The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #26
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
They didn't need to spend 150 million bucks on this turd. If they had 60 million, a good director, a killer script, and no interference from Fox, a Wolverine movie could have been classic.
true true true.

if there is one comichero that comes to my mind now that should have a lower budget its wolverine. no mutats in the movie. make the story about military and cops.
grity and dark.

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

If Fox hadn't insisted on having every mutant and their grandma show up in this movie long enough to have a fight and show off their powers, maybe it wouldn't have needed a 150 million dollar budget.

Seriously though, the only powered characters in this movie should have been Wolverine and the rest of the Weapon X team. The budget would have been much more reasonable than what Fox spent, and they would have actually had time to develop the characters!

Timstuff is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #28
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,667
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
They didn't need to spend 150 million bucks on this turd. If they had 60 million, a good director, a killer script, and no interference from Fox, a Wolverine movie could have been classic.
I still can't believe thats the actual budget. This movie's special effects don't look very good at all. Just take a look at the sfx companies they used.

I'd really like to know were all that money went into, because nothing I saw yelled out "this took 130-150 million dollar to make". This is also the reported budget according to Fox apparently. If they were spending that much money they should of at least hired ILM or Digital Domain (or both). That would at least add a somewhat redeeming factor in the film.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 31,978
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
If Fox hadn't insisted on having every mutant and their grandma show up in this movie long enough to have a fight and show off their powers, maybe it wouldn't have needed a 150 million dollar budget.

Seriously though, the only powered characters in this movie should have been Wolverine and the rest of the Weapon X team. The budget would have been much more reasonable than what Fox spent, and they would have actually had time to develop the characters!
That would have been awesome but alas we got the adventures of Wussy-Rine and crew.

Now with bad claw effects!

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #30
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

there is no way tha tthe budget is 120-150. if FOX said this then they lyed.

why? because people then expect good and big action.

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #31
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,461
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I still can't believe thats the actual budget. This movie's special effects don't look very good at all. Just take a look at the sfx companies they used.

I'd really like to know were all that money went into, because nothing I saw yelled out "this took 130-150 million dollar to make". This is also the reported budget according to Fox apparently. If they were spending that much money they should of at least hired ILM or Digital Domain (or both). That would at least add a somewhat redeeming factor in the film.
Cast...especially Jackman. He's a big star now and also produced the damn thing. I'm sure he got a huge paycheck for this.

Figs is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #32
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,667
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Cast...especially Jackman. He's a big star now and also produced the damn thing. I'm sure he got a huge paycheck for this.
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment. I doubt the cast would cost that much, I mean they had Will.I.Am in it for gosh sake.

I'm still a bit skeptical on the budget amount or they just simply horribly misused the money which wouldn't be surprising.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB

Last edited by craigdbfan; 05-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #33
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice
 
Beanjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,742
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

**** YEAH DUDE!!!!!! I gotta go pick this up

__________________
Don't judge anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes...then judge them all you want because you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Beanjuice is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 26,461
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment. I doubt the cast would cost that much, I mean they had Will.I.Am in it for gosh sake.

I'm still a bit skeptical on the budget amount or they just simply horribly misused the money which wouldn't be surprising.
Then I am baffled if the film cost $150mil to make.

Figs is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
Juggernaut33
Side-Kick
 
Juggernaut33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 889
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I think he actually lowered his asking price because he was producer, he didn't ask for a higher payment.
When you are actor and producer of your own movie, you get two salaries. Hugh Jackman got paid $20 million for this flick and that's what I'm mad about. This guy was the star of the film and the producer, the studio had to pay him $20 million. Jackman cleary had leverage to make the Wolverine we'd always wanted to see and instead he chose to be the studio's whore. Jackman might me a nice guy but he is a douche, seriously, this guy is a joke. I'm really pissed at him.

__________________
It will be a stronger world, a stronger loving world, to die in.
Juggernaut33 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #36
pyromaniac
Side-Kick
 
pyromaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,641
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut33 View Post
When you are actor and producer of your own movie, you get two salaries. Hugh Jackman got paid $20 million for this flick and that's what I'm mad about. This guy was the star of the film and the producer, the studio had to pay him $20 million. Jackman cleary had leverage to make the Wolverine we'd always wanted to see and instead he chose to be the studio's whore. Jackman might me a nice guy but he is a douche, seriously, this guy is a joke. I'm really pissed at him.
But that's not the first time. Many celebrities have gone down the same route, but do you see it as effecting their films, or whether if it tarnishes their reputation as a 'decent person with charitable tendencies?'

Maybe they are mutually exclusive, but you can't deny Jackman's love for and investment in the character. He actually cares about Wolvy. How is it his fault that the studios didn't do efficient work on the special effects?

__________________
'Had we but world enough, and time.'
pyromaniac is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #37
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
Maybe they are mutually exclusive, but you can't deny Jackman's love for and investment in the character. He actually cares about Wolvy. How is it his fault that the studios didn't do efficient work on the special effects?
when will people realize that he is doing this for the money?

he did X3. and it was bad. you would think that its over. but no he makes another movie. and its not better.

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #38
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
Maybe they are mutually exclusive, but you can't deny Jackman's love for and investment in the character. He actually cares about Wolvy. How is it his fault that the studios didn't do efficient work on the special effects?
It'd be nice if the FX were this movie's only problem, but they're not. The movie's location makes it look like it was filmed in someone's back yard (how many times are these movies going to re-use this SAME forested back lot?), aside from Hugh, Lieve, and Reynolds the acting was bad (and even their performances were mixed), and all around it did not feel like a 150 million dollar movie.

Let me put it this way-- Watchmen was made for $138,000,000. Just about everywhere you look in that movie, you can see how much money they spent. It was loaded with incredible spectacles like an entirely motion captured humanoid character, a character who's mask is made of animated fabric, and story that takes place in an alternate version of the 1980's New York. Unlike Wolverine though, Watchmen actually stays in a location long enough for us to appreciate it!

It's truly shocking how a movie as grand and high-spectacle as Watchmen can actually cost LESS than a movie as bland and uneventful as Wolverine. Wolverine felt like the poor man's comic book film, even though it had a giant budget! That's just plain stupid if you ask me.

Fox deserves the brunt of the blame over this movie, because let's face it, they had almost complete creative control over it. However, part of the blame also lies with Gavin Hood, because unfortunately, indie directors often mismanage their funds when making giant blockbusters like this. If you make a good movie for 20 million dollars, and they suddenly you're given 150 million dollars to make a movie with, you're not necessarily going to know what to spend it on. It's like a person who wins the lottery, and finds himself in debt after a month. Knowing how to be frugal with an indie film budget doesn't guarantee wise money management with a big budget film.

Timstuff is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #39
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

I can't believe how violent that was! A Wolverine movie like that would be insane!

Balthus Dire is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 PM   #40
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
It'd be nice if the FX were this movie's only problem, but they're not. The movie's location makes it look like it was filmed in someone's back yard (how many times are these movies going to re-use this SAME forested back lot?), aside from Hugh, Lieve, and Reynolds the acting was bad (and even their performances were mixed), and all around it did not feel like a 150 million dollar movie.
the scene where gambit,Victor and wolverine fight. it was IMO one of the most obvious sets that i saw in the last years in a bigbudget movie. it looked like a set. the lighting looked like it was from a set. not like on a street. it was a set. not a city street.

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #41
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,886
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
Seriously, as if you needed anything other than X2 to gauge Fox's current incompetence at movie making, I suggest you watch the following video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Seriously, when a cheaply made CG cartoon made for a video game is more awesome than anything from a 100 minute long 150 million dollar budget blockbuster movie, it doesn't speak very well of the movie studio.
That was wicked

The Caped Knight is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #42
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck
 
Shockdingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: With Deadpool & The unlimited
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

What made this for me? Not the gore (it actually was an after thought for me) but just the chaotic and claustrophobic atmosphere, the heavily armed enemies and the overwhelming DYNAMIC nature of the helicopter scene. That's pure Wolverine; he knows almost nothing can kill him, so he tends to show off. I'm shocked, from the little I've heard today, it seems like this is one of the few videogame movies that's good! I'll be picking this one up later. Oh and also the guys who did this said they want to work on a COMICBOOK related Deadpool game on Deadpoolbugle.com Whoo!

Shockdingo is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #43
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

even if there was no blood in this video it would still feel very awesome and badass. it would feel like............wolverine

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #44
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck
 
Shockdingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: With Deadpool & The unlimited
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Bingo! It just feels right you know? They could have done the pg-13 level of toned down violence like in Hulk vs Wolverine and it still would have gotten quite right.

Shockdingo is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #45
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,894
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

the enviorment is so desaturated and dark.it fits so much.

i now belive that Rothman wanted to repaint a set because it was to dark.

dark_b is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.
 
katie_girl09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,683
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Gosh guys! Looks like you invented yet another thread to complain about the movie in!

katie_girl09 is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GTFO!!!!
Posts: 16,829
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

There's more blood in the Hulk Vs. Wolverine cartoon that in the entire movie. Quite a bit more.

And as for them spending 150M on this, the Entertainment Weekly summer preview edition clearly reports that XO:W cost more than X1, X2, or X3. That would be in excess of 210M. Take that for what it's worth.

__________________
My God, did that smell good!
kedrell is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #48
TheCardPlayer
Side-Kick
 
TheCardPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,413
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Didn't want to buy this since it's a movie game but then something happened. The game was reviewed...

And people liked it...alot.

So I bought it...and I'm having a blast. I'll let ScrewAttack.com's review do the rest of the talking:

http://screwattack.com/VGR/OriginsWolverine

__________________
Heath Ledger
1979-2008
Rest in peace.
TheCardPlayer is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #49
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies
 
DemonicFoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 511
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Yeah i bought the game today and its waaaaaay better than the movie,lol, and shocked to find out it was rated for mature gamers. I love how you can just go crazy with his claws and make blood and gore splatter all over the place.

DemonicFoil is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #50
DemonicFoil
Comics,Games,Movies
 
DemonicFoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 511
Default Re: Oh snap... The video game's intro is better than any action scene from this film.

Oh and i unlocked the classic costume half way in to the game and playing the rest of the remaining game with it on and loving this game even more, there is also quite a bit of repetitiveness but this is possibly the best wolverine game to date.

DemonicFoil is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.