60 million, a good director, a killer script, and no interference from Fox, a Wolverine movie could have been classic.
true true true.

if there is one comichero that comes to my mind now that should have a lower budget its wolverine. no mutats in the movie. make the story about military and cops.
grity and dark.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
Timstuff
Banned User

Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

If Fox hadn't insisted on having every mutant and their grandma show up in this movie long enough to have a fight and show off their powers, maybe it wouldn't have needed a 150 million dollar budget.

Seriously though, the only powered characters in this movie should have been Wolverine and the rest of the Weapon X team. The budget would have been much more reasonable than what Fox spent, and they would have actually had time to develop the characters!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #28
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
They didn't need to spend 150 million bucks on this turd. If they had 60 million, a good director, a killer script, and no interference from Fox, a Wolverine movie could have been classic.
I still can't believe thats the actual budget. This movie's special effects don't look very good at all. Just take a look at the sfx companies they used.

I'd really like to know were all that money went into, because nothing I saw yelled out "this took 130-150 million dollar to make". This is also the reported budget according to Fox apparently. If they were spending that much money they should of at least hired ILM or Digital Domain (or both). That would at least add a somewhat redeeming factor in the film.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 05-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
If Fox hadn't insisted on having every mutant and their grandma show up in this movie long enough to have a fight and show off their powers, maybe it wouldn't have needed a 150 million dollar budget.

Seriously though, the only powered characters in this movie should have been Wolverine and the rest of the Weapon X team. The budget would have been much more reasonable than what Fox spent, and they would have actually had time to develop the characters!
That would have been awesome but alas we got the adventures of Wussy-Rine and crew.

Now with bad claw effects!

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #30
dark_b
Side-Kick

there is no way tha tthe budget is 120-150. if FOX said this then they lyed.

why? because people then expect good and big action.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #31
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I still can't believe thats the actual budget. This movie's special effects don't look very good at all. Just take a look at the sfx companies they used.

I'd really like to know were all that money went into, because nothing I saw yelled out "this took 130-150 million dollar to make". This is also the reported budget according to Fox apparently. If they were spending that much money they should of at least hired ILM or Digital Domain (or both). That would at least add a somewhat redeeming factor in the film.
Cast...especially Jackman. He's a big star now and also produced the damn thing. I'm sure he got a huge paycheck for this.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #32
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Cast...especially Jackman. He's a big star now and also produced the damn thing. I'm sure he got a huge paycheck for this.
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment. I doubt the cast would cost that much, I mean they had Will.I.Am in it for gosh sake.

I'm still a bit skeptical on the budget amount or they just simply horribly misused the money which wouldn't be surprising.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB

Last edited by craigdbfan; 05-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

**** YEAH DUDE!!!!!! I gotta go pick this up

Old 05-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment. I doubt the cast would cost that much, I mean they had Will.I.Am in it for gosh sake.

I'm still a bit skeptical on the budget amount or they just simply horribly misused the money which wouldn't be surprising.
Then I am baffled if the film cost $150mil to make.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
Juggernaut33
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment.
When you are actor and producer of your own movie, you get two salaries. Hugh Jackman got paid $20 million for this flick and that's what I'm mad about. This guy was the star of the film and the producer, the studio had to pay him $20 million. Jackman cleary had leverage to make the Wolverine we'd always wanted to see and instead he chose to be the studio's whore. Jackman might me a nice guy but he is a douche, seriously, this guy is a joke. I'm really pissed at him.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #36
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut33 View Post
When you are actor and producer of your own movie, you get two salaries. Hugh Jackman got paid $20 million for this flick and that's what I'm mad about. This guy was the star of the film and the producer, the studio had to pay him $20 million. Jackman cleary had leverage to make the Wolverine we'd always wanted to see and instead he chose to be the studio's whore. Jackman might me a nice guy but he is a douche, seriously, this guy is a joke. I'm really pissed at him.
But that's not the first time. Many celebrities have gone down the same route, but do you see it as effecting their films, or whether if it tarnishes their reputation as a 'decent person with charitable tendencies?'

Maybe they are mutually exclusive, but you can't deny Jackman's love for and investment in the character. He actually cares about Wolvy. How is it his fault that the studios didn't do efficient work on the special effects?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #37
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
Maybe they are mutually exclusive, but you can't deny Jackman's love for and investment in the character. He actually cares about Wolvy. How is it his fault that the studios didn't do efficient work on the special effects?
when will people realize that he is doing this for the money?

he did X3. and it was bad. you would think that its over. but no he makes another movie. and its not better.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #38
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
It'd be nice if the FX were this movie's only problem, but they're not. The movie's location makes it look like it was filmed in someone's back yard (how many times are these movies going to re-use this SAME forested back lot?), aside from Hugh, Lieve, and Reynolds the acting was bad (and even their performances were mixed), and all around it did not feel like a 150 million dollar movie.

Let me put it this way-- Watchmen was made for $138,000,000. Just about everywhere you look in that movie, you can see how much money they spent. It was loaded with incredible spectacles like an entirely motion captured humanoid character, a character who's mask is made of animated fabric, and story that takes place in an alternate version of the 1980's New York. Unlike Wolverine though, Watchmen actually stays in a location long enough for us to appreciate it!

It's truly shocking how a movie as grand and high-spectacle as Watchmen can actually cost LESS than a movie as bland and uneventful as Wolverine. Wolverine felt like the poor man's comic book film, even though it had a giant budget! That's just plain stupid if you ask me.

Fox deserves the brunt of the blame over this movie, because let's face it, they had almost complete creative control over it. However, part of the blame also lies with Gavin Hood, because unfortunately, indie directors often mismanage their funds when making giant blockbusters like this. If you make a good movie for 20 million dollars, and they suddenly you're given 150 million dollars to make a movie with, you're not necessarily going to know what to spend it on. It's like a person who wins the lottery, and finds himself in debt after a month. Knowing how to be frugal with an indie film budget doesn't guarantee wise money management with a big budget film.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #39
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I can't believe how violent that was! A Wolverine movie like that would be insane!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #40
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
It'd be nice if the FX were this movie's only problem, but they're not. The movie's location makes it look like it was filmed in someone's back yard (how many times are these movies going to re-use this SAME forested back lot?), aside from Hugh, Lieve, and Reynolds the acting was bad (and even their performances were mixed), and all around it did not feel like a 150 million dollar movie.
the scene where gambit,Victor and wolverine fight. it was IMO one of the most obvious sets that i saw in the last years in a bigbudget movie. it looked like a set. the lighting looked like it was from a set. not like on a street. it was a set. not a city street.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #41
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Seriously, as if you needed anything other than X2 to gauge Fox's current incompetence at movie making, I suggest you watch the following video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Seriously, when a cheaply made CG cartoon made for a video game is more awesome than anything from a 100 minute long 150 million dollar budget blockbuster movie, it doesn't speak very well of the movie studio.
That was wicked

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #42
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

What made this for me? Not the gore (it actually was an after thought for me) but just the chaotic and claustrophobic atmosphere, the heavily armed enemies and the overwhelming DYNAMIC nature of the helicopter scene. That's pure Wolverine; he knows almost nothing can kill him, so he tends to show off. I'm shocked, from the little I've heard today, it seems like this is one of the few videogame movies that's good! I'll be picking this one up later. Oh and also the guys who did this said they want to work on a COMICBOOK related Deadpool game on Deadpoolbugle.com Whoo!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
dark_b
Side-Kick

even if there was no blood in this video it would still feel very awesome and badass. it would feel like............wolverine

Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #44
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Bingo! It just feels right you know? They could have done the pg-13 level of toned down violence like in Hulk vs Wolverine and it still would have gotten quite right.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #45
dark_b
Side-Kick

the enviorment is so desaturated and dark.it fits so much.

i now belive that Rothman wanted to repaint a set because it was to dark.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Gosh guys! Looks like you invented yet another thread to complain about the movie in!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

There's more blood in the Hulk Vs. Wolverine cartoon that in the entire movie. Quite a bit more.

And as for them spending 150M on this, the Entertainment Weekly summer preview edition clearly reports that XO:W cost more than X1, X2, or X3. That would be in excess of 210M. Take that for what it's worth.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #48
TheCardPlayer
Side-Kick

Didn't want to buy this since it's a movie game but then something happened. The game was reviewed...

And people liked it...alot.

So I bought it...and I'm having a blast. I'll let ScrewAttack.com's review do the rest of the talking:

http://screwattack.com/VGR/OriginsWolverine

Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #49
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies

Yeah i bought the game today and its waaaaaay better than the movie,lol, and shocked to find out it was rated for mature gamers. I love how you can just go crazy with his claws and make blood and gore splatter all over the place.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #50
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies

Oh and i unlocked the classic costume half way in to the game and playing the rest of the remaining game with it on and loving this game even more, there is also quite a bit of repetitiveness but this is possibly the best wolverine game to date.

Closed Thread